• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,050 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Vers la Côte

Escutcheon rode on Turkeylegs back as the two of them headed down the road. It was really warm under his cloak as the sun rose higher and higher into the sky. "Uhg, how do the ponies in Canterlot live in cloths all the time, this is ridiculous." Escutcheon whined.

"Why are you even wearing a cloak?" The elderly stallion asked.

"I don't know I just don't want to be naked." Escutcheon answered.

"We're both colts-er stallions here."

"Yeah I guess." Escutcheon answered. "Hey what is your name?" Escutcheon's horn lit up as he started taking the cloak off.

"My name is Sea Billows." The stallion answered. "So what's Canterlot?" He looked over at the colt. Escutcheon's face glowed red in embarrassment, at now being exposed. He didn't know why he had never felt like this before. Normally he hated wearing cloths it was the worst part of going to the Gala.

"The capital of Equestria where the alicorns live." Escutcheon gave up he'd rather wear the cloak than feel this exposed. He pulled the cloak back over him. He'd have to see if he could purchase a different outfit at the next town that they'd arrive at.

"Alicorns what is that?"

"Well they're really big an have flowing manes, and they have a pegasi's wings, unicorns magic, and earthpony's strength." Escutcheon sighed. "Oh also only mares can become an alicorn." He looks over his shoulder at the older stallion. "How long were you there?"

"50 years." Sea answered. "I don't even now if my parents are still alive." He wiped a few tears from his face. Escutcheon looked away. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Escutcheon wiped a few tears from his face. "I'm fine."

"Is it your head?"

"No." He shook his head it didn't hurt anymore. "I just. I was going home, but." he trailed off.

"But?"

"I ran away. Mother and Father don't know where I am they don't even know if I'm still alive. Not really any ways, but in order for me to go home I had to leave a new one. I had to leave behind a filly that I really really liked, I thought, I think she's my special somepony. Now I don't know what I should do. I still want to go home, and let Mother and Father know that I'm okay, but I don't want to leave my new home. I don't want to give up what I found."

"I understand well. How about going back and taking this filly with you?" Sea Billows asks.

"Where I'm going is dangerous. I don't even know how I'm suppose to get across the sea."

"Nopony gets across the sea."

"Exactly that's why I don't want her coming with me I couldn't ask her to do that." He looked up at the sun above them the road that had lead them from Grazing would eventually lead them to Rocky Coast along the road there were suppose to be several inns.

"Well how about this once you've gotten to Rocky Coast why not decide then? You don't have to decide right now and if you can't get across the ocean then you can turn back." Escutcheon thought about this until dusk as they arrived at the first inn. They got a cot and fell asleep not having to pay because the inns were set up by the government of Marine to help travel from the major cities. Escutcheon fell asleep. Not sure which home he should head back to.

The days continued in an almost rhythmic pattern. Escutcheon, Turkeylegs, and Sea Billows would wake up at the inn, and head out after a small government rationed breakfast. After a day long tread west on the road. This went on for so long that eventually the two of them went on in silence. Until after two months Escutcheon could smell it.

"Do you smell that?"

"Yes, yes I do it smells like home." The two of them ran to the crest of the hill. At the crest of the hill they over looked a small coastal hamlet. "I'm home after half a century I'm finally home." Sea Billows wiped his eyes. The two of them descended on the small township.

Author's Note:

LXXV
Hazaa!

PreviousChapters Next