• Published 29th Nov 2017
  • 5,082 Views, 70 Comments

A Family of Spike - Saro0fdemonz



A simple story about a dragon and his family, or maybe something more. Spike, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, Scootaloo and their kids go about their days in Ponyville.

  • ...
8
 70
 5,082

Chapter 4

"Dad, how do you manage to fuck three mares and still keep up with us?" Tempest asked, Spike pausing and getting tackled once more by Zephyr, rolling with the tackle and pinning him like he always did.

"First, watch your mouth, just cause you can melt the soap doesn't mean it'll taste any better when I wash that tongue of yours. Second, Dragons have intense stamina, ponies don't. Well Applebloom does, but that's besides the point," Spike mumbled the last bit, letting up Zephyr and snatching Crystal out of the air, the youngest of his little clan holding herself in her magic.

"Okay...next question, how do you always beat Zee so easily?" Tempest giggled at her brothers frown. Spike scratched the back of his head and sat down, cradling a yawning Crystal in his arm.

"Heh, before you all were born, your old man was quite the hero. Your moms were too actually," Spike chuckled. Tempest scooted closer and Zephyr sat beside her. Their dad told the best stories.

"Applebloom was pregnant with you at the time Zephyr...Now this is important. You see, Pony bodies aren't built like Dragon bodies. Zephyr, you have a coat like a pony, but scales underneath, ponies don't have scales," Spike explained. Zephyr patting down his coat, touching his scales.

"And Tempest, your wings are a mix between mine and your mothers, giving you the power of Dragon wings with the flexibility and skill of a pegasus," Spike praised, Tempest flaring out her small wings proudly. He chuckled and nuzzled Crystal.

"And little Crystal Melody has Sweetie Belle's magic,"

"But she doesn't have a horn like Mama Belle," Tempest argued. Spike shook his head, gently tugging Crystal's mane aside to show a tiny stub of horn poking out.

"That thing is a horn?" Tempest scoffed.

"It's not the size, it's how you use it," Spike explained quickly, clearing his throat.

"Anyway, ponies are different and as much as I hate to say it, not as tough as we are. When a mare is pregnant, everything she eats gets shared with the unborn foal in her tummy," Spike continued, exhaling a small flame, a window taking shape before them. The flames danced inside the window,forming the shapes of ponies.

"But Dragons are different. Most Dragons are hatched from eggs, but a rare few are born like Ponies. Dragons require two things," Spike exhaled once more, filling the window with more flame. Tempest clapped her claws together, bouncing in her seat.

"Oh oh oh! Gems, right?!" she asked excitedly

"An th' other is Fire," Zephyr added. Spike nodded to both of them.

"That's right. Now, Ponies can't eat gems, and there is no fire in them, no matter how fierce the pony," Spike glanced at Tempest before she could argue with Scootaloo as an example.

"So wait...if Ponies can't eat gems or breath fire, how are we all here?" Tempest wondered. Spike held up his claw.

"That, Tempest, is where the story begins,"


Before Zephyr's Birth

"Spike!" Applebloom called out, clutching the toilet. The Drake came rushing to her side, finding her with her mane tied back and a weary smile on her face. She tilted her head slightly to the sink. Spike glanced over and there sitting before him was something that would change his life forever.

A positive pregnancy test.

The dragon squealed like a school-filly, kneeling beside her and wrapping his arms around her.

"Calm down ya dang lizard, ah still don't feel well an its yer fault if'n any sick gets on ya," she mumbled.

"Don't care! I'm a Dad!" he laughed. Applebloom shook her head, a second wave of nausea running through her. She laid her head against the cool bowl, relaxing between the cold of the toilet and the warmth of her drakefriend.


"Ya'll weren't even married yet?" Zephyr asked in surprise.

"Marriage is a big deal Zephyr, and I was with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle too. It'd be a little weird to propose to just one of them..."

"Pfft, so you're a player that got lucky?" Tempest teased. Spike winced and sighed.

"A player, no. Though I did get lucky," Spike recovered, "Your moms were really there for me when I needed them most, which you'd know if you let me finish the story," he finished, glancing at Tempest who laid down and clamped her mouth shut. Spike cleared his throat and continued.


Sweetie Belle squealed excitedly, hugging both of them.

"Oh I'm so happy! Is it a boy or a girl? Do you have any names yet? Have you told anyone else?" the unicorn assaulted them with questions.

"We dunno yet, not yet, no we ain't told a soul 'cept ya'll," Applebloom smiled, laying on her side when she was freed from Sweetie Belle's death grip. Scootaloo punched Spike's shoulder and chuckled.

"Look at you big guy, you're gonna be a dad!" She beamed.

"Doesn't that make us stepmoms? How does that work?" Sweetie Belle wondered "Actually, now that I think about it...Spike is a Dragon," Sweetie Belle pointed out. Everyone stared at her blankly.

"Um...Duh," Scootaloo argued.

"No, I mean, he's a DRAGON! And we're PONIES! How did Applebloom even get pregnant?" Sweetie Belle continued.

"Oh, that was th' easy part," Applebloom scoffed, causing Spike to blush.

"Right! Okay, anyway, so, what are you getting at Belle?" Spike asked.

"What kind of Foal are you two having? Is it gonna be a pony or a dragon?" Sweetie Belle asked softly. They stared at each other, mouths working uselessly as the question ran through their minds.


"So, we needed a second opinion," Spike finished explaining to Fluttershy. She set her cup of tea down, putting on a gentle smile.

"Why come to me though?" she asked softly, looking between them. Spike and Applebloom both raised an eyebrow, glancing at Discord hovering behind Fluttershy.

"Ah, you want information from moi? I'm flattered you asked so directly," Discord muttered.

"Last time we asked you something directly..." Spike began, Discord holding up his paw.

"Yes, yes, I know. No more pudding," he interrupted.

"If you are wondering then wonder no further, the Foal is a bit of both of you and will be a bit of both of you. Simple stuff, you add a dragon to a pony and you get a Dragon Pony. Loads of names for them, my favorite is Dracony," Discord smirked.

"Well that answers one question," Applebloom mumbled, her hooves over her stomach.

"Being a pony, it should develop like a normal Pony, but then again I've never actually encountered a hybrid, none really survive long enough to reach polite society," Discord went on.

"Survive?! I-Is somethin' wrong with my foal?" Applebloom panicked.

"Oh no, not at all. YOUR Foal will most likely be healthy and fine. Its just that Dragons don't much care for 'Freaks'. In case you wondered why I avoid Dragon Country," he finished, flourishing his paw at his mismatched body.

"They just...get rid of them?" Spike asked in shock, clenching his fists.

"It's a different society Spike, things work differently there. They have their own laws and those laws don't exactly support interspecies breeding," Discord pointed out. Spike sighed and nodded.

"Thanks for your help Discord," he mumbled, helping Applebloom off the couch


"Not t' complain or nothin' pa, but wheres th' adventure in this?" Zephyr asked softly. Spike sighed, batting away the flames.

"Fine, I'll tell the short version," he grumbled. He exhaled once more, letting the flames take shape.

"Remember what I explained earlier? About Ponies and Dragons being different?" Spike asked. They both nodded.

"Well Applebloom's body started to fail...She couldn't give you what you needed, so you took it from the rest of her body. Eventually she couldn't even walk. I almost lost her and I almost lost you Zephyr..."


"There has to be something I can do," Spike panicked. Twilight put a hoof on his shoulder.

"Maybe...Maybe the Foal is just too much Spike, we can still save Applebloom but..." Twilight began, Spike shrugging her hoof away.

"That Foal means everything to her Twilight, we aren't just giving him up," he growled. She took a slight step back, blinking as Celestia rested a wing over Spike.

"I understand your decision Spike, we'll leave that as our very final resort and we shall avoid it at all costs. For now, spend time with her. Your natural warmth should help her from getting any worse. In the meanwhile I will return to Canterlot and look into this, perhaps there is a solution within some of the older documents," Celestia offered. Spike nodded, hugging her before leaving to be with Applebloom.


"But being close to her didn't help. I was sure I was going to lose her and when I almost gave up, Scootaloo was there for us," Spike chuckled, a pegasus shape dancing in the flames. It stood up on its hind legs, spreading its wings out wide.

"I realized then what I had to do. I took Applebloom and I flew all the way to Canterlot. I needed to find a cure and the archives were the only place that would be possible. There's things in there that not even Celestia knows about,"


This was it...THIS WAS IT!

But he couldn't read it all, the text was old and he held the scroll gingerly in fear it would fall apart. He rushed over to where he had left Applebloom, finding her snoring quietly and wrapped in the blankets he had left. With a smile he rested a claw on top of her head.

"It's gonna be okay Bloom...I'm gonna fix this," he promised softly.

"Then, you've found a solution?" Celestia asked from the doorway. Spike turned to her and carefully held out the scroll. The Alicorn lifted it in her magic, her eyes scanning over it slowly.

"I see...the text is difficult, but it does hold the answer. Not all Dragon's were happy with the laws of their kind and found a way to keep their pony lovers alive and well. They would brew a special tonic for the ponies to consume to adapt their bodies to the foal..." Celestia murmured, pacing as she read.

"Does it say how to make it?" Spike asked impatiently, shaking his head with the beginnings of an apology on his lips.

"It doesn't, not exactly," Celestia interrupted him, giving him a knowing smile.

"The scroll is worn and while I can easily come across some of the ingredients, others...will be difficult to procure,"

"I don't care, we have to make this," Spike argued gently. She nodded, rolling up the scroll.

"I agree completely Spike. Know this, the ingredients we lack are in Dragon Country. If you wish to save your child and mare, you will have to go there...You will also need to convince one of them to reveal the rest of the ingredients. Are you up to this task?"


"Whoa, so you really went into Dragon Country? Just so you could save Mama an Zee?" Tempest asked, her eyes wide.

"Oh I did more than that...I took Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle with me. Actually, they didn't give me a choice,"


"You fight well for a whelp," the dragon towering over him boomed. Spike chuckled weakly, pivoting back and shifting his weight to the side as the dragon slammed his fist where he had just been. He snaked his arms around the massive wrist and with a roar to make his ancestors proud, hefted the dragon by his wrist, flinging him into the crowd of gathered whelps.

His body ached, his vision was fading and air refused to fill his lungs. But he couldn't stop. He started marching towards the dragon who leisurely rolled onto his stomach with a hearty chuckle.

"Stop! Stop!" the dragon said through his laughter, holding up a claw. Spike paused, watching the dragon wipe away a tear.

"It has been a while since someone has managed to throw me. Reminds me of my days as a whelp," he chuckled, smoke curling around his face. His entire body was surrounded in flames, shrinking down until he was matching Spike's size. He marched over to the worn out drake, putting a claw on his shoulder.

"You are a true dragon in my eyes, Spike of the Ponies. SPIKE!" He lifted Spike's arm, the dragons gathered around chanting his name, filling the air with bursts of flame and excited roars.

"But you don't care about all of this, all that matters is your mares, right?" the dragon asked softly. Spike nodded, the movement almost toppling the worn out drake.

"Oh! I'm Paragorn by the way," he chuckled, pulling Spike against him and helping him walk but making it seem like he was just hugging him.


"I lucked out with Paragorn, he was a much kinder dragon than most, but tradition had to be upheld and I had to prove myself as a true Dragon. Just getting to that point..." Spike clenched his teeth and cleared his throat. Some details were better left unsaid, for now.

"He taught me the recipe, even gave me the ingredients and showed me how to make it, and then gave us an escort home,"

"Did my mom fight a dragon?!" Tempest asked excitedly.

"She sure tried and if she hadn't, I don't think any of us would've survived,"


Out of breath and cradling a fresh Tonic, Spike rushed to Applebloom's side, the mare smiling up at him weakly.

"Spike, where ya been ya dang lizard?" she asked, holding out a shaky hoof. Spike knelt beside her, nuzzling into her cheek and smiling back.

"Just had to go do some shopping, here, I brought you something..." he said softly. He gently tipped the bottle against her lips, Applebloom drinking slowly. Spike didn't let up until she had finished every last drop, setting the bottle aside and holding her hoof, his thumb running back and forth slowly.

She laid her head against his leg and sighed softly.

"Tastes a might bit weird, jus' what in th' hay did ya jus' give me?" she asked, already sounding better. Spike watched as a bit of color returned to her coat.

"Just something for you and the foal, like I promised," he replied. She cracked an eye open to look up at him.

"Ya mean...H-He's gonna be okay?" she stammered.

"Even better, you're gonna be okay," he said, sitting her up and hugging her close. She gently wrapped her hooves around him and began to cry. She had been prepared to die for this foal. Not that she wanted to die. Far from it. Now, not only had Spike given her a foal, he had given her back her life.

Scootaloo chuckled from the doorway, Sweetie Belle putting the finishing touches on the bandages around her wing.

"So...who gets the next one?" she grinned.