• Published 3rd Dec 2017
  • 4,817 Views, 142 Comments

Heart of the Force - fluttershyfan17



In the midst of Order 66, Jedi Knight Kaleb Taymar is transported to Equestria. Starting a new life, he becomes friends with the Main 6. However, the Force has awakened in Equestra, and their lives will never be the same.

  • ...
9
 142
 4,817

Chapter 3: Arrival in Ponyville

Kaleb had already awoken and was stretching by the time the small alarm clock on his bedside table went off. Walking over to the small bathroom, he stepped into the shower, letting the water and steam soak into his muscles. Dressed in the same tunic and robe, he grabbed the bag and reluctantly hooked the lightsaber to his belt. Following the sentry who waited at the door, Kaleb found himself in a small study on the ground floor, with green walls and a desk and bookcases made of oak. A small window let in sunlight, and Celestia stood waiting, walking over to him with a smile.

“I thought you would appreciate something to go,” she greeted him, handing a travel cup of coffee with the steam rising high. Kaleb took the cup with a thankful nod, sipping the beverage and looking around the room. Celestia turned her attention to the bookcase on the left, slanting a volume on its spine. The creaking of hidden mechanisms was audible throughout the space. Finally, the bookcase became a door and swung open, revealing a stone incline leading into darkness.

“Of course there’s a secret passage,” Kaleb remarked with both surprise and sarcasm. He followed her into the passage, the door closing in behind them.

From there it was a slow walk down an incline until the hit the main passageway, with both of them holding onto the handrails. Once they hit the main passageway, Celestia guided the way through the labyrinth of tunnels, each with a weathered look that had been carved out of the rock. Although Kaleb was slightly comforted by the lanterns hanging on the walls, it did not help his claustrophobia. They walked in silence for a while before Celestia turned to him.

“Kaleb, are you alright?" Celestia asked as they walked, looking concerned. "You seem tense."

“I’m fine, I’m just not too fond of dark tunnels or tight spaces. How long do these tunnels go on for anyway?” Kaleb asked, trying not to hit his head on the low ceiling.

Celestia thought for a few seconds and replied. “I believe in total it’s about eighty miles. These tunnels were built early on as mines for the precious gemstones. After the supply was exhausted, the mines were sealed but the tunnels were kept open as escape routes in case of an emergency with new ones being built over time. Canterlot had been attacked before, so it only made sense. There are various entrances stretching across the city. Our city rests on a mountainside, so they lead downward out of the mountain.”

Kaleb nodded. “Having an escape route is always a good idea. I noticed there aren’t any maps or signs on the walls. How do you not get lost in here?”

“It’s difficult to make out, but there are arrows on the walls which are color coded to match entryways,” Celestia explained while looking ahead. “Ah, we’re here.”

They stopped at a smaller entrance with a wooden door with a red train painted on. With what appeared to be a secret knock, the door opened and Kaleb moved forward. The train station was mostly empty except for a few ponies who were sleeping on cushioned benches or reading the newspaper. The janitor looked at Kaleb for a second than went on cleaning the floor. Light was streaming through the windows, reflecting on the shiny floor. Celestia handed Kaleb his ticket and storage key, telling him that it was the express line. He followed her, looking around the station. A busker tuned a guitar while talking to the attendant at the coffee bar. Finally, they arrived onto the platform, where the train was waiting. He chuckled; even the railroad cars looked like sweets.

“Well, I guess this is goodbye for now. Once again, I thank you and Luna for the hospitality,” Kaleb stated eloquently despite the caffeine not kicking in yet.

“It was our pleasure. A word of advice before you go: Friends can be found in the most unexpected of places.”

Kaleb nodded. “I’ll take that into consideration. Thank you.” Waving farewell, he boarded the train and found a seat in an almost empty carriage. The ponies around stared at the new creature before them with interest, and Kaleb meekly smiled trying to appear friendly. A few smiled back while others simply ignored him. Sitting down, he found that he could fit in the seat well without having any worry of hitting his head of the ceiling. The car lurched, and with the whistle of an engine, the train began to move.

The journey was relatively fast for Kaleb, fully awake and looking out at the landscape. The sunny fields and forests reminded him of Naboo, yet there were mountains to the west and deserts in the south. Reading a magazine in the pocket near the window, he found that Equestrian society had limited uses of transportation through trains, airships, boats, bicycles, and carriages. The same went with technology, although it appeared to be from a combination of different eras. Although the magazine was interesting, it did little to distract him from the anxiety that plagued him. Noticing the tension in his muscles, Kaleb relaxed, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself, and tried to find peace with his situation.

A few hours later, the train eventually came to a stop, with the conductor informing everyone that they were at Ponyville. Stretching, Kaleb grabbed his pack and began to walk towards the door that was fully open. Making his way onto the platform, he began to look around at the surrounding countryside. The rolling hills surrounded the station with the sound of a windmill near it, and there was a relaxed state of mind unlike Coruscant. It wasn’t long until he heard a voice nearby. “Kaleb?”

He turned around to find a purple unicorn heading towards him. Holding a checklist and quill with her magic, she had an expression of friendly determination on her face.

“Hi! I’m Twilight Sparkle and it is my pleasure to welcome you to Ponyville. ” She held out a hoof and Kaleb shook it.

“It’s nice to meet you, Twilight. Thanks for giving me a place to stay.”

“It’s no problem. We have a big day ahead of us, it’s all on the schedule for the Welcome to Ponyville Tour.” She handed him a second clipboard from her saddlebag containing an itinerary for the day. Kaleb looked over it quickly, handing it back to her impressed. The two walked out of the station onto the packed dirt path that led to Ponyville.

“So, why did you end up moving here? ” Kaleb asked awkwardly, trying to keep up with Twilight’s strides.

“As Celestia’s student, I am living here to study the magic of friendship. Originally, I was here to set up the Summer Sun Celebration, but then Nightmare Moon came back and my friends and I had to defeat her with the Elements of Harmony,” Twilight replied with accuracy.

Kaleb’s eyes lit up with recognition. “Luna told me that six extraordinary ponies saved her from Nightmare Moon. I never imagined that I would get to meet a local celebrity.”

Twilight chuckled slightly. “Well, we’re not really celebrities. Other than Celestia and Luna, nopony knows that we used the Elements. We all have other jobs; I’m the town librarian, for instance. Celestia mentioned that your species is new to Equestria.”

Kaleb nodded. “My species are humans, and I've never heard of ponies or Equestria until I crashed here. What exactly are these Elements of Harmony?”

Twilight thought for a few seconds then replied. “To my knowledge, they’re the most powerful magical artifacts known to ponydom. The orbs each represent an element of harmony: honesty, kindness, laughter, generosity, loyalty, and magic. The six of us embodied these traits and they magically turned into necklaces that when worn gave us the power to defeat her. Ah! We’re here!”

As the two entered the town, Kaleb noticed the architecture: small houses no more than two stories high made of timber and thatched roofs. Ponies moved along about their day, but he was thankful that nobody was staring outright. There was a charm to the small town that Kaleb felt that put him in a state of relaxation. Following Twilight, Kaleb’s eyes widened with amazement when he saw the building right in front of him.

The building appeared to be an old oak tree, with windows built into the trunk and lanterns hanging from the branches. The leaves bristled slightly with the wind, giving it a sense of motion. The windowpanes echoed the curves of the branches, and the deck on top had a telescope. The sign next to building had a book with the words Golden Oaks Library on the cover in golden font.

“Impressed?” Twilight gave him a look of amusement. “You should see the inside.”

Shaking his head, he entered the library. The bookcases were carved into the tree, leaving room for various paperbacks and hardcovers. The table in the center contained an intricate bust of a pony head, and next to it was a ladder.

Twilight set her saddlebag down and headed over to the desk. “I have a room for you already set up. It’s upstairs and the first door to the right. Brunch should be ready in a few minutes.”

Kaleb followed her instructions, heading up the stairs and opening the door to a simple guest room. Laying his bag on the bed, he sat down, taking in the view from the window. As he began to unpack his belongings onto the bookshelf, he heard a different voice followed by several hoots and crashes.

Poking his head out of the door, he headed towards the voice in one of the small rooms. He entered the room to find a small dragon and an owl balancing a stack of books that were on the brink of tumbling down.

“Relax, Owlowiscious, we got this. We’ll show Twilight this is not too many books to take down at once. All we have to do is not to make any sudden moveme-AHHHH A MONSTER!”

The dragon saw the intimidating figure of Kaleb in the doorway and jumped suddenly, causing the books to begin to topple over and fall to the ground. Outstretching his hand, Kaleb reached with the Force and stopped the movement of the books, holding them in midair for a few seconds before dropping them gently to the ground. The dragon and owl looked bewildered at what they just witnessed, looking back between the books and the stranger comically.

“I assume you’re going to need help with those books,” Kaleb said, looking amused.

The dragon huffed at the remark. “In our defense, we were pretty close till you sneaked up. Owlowiscious, you up for trying again?” The owl gave a stern look to the young dragon. “Okay, we could probably use your help. Are you the creature Twilight was talking about?”

“Yep. I’m Kaleb, by the way. Next time you do that, I would suggest putting the heaviest ones at the bottom.”

The dragon reached out his claw and they shook. “I’m Spike, Twilight’s number one assistant and best friend. This is Owlowiscious, my friend and fellow assistant to Twilight.” The owl hooted and waved a wing in greeting.

The three picked up the scattered books and went downstairs, where they worked quickly to organize and sort the books to their respective shelves. By the time they were finished, they went to the kitchen where Twilight had already laid out an assortment of food for brunch.

“Ah good. I see you’ve already met Spike and Owlowiscious. Have you two finished the sorting the stack upstairs?”

“Relax, Twilight, it’s already taken care of. Besides, we had Kaleb to help us,” Spike replied, winking at him as he dug into the scrambled eggs.

Kaleb had laid out a plate of scrambled eggs with a side of homemade hash browns with a slice of toast and a glass of orange juice. As he began eating, he noticed that Twilight was sneaking glances at the clock on the wall, realizing that they were on a schedule.

"So, I was wondering if there is someone who is able to repair clothes in town?" Kaleb asked as he took a sip.

Twilight finished her scrambled eggs before replying. "I already have it covered. In general, I thought I would give you a chance to meet each of my friends, one of whom is a fashion designer. It's all on the schedule."

"Yes, it's all on The Master Plan for the day." Spike interjected, piling on the sarcasm with each word.

Staring at Spike for a few seconds, Twilight slowly turned to Kaleb with a smile. "How would like to hear the story of Spike's hatching? It's very cute and sweet." With those words in particular, she turned her head towards Spike, who was now blushing furiously.

"Totally not fair! You can't use that as leverage," Spike argued.

With both of their gazes aimed at Kaleb, who thought for a few seconds before replying. "As the presiding judge of this brunch table, I will allow it."

While Spike put his head down on the table, Twilight began. "When I was a filly, I was facing the entrance exam for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. The task was to hatch a dragon from its egg. I was struggling with the magic, when all of a sudden, my friend Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom caused an uncontrollable release of magic, having Spike grow into a mature dragon. Celestia had to step in herself to stop the magic."

Kaleb looked stunned. "That magic must have been very powerful. Spike, I think that it's an amazing story. You shouldn't be ashamed of it."

Spike looked up and smiled at him as they started to clear the dishes. "Don't worry Twilight, I can handle the library for a few hours." Twilight sighed and they walked out of the library.

Ponies were staring at Kaleb as they walked into town but in general they seemed more welcoming than in Canterlot, even waving and smiling to him. The two walked out of town they went to a large apple orchard where the trees were still filled with the green leaves of summer, but the apples were in full capacity. The tree shook as an orange earth pony charged at the tree, kicking it with the back hooves and watching the apples fall. Seeing the two approaching, she wiped the sweat on her hat and went over to them.

“Hey Twilight, just finishing this tree before it gets too late in the day. This darn tree won’t budge with the apples up high.”

Turning to see the creature next to Twilight, who was looking at the apple tree with curiosity, took of her hat to get a better look. "Whoa there! Who and what are you, partner?

Kaleb smiled, trying to appear friendly. "Hi, I'm Kaleb and probably the first human to arrive in Equestria. Twilight offered me to stay in Ponyville."

Twilight looked back at the pony, noticing her raised eyebrow. "It's okay, he's a friend. Celestia suggested that he would stay with me. Kaleb, this is Applejack."

Applejack looked back at Kaleb. "Well, any friend of Twilight is a friend of mine. Pleasure to meet you, sugarcube."

Kaleb and Applejack shook, and he spotted all of the trees. “This is a great orchard you have here. What else do you grow?”

Applejack beamed with pride. "Here at Sweet Apple Acres, we grow the finest variety of apples and make the best apple products. We also grow grapes, corn, carrots, and are known for our hospitality. Here! Have an apple on the house.”

She tossed an apple from the bucket, and Kaleb plucked it out of the air with precision. Kaleb ate it quickly, complimenting Applejack on her toss. She went to the tree and with a running start, sprinted towards it and bucked the trunk with all of her strength. A blue pegasus with a rainbow mane fell from the tree and--unfortunately for Kaleb, who was looking at the corn fields in the distance --fell on him, along with a pillow and blanket.

Applejack raised an eyebrow and pointed a hoof to the rest of the trees in the row. “Weren’t you supposed to help me get the rest of these apples?”

“Hey! I was going to get to it eventually. I could clear that orchard in ten seconds flat,” the blue pegasus complained, looking annoyed and shaking her head so that the mane retained its spikiness. “How do you expect to perfect my Sonic Rainboom if I can’t rest. Besides, at least I landed on something soft.”

“Thanks. I’ll take that as a compliment.” Rainbow jumped as the thing she landed on spoke, and Kaleb stood up, rubbing his back. “I’m Kaleb, by the way. And you are…”

Rainbow jumped, raising her hooves in a fighting stance, preparing to punch. "WHO and WHAT are you? If you hurt my friends, I swear to Faust..."

Twilight was the one who saved his skin. "Wait, Kaleb's a friend and the first human to arrive here. He's living in Ponyville with me. Celestia suggested it."

Rainbow looked at Twilight with a hint of disbelief then turned to Kaleb. "Really? Well...I'm still keeping my eye on you, pal. You may be fast, but I'm still faster."

Kaleb met her gaze and replied. "Good thing to know. I'm Kaleb, by the way, and you must be Rainbow Dash."

“The one and only. I'm the fastest flier in all of Equestria and a future Wonderbolt.” Rainbow used her hoof to fist bump Kaleb, who reluctantly went along with it. Rainbow Dash laughed, flying high into the air, performing several loops before coming back down.

“That was some impressive flying, especially on those loops. How about to aid with your training, you can race Applejack with collecting apples. It should improve your mobility and precision that is essential for the Wonderbolts.”

Rainbow Dash smiled as she thought of the competition and the thrill of a race. Turning to Applejack, she replied. “Oh, it’s on. Nothing like a good competition to warm up the wings.” Kaleb looked at Applejack and winked. Applejack, with a thankful nod to Kaleb, turned to Rainbow Dash and they began their race.

Twilight turned to Kaleb, looking surprised. “That was well done. I’ve never been able to get Rainbow to help.”

Kaleb looked at her. “I’ve had some experience with mentoring. Sometimes all you need is a little bit of fun for motivation. Also not the first time I've nearly gotten punched.”

Heading away from Sweet Apples Acres, they headed back near the center of the town, going through the marketplace. Kaleb gazed at the various produce and homemade goods, making a note to try some of those free samples later. Walking across a small bridge, they made their way to a wide, elegant building that looked like it came out of a fashion show. The carousel theme was a pinnacle of the building, with each horse having a fancy design that made it unique. Purples, creams, and pinks accentuated the building with a pop, with a red flag on the very top of the design. A sign with the carousel horse hung over the door with the fancy purple lettering reading Carousel Boutique.

Twilight paused before going in. “Luckily, my friend Rarity is the best fashion designer in Ponyville. She’ll be able to help you.”

They entered the boutique, with Kaleb looking at the elegant design in the window. A white unicorn emerged from behind one of the pony-shaped mannequins around the shop, carrying a pair of tape measure with her magic and a pencil that was held in her purple mane.

“Oh Twilight, my dear, this is simply not a good time. I am working on a very important piece for a client and I do not have the time-OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IN HEAVEN'S NAME IS THAT!” Rarity exclaimed, pointing at Kaleb.

It was Kaleb this time who responded. "Hi, I'm Kaleb and I am probably the first human to arrive in Equestria. I'm a friend of Twilight, who was asked by Princess Celestia to give me a place to stay."

Rarity, now looking curious, walking up towards Kaleb and Twilight "It's nice to meet you...OH MY GOODNESS WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CLOTHES?! THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY RUINED! THERE MUST BE SOME WAY TO SAVE THEM!"

Kaleb looked slightly stunned but not surprised. "I actually need these to be repaired, along with a new wardrobe. I hear you're the fashion expert to got to."

Rarity, now realizing the overdramatization of the situation, slowly backed away a few steps, blushing. “Oh, well, I am terribly sorry about that Kaleb, I really do not know what went over me. I’m Rarity.” The two awkwardly shook hand and hoof.

Twilight looked at Rarity with exasperation and said, “I know you’re busy, but is there any way you can fit Kaleb in?”

“Of course, Twilight, I am always generous enough to lend a hoof,” Rarity replied, gathering supplies.

Rarity beckoned for Kaleb to come over to the podium, instructing him to stand with his arms and legs outstretched. She mumbled to herself while talking his measurements, writing everything down on a notebook on the side table. Kaleb stepped down as Rarity was frantically calculating the amount of cloth. She handed him a form and a sample board with different fabrics to decide on the type of fabric.

“Well, it is a large order but nothing I cannot handle. I should have it ready and delivered within a day. Now then, I’m going to need you to undress and leave the tunic and pants with me. This will be a challenge, but it should be ready within a week.”

Kaleb sputtered with disbelief with what he just heard. “I can’t leave them here and walk out without them. Otherwise I would be without clothes.”

“Nonsense, dear you do notice that not many of us wear clothes? You’ll be fine. Why would you think otherwise?”

Kaleb facepalmed as he thought about the best way to explain this. “Well for humans, my species, when we’re naked…well… you can see… you know… down there.” Kaleb indicated below his waist.

Rarity, now realizing what he meant, turned a bright scarlet. Clapping her hooves together to clear the air, she coughed uncomfortably as she began to speak. “Well, now I see. It is no problem, you can hand me the tunic and pants when I deliver the clothes. Anyway, I hope you have a nice day and enjoy the sunshine while it is still out.” Grabbing the finished form from Kaleb, she went back to her work station as Twilight grabbed him and left.

They walked in silence across the bridge and back over the square. Twilight spoke first. “Well, I’m sure you’re glad to know we’re almost finished with the tour today. It’s nearly time for dinner. I need to stop at Sugarcube Corner to grab a dessert for tonight as an apology to Spike after what happened at brunch.”

Kaleb, who was looking slightly mortified after the interaction, chuckled and ran his hand through his hair. “Well, I have been in worse situations. Let’s just agree that never happened and move on.”

Twilight nodded. “Sugarcube Corner is one of the best places you can be. Pinkie Pie is one of the best bakers I've ever seen. Just to prepare you, Pinkie Pie is, well, Pinkie Pie.”

Kaleb looked towards the bakery. “What do you mean by that?” Twilight did not respond.

They walked up to the door, only to hear a small thud that shook the door. Looking at Twilight with confusion, Kaleb looked back at her and she shrugged. Together, they made their way into the bakery. In some ways, it was like a normal bakery to be expected, with the glass display case filled with delectable desserts and a kitchen in the back, with the interior looking like a gingerbread house. But today, there were birds on makeshift branches in the front window, singing a song that was unrecognizable to Kaleb. A crash could be heard from the kitchen, and a pink pony bounced out of the doors, with her poufy mane bouncing along with her body.

“Hi there Twilight, I was just-TWILIGHT, why didn’t you tell me you were bringing a friend?!” From there, the pink pony grabbed Kaleb’s arm, shaking it up and down with excitement. “Hi there, I’m Pinkie Pie, party planner extraordinaire, baker, and lover of comedy and all things fun. What’s your name, how did you meet Twilight, are you a monk, do you like parties…?”

Kaleb chuckled at the energy Pinkie had, feeling the sugar rush just through the vibrations and bouncing. “Hi, Pinkie I’m Kaleb, and I do enjoy parties and desserts. In fact, Twilight’s looking for one to go with dinner. “

Pinkie looked at Twilight with enthusiasm. “Well, you came to the right place. Sugarcube Corner is your one stop shop for all your sugar satisfactions. What will it be?

Twilight thought for a second and then decided. “I’ll have the small dark chocolate gemstone cake please."

“Okay, coming right up!” Pinkie replied, taking one out of the display case and putting it in a box. “Today’s been busy. I’m working on small birdseed cakes for the songbird choir over there, who are having great rehearsals in the front window. So Kaleb, what are you exactly? You're tall and walking on two legs, so you could be a giant."

Kaleb chuckled as he answered the question. "Nobody's called me tall before, so thank you for that. My species is human, most likely new to Equestria and Twilight is giving me a place to stay."

"That's very nice of Twilight. It's always fun to meet new friends, especially when you get to share desserts. " Pinkie handed Twilight the cake and took the bits from Twilight’s hove. “In fact, I’m trying a new delivery system for small treats that will please every filly and foal in town: Pinkie Pie’s Party Planning Dessert Delivering Cannon!”

Pinkie quickly removed the tarp from the object on the back counter, revealing it to be an actual cannon. Kaleb now understood what the sounds were outside of the bakery. Twilight and Kaleb slowly moved back into the corner.

“Yeah, you should probably do that for safety. The target is set up onto the nest back there,” she replied, watching them.

Twilight began to speak. “Pinkie, I’m not sure this is exactly the right place…”

Pinkie struck a match and set the fuse on fire. “FIRE IN THE DONUT HOLE!!!” Pinkie shouted loudly covering her ears.

The cannon ironically fired quietly and the birdseed cakes along with the plate were projected into the air. Kaleb saw that the aim was off and the cakes would never make it into the nest. Reaching out to the Force, he jumped closer with his legs, the outstretched arm trying to slow down the cakes before they hit the birds. Another pony flew down grabbing the plate, and reaching as well to catch the cakes, trying to shield the birds. As all of the cakes were caught on the plate, Kaleb grabbed the plate and both of them landed on their feet softly. Kaleb looked up at the pony who grabbed the plate.

A yellow pegasus stared back at him, the long pink mane looking slightly alarmed. Her eyes were a bright turquoise, reflecting in the light of the bakery. Breathing heavily, her ears were twitching slightly. Staring at each other for only a few seconds, they realized they were still both holding the plate with the birdseed cakes and how close they were. Both blushing, the yellow pegasus handed over the plate to Pinkie and trotted over towards Kaleb.

“Uh, hi, thank you for saving the birds. What’s your name?" the pony said quietly.

Kaleb paused for a moment, then shaking his head to clear it off. “I’m Kaleb. What’s your name?”

The pony responded quietly, almost in a whisper. “Fluttershy.”

Kaleb smiled back at Fluttershy, extending a hand. "It’s wonderful to meet you, Fluttershy. Your songbird choir sounds wonderful.”

The two shook and Fluttershy indicated for the birds to follow her. "Thanks. It's nice to meet you, Kaleb." Taking the now wrapped plate of birdseed cakes, she exited the bakery, waving goodbye to everyone.

Kaleb stood frozen, staring at the exit. He sighed, grabbing the box from the counter. “Anyway, thanks for the dessert, Pinkie; it looks wonderful.”

This seemed to snap Twilight and Pinkie out of their frozen states as well. “You're welcome Kaleb! I hope you have an exciting day of smiles!” Pinkie said, her smile stretching to an unnatural length. Twilight and Kaleb exited the shop.

Heading back to the library, the two walked in silence at first then went into conversation.

“That was incredible! I didn’t know you could do magic,” Twilight exclaimed, her eyes filled with excitement.

Kaleb looked back at her. “Actually, that wasn’t magic. I can tell you more about it later.”

Twilight looked slightly disappointed but then realized how tired he was. “You can tell me tomorrow. Celestia wants me to interview you on your world. So, what did you think of your first day in Ponyville?” she asked, as Kaleb carried the dessert.

“It was wonderful, Twilight, and thank you for all the work you put into the tour,” Twilight smiled and the two of them walked back into the library.

It was a quiet dinner for the most part, other than Spike attempting to cook a banana bread that was slightly crispy on the outside. The pasta with fresh tomato sauce tasted wonderful, with a tossed fruit salad and the dark chocolate gem cake for dessert, which Spike especially enjoyed. As the evening became night, Kaleb turned in for the night, saying goodnight to Twilight and Spike, thanking them for the hospitality.

After washing up in the upstairs bathroom with the spare toothbrush and toothpaste that Twilight had, Kaleb closed the door. He finished laying the objects in his bag onto the bookshelf, and sat down on the bed. The meditation began with focusing inward, repeating a mantra that was taught to him by Master Yoda and slowly shut out the outside world. Eventually after centering himself, he began to fully meditate, feeling the connectivity of the Force sending shivers from his spine.

I don’t know if you can hear me, Master Johanna. Part of me believes that you can, despite the Jedi saying that it was not possible. Part of me wants to believe that what happened on Coruscant was all a dream that I can wake up from. The Force has a presence here, lying beneath the ground. This new world is unfamiliar, yet I am lucky to have fallen into the hands of kind individuals who call themselves my friends. The Jedi Code says that all lives are precious and compassion is the Jedi way. Yet, you always taught me to be wary of these attachments for they can also lead you down a path to the dark side. This code and everything I carry on my back is all I have left of the Jedi Order. My path here is clouded, but I must trust the Force to guide me, as it always has. I am one with the Force, the Force is one with me.

Kaleb awoke from his meditation and sank softly into his bed, falling into the sleep’s deep embrace.

Author's Note:

A new year, a new chapter! Personally, I think a dessert cannon would be awesome to have. My version would fire scoops of ice cream right onto the cone. As always, may the Force be with you!

Edited by Menace of the Mines