• Published 15th Dec 2017
  • 3,438 Views, 142 Comments

Overlords and Friendship... - OblivionShadow



When his realm is brought to Equestria what's an Overlord to do? Look into conquering it of course!

  • ...
7
 142
 3,438

7: Attuning a Heart...

Gnarl held the Overlords head in his claws as his body fell, colliding heavily with the stone and metal of the Dark Tower. Azure's breathing was strained and he appeared to be having trouble pulling air into his body. Wrath and the other minions gathered around as Kelda jumped to land by his head as well. She reached out and held his head off the ground, allowing Gnarl to free his claws from the sweat-drenched red fur.

“Wrath. We must get the Master to the Tower Heart. We must find a way to attune his body to the Heart. Once that is complete, his body should begin to recover.” Gnarl rushed out, his voice ringing over the minions.

Wrath and the minions picked Azure's body up off the floor and began to walk to the stone platforms. Gnarl ran ahead and called upon two of the platforms to hold the body of the Overlord without trying to lay him on one and hope it made it to the correct spot. The minions laid him gently on the stone surface and ran for the minion gates to meet them there. Kelda jumped onto the platform and rode it with Gnarl. Keeping the platforms together to keep the Overlord stable. Gnarl watched as the Tower Heart chamber began to approach and prepared himself to command the minions.

“Gnarl.” Kelda finally breathed out the advisor's name. He looked to her as she breathed out a panicky breath before speaking further. “Will he be all right?”

Gnarl said nothing as he looked to the Overlord then to the Tower Heart. “I do not know, Mistress Kelda.”

The mare looked upset at the response but focused on the barely breathing stallion at her hooves. The minion waited for the platform to stop and they overran the stones as they picked up their Master. Kelda held his head on her back and was just as slow and careful when they set him down beside the Heart. Once he was set down on the stone Gnarl put a clawed hand on the Hearts surface and set the other over Azure's heart. The Overlord’s heart was slow but steady as he continued to struggle to pull in air. Gnarl shut his eyes and reached out to the Heart for a moment before removing his hand from its surface. He looked to the weapon on the Overlords' shoulder and pulled it from the scabbard. Sapphire blue flame whispered over the blade and the minion was still as he looked to the Overlord.

Kelda looked at him and nodded as she stayed still at the Dark Lords side. Gnarl slid the weapon across the Overlords fur then turned the weapon and began to slowly sink it into his chest, from the front. Azure didn’t move as the blade cut through him. Kelda closed her eyes and looked at his face as she held his head against her chest, shaking. Gnarl looked to the Heart and then reached down to the cut, which still had the weapon embedded in his flesh. Blood oozed from the wound and Gnarl watched as it gathered on the ground and he placed his hand in the small puddle. With that done, he slid it slowly over the Hearts smooth surface. Gnarl whispered to the Tower Heart, begging it to reach out to the Overlord and join its power with his life force. Kelda sobbed silently against the Overlords' neck as she held him.


Azure groaned and looked up. A bright blue sky stretched out above him. He titled his head as he tried to recall how he got outside. The last thing he recalled was being in the Netherworld. He rolled to his belly and slowly got to his hooves. He shook himself and looked over his body. Every hair of his red coat was in place until he realized he had none of his armor. He whinnied at the realization that he was exposed. His eyes scanned for any threat, only to find none. He looked behind him and startled. A tear that stretched the length of the horizon loomed behind him. He spun and faced the strange sight. He looked away and then back to find the horizon had gotten closer to him. He focused on it and, against his own advice, slowly began to walk in the direction of the tear. He kept his eyes on the horizon, refusing to let it decide how close it was going to get to him. He stopped after several minutes and breathed for a moment as he then began walking once more, a sigh pulling from him.

“Well, this is new. If this is a new trick by that impudent creature Discord I will flay him living.” He vowed as he walked forward, his hooves thudding dully against the grass.

He finally reached the end of the road that he could walk, finding a steep seemingly endless fall off a very high cliff. He snorted in annoyance as he finally looked away from the horizon. He looked to it once more to find that it had not moved. He was curious about it but chose to ignore it and start to look for answers. He looked back over his shoulder and finally noticed something that was different about him from the ponies he had met. He did not have a marking on his rump like the other ponies he had met. While he cared very little about it he knew that it seemed to be something that was important or at least commonplace. He shook his head and looked away from his flanks to refocus his energy.

“All right. This was a huge waste of my time.” He growled under his breath.

“Is it?”

A voice called out from behind him. The red stallion startled and spun around to face the direction it had come from. A pony in full armor stood several feet behind him. The helm sat easily on the ponies head, its solid steel sitting in place. The horns that rose from the helm stood taller than the pony’s ears and horn. The chest pieces were smooth and one solid piece that then slid over the others shoulder and toward his flanks. The armor shone in the light of the sun. Azure was about to speak when he saw something familiar on the ponies left foreleg.

“Is that…?” Azure's voice lifted slowly over a gentle breeze that gently moved his forelock.

The other said nothing as the red stared. It was Gauntlet. It was different than the one Azure himself wore, but the basic design was similar to how it had looked before his armor had warped into its newer design. Azure's horn lit for a moment before a stab of pain brought him to his knees. He gasped as it faded and he quickly got to his hooves.

The stallion chuckled, his eyes shone out of his helm. “You shouldn’t try to use your magic.” He advised.

Azure began to open his mouth as the eyes of the other opened, revealing glowing gold orbs. The red stallion paused and closed his jaws. “Who are you? And who do you think you are to command me?”

The other shook his head and looked away from the red pony. “I know you as well as I know myself.”

Azure gave an annoyed snort. “Yeah. That’s not cryptic at all.” Sarcasm dripping from his voice.

The other gave a loud laugh and nodded. “I suppose it was a bit cryptic. So I have a question for you.”

Azure thought about being a smart-ass for a moment but decided that a bit of tact would go a long way. “Go ahead.”

“How is Gnarl these days?”

Azure started and looked at the other pony. “What?”

“Gnarl. Is he still at the side of the Overlord?”

Azure was silent. His mind slammed into place as the reply caught up to his stunned thoughts. “How do you know about him?”

“I know him well. He stood at my side once. Now, he guides you.”

Azure backed up a step as the other pony spoke and then went silent. “Who are you?” Azure's voice crept from him, tentative, almost worried about the answer.

The other pony was quiet for a moment as he finally spoke. “I think you know who I am.”

Azure was quiet. “That’s not possible. Gnarl said you were lost in an Infernal Abyss… How are you here?”

“I am lost. My body was lost to the Abyss a long time ago before you were born anyway.” He replied. “I exist in the Tower Heart, in a way. My power was held in the Heart which you now possess. Well done using it to attack the Empire. That was a genius.”

Azure nodded as he realized that he was muzzle to muzzle with a father that he had never met, but was now speaking with. “The Tower Heart was shattered when I found it. How are you here?”

“As I said my power was held within it and allowed it to grow and change as I grew in strength and power. You are of my blood, so you are able to use the Tower Heart, to an extent. By using the power from it you have caused a great amount of damage to your own mind and body. Right now Gnarl is trying to connect your life to the Tower Heart.”

“What will that do?”

“It will allow you to easily access the power of the Tower Heart and not face the backlash that has crippled you.”

“So by using it the last few times I have killed myself?”

“Not exactly.” The other spoke up and began to walk away from him.

Azure broke into a trot and drew up a few feet to his side, close enough to hear, but not close enough to be attacked. “So explain.”

“You used a power that is not fully your own. You have been filling it with your magic, but it is still not yours. I am still connected to it since as far as it is concerned I did not truly die in the sense of the word. You must end me here to take control of the Tower Heart and save your own life. Gnarl has opened the Gate, you have to walk through it.”

“Wait. So I have to kill you here to save myself?”

“Yes.” He replied.

Azure stopped as he closed his eyes and shook his head. “How do I kill something with nobody?”

“Easily. You reach out to the power you have within you, not using your horn and use it to end me here. I am a spirit here, nothing more. By using your own spirit you can fight me.”

Azure was quiet as he looked to the ground. As much as he knew the former Lord was right, he was hesitant. He had been abandoned by his mother in Nordberg, but his father had never gotten the chance to know him. Even though he was the Overlord, the Lord of the Dark Tower, Master of the Netherworld he was still young enough to realize that he had a chance to know someone that had been gone before he had the chance to know anything. He looked up as the other pony waited.

“I never knew you,” Azure whispered to himself, not expecting to be heard.

“I know.”

He startled and cursed under his breath. For the first time in his life, he felt something like longing rearing up slowly within him.

“I have watched as you used the Tower Heart in the Sanctuary, used it against the Empires shield then reclaimed it after the battle. I watched the battle from within the Heart. You are the second of our line. I was the first and you followed in my steps. Your strength is a credit to you and shows the spirit that beats inside your heart. Keep walking forward. Do not look back and never regret the actions you take. You are the Master of the Dark Tower and its one true ruler.” The former said to him.

Azure looked up and realized that he had more to accomplish. While a part of him wanted nothing more to curl into a ball and call out for the family he never had, he quashed the feeling and stepped up to the father that now stood before him. He reached into himself instead of channeling his horn and found the strength within him, waiting to be called upon. He brought it to bear and he roared as he lunged forward, his curved horn tearing into the chest of his father. No blood splattered the ground, a chuckle sounded as he stayed in place.

“Well done.”

The spirit vanished and Azure stumbled forward. The presence was gone and Azure gasped and clenched his eyes shut. His head went back as he screamed. His emotions were raw in his chest as he screamed out his pain and let it wash over him. The Overlord went quiet as he sunk to the ground and covered his face with his hooves. He gasped out as he allowed himself to crumble for a few moments before lunging to his hooves to analyze his surroundings once more. As he looked to the horizon over his shoulder he watched as the scene began to darken around him. The red stallion watched as it neared him, his horn alight with his red aura. A weight on his shoulder stopped him.

“Go home.” A voice whispers in his ear and he felt a strong push. He yelped and closed his eyes as the abyss greeted him.

Azure moaned and opened his eyes. Pain pulsed over him as he gasped and struggled under the weight on his body.

“No, love! Hold still.”

Kelda’s voice reached him and he stilled. His nose caught her scent and he went still, his head on her forelegs, held against her fur. She gasped and pulled back from him, slowly. He stayed still as the pain in his chest grew and he gasped against it.

“Stay still Master,” Gnarl spoke out as he slowly began to pull the blade out of the deep wound.

“Gods Gnarl!” Azure yelled as the blade slid out him and was dropped to the ground.

Azure looked up as several blue minions crawled over him, their hands gripped his fur and pulled the broken flesh together, their magic crawled over the gash, slowly healing it. Once they finished he slowly sat up and looked around him. Kelda’s face was tear stained as she hiccuped at him. He looked from her to Gnarl, who was covered in a fair amount of Azure's own blood. The Overlord looked to the Tower Heart and found a long curve of his blood marring the smooth surface.

“Gnarl.”

“Master, please forgive me for harming you.” The Minion began.

“It’s fine.” Azure silenced him as he stared at the heart. “I know why you did it.”

Gnarl went silent and watched the Overlord. Azure rolled more to his belly and stilled for a moment as he looked away from the Heart and to the Gauntlet on his foreleg. “Gnarl?”

“Master?”

“The last Gauntlet was with my father. So how is this one mine?”

Gnarl appeared startled as the Overlord spoke. “The Gauntlet you bear is your own.”

“I know that. How it is made?”

“I am unsure of the exact crafting, my Lord. Giblet crafted it when you were brought to the Netherworld. He was given a cloth that held your blood on it and your blood aided him in crafting the Gauntlet.”

Azure nodded and slowly got to his hooves. He groaned as his vision spun and he staggered. Kelda went to his side and he leaned heavily against her. She held his weight as he got his bearings and finally was able to stand unaided. He finally raised his head up and looked to the group with him. His magic picked up his blade. He looked at the surface, covered in it's master's blood. He flicked the blade and the blood flow from the surface and splashed the ground. Wrath stayed at his hooves, ready for any orders, the others remained close, but not crowding him. Azure was still silent as he walked slowly to the stone platform, summoning a floating stone. Kelda, Wrath, and Gnarl walked onto it with him and waited as he sent it back to the throne room. When he returned to the throne room he glanced to the stone throne at the end of the path. Beside him, Kelda nudged his shoulder. He walked up to the throne, his eyes running over the surface as he regarded it.

The unicorn’s horn lit and his red aura covered the throne, his magic beginning to warp and change the throne. ‘All of this is mine. I will make it mine.’ He thought to himself as he began to pull magic from the Tower Heart as well as use his own. The throne warped in on its self and then expanded to form the throne in the image he wished of it. The throne warped upward, its spires reaching into the cathedral ceiling of the Netherworld. Once the height was as he wished it to be he released his magic from that portion and focused on the area around the throne. Great black dragon wings pulled from the stone and metal, they spread wide along the sides of the structure, hiding the stairs behind the wings. Lava moved through the throne and spilled over the armrests into the base of the throne. Above it, the metal warped further and shifted under the strain of the magic surrounding it. The Netherworld groaned under him as he brought the magic to bear against the structure. When he finished his magic pulled back and he panted as he looked at the structure. He walked up to it and spun to sit in the newly remade throne.

“Now all that is here is mine alone.” He said aloud.

Gnarl walked up to stand at his usual place and waited for further instructions from the Overlord. Azure was silent as he let his mind travel over the things he had been told and seen in his time as the Overlord.

“Gnarl.”

“Master.”

“The Tower Heart will need to be replenished. Is it possible to have it begin slowly siphoning from the world above us?”

Gnarl blinked, then a vicious grin crossed his face as he regarded the now scheming Overlord. “It can be done if you will it to do so, my Lord.” He informed their Master. “The Tower Heart normally holds the magic that you create within yourself and holds it for you to use later. But since your magic is different from your Lord Father before you, then I think it would be possible to give it the task you request.”

Azure smiled and leaned heavily into the furs covering the seat of the throne. “Good. Now to decide where to have it leech from.” His mind traveled to the map in the Princesses castle. The magic from it brought up a map that could be used as more than a flat map. “Giblet.” He whispered. “I need Giblet, I have a task for him.”

“At your command, Master.” Gnarl nodded to him as he bowed low to the red stallion. He glanced to one of the guard minions who nodded and took off at a hard run.

Azure was quiet as he waited for the forge master. What he wanted would be no easy task. The Overlord got to his hooves and walked to the right of the throne. His horn lit once more as he summoned the Netherworld to bend to his command. The thick stone pulled up from the floor and molded into a table that bore a strong resemblance to the one from Twilight's castle. When he finished he backed up and sagged for a moment before composing himself once more.

“Love?” Kelda came up to him and stood at his side, her expression filled with concern.

“I’m all right.” He looked over his shoulder to Gnarl once more.

“Gnarl. Send a note to the Princess. I would like a copy of her map. A paper copy is adequate. I need the full map of Equestria and outlying territories. Wrath, you will deliver the request and return with the requested information.”

Gnarl scratched out the request as the Overlord spoke. He gave it to Wrath who ran for the minion gates to deliver the letter. Azure lapsed into silence as he waited for his commands to be fulfilled.

“Master.” Giblet trotted up to him and bowed low.

“Giblet. On this table, I need a map created. With this, I can figure out our strategy of attack. The map this is based on has the ability to create a full-scale image above the table’s image. I need it to have that ability as well. Or create a map that is to scale so that I can see what is around us.” Azure explained as the minion listened intently as he spoke. The forge master began crawling over the wide surface examining it as he muttered incoherently to himself. Azure heard a loud yelp several minutes later as Wrath ran up to him, holding out a thick scroll. He unfurled it within his magic and saw a note clipped to it.

Azure:

I hope this is what you were asking for. Sorry about it taking me some time to find a well-detailed map for you. This is a copy of one I have so feel free to keep it. I have also located another Gate. When you are able to let me know and I will accompany you to its location. I hope everything went well with the rebellion. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you and if you need anything.


Take care,

Twilight Sparkle

Azure was silent as he gave the note to Gnarl to hold onto. He gave the map to Giblet who scanned the map intently. He looked up as Azure nickered at him and nodded.

“New map table for Master.” Giblet yelped to him and with a flick of his hands, he began to shape the table under him.

Azure backed up as dust and magic began to flow around the table. He sneezed as it surrounded them. The Overlord was about to complain when he heard the scratching of feet behind him and a glance over his shoulder had him jumping out of the way of six helpers that ran into the cloud of magically charged dust and joined Giblet in his crafting. The Overlord sighed and went back to his throne.

His mind wandered as he thought over the retaking of Everlight. It had fallen much in the way he had thought it would, but at the same time, things had been different. Before he had subdued the Governess with his magic and left her slovenly obedient. That magic seemed to have stopped when they were transported. He had subdued Borius in Nordberg, but he had still been subdued when they found him. He could only imagine that the Governess had a little bit stronger will then that fat slug. Though he was on the fence about the accuracy of it.

“Lord,” Gnarl spoke up, bringing him out of his thoughts.

“Yes?”

“The Princess mentioned a new Gate. Will you be going to it?”

“In time, yes.”

Azure fell silent as he watched Giblet and the others pause working as the Forge minion looked from the table to the map he had been given. The cloud of dust resumed and he looked away, his eyes closing as he reached out to the Tower Heart. He felt it add to his magic and the strength behind it. He gave a low sigh and leaned his head back against the throne. After several minutes he opened his eyes as Kelda leaned against the armrest on his left and nuzzled him, gently.

“Are you sure you’re all right, love?” She asked him, her voice quiet.

He looked back to her and gave a silent nod. She nuzzled him again and he returned the affection. “I’ll be fine. Was a bit of a shock, that’s all.”

She nodded and went to her usual place on the stairs. Giblet jumped out of the magic dust and bowed to the Overlord before pointing to the table. A look of pleasure on the minions face. Azure stood up and walked over to it as the dust finally cleared completely. Azure felt a smile tug at one side of his muzzle as he regarded the map. It appeared almost identical to the one in Twilight's castle. The main difference was this one did not change and would not turn into a normal table. He looked over the options and finally settled on a few outlying territories to begin siphoning power into the Heart.

His horn lit with his red aura and he felt the Tower Heart responding as he willed his command to it and the Heart responded with action. Azure was silent as he pulled his magic back to him and allowed the Heart to continue to slowly siphon power from the places he had chosen. He knew the spots had names, but he didn’t really care enough to check. The Heart continued with its actions and would continue until the area had been fully drained or Azure stopped it.

“All right, now to find this new Gate.” He said aloud and walked for the depression in the floor of the throne room. Wrath leaped to his back and held onto his Master's armor. Azure looked up to the Gate and closed his eyes as it flared and he felt it pulling him to the location he commanded.

His eyes opened as the sensation of movement ended and he found himself in Ponyville once more. The minions that were normally with him leaped from the small minion gates at the call from the Gauntlet. Azure walked deliberately down the stairs and onto the dirt roads of the town. Around him, ponies had stopped and been staring at the armored stallion. He said nothing as he began to move down the street toward the crystal castle. The minions were quiet and stayed around him as he walked. His stride was slow, but his hoof steps were deliberate as he moved. His eyes cast from one side to the next as he walked. He had not truly looked through the town the last few times he had been there. The buildings appeared solid and of strong craftsmanship. Whether they would be able to hold up to an attack from his army had yet to be seen.

“Overlord!” A voice shrilled out just to his left and he paused at the call. He saw a door that was open and had a bright pink pony leaning out of it and yelling at him while waving a hoof to him.

His mind went over the ponies he knew and recalled she was named Pinkie Pie. He gave a polite nod to her and started to move away only for her to trot over to him and stop him from moving ahead. “Yes?”

“It’s been a couple of days since you were here. Did you get everything fixed up?” She asked.

“Yes. All is back as it should be.” He replied to her, his voice quiet, but strong.

“That’s wonderful. We can have a party to celebrate it.” She shrilled and walked back to the building she had come from.

Azure shrugged, not fully knowing what she was speaking of and kept walking. His eyes landed on the castle and he used his magic to push open the front door. Normally he knew that when someone wanted into a building they had to knock or ask permission. He was not about to stand outside like a fool and wait to be given permission. He did not need permission as far as he was concerned. He walked inside and then pushed open the next set of doors, opening into the room with the map table. He paused as Discord turned to him.

“Well, who do we have here?” The creature slid off the table and walked over to him.

“I see you are welcome here as well?” Azure replied to him.

“Why of course.”

“And where is the Princess?”

“I think she is in the library. I can take you to her.” He said as he walked the rest of the distance and laid his arm over the red ponies shoulder, pulling him close.

Wrath growled and began to swipe his claws at his arm. A quiet snap of fingers went through the air and Wrath yelped as fluffy green mitts appeared on his hands, hiding his claws. The minion continued to yelp in alarm and began to wave his arms, trying to remove the item.

“That will not…” Azure began to speak as a loud snap went through the air.

Azure coughed and shook his head as a feeling of vertigo went over him and he scowled at the creature who was still holding onto him. Discord smiled widely at him and finally released him.

“You’re not still angry about the mistake before, are you?”

Azure said nothing and continued to scowl at him. His tail flicked and he pulled away from under Discords arm. On his back Wrath snarled and swiped his claws at the creature, the mitts having been finally removed. Discord pulled back at the angry minion's repeated swipes.

“Last time we had the misfortune of meeting you placed me in a cage.” Azure pointed out.

Discord rubbed the back of his head with one hand and smiled. “Yeah, I did. Well, you know how things are. Overlords are not something a pony meets all the time. Though I should have asked about it since the little critters you have just call you that. So I did apologize.”

“Perhaps, but I would appreciate it if you refrained from trying to handle me unless I approve the idea.” Azure's voice held no room for more arguing as he regarded the creature.

“Well, where is the fun in that?”

“I am not here to have fun. I have a purpose and nothing will get in the way of that.” Azure assured him as he began to walk away from him.

“You’re not planning on harming these very nice ponies are you?” Discord asked, for once his voice sounded serious.

“Why would I do that?” Azure asked him as he paused and looked over his shoulder. “My kingdom is here and I have enough to occupy my time than look at these little ponies.”

“Good to hear.” Discord replied and a wide smile stretched his features. “Since I really like things the way they are so it’s good to hear that you won’t be harming them.”

‘Not yet.’ Azure thought to himself and gave a slight nod to the strange animal and walked away from him, deeper into the room. Discord vanished in a puff of smoke and Azure moved through the room toward the back. As he neared the back he could hear talking coming from a room to the left of him. His hooves fell quietly on the floor and he looked into the room. Inside Twilight was moving books and others were being thrown around her. He waited till she paused and walked into the room. He gave a bark of alarm as a book struck him in the shoulder. Twilight paused and looked slowly over her shoulder. She whinnied in alarm at the sight of the unimpressed stallion in the door.

“Oh. Azure! I am so sorry.” She trotted over to him and removed the books from around his hooves, clearing a path for him to move.

He sighed and shook his head in reply. “Is there a reason for you striking me with a book?”

“Oh no, it was an accident. I am looking for a specific book and I was moving the others around me with my magic while I was searching and I wasn’t looking behind me and then I ended up hitting you with one of them. I am so sorry.” She said to him, her tone hurried as she tried to explain.

Azure had to fight not to roll his eyes at the mares blunder, but held it back and nodded to her. “Very well. Thank you for the map that you sent. It is already proving useful.”

Twilight appeared visibly relieved at the stallion’s change of subject. “I’m glad. I wasn’t sure if you wanted just the region around here or everything. So I sent everything and figured that if you only needed part of it then you could change it if you needed to.”

“It was what I needed, thank you.” He waited as she gave a pleased nod. “You mentioned that another Gate has been located?”

“Yes. It’s just inside of Cloudsdale. I was kind of surprised they didn’t notice it sooner, but apparently, it’s inside of a really old stadium that hardly any pony ever goes inside of.” She explained to him and began to lead him out of the library. “Cloudsdale is pretty high up and one needs to be a Pegasus pony or an Alicorn to walk on clouds. I know a spell that I can use so that you and the minions don’t have to worry about falling through the clouds.”

Azure paused for a moment as he listened to her. “So it is in the sky?”

“Yes. Don’t worry it's okay for us to get there. We can use the gate and then I can explain it further. I did inform them that they needed to stay away from it and leave it alone till you got to it.” She explained further. “So it’s been left alone thankfully and nopony has gone near it.”

“That’s fortunate.” He replied. While he admitted no one handling the Gate was good it just meant that he didn’t have to put any foolish ponies in their place as he had done before.

Twilight led him out of the castle and down the main street, toward the Ponyville Gate. They walked in silence but paused when Pinkie Pie jumped to block the path.

“You said you don’t like chocolate before right?” She asked him as she leaned into his space.

He reached up and used a hoof to push her back from him. Twilight stepped in and smiled at her friend. “Pinkie, what is going on?”

“He got that rebellion taken care of so we need to celebrate.” She replied.

“Pinkie. I don’t think he likes parties.” Twilight replied to the exuberant mare.

“Well, I figured when he got used to everypony then he would be okay with me throwing a party for him.” She began to explain.

Azure stuffed a hoof in her flapping mouth and sighed. “No.” He said to her, removed his hoof and walked away from them.

Twilight trotted to catch up him and gave a sheepish look to him. “She’s pretty determined.”

“She can be as determined as she wishes that does not change that I will not be a part of something unless I wish to be.”

Twilight nodded to him and looked back. She shrugged to her friend and shook her head. He could hear a loud groaning sound from behind them and he rolled his eyes. They reached the Gate and Azure walked up to the blue lightning, standing inside of it as he waited for the Alicorn mare.

“Okay just hold still for a second and I’ll cast the spell for you.” She said to him as her horn lit with her magenta aura.

“And this spell will allow me to walk on clouds?” His voice held disbelief as she nodded an continued to gather magic into her horn.

Azure was ready to defend if anything went wrong with her spell. He felt her magic cover his body and the minions around him. He watched her as she smiled and released the spell. A tingle went over his skin and he shook himself to rid himself of the feeling.

“There. Now everything will be fine.” She chirped happily as she jumped to join him on the Gate.

Azure nodded and put a hoof on her shoulder as he commanded the Gates magic to reach the newly discovered Gate. His eyes landed in a dimly lit room and he slowly walked down the stairs and into the dark room. Twilight followed behind him and smiled as he paused at the end of the stairs. He paused before stepping onto the clouds and glanced over to her and waited as she walked ahead of him.

“I’m an Alicorn so that spell won’t work on me any longer, but I’ll make sure you and the minions are safe and watch over you if anything happens, but I’m certain that you’ll be okay though.” She informed him, with a smile on her muzzle.

‘I fall through this, and I will attack that town of hers first.’ He vowed to himself as he placed a hoof tentatively on the white cloud. He felt it give slightly but appeared solid under his hoof. He leaned more of his weight forward and brought his other fore hoof down on the surface as well. When he did not fall through it Twilight reached out and grabbed his right foreleg, pulling him onto the cloud. He yelped at the sudden pull and found all four hooves on the cloud. Twilight giggled at the look on his face, which was nothing short of a shock. He straightened and commanded the minions to his side. They jumped from the stairs to his armor and appeared more concerned that he had been about the sudden possible drop. Azure growled and shook them off him as they yelped and fell to the fluffy surface. When they all stood and found themselves to not be falling to their deaths the group cheered and danced around him for a moment as they reveled in the feeling under their feet. Azure gave a short whistle and they fell into a pace around him.

“See? No problem.” Twilight said to him and began to lead him out of the building.

“So what is this place?” He asked her as he drew up next to her.

“It’s a sports stadium. Well, it was. It’s not used anymore since a bigger one was built a few years ago. So they cordoned off this one and closed it down.”

“So is it similar to an Arena?”

“Kind of. Not like the one that you were since in though. This one is for friendly competition.”

“I see,” Azure replied and began to look at the dilapidated structure. It appeared sound and showed no sign of collapse, but he was still wary of the building.

“Okay, this way.” Twilight trotted ahead and led him to a door and opened it for him.

He walked through it and growled at the sudden brightness. He scrunched his eyes closed and put a hoof over his eyes. “By the Dark.” He cursed.

He opened his eyes slowly and found himself standing in the shade. He lowered his hoof and found Twilight had reared up and was using a wing to shield his face from the light. He looked to her as she smiled and a quiet giggle escaped her.

“Sorry. I forgot that you’re usually not in the sun very often.” She said as she waited for him to adjust.

“Thank you for that.” He admitted and finally his eyes adjusted to the light and he raised his head up to his normal height and waited as she began to lead him forward once more. The roads were all of the same clouds and he was surprised at the buildings all structures that he could see were made of the same cloud formations. Azure looked around him as ponies stopped and stared at the group.

Twilight laughed as ponies hurried out of the way and stayed on the sidewalks. “It might take a minute for everypony to realize that you’re not scary.” She informed him.

‘Not at this moment.’ He admitted to himself and gave her a nod that he had heard her. “So where are we going, exactly?”

“Oh, well I figured that having you meet the mayor of Cloudsdale might be advantageous to keep ponies away from the Gate. Are you going to have guards placed by it like the others?”

“It would be difficult considering that they cannot fly. Unless you can cast that spell over every minion in my army.”

Twilight cringed. “Not all of them. So you’ll make it safe enough and then leave it unattended?”

“I’m working on that part. Might have to command them to never step off the stairs. Might use the red minions who can use fire to drive them off. Station two browns and two reds as back up.”

Twilight looked nervous for a moment before replying. “Are you sure that you need to have it guarded like that?”

“Unless you think they will leave it alone without argument or curiosity.”

Twilight groaned and nodded to him. “Fair point.”

He nodded and waited as she walked with him. “Or is there a way for you to enchant an item that they can hold, or use their armor for such a purpose?”

Twilight appeared to be pondering his words as they kept walking. “I can look into that idea. I haven’t done anything like that personally. But it is worth looking into.”

Azure nodded and stayed with her as they walked. Pegasus hovered both in the air above them and others were on the ground as they stared at the Princess and the red stallion. The living lava in his armor flowed easily along the joints in the armor and seemed to be drawing a fair amount of attention on its own. Though the pony wearing it was garnering the most attention. The minions moved around him, guarding him against any perceived threat. Twilight guided him through the streets and up the cloud stairs to a large building that he assumed was like a town hall. The double doors opened as her magic covered them and a cream colored Pegasus mare beckoned them inside.

“Welcome to city hall, Princess Twilight. And your attendant is?”

Azure's eyes widened momentarily and he looked to the mare. Twilight put a wing in front of his face, surprising him into backing up a step.

“This is Overlord Azure Flame. The owner of the structure we spoke of earlier.” She quickly explained, trying to shield the mare from the outraged glare of the stallion.

“Oh.” The mare shrunk back at the outraged look coming from the tall stallion as he looked around the outstretched wing. “My apologies, sir. I am Sharp Point. Please follow me.” She said and quickly began to lead them down the hall.

Azure memorized her features and the scroll marking on her flank for later. He allowed the outrage to flow off him and regained his expression of superiority. They walked down the hall, hooves landing dully on the floor under them. He looked at it and found it to be a wooden floor. ‘Why can’t everything have a normal floor?’ He thought to himself as they moved. Another set of doors was pushed open and the mare led them inside. At the back of the room was a wide desk with a pony bent over a document seated at it. Azure waited as the mare beckoned for them to wait as she went to the pony at the desk. The stallion raised his head, eyes landing on Twilight and Azure at the entrance. He smiled and beckoned them inside. They reached the desk and paused a few feet in front of it.

“Princess Twilight! What a delight to see you today.” He gushed to the Alicorn, who smiled kindly in response. His eyes landed on the stallion with her and he paused.

“Mayor, this is Overlord Azure Flame. He is the owner of the structure that you contacted me about.” Twilight quickly explained.

Azure said nothing as he looked over the thin pony at the desk. His coat was a light red, almost pink, his mane was a beige in color. The pony said nothing for a moment as he seemed to process the title and reason that they were there, to begin with.

“Of course. Thank you for coming, Mr. Overlord.” The pony stumbled over the title and then tried to hide his blundering under a smile.

Azure fought back a bored sigh. “Thank you for the greeting.” He replied and waited for the pony to speak further.

Twilight hid a smile behind a hoof as the mayor looked a bit uncertain and seemed to stumble even more at the reds reply. “So I brought him here to explain what the structure is and what will be done with it.”

“Oh, you’ll be removing it?” He began. “That’s wonderful. We have had a bear of a time trying to keep it secret.”

“It will not be moved,” Azure spoke, his voice commanded instant silence.

Twilight paused at his flat tone as the pony stumbled to a halt in his speech. “What?”

Azure sighed in annoyance as he spoke slowly for the pony. “It. Will. Not. Be. Moved.”

Twilight snorted a laugh at his deliberately slow tone. The mayor was quiet as he stared at the pony. His eyes went to the side and he looked at a paper he had with him, his hoof fell on it and he pulled on it till it was in front of him.

“But I was told it belonged to you.” He began.

Azure shook his head and put up a hoof, commanding silence. “It is mine. Because it is nowhere that is where it will remain. The magic within it is not to be trifled with. While it could be moved it could possibly do a great deal of damage to the surrounding area.” Which was an utter lie and Azure knew it, but they did not. He continued as the pony looked shocked at him. “The Gate was once in a different location but was moved here recently. Due to that, it has…” he searched for the word.

Twilight thought for a moment. “Settled?”

“Yes. Precisely, it has settled here which means the magic has bonded to the area and is stable in its current location.” He finished with an appreciative nod to Twilight.

The mayor was quiet and then blinked rapidly before settling back in his chair. “All right. But keeping ponies away from the…”

“Gate.” Azure supplied.

“Yes. The Gate. Most ponies will wish to see the structure and while we can ask them to stay away from it…”

“The security of the gate is my concern.” Azure cut off the pony’s rambling, boredom beginning to gnaw at him. “The Gate will be guarded by four of my guards. They will stay on the stairs of the Gate and any who get to close are doing so at their own risk.”

Twilight was quiet for a moment before she spoke up as well. “He has stationed guards at the other gates that have been discovered as well. They will drive off those who attempt to get to close. The Gate also has its own defenses. A pony in Ponyville fouled with it and was thrown away from it after receiving a bad burn from the lightning within the Gate.” She supplied further facts for the mayor to digest.

Azure was silent as he gave a single nod to confirm what she had said. The mayor looked to her then back to Azure as he was thinking over the information. “So it is dangerous?”

“In a way, yes,” Azure replied. “It is a structure that is made and designed for my use. It is not meant to be used by any other besides myself. The Princess has been able to come with me to the locations of the Gates due to her being at my side when I travel through the Gate.” Twilight nodded in confirmation of what he was saying.

“So it needs to be guarded at all times?” The mayor spoke up.

“Yes. Due to the magic that flows through it. My minions are not a threat to it and it will not activate to their presence. They can go through it at times and are able to use the magic within it. I will also look into placing the minion gates close by. That way they can run a message to me if needed.”

“Messages?”

“Yes. Should something happen with the Gate I would expect to be notified. Though if a pony is a fool enough to try to get past the minions and attempt to mess with the Gate that is not an issue that needs to be brought to my attention. Unless an attack is made on the Gate.” The Overlord explained.

“But if it hurts somepony?” The mayor spoke to him, interrupting the red stallion.

“That is not my concern. I will place protection on the Gate itself. But should they get past them and against all warnings try to use or foul the Gate then it will react as will the Guards that are stationed.” Azure let the interruption go for the moment. But if it happened again he would act to put the pony in his place.

“Just let me know and I will discuss it with him if needed,” Twilight spoke up, trying to comfort the now shaken pony.

“But if your Gate hurts a pony then it becomes a question of its safety.” The mayor began.

Azure gave a low sigh. “Once more. If they get past the guards and have been foolish enough to break the perimeter of the gate than they are at fault. I accept no responsibility for their stupidity. I am not their parent nor am I their foal sitter.” He used a word he had heard before to illustrate his point. “Should you wish to argue about who is at fault then you are welcome to try. But I will tell you now that their idiocy is not my fault.”

Twilight hid a giggle and looked at the mayor. “Once more just send me a report of what happens and if needed I will contact him.” She explained once more.

“But in all seriousness, the blame…”

“Enough,” Azure spoke above the pony. His tone commanding silence and attention. “You appear to be struggling with the concept of this conversation. This is the last I will speak of it or I will assume that you are incapable of understanding and find somepony who is capable. The ponies who try to attack the Gate will be dealt with by the guards. Should they get past them, then the gate will attack them in their stead. The stupidity of said ponies is not my problem. The presence of four armed and armored guards should be enough to dissuade them. If not, then that is not my problem.” Azure said to him, making it clear that he was done discussing the subject.

The mayor’s mouth hung open and then opened and closed, much like a fish out of water. He nodded suddenly and appeared to finally have understood the concepts put before him. Azure waited as Twilight looked between them. She shook her head slightly before smiling to the mayor.

“I will look over any reports and they will be passed to him if needed. Though, I do not anticipate any issues.” Twilight informed him with a pleasant smile.

“Of course, Princess.” He said aloud. “And Mr. Overlord, I hope you can make the Gate inactive to protect…”

Azure laughed aloud, interrupting the pony. “By the Dark, no. It will remain active at all times. I will not disable or render it ineffective. I’m not even sure I can and even if it were possible I would not. Kindly understand that the Gate will remain as is. It will not be moving, nor will it be rendered inactive. There is not a snowballs chance in the Netherworld of that happening. So I advise you to put that idea out of your mind now.” Azure said to him. A laugh brimmed in his voice and he was able to hold it back.

Twilight hid a smile and watched as the mayor stared wide-eyed at the armored Overlord. “I think we have made everything clear and hopefully nothing will happen so long as the proper protocol is done and ponies are well warned of the Gates magic.” She said to the still gaping mayor, who managed to nod.

Azure gave a single nod and whirled on his right heel and headed for the door to leave. He heard Twilight’s hooves thudding on the floor as she caught up with him. They left the building to find a group of ponies outside at the bottom of the stairs. Azure rolled his eyes and walked down the stairs. The group parted to let him through and he strode past them, his stride not faltering.

“That went well,” Twilight said to him.

“Ha!” The laugh he had been holding finally broke from him as he heard her. “That is the one they chose to lead them? By the Dark, that was a poor choice.” He chuckled as they walked.

Twilight giggled. “Well to be fair, dealing with you can be a bit taxing.” She admitted to him with a chuckle of her own.

“Perhaps. But how hard is it to understand what another is saying? By all that is Unholy, I was beginning to think he would need me to write it down in very small words.”

Twilight laughed and shook her head. “That’s so mean.” She giggled.

“Do I care? No.” He replied.

She chuckled and stayed at his side. As they neared it he could see ponies being pushed back by several Pegasus in golden armor. He recognized them as the guards in the palace in Canterlot. “Looks like Celestia sent help.”

“I sent her a letter earlier letting her know about the Gate. I asked about having guards stationed at the entrance of the stadium to keep ponies away from it. I wasn’t sure any would be sent.” She admitted to him.

“That reminds me. Why does your castle appear to have no security?” He asked her. He had noticed it before but had only thought of the question now.

“Oh. I’ve never felt it was needed. Ponyville is very peaceful, so I have never thought of it.” She replied to him.

“I see.”

They neared the guards who nodded to the Alicorn and parted to let them in. Azure looked back as the ponies pushed against them saying they had a right to see what was being hidden. The guards disagreed and reminded them to step back. Azure listened and a smile crossed his muzzle.

“Is there a back entrance to this place?”

“I have no idea. Why?”

“Because we are not alone.” He replied, his smile still on his muzzle.

“Oh no,” Twilight commented, annoyance in her tone.

Sure enough, they entered into the dome and several ponies were tampering with the Gate. Azure watched as the lightning began to brighten and he sighed at the stupidity.

“Get away from it!” Twilight yelled at them.

The group looked back and saw her and the Overlord. Azure laughed and shook his head. “That’s going to hurt.” He laughed at them as the Gate flared. The lightning struck out at the offending ponies sending all four of them through the air, screaming. They hit the ground and slid over the clouds, coming to rest a few feet from the stallion an Alicorn.

Twilight cringed and trotted to them. Azure groaned and shook his head as he walked up to them as well. He paused as he heard the minions cackling with laughter around him. On his back, Wrath was holding onto his armor and mane as he cackled. A chuckle escaped the Dark Lord as he came to stand next to one of the ponies.

“We did warn you,” Azure said to the twitching pony. His coat was burned with large patches missing. The burns had instantly cauterized preventing any bleeding.

Twilight looked to him. “I thought it was only a sunburn?”

“If I have had time to alter the defenses yes. I wished to speak with the leader of this city first. Due to its secluded location, I believed it would not be tampered with.” Azure explained. His voice held the laughter in it as he looked from her to the ailing Pegasi.

She cringed and trotted back to the guards in the front. “Be right back.” She hollered over her shoulder to him.

He watched her leave and looked to the ponies on the ground. They all looked to him as he shrugged and walked past them, already bored with their moaning and crying. He went to the Gate and stepped onto the hardened metal. He felt better with a fully solid surface under his hooves. As he inspected the gate he heard shouting from the direction of the ponies. He glanced back at Twilight and another pony converged on the fools. Twilight backed up as they began treating the ponies. She trotted to him and stood at the bottom of the stairs.

“You could have stood with them till I got back.” She said to him.

“Why?” He asked her as he focused on the Gate.

“Just to comfort them. So they didn’t feel alone.” She answered him, her eyes narrowed slightly at him.

He paused as he turned to look fully at her. “I see no reason to stand there when there is nothing I can do. Their own folly is what caused this. It is no fault of mine, nor the Gates, that they snuck in, despite the presence of Celestia’s Royal Guards.”

Twilight groaned and looked back to the ponies. “Still. Standing there wouldn’t have killed you.”

He shrugged. “I have better things to do than coddle four foolish little ponies.”

Twilight gave a loud annoyed growl and sat down on her haunches. “That’s not the point. Wouldn’t you want someone to sit with you if you were hurt?”

He looked at her. “No.”

“No?”

“No. If I do something that ill-advised then I expect to be either left to die or laughed at.” He replied, looking away from her and back to the Gate.

He didn’t see her expression, but he was sure that she didn’t like his commentary. He ignored her and went back to looking at the Gate and the surrounding area.

“Azure.”

He paused and looked over his shoulder with a heavy sigh. “Yes?”

“When you were hurt, when they threw you away, didn’t you want someone to help you?” She asked him.

“No. I knew none would. There was no point in complaining when I needed to get up and move. My life mattered to only myself and the minions that were screaming at me to follow them. I did not expect anypony to help me. Nor would I have accepted it.”

“Why not?”

“Because all ponies, lie.”

He looked away from her and turned his back to her, indicating that he was done speaking. He walked down the stairs and off to the side of it, standing on the clouds. His gauntlet flashed as he reached out, summoning Grubby. The minion came through the gate and looked for the Master. He leaped off the stairs and Azure made sure to catch him before he landed on the ground. He held the minion in front of him and looked at the ground for a moment. He gently set the minion on the clouds, ready to grab him should he fall through. Much to his surprise, the minion bounced on the clouds for a moment before running around, seeming to enjoy the feel of the soft clouds under his feet. Azure scowled before whistling, bringing Grubby back to focus back on his commands.

“Ensure the security of the Gate and prep the minion gates as well.” He commanded. “The usual.”

Grubby saluted and dove into the clouds. Azure shook his head and cursed about the fairness of it under his breath for a moment before he backed up and let the minion do his work without Azure's hooves in the way. He waited as the ponies were removed from the stadium on stretchers and he looked past them as a familiar incompetent pony ran up to him.

“You said this would not be your fault. Well, those ponies are badly hurt. I thought the burn would be like a sunburn.” He began spouting off as Azure and Twilight watched him.

Twilight stepped forward. “Normally that is exactly what happens. But this time due to the fact that the Gate was in a very out of the way area and its seclusion it was unlikely to be noticed. So the alterations were not made till the Gate could be checked by the minions who help make them. Right?” She looked to Azure as she spoke the last sentence.

“Yes. Due to the location, it was delayed due to needing to speak with you before it was completed. I needed the minion who can make the Gates check it and assure that there was nothing wrong with it. I can see that structurally it is sound, but Grubby is needed for anything more than that.” Azure replied.

“But those ponies…”

“Silence.” Azure whirled to fully look at the pony, his tone hard with a sharp edge to it. “I have had enough of your mewling. Your incompetence is beginning to bore and annoy me. If you wish to place blame on me then feel free. I will ignore it and do as I wish. I do not need you to allow me to do anything with the Gate. If contested about it I will throw you into the lightning myself. So I advise you to not to annoy me further.” Azure threatened, his patience worn.

Twilight stared at him as the mayor gulped and nodded, remaining silent. He turned and ran out of the stadium. Azure snorted and turned back to the Gate and the changes to the surrounding area. Under the clouds, he could sense that Grubby was moving through them as he linked the Netherworld and any magic that he needed to the Gate.

“Azure.” Twilight’s voice found his ears and he looked to her. “You can’t threaten a pony just because they disagree with you.” Her voice was soft as she spoke.

Azure sighed once more and looked to her. “I understand that. But sometimes a firm tone is needed and in other instances, a kick in the ass is needed as well. I had no intention to truly throw him in there, but I will not repeat myself more than is needed. You had explained the situation well and there was no need for further discussion.” He explained to her. He went back to watching Grubby form the minion gates.

He didn’t hear Twilight saw anything more as he stood in silence. He was beginning to feel weariness edging slowly into his muscles and shortening his temper further. Which was ill-advised due to him no longer watching the situation. He was not watching as Grubby leaped from the clouds at the completion of his orders and collided heavily with the Overlords right flank. Azure yelped and staggered. He hadn’t noticed Twilight standing close to him when he staggered and fell on her. She screeched as his weight fell on her and she found herself looking at him from her new position under his shoulder and side.

“Grubby!” Azure roared as his mind realized the situation.

A quiet whimper caught his attention as he looked down to find Twilight under him. His eyes widened as she looked at him, her eyes wide as well.

“Oh shit.” He cursed and lunged to his hooves.

He whirled around and put a hoof out to her. She took the offered limb and got to her hooves. She brushed off her fur and winced, a hoof going to her right wing, which had been crushed under his side. She sat down and gripped the appendage as slowly tried to extend it in her hooves. She yelped and tears came to her eyes as she stopped trying to move it. Azure quickly realized that it was most likely broken.

“Hold it still.” He told her and looked to the blue minion gate.

His Gauntlet roared and five blue minions hurried to his side. “Look to the injured wing and repair it.” He commanded and tipped his horn to Twilight.

The mare looked nervous but held still as the five minions descended on her. Taking the appendage from her hooves. Azure knew their touch to be gentle, he watched for any discomfort from the Alicorn. Now he was hoping they would be able to heal her, same as they did with him. They took the wing and stood close to her. Their claws threading gently into her fur on top of areas that would later bruise.


Twilight watched as they held her broken wing and she looked around as claws went gently over her skin, under her fur. She waited as they stopped moving and she gasped as magic surged over her. It was cool and went into the bruised skin and broken bones. She looked up as Azure stood close by. She looked at him and he looked to the blue minions that surrounded her. She felt the cool magic cover her and she felt her muscles relax and she felt the bones moving inside the broken wing. 'That should hurt.’ She thought to herself as the bones shifted and mended under the magic of the blue minions. As they finished they backed away from her, pulling her to her hooves, encouraging her to move. One reached out and gently pulled the previously broken wing out to its length and she smiled as she realized the wing was fully repaired. She looked from the minions to Azure and found him to be checking the minions.


“Is it done?” He asked one of them as they went to his side.

“Yes. All better!” One said to him.

“Good. Return to the Netherworld.” He commanded and the minions happily leaped into the minion Gate.

An almost sweet smile went onto his muzzle as he looked back to find the original minion standing silently beside the brown minion gate. “Grubby.” The minion nodded to him. “Come.”

The minion crept up to him and sat down on its haunches. Azure reached out his hooves, put them around the minion’s neck, and began to throttle him. “You foolish, little! What have I said about checking your surroundings?!” Azure yelled at the minion as he shook him.

The minion gurgled a reply, Azure turned and threw him into the brown minion gate. It flashed and he vanished into it. Azure gave an angry snort and turned back to Twilight. “My apologies for that bit of…unpleasantness. How are your wounds?”

She startled and shook her head. “I’m okay. Seems to be fully healed. I didn’t know that they could do that.”

He took a deep breath and nodded. “The blue minions have the ability to heal among others things. That is their purpose when we venture out of the Netherworld.”

“Thank you for asking them to heal it.”

“I caused the injury, though indirectly.” He glared at the minion gate for a moment before continuing. “So it is my place to repair it. While I personally do not have the ability to do so so I can use the resources I do have to fix the damage.”

She nodded. “Still, thank you.”

“Of course. Are you ready to return?” Azure looked to two of the minions with him and appointed them its guards and walked up to the stairs.

She nodded and followed him onto the Gate. He placed a hoof on her side and the Gate flared to send them back to Ponyville. She trotted down the stairs and turned back to him.

“Take it easy, Azure. If you need anything let me know.” She said to him, a wide smile on her muzzle.

Azure nodded to her. He closed his eyes and the Gate sent him back to the Netherworld. The minions went back via the gates and went to the minion burrows instead of following him. If he needed them he would summon them. Azure sighed, tiredness biting at him. The Overlord walked silently toward the stairs, which were obscured by the dark wings that came from the tall throne. Kelda was behind him as he walked up to the stairs toward his chambers.

“Love?”

“Yes, Kelda?”

“Are you all right?” She asked as he paused in the small room the housed the stairs to the individual chambers. “It has been a very long few days.” She reasoned at his incredulous look.

His expression softened and he turned back to her. He reached out one hoof, gripped her dress, and pulled her close, allowing her to wrap her forelegs around him and hold tightly to him. She nuzzled into his mane and held him tightly. He sat down and allowed her to hold him as long as she needed to. She had always been by his side or close by when they were young. He would never admit it, but he had always cared for her. Even after he had been thrown away he had heard her screaming on the ramparts. When he returned he looked for her as he went through Nordberg. Though if anyone had asked he would have denied it. He let his chin fall to her shoulder and rest there, inhaling her scent. She finally released him and stepped back to allow him to stand. He started for the stairs to the higher chambers and heard her hooves behind him. He paused and looked back to her, then tilted his head to her. A little smile crossed her muzzle and she jumped up to land at his side.

“Whether you want me to or not I am sleeping with you tonight.” She declared, her natural stubbornness showing through.

“And if I say no?” He asked her, his voice held a hint of teasing.

“Then I will sneak in later.” She reasoned to him, her smile widening.

Azure chuckled and shook his head. He tipped his horn and sent her ahead of him so he could land a nip of her flank, sending her yelping ahead of him. He summoned the minions as he moved to get his armor and get a bath ready for him. Ahead of him, Kelda cast a mischievous glance over her shoulder as she trotted ahead and he heard a splash ahead of him. A laugh broke from him as he followed the sound of splashing.

Author's Note:

Here we go! I brought in the prior Overlord due to a few things in my life happening so it was a good outlet. Even an Overlord is allowed to mourn a bit. Anyway. I redesigned the throne since Azure was feeling a bit like he needed to change it and make things his own. So here we go and I will keep going since this is proving to be more fun to write than I thought. I am also working on the other stories and trying to get them in the works as well.

if any are wondering here is the throne that I used as a base.

http://overlord.wikia.com/wiki/File:Throne_Room.jpg

Edited 5/30/2018
2nd Edit 9/23/2018 typing errors and word placement