• Published 4th Dec 2017
  • 419 Views, 1 Comments

Little moments can be big moments - StarGalaxy Offical



Songbird Serendae goes over to Ponyville to spend Hearts Warming. But she also wants to see an old friend she remembers.

  • ...
 1
 419

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash

"Today was a total breeze!" Songbird replied landing on the balcony opening the door which lead to her chambers. Songbird was happy that she was able to fit in somewhere instead for her to make friends because of her fame, but the main thing for Songbird was that she had a good day. She decied to hit the hay early so she could do a bit more then she did today, and she could do them tomorrow.

Hours had passed, Songbird couldn't get to sleep. Why can't I freaking get to sleep?! Songbird thought of hitting herself with her pillow that was wrapped around her legs.

I think I'm having those dreams again before my fame, maybe I can ask someone out of Pinkies friends! Which one though? Rainbow Dash I think she's not all sappy, Rarity I think maybe? AppleJack she is a family pony and maybe would help me, Fluttershy is sweet and kind probably she will or Twilight. Twilights the Princess of Friendship maybe it would be best going to her first. You know Twilight does sound familiar to me. Songbird picked up an old photo when she was a filly in Canterlot with a violet unicorn filly with a dark blue sapphire mane with two streaks of purple and pink with dark purple eyes. That looks exactly like the Twilight here?! YOU MEAN!!! I think some sleep would do for the night. Songbird shut her eyes and entered her dream world dropping her photo on the floor.


The sun rays shot through Songbirds window early in the morning to wake the pale lime mare up but the thing is, there was no pale lime mare in her bed. She was sitting on the couch looking at her photo with Twilight. She couldn't get that thought out of her head or could she, forgetting about her foalhood friend seemed pretty important to her before moving over to Manehattan in her teen years, going there to make her dream come true. Years later going over to her present home Rainbow Falls. Songbird had enough lying around and decied to brush her mane so ponies could actually see her dark sapphire eyes.


The streets were filled with lights and holiday cheer. Songbird thought that this was more active then Rainbow Falls dose for Xmas, but it can be great in Rainbow Falls. She went over to the building that had a chocolate roof top covered in white snow with a birthday cake at the top and at the bottom a pink door with a walls that looked like waffles.

"Morning Songbird, breakfast?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Yes please, are you the only one here today?" Songbird asked while taking a seat.

"So far yes, no pony comes at this time in the cold." Pinkie Pie replied walking over to the kitchen, suddenly she had an idea. "I've got an idea, since your my friend do you wanna help me in the kitchen you know for breakfast? I haven't had any too."

"Sure, I think I can do that." Songbird replied going with Pinkie Pie to the kitchen.

"Ok what to make, what to make?" Songbird mummbled to herself. "How about waffles?"

Pinkie Pie nodded her head in agreement. "That sounds toasty!"

"Great! I know a really good recipe I learned when I was young, do you want me to show you?"

"Yes please! I really like learning new recipes." Pinkie said. Songbird started to read out the ingredients. 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 table spoons of white sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of warm milk, 1/3 butter melted, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a dab of lemon zest and lemon juice. She read aloud the process into making the waffles, Pinkie Pie was mixing and adding things to the mixture. Once it was ready they got the waffles out of the waffle iron and finished it with presentation.

"Looks delicious, I call dibs on first bite!" Pinkie Pie responded. She took the first bit on the ready made waffle on her plate. It tasted a bit lemony and waffly in her words but the flavours were right the texture and everything was perfect. Songbird took a bite of the waffle, it tasted just how she made it before.

"I have to say it taste good Songbird. Looks like we have something in common, baking!" Pinkie Pie said while eating the rest of the waffles. Songbird giggled and ate the rest of her breakfast. She went of for the day and wanted to find Rainbow Dash.


I swear she said she lived in a cloud home or something like that. Songbird thought of. She looked for half an hour and finally found the place, Songbird was relieved she had finally found the cloud mansion. She knocked on the door to see if anypony was home. She heard crashing nosies coming from upstairs, she wondered if something was going on.

"Derpy, look I told you put the mail in the MAIL BOX!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

"Is this a bad time then?" Songbird replied.

"Oh Songbird--" Rainbow Dash saw the pony at the door. "I am so sorry, I thought you were somepony I knew who's pretty annoying."

"Thats ok, I was wondering if you wanna hang?" Songbird asked.

"Sure I'm open for the whole day but not tomorrow. Oh I could show you one of my favourite places in Ponyville, follow me!" Rainbow Dash replied flying. Songbird caught up to Rainbow Dash at ease. "Hm your pretty fast aren't ya?"

"I'm working on my flying, I like fast flying not to slow."

"Thats like me as well." Rainbow Dash replied. A couple of minutes later they reached to Rainbow Dashes favourite destination's, Ghastly Gorge. Songbird looked at the place, she knew about Ghastly Gorge and always wanted to try it but never knew what was in there.

"So this is the place huh?"

"Yup! Its usually where I train, I decied who my pet would be there."

"you mean that turtle you talked about yesterday?"

"Tortoise, and yea I kinda got into an accident but I've kept doing this but trust me its completely safe." This mares crazy, Songbird thought of.

"How about a race? Loser has to buy some good Alcoholic Rainbow." Rainbow Dash betted on.

"Deal, 321Go!" Songbird left Rainbow Dash in her dust.

"Hm tricky mare," Rainbow Dash flew of. Songbird was in the lead so far but eventually Rainbow Dash passed her in a flash. Songbird was able to catch up to her but as the tunnel that was filled with an air current out of nowhere she slowed down. Once Songbird passed the tunnel she was finally able to catch up to Rainbow. She passed her quickly and raced towards the finish line and won.

"D-did I w-win?" Songbird asked catching her breath.

"I can't believe it. Have you flown through here before?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Nope!" Songbird answered. Rainbow Dash was shocked that she was a Wonderbolt ad a popstar just bet her in a race. "Well what was that bet again? Loser buys alcoholic rainbow. I'll take one bottle, I'll share with you."

"Fine," Rainbow Dash mummbled. The two had a laugh and went over to the pub to get a alcoholic rainbow.

***

"This stuff just gets better and better," Songbird replied after taking another sip.

"You know it, cheers!" Rainbow Dash and Songbird held there glasses and bought them with each other. At the meantime, the two were enjoying the drink by Ponyville's lake just as two friends. Rainbow Dash said to Songbird she'd love to stay longer but she needed to tidy up her home because she had a guest coming over for hearts warming. Songbird agreed and let her go, she had offered Rainbow to take the drink they shared but Rainbow said that Songbird could keep it. They both said there goodbyes and went of to do something else.

"So what now? I could go visit Rarity since she's around here?"

Author's Note:

Thats it for chapter 2. That waffle bit, I'm pretty sure I wanted waffles for breakfast or does it look like waffles. (Well to the author anyways). I'm also writing my recipe I use for breakfast, I do add lemon to give it a little bit of taste. Also with the alcoholic thing, it was the one time and it would not pop up again in any other chapter in the whole story so please don't comment about it and that doesn't mean it should be rated teen because it never will be. Anyway Chapter 3 should come out soon but I will post Chapter 2 on "A Flashlight Xmas" first before I publish Chapter three on "Little moments"

Comments ( 1 )

That art for the beginning on this chapter really suited it.

Login or register to comment