• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,050 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,050

PreviousChapters Next
Hameau Petit

"Hey sis, what are you going to do with your share of the money?" Story Teller looked over to his sister. "You going to go see that gray stallion in the market back in town?"

"Shut it. Brother it's still a long way to Rocky Coast. It would be a shame if you lost your sleeping bag and tent, now wouldn't it." Her brother laughed at her threat.

"There's this scrawny little carrot vendor back at home." He explained to Escutcheon, and ignored Trail Life's grimacing glare. "The two of them make a cute couple, but it'll never happen. Cause he won't leave is farm, and she has to go on every trip. After every trip she goes to him with a full bag of coin, and comes home with it empty, and doesn't have a single carrot."

"Shut it." Trail Life jumped on her brother the two rolling around on the ground.

"Don't mind them just some sibling banter." The older stallion waved Escutcheon over to him. "So kiddo, where is this Equestria? Because I've been all over the world, and I've never heard of it. It must be far away." Escutcheon nodded.

"It's on the other side of the world." He looked up in the sky the sun shone down on them in the beautiful blue sky full of fluffy clouds." Where I'm from it's midnight now."

"I can only imagine how home sick you must feel." He patted Escutcheon's back. "Aye I can relate. I love working the trade routes, but home is always calling me back."

"Where is your home?" Escutcheon looks down at the elderly stallion.

"The Rocky Coast on the western coast the sound of the sea against the rocks. The smell of salt water on the air. The sea gulls' call mixing with the laughter of foals. Every time I go back I tell myself I can never leave there again." Trail Blaze chuckled.

"Then three months later he's waking me up early and telling me we're heading out again." Cow said. "I don't know how his wife puts up with it."

"Maybe Carrot Leaf can tell you. He seems to put up with sis just fine." Story Teller laughed as his sister bucked him.

"So we're going to the coast, are we close?"

"Nope, We're close to Grazing." Trail Life's voice took a soft tone, as she trotted up to Turkeylegs' side. "We're still nearly two months away from the coast."

"Is there any passage from the coast going west?"

"I'm afraid not." Story Teller walked next to his sister. "None of the ponies that have gone west have ever come back. If you're going to get home finding somepony with the guts to try to get across the see will be just as hard as getting across the ocean." Story Teller gave Escutcheon a sad smile. "I'm sorry I wish the news was better. You should try going to Marine. It's a major town a weeks trot from Rocky Coast if there's a pony out there that would give it a shot it would be in Marine." The four of them continued to talk about how to get him to the other side of the ocean, until they came to Grazing. a small hamlet. It was surrounded by grain fields. Except for a small plum orchard on the south side of town.

"I've already covered our inn fee." Trail Blazer smiled. "I'll cover your's too Escutcheon."

"Thank you sir. I kind of lost most of my valuables in the fire."

"It's alright. kiddo." They all headed into the inn.

PreviousChapters Next