• Published 15th Dec 2017
  • 3,450 Views, 142 Comments

Overlords and Friendship... - OblivionShadow



When his realm is brought to Equestria what's an Overlord to do? Look into conquering it of course!

  • ...
7
 142
 3,450

14: Essence Gathered...

Azure sat on his throne as Gnarl droned on about what he had learned from the changeling so far. He slid back in the seat and he gasped when he slid down further and slowly pushed himself back up in the throne and sat normally without slouching. Gnarl had stopped when the Overlord slid down in the throne and was now staring, unimpressed at the bored Overlord.

Azure got to his hooves and approached the Minion Master. “So, in other words, we are not sure what will happen if the drone gets close to the Queen. We are not sure that my will is enough to hold him.”

“Yes, Sire.” Gnarl confirmed.

Azure stared at the drone, which was standing close by as they spoke. “What if I go in with him?”

“Sire?”

“If the spell is not enough then will my presence be enough? Reinforcing it by my presence alone.”

Gnarl looked thoughtful at this words. “Perhaps. But for now, we will need to see how strong the spell is at this moment.”

“Meaning?”

“If we take the drone out with you while you move around. Your presence is often enough to command those close to you but we are not certain about the changeling.”

“So I should take him with me for a while before I send him back to the Queen?”

“Yes. Or we can test it out to see how far you can go with him.”

“Or,” Azure said as he cut the Minion Master off. “I can go with him into the Hive in a minion host as a way to show the Queen that the drone has been successful. It would cement her belief that simply by being associated with me will allow her to control the army she so desires.”

Gnarl looked to the drone and then back to his Master, a sadistic smile crossing his features. “You are quite clever my Lord. That is an idea that I had not considered. Your intelligence is staggering.”

“Not so much intelligence as a strategist. But I will accept the praise none the less. Is the dragon down with Giblet as per my command?”

“Yes, Master. Giblet retrieved the dragon early this morning. They await you at the Forge.” Gnarl informed him.

“I will head down there. We need to create a cage to contain the dragon until I decide what to do with him. I will need him intact if the others return. If needed I will use him to enslave others of his kind. They would make quite the mounts for my best minion.”

“Indeed they would. They will be yours to command Master.”

Azure made an assenting noise as he walked out to the stones and waited as he summoned one floating stone to carry him to the forge. Wrath jumped to his back as he uttered a shrill whistle, calling the minion to his side. Azure stood still as the stone moved swiftly through the air and docked at the side of the great forge. He came around the corner and found Garble standing in silence as Giblet moved around him, a claw on his chin.

“Giblet.”

“Master.” Giblet looked to him as he neared them, Garble looked to him and his head bowed in respect to his Lord.

“I trust you have figured out a cage for the dragon?”

“Master. Me think one made from Reds only.”

“Makes sense. The reds are fire immune. Are they immune to dragon fire from this world?”

Giblet nodded. “Tested.” He replied and pointed to the several reds that were jumping around and into a large fire pit.

“Solves that.” He muttered and looked back to the forge master. “How many reds will we need for the cage?”

Giblet shrugged and looked back to the forge. The minion raced to the forge and began to climb over it, inspecting it for any flaws or weaknesses. Azure looked to the dragon but remained silent as he waited for the minion to come back to him. The stallion watched as he came running back to the Overlord, his thin arms flailing.

“Lots.” He replied.

Azure fought back the desire to throttle the minion with his bare hooves and nodded instead. “Very well. I will call on them and you watch for the strength of the cage itself. Have you already made the mold for it?”

“Yes, Master.”

“Good. Let’s get started.”

Azure watched as the forge minion went to the forge controls and he began to heat it as the Overlord stood as close as he dared to the molten metal. The gauntlet roared and Azure watched as the red minions poured into the tubes above the forge itself. They leaped happily into the tubes and then fell into the molten heat of the metal within. Their body’s melted, leaving their powerful essence behind. Azure said nothing as the weakest of the reds jumped into the tubes above. He kept his best out of the pot and watched as the metal was poured into the molds and then into the water where the blues cooled the pieces and the process repeated six times, one for each side and the top and bottom of the cage, then the individual pieces of the locks and hinges forged in place. The red stallion was silent as he watched the forge minions helpers carry the pieces of the cage to the dragon, who stood silent and staring after the Overlord, waiting for a command.

“Stand back,” Azure commanded and the dragon did as he was commanded and stepped back several steps.

The Overlord turned to watch as the cage was set up. It was easily large enough for the dragon to lay down in and turn easily. While Azure wanted it secure he was not going to allow the dragon's health to fail. He needed the creature in good health if he was to be useful at all. The cage was fashioned with the essence of the red which gave it immunity to fire and was not able to be broken down. When it was finished he looked at the dragon and turned his body to face him.

“Get in.” He ordered. Garble said nothing as he walked quickly into the cage at his Lords command. The doors were locked and Azure looked to the dragon once more. “Try to escape.”

Azure backed up as the dragon's body did exactly as it had been commanded. The Overlord turned away as fire poured from the young dragon’s mouth. The red minions that were still alive stood in front of the Overlord to prevent him from being scorched. Azure took that as a hint and backed up to a safe distance as the cage rattled and the dragon inside fought like his life depended on his escape. Azure watched as the cage fell to the side and stayed intact. The dragon inside stilled and looked to the Overlord.

“That will be enough,” Azure said aloud as the brown minions picked up the cage and set it upright.

The door was opened and the dragon came out of the cage and knelt before his Master. “I am sorry. I nearly burned you, Master.”

Azure looked to the dragon and said nothing for a moment. “Forgiven. Do not forget that my life is worth a great deal more than your own.”

“Of course, Sire.” The dragon nodded as he stood back up and stepped aside.

“Set the cage up in the throne room.” He commanded as he walked back to the floating platforms.

His hooves gripped the stone but he did not command it to move. “Follow me, dragon.”

Garble took to the air and flew behind the Overlord as he made his way back to the throne room. He paused and the stone stopped suddenly. “Return to the throne room.” He commanded Garble, who nodded and took off to complete his orders. Azure redirected the stone to visit the minion burrows. He wanted to know how many had been used and if he needed to harvest more evil essence. He jumped from the stone when it reached its destination and he made his way through the burrows winding paths until he reached the red minion's hive. He groaned at the sight of the diminished Hive. The fires that lived within it were dull, indicating that it was low on the essence and needed to be replenished. His jaw clenched as he contemplated if it was possible to send some from the other Hives. His mind tossed that idea to the side as he realized that the others were plentiful due to the toughness of the minion themselves or their magical inclination.

“And I can’t resurrect them since they did not die outside of the Netherworld. Damn.” He cursed as he turned to go back to the stone platforms.

He commanded the platform and returned to the throne room to speak to Gnarl. Kelda had joined the Minion Master and was looking over the map table. The minions saluted at his presence which alerted the others to his presence.

“Morning Love.” Kelda crooned to him as he approached her.

“Morning.” He said to her. “Gnarl.”

“Sire?”

“We need to replenish the red minion hive. Its flames have faded.” Azure informed them and the Minion Master cringed.

“You are right. The evil essence needs to be gathered once more. There are many creatures in the surrounding forests that might yield a sufficient amount to replenish the Hive.” He supplied.

“And if they do not?” Kelda asked.

“Then we need a plan B,” Azure said to her.

She nodded and looked back to the map table. Azure said nothing more in reply and sent Wrath to retrieve his helm. The minion returned and Azures magic set the helm in place as he went to the Gate in the center of the room. He looked up as the Gates magic thundered above him, responding to his presence. Azure looked out as the Gates power faded and he stepped out of the lightning and walked down the stairs to the dirt path. His Gauntlet roared and the minions flooded over the ground around him. His commands were given and the minions surrounded him as they walked into the deep forest around them. The war wolves did not come with at his command. There were far too many small places that would need to be investigated and the wolves were not small enough. He kept them on the ground as they hunted out any small animals or even a few larger ones.


Azure groaned as the minions chased after another burrow of rabbits. “Bloody Hell.” He cursed and walked forward. They had been hunting for over three hours and had little to show for it. He trudged onward, his hooves thudding on the dirt. He was about to call it quits when the brown minions in the front began to shout and scream. He walked up as Wrath erupted from a bush, waving his arms and screeching as a tree chased after him. Azure blinked as the tree barked and snarled. As he watched it he could tell that it had the size of a large wolf. It was easily larger than the average pony and he watched as it chased he minion.

Wrath screamed and ran as the creature gained on him. Azure shook his head at the sight and commanded the other browns to subdue the tree monster for him. He watched as the minions swarmed the creature and pinned it to the ground. It yelped and whined as it was held down. Azure walked to the front of it and he stared down at it. His ears flicked forward as the sound of twigs snapping and growling caught his ears. The tree creature barked and howled from underneath minions and Azure looked to the direction of the sounds. His eyes widened at the sight of a pack of the creature’s lunged out of the woods.

“Shit.” He cursed under his breath as the minions began to call and scream as he spun to watch as they were slowly surrounded.

Azure was about to reach out to the reds to light them a flame but paused when they did not attack. He watched as they slowly circled and watched him closely. The one behind him whimpered and barked. The stallion looked back to the one they held and he realized what they held. “I hold the Alpha.” He whispered and looked back to the others. A smile went over his mouth and his magic reached out to the creature they had and he pressed his will into place, asserting dominance over the monster. It didn’t dare to attack him as he backed up. He commanded Wrath to the monsters back and the minion sat on its back and held tightly. He commanded the minions to release it and allow it to run. The tree wolf galloped forward and Azure sent an unspoken command to the minion to order the creature. The pack followed the Alpha closely, barking as the minion stayed on the tree wolfs back.

Azure was quiet as the minion steered the wolf back toward him and he watched as the wolf was brought to heel by the minion. The other browns leaped to the backs of the rest of the pack and soon Azure was staring at a new breed of mount for the brown minions. He was not so blind as to think that all of the minions could ride them. The Blues might be able to ride them safely but the reds could not due to the fire in their bodies. The red stallion said nothing as he turned back to the woods and began to walk back to Nordberg Gates.

“Gnarl?”

“I saw Master. Well done in bringing those beasts to your command.” The Minion Master praised.

Azure nodded in reply and looked back at the brown minions as they rejoined him. “We need a better way to harvest the essence. This is tedious at best.” He replied, an annoying complaint on his lips. “And only yields a small amount of essence. We might have gathered enough to refill the red hive but only just barely.”

“I agree, Master. This took too long and did not produce the results we need.” Gnarl agreed.

Azure snorted, annoyance biting at his mind. “We need a more efficient method.”

“What about a…experiment, Love?” Kelda voiced.

“Oh?” Azure replied to her.

“Yes. Do you think the ponies of this world would yield enough for you?” She asked him.

Azure stopped in his tracks and Wrath bumped into his hip, though Azure allowed the mistake to go unnoticed. The Overlord was silent as his mind went over what his mistress had said to him. “That is a…intriguing thought.” He finally said aloud.

He could hear Kelda chuckle. “I thought you might approve.”

“You are right. We will need to find a place that has no connection that can be easily found out. We also need to be able to pin it on another being and…That’s it.” Azure said aloud, his tone jovial as he began to laugh.

“Love?”

“Master?”

“It’s perfect.” He finally said through his own laughter. “The Dragon.”

“What about him, Sire?” Kelda said to him, her voice uncertain.

“I can use what he is. Gnarl!”

“Sire!” Gnarl chirped back immediately.

“Find me a village that is secluded and unlikely to have a connection to Canterlot. Have Grubby place a small gate hidden within that can hide an attack force. I want it isolated and ready to be harvested. I want the dragon to be ready to join me. He will take to the air and ensure that none of the ponies can escape. We will see if the ponies will harvest more if they are unaware of their attacker or if they will yield more when they see their killer.”

He heard no reply as he started to walk forward once more. He didn’t need them to agree with his plan, but the malicious giggle from the Minion Master told him that he approved. “Master that is ingenious.”

“I know,” Azure replied as he broke into a longer stride trot.

“How will you test it?” Kelda asked.

“I will send in a minion to isolate a pony and draw them out where we can see if they will give less or more essence depending on their death. Or if they yield more if they die my hoof or a minion.”

“Master you are more devious than I had given you credit for,” Kelda said to him. “I love it.”

“I know.” He replied again. “Get the dragon armored and ready. I want that useless fire breather to earn his keep. Light armor to keep him airborne. Any pony that flies will be burnt to the ground.” Azure broke into a gallop and raced back toward the Nordberg Gate, his goal clear.


Azure breathed as he came through the gate and stopped in the throne room. His breathing hurried as he had galloped the way back to plan the assault. Gnarl was standing on a chair next to the map table. The red stallion reached the table and breathed in to slow his breathing.

“Master we do not have any way to find a town that fits your vision,” Gnarl admitted.

“What?”

The minion visibly stiffened at the tone of his voice. “I mean that this map does not show the details of the town.”

Azure scoffed and his horn lit as he summoned the Tower Heart. The ball of magic hovered above as he commanded it to show him the town that Gnarl had found. It sat at the edge of the borders, farthest away from Canterlot. The Heart showed the town and it moved the vision through the town’s roads and the stallion watched intently. As they watched the Heart showed the streets and businesses and homes that surrounded them. Azure took a mental note about how to corral the ponies and keep them from fleeing. He would surround the village with the brown minions and use their strength to keep the ponies under control. The greens would be brought to keep to the roofs, allowing them to hide and attack from the shadows. The blues would stay with him since he would be in the middle of the fight. The reds would help garble destroy the village at the end of the fight if needed.

“Master?”

“Yes, Gnarl?”

“What is the plan?”

“I will use a group of browns to surround the town and keep any ground-based ponies from escaping. Garble will stay in the air and burn any flying ponies to the ground. I will place the greens off the streets and the reds and blues will stay with me. I am debating on having the reds help to burn it to the ground but I might just put him to work. I will go to Nordberg first to gather the new mounts and then go to the village once I get the affirmation that the small gate is ready.”

“Sounds like a solid plan, Love,” Kelda said to him as she drew up next to him. “Your dragon is armored.”

Azure looked back to see Garble standing in place, light metal armor covering his features. It was a simple set and kept the dragon's scales covered, obscuring everything including his coloring. “Good.”

Azure started to command the Heart to go back when he paused. He set it to watch over the main roads and ensure that he was able to be warned easily, should any pony come toward the town. The Browns would still be on guard around the town but it could not hurt to have another set of eyes watching. He looked to Kelda who nodded. He knew that he didn’t need to speak for her to understand his desire.

“This should be a fun distraction from the tedium of before.” He said aloud as he moved to the Gate and motioned for Garble to join him. The armored dragon stood as close as he dared to the armored stallion.

Azure gripped his armor and the Gates magic thundered as he was sent to Nordberg. The tree made wolves remained in the temporary enclosure that had been erected before they left earlier. Wrath and the others jumped to their backs and Azure worked out how many minions he would need while he waited for the word of the Gate being finished. He would use one of the small ones to make it easier to dismantle it when they left to avoid it being spotted. The Overlord pulled as many reds as he dared and ordered them to stay with him and not leave his side. The blues that he had with him were doubled and he kept them behind the reds. The Browns were doubled as well and he looked to the greens next. If he wanted to have them mounted as well he would need to go to Everlight for the spiders. The spiders were not as easy to move to separate areas due to their natural affinity to hot weather. He debated on it but pushed the idea back and chose to leave them on foot.


“Master!” Gnarl suddenly shouted, startling him out of his preparations.

“Yes?”

“The Gate is ready. It is called Everstone.” He reported and went silent.

Azure's lips pulled back in a wide smile and he chuckled, pleasure clear on his face. “Perfect.”

He walked to the Gate and summoned the minions to join him at the new Gate, all minions stayed with him as he mounted the Gates steps. Garble stayed with him and he gripped the armor to ensure that the dragon stayed with him. Azure closed his eyes as the Gates magic crashed and he opened them to see a dense forest around him. The mounted minions flooded over the ground and he watched as the others rejoined them. His red eyes watched as he walked slowly forward and looked out from among the trees and he could see the village ahead of him.

“Keep an eye out Kelda.”

“Of course, Lord.” She crooned to him. “I will watch your back.”

Azure fought back a chuckle at her words and slowly commanded the unmounted browns to surround the village, hiding in the tall grass and ferns. They flooded over the lands and he watched as they vanished into the grass. He looked to the dragon at his side and issued his commands.

“Take to the air when I begin the assault and do not allow any flying ponies to leave through the skies. Burn them down.” He commanded. “Any ponies get past the browns are to be either killed or brought back to the village. Understood?”

The dragon turned to him and knelt down in the grass. “As you command, My Lord.” He said and backed up to allow Azure to have plenty of room to finish his preparations.

Azure nodded to him and waited for a moment before he looked to the village. His eyes fell on Wrath and he reached out to pull the mounted minion to his side. His mind went over his unspoken commands and Wrath nodded. A second mounted minion came to stand with the heavily armored minion.

“Bring me two ponies, separately.” He whispered aloud and the mounts raced forward, their riders eager to accomplish his commands.

He watched as they split and went to separate sides of the village. He lost sight of them and he waited silently in place. His ears flicked after a few minutes as Wrath dragged a pony to them. Its mouth clamped shut by the minion as Wrath hung off the side of the wolf creature. The minion’s claws gripped the pony’s mane in one clawed hand and the other clamped his jaws. Azure said nothing as the pony was dropped in front of him.

“Say nothing if you wish to live through this moment.” He said to the shaking pony who nodded, complying with the stallion. “Good. I have a question for you.”

The pony said nothing as he looked at the minion that had dragged him out of his home. “Okay.” He whispered and waited in place.

“What is that?” Azure asked and pointed to the wolf creature Wrath sat on.

“It…It’s a Timberwolf.” He replied quietly.

“Literally?” Azure replied, his tone incredulous.

“Yes.” He said and nodded slowly.

Azure rolled his eyes and managed to fight back an annoying sound. “That was all. I figured asking a pony to come to me would not work since the creature would have been with me.” He lied easily and patted the pony on the shoulder.

“I can go?” He asked, his eyes wide.

“Of course,” Azure said to him, a smile on his lips.


The pony smiled and got to his hooves. He pony turned to leave and he began to walk away as his breath caught at the sudden flash of pain. He looked over his shoulder to see the blade of a sword driven through his back and he looked down to see the tip through his chest. A rough laugh caught his attention and he looked back, the Unicorn’s smile had warped and was now cruel and malicious.

“You ponies are far too trusting for your own good.” He said aloud.

The pony gasped as the blade was ripped from his body and he saw the ground rush up at him as the sound of a muffled scream caught his attention and he looked up as another pony was dragged through the grass.


Azure watched the light leave the ponies eyes and he went limp on the ground. He raised his gauntlet and the light brightened as the essence was collected. “Hmm.” He made a quiet sound but said nothing at the sight. His weapon slid back into the scabbard at his shoulder after Wrath wiped the blade clean. The mare was dragged through the grass and she tried to scream through the minion's hands at the sight of the dead stallion. Wrath leaned down and gripped the dead pony’s mane, allowing him to drag the body off to the side. Azure stared at her as she struggled to pull away but a stomp from him stopped her attempts and she stared at him.

“I trust you will be cleverer than he was.” Azure began and she nodded frantically.

Wrath returned after tossing the dead pony’s body to the side and was at his side once more. Azure waited for the mare to calm a bit before he said anything more. Now he would test if Wrath could kill her and get the same amount of essence or more. He was hoping for more considering how terrified she was now. The minion that had hold of her slid to the ground to ensure that she did not scream.

“How many ponies are in your village?” He asked her, his voice quiet.

She looked away from him to the minion that held her jaws and then looked like she was thinking it over. She looked to the minion and he released enough of her jaws to allow her to speak, but not enough to scream.

“Over two hundred I think.” She whispered.

Azure looked to the village and a pleased sound escaped him. “Good. That is all I needed from you. Wrath.”

The minion reached out and his thin clawed hand gripped her. Her eyes widened in terror as she cried out weakly. Wraths sword slid into her chest, cutting into her heart, killing her instantly. Azure looked to the gauntlet as it brightened. “That works.”

“Master?” Gnarl spoke to him.

“I will gather them all in one spot and the more terrified they the more essence I receive in turn. Terror is easy to accomplish.” He said aloud as a laugh barked from him. “Take to the air.” He barked to Garble who bowed his head and took to the air.

“Well done Master. That test worked out perfectly as you wished it would.” Gnarl said to him, his voice clearly pleased.

“It helps that a young dragon's claws are very similar to the minions so that will make things easier for me to harvest them. Any ponies that looked like they were killed by anything less will be burned beyond recognition.” Azure explained and he led the minions out of the forest.

Wrath leaped to his Timberwolves back and stayed close to the Overlord as they advanced on the village ponies. The minions began to flood the village under his command to get every single pony and bring them to the center of the village. Azure walked ahead as screams broke through the air. The calm night air was shattered as screams and the screams of the minions tore through the air. Azure watched as ponies were dragged from their homes and were dragged through the streets as the minions did as he has ordered. The Overlord listened as the greens were positioned in the right place and the reds and blues stayed at his sides. He said nothing as he looked up to see a Pegasus take to the air. He followed the pony’s erratic flight as fire tore into the body and a scream tore through the air. The pony careened to the ground and the Overlord watched as the dragon wheeled in the air and went back to the skies, doing as he had been commanded.

Wrath raced ahead of him and the Overlord looked back to him as a pony fought back against the Timberwolf that was biting fiercely at the pony’s legs. Azure watched as the pony turned to buck as the minion on the wolves back jabbed at him with the halberd that normally sat on the minions back. It stabbed through the pony’s right flank and he cried out as he fell to the ground. The Timberwolf reached out and its fangs bit into the pony’s leg and began to drag him to the center of the village. Azure felt a smile tug at his mouth at the sights and sounds that went over him. His eyes closed for a moment as he began to walk forward, his stride slow and deliberate. His armored hooves thudded against the dirt road, a pony fell out of the house to hid right and fell at his hooves. The pony looked to the boots and a look of hope crossed his face as he looked up, his eyes widened at the sight of the brightly burning red eyes that looked down at him, his hope crushed in a moment.

“Who are you?” He asked, his voice quivering.

“Me?” Azure replied as the pony nodded slowly. “I am your end.” He spoke quietly as the pony began to shake.

A wolf reached out and gripped the pony’s hind leg and dragged him away as he cried out in pain. Azure smiled maliciously at the ponies’ cries. He began to walk forward once more and after a couple of minutes, he reached the center of the village and watched as the ponies huddled together, their eyes searching. Azure backed up a step and got out of their eyesight. He was curious how they would react to the Overlord if he was out of sight. He let the minions fill in the gaps as a pony was dropped from the sky by a flying Garble. Azure sent him back to the skies with a glance and the dragon did as commanded.

He watched as the ponies eyes stared, terrified at the surrounding minions and the howling wolves that bit at them as they circled them. Azure chose that moment to walk forward, he watched a pony see him and a bit of hope went through her eyes.

“Help us!” She screamed at him.

Azure stopped at the back of the minions and the ponies were now staring in his direction. He stomped a hoof and the minions looked back to him and the mounted browns stopped circling. They bowed their heads and backed away to allow him room to walk easily past them. Azure could hear Kelda and Gnarl laughing through his helmet and a smile tugged over his mouth. The ponies stared, the light of hope leaving their eyes. Azure walked toward them as they backed away from the sound of his armored hooves. His smile had morphed into a sadistic grin as he regarded the ponies ahead of him.

“Who are you?” One asked him, his voice small and shook as he spoke.

“Does it matter?” Azure replied. “You are going to die anyway.”

“Then why are you doing this?” He asked.

“I need to gather the essence that you hold to bring more of my army to life. That is your purpose.” Azure replied simply.

“Essence?”

“Yes. The evil essence that rests within you. Your life force if you will.” He explained. “I can use it.”

“But why do you need to kill us?”

“That is the only way to harvest it,” Azure replied as the minions at the back began to move under his command.

At the back of the group, the ponies began to scream as the minions attacked them. The ponies close to him looked to him as the ponies behind them tried to crowd forward to get away from the attacking minions. Azure said nothing as the minions with him began to advance as well. They swarmed from behind him and jumped over their fellow minions to attack in succession. Azure took the weight off one hind hoof as he watched, his red eyes brightly burning in their sockets. He could hear Kelda and Gnarl speaking in the background but it was nothing that he needed to worry about.

“Are there any taking to the air, Lord?” Gnarl asked him, the Minion Master had to shout over the din of the minions and screaming ponies.

“A few did but Garble did well to knock them to the earth,” Azure replied.

“Nothing on the roads, Love,” Kelda said to him.

“Good.” Azure’s voice bordered on bored at his gauntlet collected the essence as the ponies died.

He walked forward as they fell ahead of him to ensure that he was close enough for the essence to gather to him. The red stallion was quiet as the screams began to die out as the minions tore through the ponies. No pony was spared as they killed those they found. Azure commanded a group of them to recheck the houses to avoid anypony escaping to alert the Royals of his actions. His ears flicked as he listened to the different pleas of the ponies and the cries for mercy, none of them getting past his ears to his mind. His mind was already on the amount of time it would take to replenish the red Hive and ensure that it was back in proper form. He made a mental note to check on the other Hives to ensure that they were all well stocked and their condition was favorable. While the reds did not often get into trouble under his command he had needed to resurrect his fair share over time. He did not allow all of the essence to be used in one hive and he could section it as he saw fit. This trip would serve to replenish both the red hive and his own extra stock that he kept in the wings should he need it. As the last pony fell the gauntlet glowed brightly as the essence gathered within it before being sent back to the Netherworld. His eyes fell on it and then to the village around him.

“Best to move all the bodies into the houses to ensure that they burn properly. The last thing I need is for them to all be found here.” Azure mused aloud.

“Best to move them now Master,” Gnarl advised.

Azure said nothing as his commands were formed and the minions began the task of moving the corpses. The stallion’s eyes went to the sky and he sent a blast of red magic into the air to summon the dragon to his side. Garble joined him after a moment and the stallion turned to the dragon.

“Light the village aflame. I do not want a single house to survive this fire. I trust you can handle this command?”

“Of course, Master,” Garble replied and took to the air once more.

Azure watched as the dragon took to the air and the first houses began to fall to the flame. While his fire was not able to create a ground-shaking impact, with the aid of the reds he was able to accomplish what he had been commanded to accomplish. The Overlord walked out of the village as the Browns came back to him and surrounded him, ensuring they stayed away from the fire. Unlike the reds, they were not fire resistant. The others stayed away as well. He watched as the village became a bright spot of flame and he smiled at the sight before him. His eyes were wide as the heat rolled over him, he whistled to have his helm pulled off and Wrath jumped to his back to remove the helm and jumped back to the Timberwolves back. Azure shook out his mane and looked back to the fire. Garble circled above, dropping fire in places to ensure that it blazed as he had been commanded. Azure would have him walk around the perimeter in places to ensure that dragons took the blame for the slaughter. The heat washed over him, ruffling his long mane. His smile returned as a scream went out. A minion dragged a burned pony out to him and the Overlord stood in silence as the pony was brought to him.

Azure looked down as the pony stared up at him, tears of pain and terror falling from her eyes. She panted as she stared up at him. Azure’s magic pulled his sword free and she cried in place. Azure reached down and his hoof raised her head to look at him.

“Why?” She whimpered to him.

His blade slid through her chest and she gasped as he spoke. “Evil Always Finds A Way.”

Author's Note:

And another falls to the Overlord! Here we go. Another chapter ready and it took a bit but its all ready to be read. I will do a greater editing session when I get a free minute in the next couple of days. Thank you as always for reading and Enjoy!