• Published 14th Dec 2017
  • 485 Views, 2 Comments

Trail of Dinky - reader8363



Dinky is not like any other pony, and the last two days weren't that great for her

  • ...
 2
 485

Trail of Dinky

Dinky was sitting down at her desk reading a book with her tail sitting on her lap, when Diamond Tiara and her friends came over and said, “I don't see why Miss Cheerilee allows a monster like you to be able to attend school, you should belong in the Everfree forest or maybe Tartarus.” miss Cheerilee had to step out for something, so Diamond can get away with bullying her.

Dinky looked up and said, “I'm not a monster, I’m a filly like you.” but that seemed to fuel the fire.

Diamond laughed and said, “Of course you're a monster, I know ponies don't have spikes on their tail and streaks that look like they crying blood.”

This time, Dinky was on the verge of crying, until Sweetie and her friends stepped in front of Dinky and said, “it doesn't matter what they look like to be considered monsters. Take Discord for example, he's not a pony, but he's good, mostly.”

Diamond was about say something, but Miss Cheerilee walked in and told everyone to get back in their seats. Diamond glared at them and headed back to their seat.

After school, Dinky had her head down from getting bullied by the other ponies. Sweetie and her friends stood up for her, but the words cut deep in her. Her friends would walk with her, but they had some stuff to do. When she got home, Derpy was laying on the couch from flying around Ponyville. She looked up as the door open and said as she wrapped her wing around Dinky, “Was school bad today?” Dinky looked up and nodded, then she told her mother about what happened. Derpy added as she wiped the tears away, “Your friends and I don't see you as a monster and I'll always be here for you whenever you need someone.”

Dinky looked up and smiled, then she said as she hugged Derpy, “Thanks, mom.”

Derpy rubbed the filly’s head and said as she got off the ground, “Come on, I'll go make some dinner while you go clean up.” Dinky nodded and headed up the stairs to the bathroom. After she washed up, she headed downstairs to the dining area to have soup for dinner.

After Dinky and Derpy joked and laughed during dinner, Derpy took Dinky to bed and said as she tucked her in, “Good night, my little monster, and have some pleasant dreams.” As she was walking out of the room, she smiled at the small filly that was curled up in bed and flicked the light off.

The next day, Dinky was walking to school, smiling and humming a tune to herself, but unbeknownst to her, she was swinging her tail back and forth. Her tail picked up a small rock and threw it at a small plank of wood that was holding a window open. The plank of wood fell out and the window landed on an earth pony’s neck. The pony screamed, but it couldn't carry far, and only Dinky was able to hear it. She quickly hurried over and tried lifting it with magic, but it was heavy and resistant to being moved, then she gave up on using magic and started trying to push it up. The pony went limp, but she still kept trying. Another scream called out, she turned to see Lyra standing there. Dinky hopped off and said, “It’s not what it looks.” Lyra’s scream brought others to see what was going on. Most of them cried or screamed, while the rest glared at her accusingly, and she could have sworn that she saw Diamond smirking like she was correct. That was when guards came.

Dinky sat on the bench outside the court, while listening to the judge and the defendant talking about what happened and what to do with the creature outside, when she heard someone calling her name. She looked up to see her mother running over to her. She hopped off the bench and ran over to her mom, where she was wrapped up in a squeezing hug as she told her mother that it was an accident.

After a few minutes, Derpy smiled at her and said as she wiped the tears away, “I know you didn't mean to. You are my daughter after all.” She let go of her, lead her back to the bench and went to sit down next to her when she bumped into a pole, making it fall into the doorway. Then the banging on the door started. The pole held the door in place, but cracks started to appear in the door. Derpy added as her ears flattened, “Guess we better run before we both head to jail or worse for you.” She picked up Dinky and flew out of the courthouse and over Ponyville before she knew what was happening.

They arrived at the Everfree Forest when Derpy let her go, then she said as they looked for a spot to hide in, “Like I said, I'll always be here for you.” Dinky smiled and started hopping next to her mother as they looked for a spot.

After searching for a while, they came across a giant tree with the base cleaned out. They cleaned it up, so they had more room inside and got ready for bed. They made a deal that they would find some food in the morning, but they'll need their energy to do so. Dinky looked down for a moment and said, “That pole, did you bump into it on purpose?”

Derpy chuckled and said as she kissed Dinky on the forehead, “It was an accident, like yours. Good night, my little monster.” Then she walked over to the opening and covered the entrance to the hole, so that no pony would suspect a thing, that they aren't disturbed, and so that sunlight doesn’t filter into the hole. She slowly moved over to Dinky’s side and curled around her as she draped her wing over the little filly.

Comments ( 2 )

Cute! Dinky, you aren't a monster but a cute, adorable filly a mother could ask for.

And very nice cover!

Login or register to comment