• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 472 Views, 26 Comments

Many Moons Ago - Kunama Windrider



Luna needs friends. But instead she finds love.

  • ...
4
 26
 472

Meeting Midnight

Luna sighed as she stepped outside Fluttershy's Cottage to raise the moon. She concentrated deeply on the moon as she raised it high into the sky, where it would begin its course. She was going to head inside when a whisper distracted her.

"Luna, princess of my heart, come!" Glancing around wildly, Luna thought she saw a shadow. She looked down the hill and saw lily pad green eyes gazing up at her. Backtracking, she called to Twi and 'Shy.

"I'm goin' out to enjoy the night-time breeze!' she told Twilight and Flutters. She darted out into the garden and flew down to to meet Moonie.


"Sorry I couldn't make cakes earlier-I mean, meet your gummy-oh, this is no use," wailed Luna as she tried to talk to him. Moonie smiled emphatically. Luna suddenly thought of something.

"Forgive me for my despicable... um, whatever it is, but may I ask you this: why me?" Luna asked, desperate to know. Moonie looked up at the moon. He seemed to ponder for a long time.

"I assume you've heard the Rarity story?" he questioned. His voice was light and not as deep as many stallions'. It was midway between the average mare and the average stallion's voice. It surprised Luna, admittedly. She nodded, in answer to his question. "I was staring out at the moon, the whole time," he continued. "I was...waiting for your return." Luna's chest fluttered.

"Why me?" she asked. "And how did you know I would return?" Moonie looked slightly embarrassed.

"This part is ever so confusing," he warned her, "so please tell me if something doesn't make sense." He began:

"I can't really explain it, but it just felt right that you would return. It made sense. And even as a colt, I was drawn to the night, like a squirrel to nuts, or, indeed, Rarity to a beautiful fabric. When you disappeared, a sense of wrongness fell over the nights. And every day until you raised the moon again, it felt unnatural.

"Before you say anything," he said, noticing Luna mouth opening slightly, "the mares and fillies, and what I said and did, it was to drive them off. I was waiting for you, and you alone. And then the final thing happened to pull the straw. The night you returned, two years ago now, I got my cutie mark. And then I knew exactly what my life was and most of all, whoit was for." He looked into Luna's eyes. She melted, unknowing, into his fathomless, lily pad green eyes.

"It was for you."

The words melted into the breeze, rippling down Luna's ears. Her heart rejoiced. Me! For me! And, forgetting everything except Moonie, she leaned in, and sealed her fate.

Author's Note:

This chapter may seem rushed in Luna's meeting with Moonie, and I'm sorry if it is, but you know, it's my story and I'm all for critisicm as long you're not all, "You did this wrong, so this story is totally worthless" or mean.

Update!: I feel so awful formaking you wait so long.I am a total idiot. Enjoy the romance now, and to come.