• Published 15th Dec 2017
  • 3,669 Views, 81 Comments

Dashtale - Ghostaloo



Rainbow Dash wakes up in a bed of flowers in a cave as a filly with amnesia. Lost and confused, she's taken in by a goat monster named Toriel. That's okay though, as long as she has DETERMINATION she can get through this.

  • ...
7
 81
 3,669

The Butterflies That Flutter Away [Part 2] (Unedited)

Rainbow Dash walked slowly down the hallway. Toriel was now leading them to the butterfly spot, not her. Toriel put her foot down and took control of the situation after she almost impaled herself for the third time.

Maybe it was for the best. Rainbow literally had no clue where she was going. The only real downside to the situation was that it gave her too much time to think.

She doesn't LIKE to think.

Chara hasn't been responsive since the incident that happened a little over a half-an-hour ago. Rainbow literally didn't remember the last time her head was this empty. To say that it was unnerving would be an understatement. It was too quiet and she didn't like it.

It scared her, badly.

She didn't want to be alone. She didn't want to be this empty.

She needed her friend.

Chara, Rainbow called out desperately. Chara, please! Please talk to me! Her eyes were starting to become wet. I'm scared, it's too quiet!

Suddenly, like a flip of a switch, there was music playing in her head.

Rainbow stopped walking and stared ahead with a look of intense perplexity.

Did… Did my head just become a radio? Chaaaara, whyyy???

Rainbow suddenly got a strong sense of pity, and for a moment she did not understand why. Then it dawned on her.

Chara was trying to comfort her.

Rainbow Dash gave a soft, thankful smile. She chuckled a bit as she began walking again, although a bit faster than before. She hummed along to the music in her head happily.

Thanks.


"Mom, are we there yet?" Rainbow complained as she galloped up to Toriel's side, quickly falling into rhythm with her mother. "I'm getting bored!"

"Yes Rainbow Dash, we are almost there," Toriel confirmed with a chuckle. She pointed ahead, drawing her daughter's attention to the upcoming doorway.

Rainbow's eyes widened and sparkled with glee.

"Awesome!" She cheered and quickly ran ahead.

"H-Hold on, Rainbow Dash! Wait for me!"

The rainbow maned filly barreled through the doorway at high speeds. Barely taking any time to look around, she continued on her set path and ran down the stairs and through the next doorway.

Rainbow Dash ran through a few hallways before she found herself in a VERY familiar room. She quickly slowed to a stop.

The room was dark with only a single ray of sunshine shining in the center of the room, lighting up a patch of green grass.

Rainbow Dash remembered this place. These was… this was where she was attacked by that scary flower.

It felt like her blood was turning to ice. She couldn't stop herself from shaking in terror, and the more she stared at that empty patch of grass, the more her body shook. She just couldn't stop staring.

Rainbow was barely aware that Chara has resurfaced and was now yelling at her.

Rainbow Dash, calm down and listen to me! Rainbow took a shaky breath and let it out. She forced herself to focus on Chara.

That's right, just focus on my voice. There's no need to freak out. Asri-- er, FLOWEY isn't here, okay? Just you and me. Your okay, Rainbow. Your okay.

After a couple more minutes and some reassuring words, she began to calm down. Rainbow let out a weak chuckle.

Where did you learn to calm people down like that? You seemed to know what you were doing.

Eh, let's just say I've had a lot of practice.

By the time Toriel caught up, she was pretty much back to normal. Rainbow Dash was thankful that it took her so long to get here. She didn't want to worry her.

Toriel took one look around the room before wrinkling her muzzle in distaste, seeming to remember what took place here. She quickly guided Rainbow Dash across the room and through the final doorway.

When Dashie walked through the doorway, she was quickly bathed in bright sunlight. She squawked and flinched back with a mix of surprise and pain.

It hurts, it HURTS!

Chara added her input by hissing like a vampire.

"Hehehe, sorry my child! I forget to warn you about the sunlight!" Toriel laughed and gently guided the temporarily blind filly farther into the room.

When Rainbow's eyes finally adjusted to the bright sunlight, she was greeted with the sight of a bed of familiar, beautiful golden flowers.

As she took in the sight of the flora, she found herself taken back to her earliest memories. Four months ago, she woke up in these very same flowers. She was lost, confused, and bleeding from her fall.

Rainbow slowly walked up to the flowers. She lifted her hoof and gently ran it through them, taking a moment to feel their soft petals.

After a bit, she stepped into the flowerbed and laid down on her belly. She tucked her hooves underneath her body and closed her eyes.

Rainbow didn't know why, but… she felt at peace. It felt… it felt like she should be here, laying among these golden flowers. Resting, sleeping, with no worries of the outside world.

Rainbow took notice of the sound of rustling. Toriel sat down next to her.

"It quite peaceful, isn't it my child?" Toriel sighed with contentment.

Rainbow hummed a reply.

They sat in silence for a while, just enjoying the sunshine and each other's company.

The silence soon came to an end when Rainbow Dash heard Toriel's voice.

"Look Rainbow," Toriel whispered eagerly. "It's a butterfly!"

Rainbow opened her eyes and looked around. Her widening eyes soon landed on a fluttering pink creature a couple feet away.

"That's a butterfly? It's so pretty!" Rainbow whispered as she watched it flutter around with child-like wonder.

Toriel smiled and softly clicked her tongue at it before reaching a single paw out. Rainbow let out a gasp of astonishment when it landed on one of her goat-mother's fingers.

"Wow! How did you do that?" She asked as she tried to wiggle closer to get a better look.

Toriel giggled and brought the butterfly closer to her adopted daughter.

"It's not very hard, my child," she answered. "All you gotta do is offer your friendship, love, and respect."

Yuck, you can keep your friendship and respect. All I want is the LOVE.

Rainbow squinted her eyes in puzzlement.

How can you have love without friendship and respect? Is that even possible?

Chara gave a slightly eerie chuckle and said, Oh yes, it possible. Very possible. It fact, monster's love LOVE. Just go ask Sans. He will tell you ALL about it; and hey, if you're determined enough, he might just include the light show that goes along with it-- free of charge! Hehehehehehehe~!

Light show…? Rainbow blinked stupidly. Oookay than. Whatever you say, ya weirdo.

Hehehe-- ! Chara cut her laughter off abruptly. Rainbow.

Rainbow gave nonchalant reply of, Uh, yeah? What is it?

We are being watched. I suggest you run-- like NOW!

With little warning, all Rainbow could do was scramble to her hooves and dive out of the way as vines suddenly shot out of the ground violently.

When Rainbow landed, she turned her head around and gaped in horror at the green vines of death looming over her.

MOVE!!!!

Dash screamed in terror, got back up onto her hooves, and took off running. Unfortunately, she didn't manage to get very far because four more vines shot out of the ground in front of her, effectively blocking her path.

Then, there was laughter. Sickly twisted, demonic, familiar laughter.

"Howdy! Remember ME?"

Author's Note:

Hi, here is part 2! Just a warning for all ya, the next chapter (which is currently in process) MIGHT be triggering to some people. Honestly, I'm not sure if it would count, but still. This it IS a crossover with Undertale after all, and knowing my track record with stories... I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

See you all in the next chapter!