• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,049 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,049

PreviousChapters Next
Le Dragon

In a golden flash Escutcheon appeared at the summit of the pyramid. He did his best to keep his footing, as he looked down on the city below him. It was a blaze the Choler were destroying everything. and attacking everyone not just the revolting slave. Homes were being destroyed, and attacking the families that tried to escape. His resolve steeled itself as he slid down to the entrance, gazing out at the battle. He jumped down onto the landing.

"You have come little unicorn colt." Escutcheon turned around, three Choler stood waiting for him at the entrance of the pyramid. "You shall come to me. I shall rip you. I will break you. I will show your broken body to those that would resist. Come now little unicorn. Come to me and suffer."

"What are you? Why are you attacking the ponies in their homes?"

"They are weak tonight only the strong will survive, and I shall keep them, and send them out to capture more slaves." Escutcheon grit his teeth and glared at the Choler that was being used to deliver the message. "Do you sympathize for them?"

"I'm going to make you pay for this."

"Come then, come to me." The three Cholers turned their backs to him and lead him into the pyramid Escutcheon looked down on the city one last time hoping that Dusk was okay in the orange glowing city, before turning around and following the three of them down into the pyramid. The interior of the pyramid was obsidian with red rubies engraved in the walls in the same pattern as the Choler's masks. The four of them descended down a series of stairs the rooms got darker and were lit by torches. He arrived in at the bottom floor which made up most of the pyramid, there were only three floors above him. The ceiling was being held up by twenty pillars, that were arranged around in a circle around the center. The three of Choler walked to the wall each of them stood facing a separate pillar. Each pillar had a Choler facing it.

"Where are you?!" Escutcheon walked into the center of the room. "Come on I'm putting an end to this!"

"No, little colt this will never end. Clover's guards fell to me, they became my first agents. After tonight I expect the thestrals to be victorious, and they shall be my new Cholers."

"No, they won't!" Escutcheon looked around for the talisman or gem that was causing all of this. "The thestrals will never be your agents. This ends tonight."

"Many of them have already succumbed to my influence colt." The memory of his interrogation returned to him.

"Then I'm going to cut you off, I'll end your influence." He looked around the room. "Where are you?!"

"Where am I, I am where I should be insect." Escutcheon looked up, there above him twisting and coiling around the pillars was a giant red snake like dragon. It had no wings, but had four legs in one of it's front claws was held a ruby sphere that glowed a deep crimson, yet didn't seem to emit enough light to pierce the darkness. "Now colt I will break you." The dragon spewed fire down on the center of the great chamber, and Escutcheon.

PreviousChapters Next