• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,049 Views, 87 Comments

Quete - Comrade Bagel Muffin



A unicorn's quest to return home.

  • ...
4
 87
 1,049

PreviousChapters Next
Une Amie

Escutcheon headed further and further into the depths of the cave. He wasn't completely conscious of his movements. Only moving by muscle memory. The light that had surrounded him had faded to the point to where he could only see a third of a meter around him in every direction. His thought about the visions he had seen.

Gildan and Gilda, they were watching the storms fade, Griffa wasn't with them. was she at home crying that she had lost her mother, was she hurt in Tempest's attack on their home? "How many of these ponies had a home?" He descended the last flight of steps down to the bottom floor. There weren't any more skeletons down here. There was only the constant dripping of the stalactites, and darkness. The light from the sapphire was nearly gone.

He sat down in the darkness, trying to remember his home. He had seen it if ever so briefly in one of the visions. His room was the same as when he left it. He could hear Mother's friends trying to cheer her up. They must have been in her room just down the hall form him. "I'm sorry Mommy. I just want to go home." The last bit of light faded away letting him cry in the darkness.

"Hey who's there?" Escutcheon wiped his eyes. He had no idea how long he had been crying. "Come on I know somepony's there. It's okay I won't hurt you." He could hear flapping deeper in the cave. "Come on this cave is a maze I need you to say something please."

"I'm over here."

"Over where?" He could hear the flapping getting closer. "Oh there you are." The pegasus landed. She sounded to young to be with Rainbow Dash's group that she said was searching for him. "I didn't think that I'd see a unicorn down here."

"How can you see me? I can't even see my hoof in front of my face."

"Natural talent. I can't tell you how happy seeing you makes me feel. I've been down here alone for nearly a year and a half." He felt her put a hoof on his back. "What about you?"

"I'm lost." His voice betraying how broken he felt. "I've been lost for a month."

"Yeah the first month's the worst." She patted his back. "But now there's two of us so that's a plus." He smiled, and the faint blue light returned to lighting the cave. "Woah what is that?" The filly asked. She wasn't a pegasus, but was a thestral, with a night purple coat and dusk blue mane. Her eyes were yellow like every bat pony he had ever met before.

"It's a shard of the talisman that was maintaining Tempest Tossed." She looked at him like he was crazy. "The eternal storm that was around Storm Peak."

"Wait so you mean the storm's gone?"

"Yep I just cut it off a while ago." Her face lit up as she smiled from ear to ear.

"Come with me." She grabbed him and galloped down the halls of the cave. "My names Dusk Song. What's your's?"

"Escutcheon," he answered trying to keep pace with her.

PreviousChapters Next