• Published 29th Nov 2017
  • 1,431 Views, 43 Comments

Hurricane Trinity - Lovesick-Ded



When the Storm King's statue is restored and revived, the former ruler seeks to travel to the southwest area of the world to confront former demons from the past. In order to do so, he will need assistance...from the least likely group to help.

  • ...
1
 43
 1,431

Meeting With Novo

HURRICANE TRINITY

An MLP Extended-Universe Story

Written by M.J. Hopper

CHAPTER TEN

“I—I can’t do this.”

Prince Stormbreaker stood before the entrance to the great Banquet Hall, wracked with utter nervousness; even though he had yet to enter the vast expanse of a room itself, he was already feeling like he was being silently judged. His heart was racing within his chest with such intensity that it was making him visibly tremble. Gallyen, who had been attempting to re-arrange the decorated medals on his own royal uniform sash, looked up momentarily before frowning and taking a step towards him, placing a hoof upon his younger brother’s shoulder.

“Stormy…calm down.” His tone was relatively quiet but encouraging. He stepped around to Stormbreaker’s side. “Look…I know this is your first time attending one of these events, but there’s no need to feel so terrified. They’re not that bad…in fact…” He huffed out of the side of his mouth a bit and looked to one side, seeming unamused. “They’re more boring than anything, really.”

“Gallyen, I’m NOT terrified.” Stormbreaker knew that his tone sounded forced even while he was saying these words, but he had to roll with what he could muster. “I…I just…I don’t want them to stare at me…is all…I guess.” He frowned a bit and looked at the floor, sheepishly fidgeting one hoofed foot. His older brother stared at him for a bit, his current expression telling Stormbreaker for a fact that the young goat did not believe him for one second. Then again, who would; his tone sounded completely unconvincing…

“They’re not going to stare at you. If anything, they’ll probably stuff their faces while ALL chatting amongst themselves about how Father is a mad-goat for even allowing the alliance treaty in the first place. It happens every gods-damn year, and I’m always stuck sitting there having to listen to them complain while I just, like…friggin’ act like a proper young heir…” Gallyen shook his head in disgust and frowned himself, rolling his eyes at the thought of this. “The point is, Stormy…they’re gonna be too busy with themselves to want to deal with either of us. I would just take it as it goes.”

“B-but…” Stormbreaker knew that there was probably no arguing with Gallyen at this point; the older goat had obviously been to these events before and there really was no way to retort against that experience. He exhaled a large breath and looked up at the door handle warily. “Gods…I guess you’re right, Gallyen. Still…it’s kind of hard to—”

“Just go!” Gallyen seemed a bit irritable as he pushed Stormbreaker through the doorway, although his touch implied to the young yeti-goat that he was merely attempting to be playful in his wary state and not much else. The two stumbled across the threshold, in time to see their parents—Grogar, flanked by both Windcaller and Rivvon—standing at the top of the large, velvet-draped stairway that led into the Hall’s interior portion. The two immediately stood to attention; Rivvon gave a disapproving frown while Windcaller warmly smiled at the two. Grogar turned his head to address them.

“About time you mustered up the courage to get through that door,” he told them, attempting to keep his voice lowered. “The rest of the Council and Court members are below us. Please, you two, try to make a good impression…and don’t attempt anything hazardous or inane. You ARE representing the future of Tambelon, after all.”

“Father, you know we would never even attempt such things,” Gallyen responded. He shook his head. “This entire event is highly important to keep our reputation solid with the other higher-ups in the Council of Tambelon. If we act out, well…what kind of heirs to the throne would we even be?”

“Hmph,” Rivvon sneered, wrinkling her small nose at Stormbreaker before turning her head away; Grogar did not seem to notice this and instead turned his attention to the crowd below him. The silver bell around the bangles on his neck glowed brightly and he raised his head, his voice booming:

“Fellow members of the Tambelon Council!”

Upon hearing their king’s voice, the council-members—which, Stormbreaker noticed, mostly consisted of Caprine rams—halted all activity and turned their heads in Grogar’s direction; the old goat bowed his head in respect and addressed them:

“It has been another year, and I am pleased to observe that all of you have kept to good health. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance once again on this evening.” He reared his head back up and continued. “This year will be particularly special, as it marks the first year in which both of my children are in attendance.”

The council-members looked amongst themselves and murmured a bit, seemingly excited by this news, and Grogar nodded toward Stormbreaker and shifted to the side. Stormbreaker looked down upon the small crowd, still concealed by the shadows; he was visibly shaking a bit and attempted with all his might to will his body to remain still. Grogar made the announcement:

“You have known my second wife, the Yeti Matriarch Windcaller, for quite some time now…as Prince Gallyen is my son born of Rivvon’s doing, my second son is born of hers.” He shifted his gaze toward the young yeti-goat, as if on que. “Welcome my younger son, Prince Stormbreaker.”

Stormbreaker eyed his father in befuddlement for a moment, before finally getting the clue that he was supposed to step forward and reveal himself to the council. Gulping down a breath, he shifted his gaze down toward the elder-goats and slowly stepped forward, into the light. Willing himself to remain completely still, he shut his eyes and held his head high. There was no need to be frightened; no need to be alarmed; everything would be fine, just as Gallyen had said…

Almost immediately, he heard a few of the council-members gasp, and there were suddenly quiet, inaudible murmurs from amongst them as they sized him up. Eventually a few of them nodded to each other and turned their heads back in their king’s direction, standing as properly as possible as the one in the direct front, an old-looking, stout, beige-furred ram, bowed his head politely and addressed him:

“My liege…as proud members of the Tambelon Council, we beg of your forgiveness for this rather strange question…however…ah…” He cleared his throat a bit. “We…were unaware of your…rather personal activities, so to speak.”

Grogar raised an eyebrow at this remark, as Windcaller’s eyes narrowed and she clenched one hand into a tight fist at her side. Stormbreaker, although he was still unsure of what was going on, could obviously deduce that this was an insult of some sort, and he lowered his head slightly, blushing in frustration and embarrassment as he eyed the Council warily. This was apparently not going well so far, and it was making his stomach turn with nervousness the more they paused for effect. Grogar finally spoke.

“What do you mean by that, General Lamm?”

Lamm coughed a bit and his gaze shifted to the side before he continued. “I—I don’t mean any offense at all, my liege! We are merely…observing, is all. Truly we are not ones to cast judgement upon our own ruler…I merely meant…”

“What he MEANS, is that this is preposterous.” Another member, a thin, tight-faced doe, placed her hoof forward. “As the overseer of our capital city, I have seen this…RUNT…” She cast a glare in Stormbreaker’s direction. “…Running through the streets with your older son, and I cannot say that I approve. I pray to the gods above that you did not intend to make him our Crown Prince, as well.”

Windcaller immediately stepped forward as well, her features contorted in anger. “Kindly shut your grazing mouth, you hypocritical—”

“Windcaller, enough.” Grogar turned to look at his wife, shaking his head disapprovingly but at the same time silently encouraging her to pull back. The snow-furred female eyed her husband with a look of slight irritation but ultimately stepped back and placed her hands at her sides, still glaring daggers in the Council’s direction, however. The goat turned his head yet again back toward the Council and spoke once more. “My fellow allies…you, as well as all of Tambelon, knows of the alliance treaty that I initiated years ago. My efforts were to ultimately unite the races of Yebit and Tambelon, in an effort to stop the invasion of Argon’s forces—”

“Argon is a MYTH!” The doe spat back; realizing that she had just yelled in a superior’s direction, she immediately flattened her ears and shied backward into the crowd, bowing her head apologetically in the process. Grogar frowned slightly and shook his head in response.

“I have lived on this world for centuries, Lady Jangelle,” he informed her; his tone sounded rather grim now. “Granted, I was not around during the first Titanfall, but it was not long after that, that the demonic creatures started spawning…even now, they still roam outside our gates. We have no hope of even leaving the city without an escort patrol, let alone fighting those vile things one-on-one. Not tomention—” He paused for a moment to look at Stormbreaker, before turning his attention back toward the crowd. “It would only be a matter of time before the very first…EPIDEMIC…occured.”

Jangelle’s features grew tighter as she grimaced; she nodded in response. “I…I suppose that you are correct in that aspect, my King. B-but…can you ultimately assume that this will—”

“We shall discuss this once the Banquet officially starts,” Grogar replied, cutting her off before she finished. He glanced at Stormbreaker through the corner of his eye. “These are pressing issues for the grown members of the Council, not for the young princes to concern themselves with at this moment.”

Jangelle bowed her head respectfully and nodded once more. “Agreed, my King. This is a time for celebration and prosperity, after all…we should indeed tend to these matters at once, but the principle of this event cannot go untended.”

“Glad you see it my way.” The old, blue-gray ram smiled in response before descending down the stairway, Rivvon and a still-ruffled Windcaller following in his wake; the other council-members disbanded in small groups across the hall, chattering amongst themselves and indulging in the meal offered off to the side. Stormbreaker watched them below, still standing at the top of the stairs; he tilted his head slightly in confusion.

Epidemic…?

“Hey.” The yeti-goat felt Gallyen’s presence at his side; the older goat eyed the other members of the Council as they went about their festivities before turning to his brother. “What was that about? Was Father only trying to get them to back off, or…?”

“I…I don’t know.” Stormbreaker shook his head in response, still looking utterly confused. “But you saw how angry Mom was over that one remark the doe made…still, it’s not like him to lie at all. He might have been referring to something when he said ‘epidemic’ but I have no idea what—”

“Er…it’s…best not to get too caught up over that.” Gallyen’s face flushed slightly and he stepped behind the white-furred creature, gently pushing him forward with the bridge of his nose. “Come on, let’s go get something to eat, Stormy. I haven’t really had a decent bite all day and I dunno about you, but I’m half-starved.”

Stormbreaker eyed Gallyen with the same look of confusion for a moment before finally giving in to Gallyen’s prodding and descending the stairs to be with the others; his mind was still clouded with doubt and curiosity now, however. He had remembered, clear as day, being taught Tambelon’s history personally over the course of three years and not once had his father nor mother ever mentioned something about an “epidemic.” The demons; yes. Argon; yes. The Titanfall; definitely.

But nothing about an epidemic at all.

Something was going on…

*

“Ugh…!” Celaeno grunted slightly as a feathered wing invaded her personal bubble and she stepped to the side a bit, raising one arm to protect herself. “Q-quit shoving so much!”

“Silence.” The dark-blue Hippogryph turned back to sneer at her, the tufts of his ears flattening slightly against his skull. He narrowed his eyes at the parrot woman. “You are prisoners of the Queen; you are NOT inclined to speak until you are in her presence.”

Storm eyed the guard with a weary expression before turning his head to observe his current surroundings; after the guards had confined them at the landing point they had begun to take them directly toward the throne room, which apparently was located on a ledge inside the Winged Citadel itself—then again, that was not a surprise at all. What was, ultimately, was how damned high up the place was located. The path that led there was, fortunately, not a steep nor stair-covered one; however it was incredibly long and tedious to ascend, especially with the guards constantly forcing them to tread forward and stay in a singular unit. Grubber had become exhausted halfway through and was now resting on Capper’s back, and Storm himself could feel the pain in the pads of his own hooves increasing by the second.

Now he suddenly remembered from before…he HATED Hippogryph architecture.

“You’re damned lucky that I don’t throw you off this mountain where you stand, you wretched scum.” The Hippogryph guard leader focused his attention on the yeti-goat now, his teeth bared as he eyed him with utter disdain. “Our Queen had informed us that you were gone for good after the events that took place months ago in the Equestrian lands…I suppose SOME news is apparently too good to be true.”

Storm glowered at him in response and despite his current situation he opened his mouth. “I was—”

The guard whipped around faster than an angry bull and lunged forward, jamming his muzzle against Storm’s nose as his lips pulled back further to reveal his gums alongside his clenched teeth. To say he was glaring daggers was an understatement in this case. “I. SAID. SILENCE.”

Storm recoiled slightly in surprise, but after getting his bearings snarled in response and snapped his jaw shut, though the irritation in his features was clearly evident. Part of him wanted to introduce his fist to this punk bird-horse’s eye socket for humiliating him in that manner, but he knew that if he riled one of the guards up, the others would attack and THEN they would be in serious trouble. He forced himself to withhold from such actions and continued to follow the group.

After about five, possibly ten more minutes of walking, the group finally approached the great archway of the throne room’s entrance; motioning for the guards to remain with the “prisoners,” the lead Hippogryph trotted up to the large, heavily-adorned doors and addressed the two guards positioned at the front. Storm raised his head slightly as he watched him converse with them; they seemed appalled for a moment before they turned to look at him directly and immediately donned expressions that made them look like they had just witnessed a demonic blood ritual. Heaving a sigh of frustration, he lowered his head, his shoulders hunched as he slumped over. This was getting to be a bit much…

Finally the doors creaked open, the rusty squealing sound echoing through the elegant stone architectural structures as they shuddered slightly in response to this. The dark-blue Hippogryph turned his head toward the group and motioned again, this time for the guards to follow. Prodding the group forward, they continued over the threshold and into the main hallway.

The place was very amazingly well-adorned for something that had been abandoned for so long, and it appeared that other Hippogryphs were hard at work restoring elegance and glory to the Citadel once more. The entire ceiling curved upward, ornate carvings and murals scratched into and painted on its surface, depicting what were apparently great moments in Hippogryph history. The pillars on either side of the walls, supporting the glorious structure, were covered in dead ivy, although new leaves were beginning to grow from beneath the brown, withered leaves that had been left behind. Beautiful windows, largely vertical and heavily adorned with gold and what appeared to be bone ivory, were aligned in a row on either side; the morning sun cast beautiful rays of orange and gold across the royal purple carpet that protected the marbled stone floor. At the end of the lavish hallway were a pair of thrones; one large and just as glamorous as the rest of the place, the other small and more modest. Storm raised his head again as he saw who exactly sat upon the main throne, and he felt something sink in the pit of his stomach.

“Your Highness!” The Hippogryph captain raised his head high, spreading his wings as he approached the lavender-white being upon the throne; Novo paused from filing her claws for a moment and looked up in slight surprise.

“General Constelle!” She declared, slightly taken aback; immediately hiding the file beneath her feathered coat, she ruffled her chest feathers and shook her head slightly, sighing a bit. “I TOLD you not to bother me durin’ restoration hours…this had better be important for you to—”

Her gaze traveled past the dark-blue Hippogryph (Constelle) and locked directly into Storm’s; for a moment utter silence seemed to descend upon the area as the two eyed each other. Novo’s irises seemed to tremble slightly, and her eyes narrowed in pure anger, as Storm tried to break from her stare and look down at the floor, uncertain of what to say, or how to even feel for that matter. He could, yet again, feel his heart hammering in his chest from unadulterated anxiety. Being in front of a Hippogryph guard in his current state was one thing, but the Queen herself…?

“These outsiders landed near the midway point of the Winged Citadel, my Queen,” Constelle informed her, bowing his head slightly in respect towards Novo. He glanced toward the others. “Apparently they have…quite an INTERESTING member in tow. We confined the traitors as soon as we were able, and we await your directions to—”

“Bring him here.”

Constelle blinked in surprise. “I, um…pardon?”

“Bring. Him. HERE.” Novo repeated each word as if it were a separate phrase entirely, her teeth bared as she eyed Storm with pure venomousness. Her feathers began to fluff out from her body and she got to all fours, standing up tall as she approached the edge of the throne pedestal. Constelle suddenly came back to realization and bowed apologetically before whipping around to face the group.

“YOU.” The guards spread out in formation to either side as the dark-blue Hippogryph approached the small group; before the white-furred beast could even begin to realize what was going on, Constelle roughly snagged him around the collar and yanked him forward forcefully. “With me, you cloven-hooved freak.”

Storm felt himself being practically dragged forward towards the Hippogryph queen, closer and closer, until Constelle tightened his grip and literally threw him forward, causing him to cry out in surprise and land roughly on his side in front of the throne pedestal itself. The landing ultimately bruised his shoulder, and he gave a yelp of pain as he clutched at it, lost for a moment due to the pulsing agony within his left arm. He wasn’t sure of it, but he was pretty damned certain he could hear Constelle snickering at this…

“Storm King.”

The goat-being’s gaze traveled upward as he heard Novo address him—at least, by his former title—and he clambered to his feet, until Novo spoke again, her tone firm and cold as a Northern glacier:

“On your knees.”

He wasn’t sure why, exactly, but he immediately obeyed, kneeling down before the royal Hippogryph as she continued to eye him disgustedly, but she cracked a small smile at seeing him before her like this for a very brief moment in time before continuing, her voice still firm:

“Now then…Storm King. You are probably already well-aware of why we took you prisoner on sight. Your actions toward the kingdom of Mount Aris, and my subjects, were brutal, merciless, and utterly unforgivable. You drove my people off of land and forced us into the Great Sea from fear, attacked my royal court, destroyed my kingdom, and proceeded to ravage the remains. Y’all are lucky I didn’t choose to execute you on SIGHT.”

Storm’s tail curled slightly around his leg and he mustered the courage to look up at her before responding. “I, uh…” He shook his head slightly, attempting to form the words properly in his own defense, even though he knew deep within him that there was nothing he could say that would justify his actions to her. “You…um…Novo, was it…?”

Novo’s eyes widened in disbelief, before she clenched her teeth in anger and stomped her back hoof. “You mean you don’t even remember my NAME?!” She spat the last word like venom from a cobra’s mouth, and the goat-creature winced slightly at this.

“Please, I only—”

“All you do is TAKE.” Novo glared darkly at him as she spoke. “You took, and took, and never ONCE considered the consequences of your actions, nor what would happen to those whom you overthrew. Your tyranny cost MANY species their homes, their freedom, and even their LIVES. And what do you do, even? You just either move on and not give a care, or sit back and watch it burn. You utterly DISGUST me. If it were up to me and me alone, I would make sure of it that you had REMAINED dead.”

These words hit way too close to home, and almost immediately Storm felt something strike his heartstrings like a lead arrow; grimacing a bit, he clutched at his chest with one hand, doubling over. Novo raised an eyebrow at this, but her features continued to remain cold as she watched him for a few moments…he was shuddering a bit, and for one fraction of a second—

Forgive me

—She almost reconsidered her reprimanding him due to the fact he appeared to be showing signs of emotion, something she had never seen before. This thought process was utterly shattered, however, when Constelle spoke up:

“Your Highness…I strongly encourage that we instill harsh punishment upon this monster. His actions are not to be taken lightly in any concept of the matter, and ultimately one must answer for their crimes.” His gaze turned slightly sinister as he eyed Storm. “Might I suggest execution…?”

“NO!”

Both Novo and Storm looked in the direction of the defiant shout, in time to see Grubber scrambling over Capper’s head, having awoken during the “lecture” earlier; the young Abyssinian was trying his best to maintain his posture whilst having his fur and ears pushed down into his face by the little hedgehog-being. The guards were eyeing him with cautious expressions, but so far were not making any moves to do anything. Panting a bit, Grubber spoke, his voice defying and frantic:

“I won’t let you hurt Storm! I know that he’s done some bad stuff, n’ that he’s made you guys really upset, but…but I’ll be damned if I stand by while you suggest to kill him!”

Grubber… Storm’s eyes wavered a bit as he eyed his companion, but he made no attempt to move or speak for fear that it would further anger the Queen into severe action. Novo tilted her head a bit and seemed to eye the little hedgehog thoughtfully, as if considering something, but her general was going to have nothing of it…

“Silence, little creature,” Constelle sneered in response, turning up his nose a bit. “You know nothing of the situation at hand, and you have no say in—”

“Storm ISN’T a bad guy!” Grubber cried out in response, nearly slipping forward over Capper’s head. “He…yeah, he’s done some really bad things in the past, like I said…b-but…but that’s the PAST! Are you really gonna judge him now, over something that he already paid for?!” Tears glistened within his eyes now, and he lowered his head a bit, still eyeing Novo.

“He…already died once…what’s the point of making him die again…?”

For a moment, there was complete and utter silence from Novo’s end, as she drew her head back and her eyes seemed to widen a bit, as if realizing something that she had not originally seen nor considered beforehand. Capper, who had been attempting for the past while to get Grubber off of his head, finally succeeded, wrapping his fingers around the little hedgehog’s waist and tugging him off before allowing him to plop onto the floor. He shook his head, running one paw through his navy-blue shock of hair in an attempt to straighten it, before addressing the situation as well:

“Grubber’s right, y’know. If y’all think of it in a sense, Storm’s already been punished with somethin’ we ALL know is the ultimate sentence for a crime.” He looked around before continuing. “Now I mean no disrespect here, but y’all need to consider that the past actions don’t really always reflect the current state. Storm’s…still pretty bull-headed and naïve, yeah—” He caught a glimpse of Storm eyeing him with a look out of the corner of his eye— “But really, he’s not a threat anymore. Do y’all really think, that he’s gonna attempt to overthrow you again with no army, no weapons, no method of execution, and really no strategy at all?”

Novo was silent for a moment before attempting to speak. “Well…I have to say that—”

“M-my Queen, you surely are not taking these…STATEMENTS…into consideration?!” Constelle declared, eyeing her with slight panic. He stepped forward. “These ROGUES entered the borders of Mount Aris without permission, not to mention that they had a SEVERELY dangerous and hated member in tow—”

“Constelle.”

The Hippogryph general stopped his rambling for a brief moment and lowered his head slightly. “Y-yes, my Queen?”

Novo looked down at him with an acknowledging expression. “The Hippogryph code, as it is established, and will forever be established as such, is Honor above all else. Y’all DO remember that, right?”

Constelle’s gaze shifted to the side momentarily. “Well, of course, but—”

“Then desist.” Novo looked over at Capper. “I remember you quite well, Abyssinian…you were the one in the crowd with my daughter when the chaos passed. Although memories of that day have been faint since the re-taking of Mount Aris, you are still considered an ally for your heroic deeds and because of that lone factor, I am willing to listen.”

Capper’s ears rose slightly and he smiled a bit; hope had once again returned. “R…really?”

Novo nodded in response. “Verily. Just…don’t take it too heavily into consideration; it would bother me quite a bit if you took too much advantage of the situation.”

“N-not at all!” Capper’s lips once more split into a grin and he placed one paw on his chest, dipping into a bow. “Your Highness…I may be a former thief and all, but if there’s one thing I do know, it’s the value of Honor amongst y’all. On behalf of all of us, I thank you for your willingness to listen to me.”

“Hey! H-hey!” A startled voice rang out from the entrance to the throne room and the doors flew open once again; this time a pair of Hippogryph head guards entered, their beaks clamped around the ear-tufts of a smaller, yellow-beige Hippogryph with a blue mane and tail…

Novo’s attention drifted from the situation as she raised her head. “Skystar!” she declared, her voice a mixture of both anger and relief; the smaller Hippogryph looked up at her.

“Mom!” she exclaimed, attempting to bring her head forward but almost tugging off her ears in the process due to the guards’ hold; she grunted a bit and fell back. “Owww…”

“Haven, Salina, please release her,” Novo addressed the two guards; eyeing her, they both nodded and simultaneously released their hold on Skystar’s ears. The beige Hippogryph tumbled forward a bit, before steadying herself and looking up at her mother with a weak, sheepish grin. Novo eyed her discerningly and proceeded to speak:

“Where have you BEEN, Princess Skystar?! You’ve been out since early this morning and I have been worried SICK about you…to the point where I had to send Haven and Salina out after you, in fact!”

“I’m sorry Mom…” Skystar’s ears lowered and she gave an apologetic frown as her attention traveled to the side, away from her mother’s angry stare. She fidgeted with one claw slightly. “I was just, uh, helping the others with restoration…I was out getting—”

“Our reports say otherwise.” Salina gave an unamused expression, raising one eyebrow a bit. “We found young Princess Skystar out near the Sea of Clouds again. Granted, it wasn’t anywhere near the Sea of Defilement, but—”

“I…I was only crossing that area because I was searching for a trade merchant ship!” The young Hippogryph huffed and inflated her cheeks slightly in frustration. “I wanted to get a high-grade adhesive for restoring the statues…the ones we have here don’t do NEARLY as good a job as the—huh?” Her ever-flitting attention span then rested on Storm, and she gasped a bit. “Wh-what are you doing—MOM, what is HE doing here?!”

Novo’s attention turned back to the white-furred beast and she looked over. “Oh…uh…” She smiled nervously and blushed a bit; Storm gave her the same look he had given Capper earlier as she had clearly forgotten that he was even there during the chiding of her daughter. “Constelle found him and a couple others near the landing to the Citadel. Don’t worry though…he’s harmless, at least against our forces, and the ones who were with him are apparently former allies of ours.”

“Allies…?” Skystar looked over toward the others, now, and her eyes immediately lit up like stars; Storm gave an exasperated sigh as, yet again, his presence was utterly forgotten about. “Ooh! Oh, oh, oh…Capper! Capper!!” She bounded over to the young cat-being and grinned hugely. “Remember me? I’m Skystar! Y’know, the one that helped you save the day back in Equestria?”

Capper’s cheeks darkened a bit and he looked off to the side. “Oh…Sk-Skystar…yeah, uh, I was meanin’ to—”

“This is SO GREAT!” Skystar brought her nose up close to his, to the point where they were practically touching, her eyes still glittering brilliantly. “Oh. Man. Like, SOOOOO much has happened here since we last had a chance to talk! I swear, everything has been SO. GREAT. Around here! We’re working on restoring Mount Aris…also, we got a trade declaration with Equestria about maybe, uh…something-odd months ago, but we got one with Klugetown as well, so we sent out the very first shipment there...and then, we, uh…”

When she stopped to take a breath was when Capper saw an opportunity to finally ask Novo something that had been on his mind since the second he had heard the words “trade declaration;” he reached out and politely placed a finger to Skystar’s muzzle. “Th-that’s nice, Princess…say, uh, Your Highness Novo, can I ask y’all somethin’ real quick-like?”

Novo tilted her head a bit, looking puzzled, but nodded in response. “Yes, you may…what exactly do you want to know?”

Removing his finger and nodding at Skystar, he moved both paws into his coat, rummaging around the waist area. “So…it was kind of a bad time to mention this t’ y’all earlier, and there’s really more of a story to go with it, but, I need to know something in general…”

He withdrew the daggers from his coat and held them both out in front of Novo, displaying them for all to see; Constelle’s head jerked back, Skystar’s eyes widened, and both Haven and Salina gasped in terror and shock. Novo’s expression turned to one of utter horror and her mouth dropped open, her irises again quivering but this time from fear. She could only manage to say one thing after what seemed like an eternity of silence:

“Wh-where did you get those…?”

Author's Note:

And again, I have mixed feelings with this chapter; part of me thinks it's great yet another part of me feels that I rushed it again. Ah well...

Also, Constelle, believe it or not, plays a big role in the events to happen at Mount Aris, but I'm not disclosing a lot happening beyond that point. Just note his general behavior towards Storm and the others; that's all I'm gonna say for right now. ;P

The other chapters probably aren't gonna be as wordy as this one was either; I'm trying to stick to around 4K words average per chapter but this one dragged on a little more than I expected. Was almost thinking of cutting out Skystar's part when I started writing it but then ultimately left it in and continued...glad I did now.