• Published 14th Feb 2018
  • 438 Views, 10 Comments

Tales Of Star-Crossed Love - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Short stories revolving around pairs of ponies in love that can't seem to catch a break.

  • ...
 10
 438

The Third Tale, Part Three

Chapter Eleven

Luna & Bolero Brilliance

Royal Engagement

Luna’s anxiety swelled in her heart. It felt so right being with Bolero, but she had concerns with Celestia. Would Celestia be jealous or supportive? Regardless of which, Luna needed to talk to her. They had been distant for too long. Things were getting serious between her and Bolero. She needed to have her sister’s support more than ever. She steeled herself as she stood outside the back entrance of the court chamber. She knew how much her sister hated being interrupted, but she felt it might be worth it. She went inside the room, and waited a bit for Celestia to be done with her current appeal. After her sister sent away the current case, Luna strode to her side. “Sister, I apologize for bothering you, but there is something that we must discuss. Please adjourn for now so that we may discuss privately.”

At first, it seemed as if Celestia might dismiss Luna’s wish. All that changed though when she saw that a very particularly annoying noble was up next. She let out a deep sigh, and looked to the council. “Tell the others waiting that I am speaking with my sister. They should understand. Let none disturb us.” She got out of her chair, and followed Luna back to Luna’s room. The door shut behind them, and Celestia set up an anti-eavesdropping field. “What is it, Luna? I have important business to do. This better be quick.”

Anger sparked at her sister for a split second before Luna composed herself. Her sister had so much attention… Was it too much to ask for a little time together? She pushed that thought aside as she pushed forward. “”Dear sister, we haven’t spoken in so long. Any conversations that we’ve had recently have been brief. I miss when we were close, and could talk about anything. Can’t it go back to that? I know Discord’s madness hurt you, but we should move past that now.”

Celestia’s gaze sharpened at the mention of Discord’s name, but she pushed that aside. “Is this all you wanted to talk about? We could easily have talked later. Is there something else?”

Luna took a deep breath, and shouted a bit. “I- I’ve found somepony special! I thought that you should know…”

Eyes wide, Celestia took a good look at Luna. several thoughts buzzed around all at once. Her emotions were in a flurry, until she set her face into a serious gaze. “Look, Luna. I should be happy for you, I know. But I just can’t.” Tears ran down her cheeks, and she stroked Luna’s cheek. “I don’t want you to suffer like I did. It will only end badly. Please, for your own good- break it off with Bolero. I-”

However, Luna interrupted, with surprise on her face. “You know about Bolero? How? Have you been spying on me?” Celestia was about to respond, but Luna cut her off. “Nevermind. I thought that you would support me, but I guess I was wrong. I’m leaving.”

As Luna was about to fly off through the window, Celestia called out to her. “Wait! Please, Luna. Think rationally! What are you even hoping to do!?”

Luna lifted off the ground, and stared Celestia in the eye. “I won’t let my chance at happiness slip through my hooves, Celestia! If you don’t approve, I guess I’ll just elope with him! You can’t stop me, sister!” Before Celestia could stop her, Luna flew off as the sun set. Luna lifted the moon into the sky as she flew. It might be rash of her, but she wouldn’t forgive herself if she let this chance slip by her. She soon found Bolero’s shack, and she landed outside of it. Bolero opened his door, and a look of surprise lit upon his face. “Luna? I wasn’t expecting you for our date until later.” He blushed as he scratched the back of his head. “I guess we could go early if you want. Let me just get ready-”

As he was about to turn back into his house, he saw that Luna’s magic had shut the door. He looked back to her, a concerned look on his face. However, Luna’s smile eased his worries. She shook her head. “Bolero, I think it’s time for the next step.” As Bolero was about to question her, Luna brought out a ring from underneath her wing. She presented it to him, scarlet engulfing her cheeks. “I know that It’s usually the stallion that does this, but… Will you marry me? I want us to be together, and to not squander this opportunity. What do you say?”

Silence rang as Bolero’s shock was evident on his face. However, it soon gave way to a hearty grin. “I’d be a fool to say no! So, when should we do the wedding? I should send out invitations-”

Luna’s hoof gently shut his mouth. “No, Bolero. Celestia didn’t approve. We can elope, though. Get the Dragon Lord to oversee the ceremonies or something. I don’t want to waste more time.” She took her hoof off Bolero’s face, and offered it properly. “So, shall we run away together?”

Hesitation was apparent upon Bolero’s face. He wanted his family to be there at the wedding, but he knew Luna was taking a big risk. He took a deep breath, and put the engagement ring on his horn. He smiled, and grasped Luna’s hoof. “If that’s what you want, Luna. I think my folks won’t be too upset about missing out.” He saw Luna let go of the magic on his door, and he nodded. After all, it was a bit of a trip to the Dragon Lands. They would need a lot of supplies. He set to work, and gathered enough within the hour. Luna was waiting, laying down, wing outstretched. Bolero was careful as he climbed on her back, and the two of them flew off in the moon’s glow.

Author's Note:

Here it is! This arc will be wrapping up soon (and you know what that means.) The next part might take a while, though.