• Published 15th Dec 2017
  • 3,661 Views, 81 Comments

Dashtale - Ghostaloo



Rainbow Dash wakes up in a bed of flowers in a cave as a filly with amnesia. Lost and confused, she's taken in by a goat monster named Toriel. That's okay though, as long as she has DETERMINATION she can get through this.

  • ...
7
 81
 3,661

The Butterflies That Flutter Away [Part 3] (Unedited)

Rainbow gulped with dread. She forced herself to slowly turn around and face her worst nightmare.

Flowey was peeking out of the ground a little ways away.

He gave her a menacing smile.

"Wowwy, it sure has been awhile, huh?" He laughed in a way that made a shiver go down Rainbow's spine. She backed up against the vines in a vain attempt to get away from him.

"Aww, aren'tcha just too cute? You actually think you can escape?" Flowey cackled. "That's adorable!"

He swayed for a moment before stopping and letting his smile fall. "I would really LOVE to play around with ya, but unfortunately… that's not why I'm here."

He gave her a dark, knowing look.

"Let's cut to the chase. Four months, FOUR FUCKING MONTHS you've been playing this GAME, and I bet you feel really great about that, right? Hanging around. Laughing, playing. Living this… life. You have nothing to fear. You don't have to worry about anything and you are loved unconditionally." He glared at her. "You moron, don't you realize that you are living a LIE?!"

Rainbow squeaked when the demonic flower disappeared into the ground and popped back up right in front of her.

"This 'life' of yours, it was never meant for you!" Flowey swiftly stretched out and got up in Rainbow's face. "You were NEVER EVEN MEANT TO EXIST!!!"

Rainbow Dash froze and stared wide eyed at the furious talking flower.

I… I was never… meant to exist?

"You took this life away from someone else! Someone who REALLY deserved it!" He continued screaming in her face. "YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A FREAKING VIRUS!!!!!"

Suddenly, Chara took over and punched Flowey. Hard.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE, YOU BASTARD!!!" She snapped.

He screamed and backed away, holding his face with his two large leaves. After a moment he removed them and stared at Chara in shock.

Silence.

Flowey's face went from shocked to murderus in 10 seconds flat.

"YOU FUCKING BRAT!!!"

He summoned a vine and wrapped it tightly around her barrel. He lifted Chara into the air and threw her against the cave wall. The impact was so hard it caused Chara to lose control and Rainbow to take over once again.

There was a loud snap and Rainbow gasped loudly with a mix of shock and pain. She fell forward and onto the ground, feeling as though she couldn't catch her breath.

Can't breath! Pain! Scared! Need to get up! Rainbow forced her hooves under her and struggled to stand up. The work caused her to start hacking. She collapsed back onto the ground and spat up fresh blood.

"RAINBOW!!!!!"

Mom!!! The young filly quickly glanced up in hope of being saved. But her glimmer of hope was quickly crushed when she saw Toriel struggling to free herself from Flowey's vines.

"Shut up!!!" Flowey snapped at the frantic goat-monster and wrapped some vines around her muzzle. He turned his attention back to Rainbow.

"Okay you little brat, here is how this is going to go. Either you tell me what the hell you did to fuck everything up, and where Frisk is, or I will kill you in the worst way physically possible. Got it?"

The name 'Frisk' rung some bells in Rainbow's head. It sounded familiar but at the moment she couldn't remember where she heard it. She was too scared to think so all she could do was shutter out an "I don't know!"

Flowey didn't like that.

"WRONG ANSWER!" Flowey smashed a vine into the ground, just a few inches from the poor filly's head.

"Where is Frisk?! Where are the humans?!?! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO EVERYTHING?!?!?!?!" He shrieked hysterically.

"I don't understand!!!" Rainbow wailed.

Flowey screamed with the power of a raging inferno. Two more vines shot out of the ground, but these weren't like the others. These vines were more like giant needles than actual plant-matter.

Rainbow Dash's eyes seemed to become the size of dinner plates. It felt like her blood was turning into ice. Terror was consuming her being.

Then she remembered her head-companion

Chara?!! Rainbow called out desperately into the inner reaches of her Soul, but all she got was a squeak-like sound in response. Chara seemed to be in a Soul-deep daze and couldn't do more then watch numbly.

Her last hope was gone.

They were going to die.

Flowey hovered over them with a crazed look in his eyes.

"DIE!!!!"

The needle-like vines shot at Rainbow with full intention of murdering her. Rainbow watched with silent, shell-shocked horror as they approached.


Then it happened. There was a 'pop' and then a loud 'crack'. Shocked at this surprising turn of events, it took a moment for Dash to process what she was seeing.

Standing in front of her was Sans. He had his boney hand held out, and floating in front of him was a giant dragon-like skull with Flowey's vines stabbed right through it.

"S-S-SANS?????" Rainbow shuttered/yelled.

"Hey, kid. It seems that you've gotten yourself it quite a 'vine'd, huh?" He chuckled humorlessly.

Rainbow stared at Sans, not knowing what to think. Can you blame her though? One moment she was about to die at the hands of a murderous flower, and the next Sans pops out of freaking nowhere making a terrible PUN.

So she did what any terrified and confused child would do in this kind of situation.

Begin bawling their eyes out.

Sans watched Rainbow cry for a moment before turning his attention back Flowey.

Sans sighed and said, "Hey, weed. Long time no see, huh?"

Flowey's face turned bright red with anger.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?!?!"

Sans cocked his skull to the side and shrugged.

"Bird watching," He answered simply.

Flowey paused and stared at him with a rather puzzled look. After a few seconds he shook his head and returned to trying to glare a hole through Sans.

"This doesn't involve you! Leave!" Flowey growled with an air of warning.

"Wrong, it actually does involve me," Sans said nonchalantly. "You see, I made a promise to that lady your attempting to strangle. This kid is my responsibility to… protect, I guess."

"But WHY!? Don't you realize how her presence is EFFECTING EVERYTHING!? She needs to DIE!!!"

When Flowey announced that Rainbow Dash needed to die, Sans eye sockets went dark. He was quiet for a moment before he let out a sigh.

"Yes, I am aware of what is going on… but I won't let you kill her. Despite the fact that she is an anomaly and can dance around the timeline at will… she is still just a young child, a child with the potential for great good… or mass destruction. At her age, how one treats her will affect the outcome of who she becomes." Sans perma-smile seemed to become strained. "If I can change the outcome of this game in any way, and prevent dust from spilling across the ground once again, then I would gladly protect even the devil's incarnate."

Flowey glared at Sans with a rather unamused expression.

"Are you done?"

Sans shrugged and said "Yup."

White pellets then appeared around Flowey. He flashed a menacing grin.

"Then let's begin."

Author's Note:

97% of this chapter is Flowey screaming at the top of his non-existent lungs. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. And yes, I'm aware that Flowey is acting a bit OOC, but it's for a good reason! Don't worry, things with begin to make sense... eventually.

More triggery warnings for the next chapter.

Have a nice day everyone!

EDIT: Sorry about the false update, I accidentally unpublished this chapter! Sorry!