• Published 11th May 2019
  • 676 Views, 8 Comments

Deep Thoughts - Dr Freaky



After being banished back to tartarus, Tirek is left to ponder his fate.

  • ...
1
 8
 676

Only Chapter

Tirek sat in the cold dark of his stony prison, there wasn't really anything else to do. The only sound he could hear was the snuffling of his guard Cerberus outside his cell and even that would stop eventually when he settled in. Soon there would be no sounds besides him and the cold rock of the ground that he laid upon. The only thing outside the prison was complete blackness and somewhere in there Cerberus who was blending with the shadows unnaturally well and not making any noise whatsoever.

For a three-headed dog, when he wanted to Cerberus could stand guard without moving or making a sound until you couldn't even tell if he was a statue or not. That would be if he wasn't always drooling buckets.

When Tirek had escaped he had heard that one of Twilight's friends had managed to tame and return Cerberus back into Tartarus with barely any property damage in the town of ponyville... blehgg what a name... Tirek had been very surprised by this, because not even a town of the best armed ponies could do much damage to Cerberus anyway, so the fact that one pony tamed him and returned him to Tartarus was astounding.

It was later that he learned that this was the only reason Tirek had managed to escape anyway. Cerberus had been doing his duty by tracking him down and was meant to bring Tirek back kicking and screaming, Cerberus would have succeeded if he hadn't been stopped by them too.

He had been only a mile away at the edge of the Everfree forest.

At the time Tirek had only the magic of a powerful unicorn to defend himself with and definitely would have been caught. Cerberus was more then a match for most creatures because of his strength and the fact that he had three sets of stallion-sized bear traps for mouths. He was also almost entirely magic resistant too which meant that even if Tirek had been more powerful, he still wouldn't have succeeded as his magical attacks would just slide off Cerberus like water off a ducks back.

He decided to sleep and perhaps dream of a nicer place then where he was right now, perhaps he would dream of what would have happened if he could have won or something. He remembered all to well when he had stolen all the magic of Equestria, he had felt all powerful and he had only hungered for more. Afterwords it had been hard to think positively and not be depressed after feeling so powerful only to go back to the state he was now, a small shriveled raisin of a centaur. In the end it did not matter, though.

Somehow, he had been wrong and even now he could barely conceive of how. Nothing made sense to him and he couldn't seem to get it sorted out. That tended to happen when your world view gets destroyed before your very eyes in a way that you could not fully explain to someone or put into proper words. He still couldn't understand where he had been wrong...

It was okay though because he had nearly forever for him to figure out.

He still remembered though and he could not help but wonder if any of the ponies knew what the "elements of harmony" were. He originally thought them to be some kind of magic super weapon but after being on the receiving end of it, he was not sure anymore.

He leaned his head back in thought and though it was painful to do, he tried to recall what had happened that led to what might as well been death.


The trees were so small to him now! He could not help but roar with laughter as he stomped on them and used his stolen magic to burn the forest to the ground. as well as any obstacles that got in his way. A mountain that had been miles taller then him before was now only twice his size and all he had to use was a sliver of his magic to blast it into nothing but rubble.

Again his voice boomed with more laughter that echoed for miles as he used more of his magic to melt the rubble into lava. He couldn't stop laughing and it seemed to almost come out uncontrollably. He looked down at himself and he couldn't help but admire how far he had come, he had finally achieved his goals and now he could fix the world and get revenge on his brother for betraying him.

He snarled loudly at the thought of his brother Scorpan, a traitor who had decided to side with Equestria and help send him to Tartarus for a thousand years. They had been brothers, he had been weak! Why was it that when he had finally become strong enough to stand up for himself, he went against Tirek instead of work with him. As he grew angrier and angrier, the air around him started to become hotter and hotter until anything below him that wasn't burned to ashes already ignited. The flames licked at his waste and the lava pooled around his hooves as he growled while idly stomping his hoof into the ground which only helped to further break up the rocks, ash and debris below.

He was feeling angrier then he had in a very long time and he new just who to use it against...
He could not help but smile at his own cleverness and laugh a little more then necessary. He turned in the direction of what Everfree he had not yet destroyed and began his steady march towards the top of a stone ruin that he could see peeking above the trees, this had been the direction he had seen the six ponies as well as miserable draconeques head too no doubt searching for SOME way to stop him.

"Well they can try.." He said aloud, the flames momentarily growing brighter. He knew he had won but he WAS slightly interested to see what pathetic excuse for a plan they would hatch up to stop him.

When he had finished his march and stood near the castle or very far away for someone else simply because he was huge. When he moved to the entrance, he was met with six as he suspected, confident ponies and as he did not expect a still confident draconeques. He had expected discord to look hopeless because of him knowing there was nothing they could do to stop him. Something wasn't right though... he noticed that Discord was looking at him with a look he could not quite place...

Suddenly he understood. Discord believed he would lose and was confident in that despite the fact he was obviously unstoppable but why? Wait, how come they had magic? He could see now as he closed the distance that they had somehow gotten there color back and could walk normally again without dragging themselves.

Suddenly he felt very scared as the six of them started to levitate up to his eye level and glow with a white light with no signs of them using magic. In desperation he opened his mouth and inhaled, trying to steal what ever magic they had but to his shock he tasted nothing. Almost like there was no magic there in the first place, in desperation he tried using some of his stolen power to shoot flaming beams of light at them that could disintegrate solid rock near instantaneously. It appeared to fade almost out of existence right before it hit them and getting more desperate he did the same thing multiple times but only got the same results.

Realizing what was about to happen, he tried to yell for them to stop and blast them with even more of his magic. Suddenly their forms changed into something else but what ever it was he couldn't see it as the white light around them increased its volume tenfold. He tried to use his magic to scan or detect what was happening but it was already too late.

Time slowed to a halt as he saw the Rainbow beam of death move towards him. While it was true that it looked not at all menacing in itself being a rainbow, his stolen equestrian magic had told him many things about that beam in the few seconds before it had hit him that told otherwise.

In those few seconds where time stopped and the beam was shooting towards him, he had felt it.

Raw magical power... no not natural magic or any kind he was familiar with but the most powerful magic he had ever sensed in his entire life and he somehow knew ever existed. It was like feeling the sensation of having a omnipotent god look down on him and collapse the universe to the pin of a needle with him in the center, but not even that could comprehend it.
He had always wanted to be the most powerful creature to ever exist and to rule as things should have been, to rule in a way that made sense. What Equestria did made no sense, nothing made sense here. Even he could stand discord compared to the way everything was so stupid, inefficient and blind in Equestria.

But to fathom he was wrong and the knowledge of that no matter what he did or what happened in Equestria, they would forever be at the mercy of a magic that compared there world as a atom in the scope of the multiverse. He didn't even believe what he was sensing until it hit him. It was alive.

Time resumed speed and his world was white.

Author's Note:

This is my first fanfic ever and its about the musings of tyrek after being sent to tartarus as banishment. I know this story is utter garbage as it is made up of parts of around 3 different fanfics made into one. It took around a year to make because I did not really care about it and its my first one ever. Its so full of grammar issues that its painful to read even for me and I would LOVE it if you gave all the feedback you could on this.

Comments ( 8 )

Good story :twilightsmile:
But you mispelled Tirek’s name multiple times

9616141
Thanks! Unfortunately I think tirek keeps getting respelled because it isn't a real word, I am currently trying to fix that. If you see anything else like more spelling errors and badly made sentences then please tell me!

I liked this. You've got a knack for description and an introspective Tirek is a cool concept.
I know how stressful it can be to post your first story. And you're off to a good strong start errors and all. I'll keep an eye on you, I look forward to seeing more from you.

9621741
Thank you! I think this came off a little shorter then I was hoping but I think in the end it worked out. Im glad you liked it and it means a lot!

Oops I found a smol error

Suddenly there forms

The “there” should be a “their”
:twilightsmile:

9627218
Thank you for telling me! Also... have you been rereading my story?! Geez, I feel special!

You're aware that there are some grammar issues, so that's a good start. There are also some capitalization errors, especially with the names of places (Equestria, Tartarus, Everfree Forest etc. should all be capitalized). I also noticed right at the beginning you've got lines that contradict each other: You say that Tirek can hear Cerberus snuffling around outside his cage, then a sentence or two later you say that Cerberus is completely silent. There are groups devoted to proofreading stories, I'd recommend looking for someone to give this a once-over.

Honestly, this feels like it's just the beginning of what could be a very interesting story. Tirek's realization that the Elements of Harmony are alive and far more powerful than him is a great hook, but where does he go from there? Does he try to understand them, or does he just surrender to the idea that there are greater forces in the world? How does it all affect him?

9629041
Thank you! Those problems are now fixed and about it being a longer story... I can see what you mean but this was always going to be a short story.

Login or register to comment