• Published 19th Jun 2018
  • 288 Views, 2 Comments

Aeternitas Book II: Starry Eclipse - Shadowlight Wanderer



Continuation of the voyage through the realms and timelines. Join Doctor, Sunset Shimmer and Cutie Mark Crusaders during the confrontation that can change the face of the universe.

  • ...
 2
 288

Merging Worlds

Chapter 20

You will always be me, a Lord of Chaos...

What a beautiful ocean sapphire. What is Sweetie doing with it...

So better run crying to the Princess Celestia, cause this is our domain...

This is not a way Astelle, I know how this will end. Vengance cannot bring your heart to peace...

Everypony helps in the cause, the war against King Sombra and Crystal Empire...

I heard that it is hard to dance with a broken legs...

Careful Clarity, please...

Just piss off and leave me alone...

May this thousand winters swiftly pass I prey...

Are you good human or bad human ?...

You tried to run but you cannot outrun your own shadow...

So many voices and scenes. Kaleidoscopic lights, pressure, waves of heat and cold. Those were the feelings Doctor and the Crusaders experienced when they were falling (or rising, it was really hard to tell) between realities. Being on the edge of consciousness, Doctor recognized some of the universes they were passing by.

But the journey wasn't as easy as he thought. If they won't enter any reality in short time, they will be permanently damaged. He tried to spoke to his companions but he couldn't make a sound.

Then he noticed a big bubble of light. The distance began to decrease. Doctor tried to acknowledged what universe was that. He couldn't sense anything.

The pressure was starting to be unbearable.

Suddenly, when his body touched by the sphere's surface, Doctor felt a terrible pain. His muscles became loose and he felt the two fillies slipping away from his hooves and being blown away into the multiversial torment.

"Noooooooooooo!!!!!!" Doctor shouted soundlessly as the white light of the sphere consumed him.

*************************

"Wakie wakie Spike... wakie wakie"

In the tiny piece of matter floating between the universes, a large cage was situated. Inside the cage was lying a certain purple dragon. He was heavily beaten and had dried blood on his body.

Spike opened his eyes only to see a former king of the Crystal Empire grinning over him.

"So, how is my little spikey-wikey doing" he said in high pitched voice.

"Don't you dare call me that" roared Spike. A cascade of green flames exploded in Sombra's face.

Lord of Darkness tilted his head slightly and the flames was repelled by the wave of shadow.

The fireblast hit Spike. It couldn't kill him, he was fireproof. But the impact smashed him on to the ground. He gasped, breathing heavily.

Sombra lifted Spike with his magic.

"Really Spike, it is getting boring. When you understand that you can't beat me. You are really strong. But even that slight bit of me that is impressed has very limited patience."

Spike spill his burning saliva on Sombra's face. He shouldn't get so much on his nerves but he just couldn't calm himself down. Not after what Sombra showed him.

When Spike noticed that after Princesses departure girls started to act strange, he quietly sneaked out of the chamber to get some help. But then he was suddenly knocked out and fainted immediately. When he awoke he was at this darn cage. Surely, he was trying to escape. It was the moment of panic, confusion, anger and determination. He tried to bump into the bars, sneak between them, melt it with firebreath and even bite through them. Nothing seemed to be working.

So he was just waiting in that cage, like a total idiot, floating in kaleidoscopic space. He knew that his friends were in trouble and he was really worried about them. Especially about his beloved Rarity. Though over the years fashionista became much more tougher and stronger, Spike was worrying about any harm that may be caused to the mare he loved.

Since there was so much waiting after some time he fell asleep.

He really shouldn't have done that.

When he awoke, he was hanging over the void of twisting shapes and colours, full of mist and clouds. He looked up to see none other than that forsaken Sombra. He was playing with him above the edge.

Quickly turned out that Sombra didn't came around for chatting.

Spike was trying to resist but he was too weak from lack of food and sleep. He could not say how long he was locked out.

Sombra was very creative in a way of torturing him. Spike gave him some burns. But Sombra possessed healing magic and Spike didn't.

There was a moments when Sombra was getting bored with tortures and sit along with Spike in a safe distance, preventing him from attacking with his magic. He was just sitting and smiling.

"Why all of this is happening ? How are you even back ?" asked Spike, breathing heavily in of those "breaks"

Sombre chuckled

"My dear dragon, I am older than your civilisation. You really underestimate me, thinking that smashing me to pieces will stop me forever. I came through much worse. But I have to tell you one thing..." he moved closer to Spike and got close to his ear. Spike shivered but he couldn't do a thing.

Suddenly, Sombra yelled

"THAT REALLY HURT!!!"

He smacked Spike across the face.

Sombra was standing over Spike, breathing heavily

"I said it wasn't fatal. I didn't said there was no pain. That's right Spike, I have an unfinished business with you. If it wasn't for you, Princess Cadence would never used the power of that forsaken Crystal Heart to destroy me. I waited so long to teach you some lesson, oooooohhh yeeeeeesssss!! That's the reason my.... friend allow me to keep you here. Besides, we wouldn't want you interfering with our plan. You are one of the keys."

"Keys ? Keys to what ?" Spike's eyes widened.

Sombra growled

"Yeah, cause I am going to tell you right away. We will see each other again for another round very soon Spike.

He turned into a shadow and faded away.

And now he was back

"You remember what I showed you Spike ? How does it feel nothing that you are completely useless and can't save your friends ? Sombra hissed, throwing Spike into the cage's bars.

Spike smiled weakly

"I-I learned th-that lesson some time ago. In a comic book. I will never let my friends down and even if that whole hexagram thingy was true, I will not rest until I save them and free from your curse"

Sombra's eyes lightened up

"That's so sweet. Unfortunately, soon you won't have anypony to save. The pocket dimension will collapse with them"

"You are bluffing"

"DO I REALLY LOOK LIKE A PONY WHO BLUFFS TO YOU???!!!!"

"Well...not exactly, no"

Sombra levitated a small orb of dark energy

"Thank you for sorting that out. Now, to assure you, I will show you"

Orb was filled out by images. A blue box, four ponies facing an alicorn with a mane made out of flames and the void consuming all on its way.

Spike gasped

"Those are the Cutie Mark Crusaders. What are they doing up there ? What have you done to them, you bastard ???!!!"

Sombra shook his head

"That wasn't my doing. But don't worry. Your little friends and the Time Lord will find a quiet peaceful death, that they don't deserve it at all. And even if they somehow manage to survive..."

He lifted Spike's head with his hoof

"We have you, little Spikey-poo. If they survive, they will come for you. And then" he laughed loudly "well, it won't be a pleasant way to die"

"You are a one psychotic freak. I am not worth it, I won't let them come if that will mean risking their lives. Wait...did you said...the Time Lord ?"

Sombra ignored Spike's last question

"Our dear friend Luna gave me some information during playtime. One of the Crusaders has a very good reason to go back for you. And with her will go all the rest. Just face it Spike, your friends are finished. There is no hope for you anymore."

"I won't forgive you for what have you done to my friends. Especially to Rarity."

"Well, it wasn't very hard to get to her. But I will tell you, I admire your gust. She is quite a scre-"

Spike finally managed to break through Sombra's spell and his fist landed on umbrum's jaw. Sombra was thrown to cage's wall. He arised, phosphorescing, purple blood streaming down his lips.

"what do you know? Little, filthy reptile has some punch!"

Spike kept staring at Sombra with a fury in his eyes

"If what you did to Rarity is true, I will make you pay for this. She is the mare I love and I will do anything to keep her safe. I will avenge her if needed and when I get out of here, you will be in big trouble. Nothing will stop me "

Sombra snarled and spilt on the floor

"I would like to see that"

Then he disappeared

Spike slowly put his claws on his closed eye

"We have a deal"

*************************************

Silence, nothingness, blackness

Doctor was floating in the emptiness. His thoughts were slowly materialising inside of his head.

"Where am I ? Is this death ?" questions were slowly filling his mind.

Then he felt familiar rhythm

Bum, bum, bum, bum

bum, bum, bum, bum

Doctor was terrified for a moment. Could he be here too ?!

But then he realised that the sensation was coming from his chest, not from his mind.

It was only his hearts. They were barely beating but the pulse remained. That was good.

Then Doctor felt the touch of cold stone under his hands, lying straight along with the body and felt mixture of smells that was somehow... familiar.

Through the veil of darkness started to come some distorted sounds. Sounded like the sounds made by some kind of vehicles. It sounded like a street in rush hour on Earth.

Then in the void slowly materialised a tiny spot of red colour. It grew with every beat of Doctor's hearts. It was slowly growing until in its centre materialised a circle of white light . They both grew until the white light clarified itself. The Doctor regained his sight.

He saw a white patches of clouds on a bright, blue sky. Doctor was lying on the ground, staring at the sky until the red edges of his vision disappeared.

He slowly tried to rise. His body protested, every muscle was burning and was reacting very slowly. Putting enormous effort, he managed to sit.

Doctor looked around. He was sitting near the marble statue picturing a majestic stallion. Behind the monument there was a trafficked city road and in front of the statue... was a large horizontal building in a shade of purple with huge entrance and a latter C in form of a horseshoe.

Doctor's eyes widened.

From all of the various universes, he crashed into that specific one...that meant...

He looked down at his body and slowly spread fingers of his hands. Huge grin formed on his face

He was a humanoid again.

"Yeeeeeees!!!!" Doctor screamed in excitment, examining his body " Two legs, two arms, still thin, same teeth, bad wrists...everything on its place. I even have my coat back." He looked at very long, light brown trench coat.

"This just unbelievable ! Fantastic ! Girls, just look at..." he searched for the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Then his face slowly turned into a mask of fear and horror.

Applebloom and Scootaloo were nowhere in sight. They didn't make it with him.

Doctor clenched his fists and screamed in frustration. Now he remembered. They were separated, blown away just before he crushed here. He didn't understand why it happened. He hold them very tightly. This sounded like a big cosmic joke, just for him.

But the fate chose wrong Time Lord.

"I swear I will find you ! You and Sweetie Belle. I promised Sweetie Belle and blessed her but you two were thrown into the unknown without any protection. I should be more careful. I don't know what is going on with me lately but there is no time for being pathetic. I will find you no matter when or where you are. I am so tired of losing people I care about. No more" muttered the Doctor, drying his eyes.

He tried to get up. His body exploded with pain but he slowly got up.

Doctor fell on his arms almost instantly

"No, no, vertical now!!! vertical!!!" he yelled to himself.

He started to slowly walk in Canterlot High's direction. His legs were still a bit shaky, but he had a certain advantage of being in a human body before. Twilight told him once about the her first visit in this reality.

Doctor looked around and put his tongue outside of his mouth, tasting the air.

"Yes, the period of time is correct. But what now ? Shall I look for my-aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!"

He fell to the ground, clenching his chest. He wanted to believe that was just a clumsiness, effect of being a pony for two years. But it was a lot worse.

"Aiiiii...my hearts... only one of them is beating... this is bad really bad. That landing must have been more damaging than I thought" said the Doctor, fighting for air. " I need some assistance. I must find my TARDIS."

He looked at the another side of the road. Then he located required object. He smiled weakly.

"Luckily, I know just the girl who will understand where I am coming from"

**********************

"I must admit Pinkie Pie, this cupcakes are simply divine" said Rarity, cleaning her lips with a napkin.

"Thanks Rarity. I was making them whoooooole morning especially for you. I used my super, duper, extra secret ingredient." screamed Pinkie Pie

Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Sunset Shimmer were sitting by a table in a Sugar Cube Corner cafeteria. They were enjoying the cupcakes made by Pinkie Pie and discussed recent events that occurred in Canterlot High

"Are you sure that we can't help you find a way to protect the Friendship Games from outside magic ?" quietly asked Fluttershy, handing a cup with tea to Sunset Shimmer

"Yeah, I have all covered. " Sunset giggled nervously " You can count on me ! I won't fail...you..." she started to play with her long, red and yellow hair.

"This is heck of an important thin'. We told ya how those..." Applejack hesitated for a moment "fellas from Crystal Prep are about winnin'. They will use any chance to prove that we are cheatin'. We have to beat 'em in the name of the school."

"Yes AJ, I got that. I am sure that after Rainbow's motivational speech we have enough strength to beat them. I mean, we have you guys and you are the best " Sunset winked to her friends.

"No no darling, we should not exaggerate " smiled Rarity

Rainbow Dash coughed out loud. The cough sounded strangely familiar to " drama queen".

Fashionista turned her head to athlete.

"What was that ? "

Rainbow blushed slightly.

"It was just... this cupcakes. I need to get a drink. Did you have any of that super delicious apple cider ? " she looked at Applejack with hope emanating from her cerise eyes.

"How can I say this... no !" shouted Applejack " I know ya. When ya starts drinkin', cider disappears so quickly that before I know it, I had to hold ya on yer way back home" the farmer leaned closer to Rainbow, her green eyes lightened up with a mixture of humour and irritation " If y'are goin' to puke on the back seat of my brother's car, I swear..."

Rainbow Dash chuckled

"Bring it on, apple girl"

Applejack shouted "That's it" and jumped on the rainbow-haired athlete. Rainbow screamed and tried to free herself but landed on the floor with Applejack on top of her.

"Now Rainbow, I won..."

Suddenly, she was Rainbow managed to free herself. One quick spin and Applejack was on the bottom. Rainbow grinned and winked to Applejack.

"You were saying ?"

But in that moment, Rarity let out a gentle cough

"Ekhm, I am really sorry to interrupt this sweet... bonding of yours, but we have a matter of great importance right here. We have to discuss a strategy for the Games and... our dresses for tomorrow's pre-Games Gala " Rarity's eyes lightened up during the last part."

Sunset nodded in agreement.

"Rarity is right. We have lot of things to talk about."

Pinkie Pie searched for something in her hair and pulled it out. It was a chart filled with symbols of cupcakes, hearts and smiley faces.

"My very precise calculations are telling me that there is always a tie" she addressed the pair, who just took their places by the table.

"SHUT UP !!!" Rainbow and Applejack screamed in unison " YOU KNOW THAT WE HATE THIS WORD !!!"

Pinkie giggled

"Oh sillies, it means that you are so super extra enormously incredibly good at everything that you are equal. As friends. Isn't it just great !" Pinkie bounced in excitement.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

"All right, forget it. Back to Crystal Prep. So here is the plan..."

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie screamed loudly

Fluttershy leaned to her friend

"Oh my, Pinkie are you all right ?" whispered timid girl

Pinkie Pie's eyes were narrowing and widening and her whole body was shivering. Suddenly, it stopped and everything was back to normal"

"Pinkie darling, whatever is the matter" asked Rarity.

"It is my Pinkie sense. It was a warning about...about..." Pinkie was thinking for a while. Then she squealed and grinned widely " It said: look out for segways"

"Guys..." whispered Fluttershy, pointing at the street outside of the cafeteria's window.

"There is a combo-alert about segways ?" Sunset asked in disbelief

"Duh, they are very dangerous things so I memorized that" replied Pinkie Pie

Sunset looked like she had several question but finally she decided not to share them with others.

"Guys !" Fluttershy was now glued to the window.

"Segways are dangerous ? Please, sometimes my Tank is faster than them"

"Being fast is not always a quality of potential, Rainbow Dash" Rarity brushed her hair

"But.."

"GUYS!!!" screamed Fluttershy. Other girls finally turned in her direction, visibly shocked. It was out of Fluttershy's character to scream, especially so loudly.

Fluttershy pointed out of the window. Five of her friends looked in showed direction and their jaws dropped.

"R-R-Rainbow. Maybe y'are goin' to rethink the idea of slow segway..." Applejack said, disturbed and frightened.

Dash was in the greatest shock of them all and managed to say only

"Aaaaahh haaaaaa huh..."

On the road there was a man riding on a segway. He was going in Sugar Cube Corner's direction and the distance was decreasing by each second. It would not be so surprising if not one detail.

The segway was going 50 km/h

"He is going to crash" shouted Sunset. And she was not wrong.

When the segway rolled onto pedestrian area, it fell over and young man was catapulted into the air. His flight was stopped by the window and he crashed with it with a loud BAM.

Six girls were stunned as they watched man slowly slipping down the glass. He had brown, spiky hair and wore very long, light brown trench coat and a shirt with a tie. Even from the angle they were looking at him, girls could say that he was very thin and tall. But that was all they could observe before he fell back to the ground outside.

Sunset was first to came into senses.

"We have to check on him" she commanded, running outside.

The rest of the group followed her quickly.

Man in a trench coat was lying there, motionless. He got some bruises on his face but beside that, there was no cuts or external damages. His limbs were spread in cardinal directions.

"What just happened ?..." Rarity put her hands to her mouth.

"Maybe it was delivery guy that wanted to serve us more cupcakes" Pinkie was closely examining a stranger.

"I don't think so Pinkie. But I don't know where he came from. It all happened so quickly...Even I would not outrun that segway. They are not supposed to move that fast, right ?" Rainbow Dash twisted her head.

Sunset smiled weakly

"They are most certainly not." Sunset turned to Fluttershy, who was now checking on the young man " Fluttershy, is he all right ?"

"It appears like it " Fluttershy answered hesitantly " But... there is something wrong with his pulse if I can say that."

"Oh darling, man has a different heart rate than most of the animals that you take care of. Besides, any of us would have a bizarre pulse after crashing with a window" Rarity reassured Fluttershy

"But... I think..." Fluttershy muttered quietly.

Applejack shook her head and looked at Rarity

"Fluttershy is righ', sugar. There is somethin' odd about him. No man could survive crash with this speed with just some scratches"

"W-Who are you calling a man ?" weak voice came from below.

All the girls looked at the young man who opened his eyes. There were brown, matching his hair.

Fluuttershy quickly tried to comfort him

"You are safe now. You had an accident but we found you and we are not going to rest until you will be in good hands in hospital"

Brown eyes widened instantly

"NOOOOO!!!! Not the hospital, that technology is rubbish it would only hurt me more. I had more important things to do..."

Then the girls watched in amazement as man rose up and stretched, hissing with pain.

"Amazin' " whispered Applejack

"How don't you have anything broken ?" asked Sunset

"With my skeleton structure ? Please..." stranger turned to Sunset and he froze in shock " Are you by chance...Sunset Shimmer ?"

"Yeeeeeessssss..." Sunset answered slowly

Strange man reached his hand in her direction

"Miss Shimmer, I am terribly sorry for the circumstances but I must insist for you to help me. I don't have much time before- ghhhhhh!!!" he clenched his chest on right side

"Is there something with your heart ? " asked Rainbow Dash.

Applejack facepalmed

"How do ya want to better than me in biology ? Heart is on the left side, not right."

Man was still addressing Sunset

"My name is the Doctor. I need to speak with you Sunset Shimmer. Your world is going to be in a terrible danger but I need assistance if I want to save it" he turned to Rainbow Dash " And Miss Skittles is right. There is something wrong with my heart. Also, I am afraid that the crashes might overload the synaptic transference so... bacon"

Girls blinked and shook their heads

"What ? " asked Sunset

Doctor's eyes were distant and he was smiling widely. Too widely

"Why do you have a bacon on your head ?"

Sunset blushed and replied with a tone of anger

"It's my hair !!!"

Doctor started spinning around, singing

"Sunny cakes ! Sunny, sunny shimmercakes!!!"

Then he shook his head and when he looked at Sunset once again, his eyes were conscious.

"I had a little medical problem, I can't stop myself. But under any circumstances don't bring me to a doctor, I just need to rest. Oh, and don't come too close. I need you, Sunset Shimmer. I came from... gaaaaaahhh!!!"

His body folded and he exhaled a cloud of golden mist.

Sunset carefully moved towards the Doctor.

Then the Doctor jumped up, his body vibrating with adrenaline

"Who wants to dance ? I want to dance !!!" He started jumping around, laughing hysterically. He then turned to girls " Shmarity ! Skittles ! Sprinkle Pie ! Jackleapp ! Shutterfly ! Seafood Dinner !"

Rainbow Dash frowned

"Okay, this is freaky. Can I just make him faint again ?"

Sunset slightly hit Rainbow on her head

"Rainbow, he said that he has a problem. It is probably in shock after the accident. I am worried about him"

"Yeah but he keeps calling me Skittles"

Applejack giggled

"This is the only thin' with sense that he said"

Doctor started crying and was now screaming out loud

"Bake my muffins ! Please bake me some muffins !!!"

He looked at Rarity and smiled

"Muffins with a beautiful marshmallow toping"

An then he fell on the ground and passed out.

Six girls waited for a moment, then approached unconscious Doctor.

"What are we going to do with him ?" asked Rainbow Dash

Sunset thought for a moment and then answered

"I have a feeling... that we can trust him. From his words I think...I think that he is not from this world"

Pinkie looked closer at the Doctor and gasped

"Oh I know , I know. He is a Time Lord from planet Gallifrey, located in a constellation of Casterborus. He is an ancient alien creature who can travel in time. He was stuck in Equestria but he must run away because of evil Princess Celestia and he lost his companions and he needs your help, Sunset, to restore them from certain doom and save the world. hyyyyyyyypp!!!" Pinkie Pie said in one breath.

" I really don't think that's it...how did you even know that ? " asked Sunset

"Just a hunch" smiled Pinkie

Sunset nodded and looked at unconscious Doctor

"Well then, whoever he is we must move him to some safe place. My house is nearby...Maybe he can rest there until he recovers."

Fluttershy gasped

"I-I am truly sorry to say this... but Sunset, you should not invite strangers into your house. You did not even know him."

Sunset bit her lip

"I know...but something tells me he can be trusted. He came all the way up here just to talk with me. Although his motivations are a bit..." she searched for a word" unclear, I think I will listen to him when he awakes. Besides...he looks slightly familiar... I don't know why...but anyway, we must move him. Somebody can help me ? "

There was a moment of silence and then...

"I can help !" said the voice behind Sunset

Sunset turned around to see Rarity, waving to her

"Rarity ? You want to help me with him ?"

"Yes darling. I will offer you my assistance with that poor guy"

Rainbow Dash clapped her hands

"Well, this is just great. We will see you around. Gotta go do something...something awesome" she grabbed Fluttershy and Applejack by the hands and start running, dragging them away with incredible speed

Applejack managed to shout

"We will meet at yer place Sunset"

before they disappeared around the corner.

Pinkie Pie looked at Rarity and Sunset

"I will take our treats from cafeteria and later, I will throw a big "get better" party for this fellow. Lalalalala..." she said, bouncing away.

Sunset grabbed Doctor under his arms

"Rarity, can you please pull him up by his legs ?"

"Of course"

"On three. One...two...three !!!"

Rarity and Sunset pulled the Doctor up and started carrying him down the street, to the Sunset's house.

"Well, it is certainly good that his so thin." said Sunset quietly

"Yes, that coat wouldn't fit a rat" Rarity let out a small giggle.

Sunset looked at Rarity and smiled

"Oh, I know that look..."

Rarity put a most genuine face she can managed

"Whatever do you mean ? "

"You like him, don't you"

Rarity almost dropped the Doctor, but she managed to calm herself. She turned away to hide her blush.

"Don't be ridiculous darling. I was simply...admire his style of clothing, that's all"

"Sure. And you volunteered to assist me to stare at clothes... You liked that part about marshmallow toping, didn't you ? "

"Well, I am a fashion designer. It would not be weird that I wanted to look at his wardrobe. And my carnation is nothing to do with it... he was delirious, it was not intended." said Rarity, shadow covering her vibrant blue eyes and smile

"Rarity, I just don't want to get hurt. From what I heard, your previous crushes were...well, jerks. Blueblood, Trenderhoof..."

Rarity suddenly stopped

"Are you by chance questioning my sense of style and beauty ?" she asked, anger flashing in her eyes.

"No, no, I didn't mean it..."Sunset quickly replied

"Lovely. Don't worry Sunset, I am a strong and independent girl. But thanks for your care. You are a very good friend. Besides, they were kinda jerkish".

Sunset winked to Rarity

"Well, he is kind of hunky. Not my type, but still...keep on walking, my house is not so far..."