• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 400 Views, 6 Comments

Long Distance Friendship - Drag Orion



The Map calls Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack to solve a friendship problem in different locations.

  • ...
 6
 400

Chapter 27

“Oh, my,” spoke Rarity as she took a look over what Pinkie Pie had scribbled. “So, this is your bakery? It is quite… um, you. I doubt there is a place in Canterlot or anywhere else, for that matter, quite like this.”

“I know,” smiled Pinkie happily. “It’ll be a one-of-a-kind place and be fun for everypony that goes there. Think of all the great and happy memories they’ll be able to make. That’s what you told me I should do.”

“Indeed I did,” agreed Rarity. “And I’m sure the cakes will love your ideas too when you show it to them. You might only have a drawing to show, but it is definitely a fine place to start.” Rarity turned to look at the clock. “Oh, my. Time sure does fly when one is creating fabulousness. I don’t know about you, but I could use something to eat after all our hard work.”

“Oh, then let’s go over to the Tasty Treat,” suggested Pinkie Pie. “I know that Saffron will be happy to see you too plus she’s got a new friend working there.”

“That sounds like a great idea,” agreed Rarity. “Let’s go, posthaste.”

The two quickly left the boutique and seconds later, in a flash of light, Starlight appeared. “Rarity?” she called as she looked around. “Rarity!?!” She kept on calling her and hastily searched every room of the boutique. “She’s not here. Where could she have gone off to?”

Outside, Pinkie and Rarity ran over to Cheese Sandwich who was still waiting by the two story bounce house. After all the time that had passed, the second story was looking quite deflated, but the same wasn’t true for the first story. “Would you care to join us for some dinner?” asked Rarity.

“I’m good,” he replied. “This shouldn’t take too much longer.”

“I would hope not,” commented Rarity seeing just how much more was still to go after several hours had gone by. Not pursuing the matter any further, Pinkie and Rarity made their way over to the Tasty Treat.

“Might be a good idea to turn in early so I can get an early start tomorrow,” decided Cheese Sandwich as he made his way into the half inflated bounce house and closed the door behind him.


“Hey, Saffron,” greeted Pinkie as she and Rarity arrived in the midst of the dinner rush. “I’m back and look who I brought with me this time.”

“Oh, Rarity!” Saffron said delighted. “I’m so glad to see you.”

“So am I,” Rarity answered. “And I must say you look like you are quite doing well now.”

“There’s not a day now that we aren’t busy,” she admitted.

“And how is Rocky doing?” wondered Pinkie Pie.

“He’s doing fine,” Saffron replied. “He’s hard at work in the kitchen right now, thanks to you. It’s just that…”

“Is there something else wrong?” she asked seeing the sad look on her face.

“There is,” she nodded. “Come into the kitchen and I’ll explain.”

The three made their way in and saw Rocky working more diligently than ever to get all the orders prepared. “Saffron, the next order is ready to be taken out,” he informed her. When he saw Pinkie and Rarity beside her, he greeted them as well. “Hi, Pinkie. And who’s your friend?”

“Rarity,” she introduced herself blushing a little seeing his well-built body and liking what she saw. “Charmed to meet you.”

“I’m happy to meet you,” he told her. “I’m sorry I don’t have time to talk, but we’re pretty busy out there. If you came for something to eat I promise you the food will be more than worth a little bit of waiting.”

“Rocky,” Saffron told him. “Please, stop.”

“Stop?” he questioned her. “We don’t have any time the waste. We got a lot of hungry customers waiting.”

“No,” she told him. “You’re the one who’s wasting time.”

“Are you going on about that again?” he asked. “I told you and you even read the letter yourself. None of my friends are going to be there so there is no sense in me running down there for no reason at all.”

“I know what you said and what was in the letter, but I know you don’t believe that,” she argued. “Why do you have to be like this? I thought you were finally warming up to me.”

“I did,” he answered with some agitation in his voice as he showed a strained smile on his face.

“Then why do I feel like you are forcing yourself to be happy with not going?” she questioned him.

“I am happy!” he shouted angrily knocking over the pot of spicy soup he had been working on. The customers in the front jumped, shocked as they heard the metal pot clang on the ground followed by the splashing of bubbling hot soup flood onto the floor. “I like you. I really do. I never thought I’d find another pony to be my friend besides those three from Manehatten, but I have. I’ve found new friends who accept me just like they did so I don’t have to feel alone. I feel like I can finally move on with my life.”

“Moving on is fine, but it doesn’t mean you have to forget about them to do that,” Pinkie told him. “I wouldn’t be the pony I am today if not for everypony who I met along the way. All those happy memories we share are one of my most precious treasures. Even something as simple as doing something silly like sitting on a whoopee cushion to make you laugh is a priceless experience to me. I can only imagine how important this thing you want to do with your friends is to you.”

“This would be our fifth year doing it,” he admitted.

“And it’s an anniversary too,” gasped Pinkie Pie even more alarmed.

“But there’s no point in worrying about it now,” he added. “It’s all the way out on Macintosh Hills. That’s impossible to reach from Canterlot in the time we have left. Even if I wanted to go-”

“You do,” interrupted Pinkie Pie.

“There is no way I’ll make it in time,” he finished.

“Hmm,” pondered Rarity, a smirk spreading across her muzzle. “I think I might know a way, but we’ll still have to be quick.”

“Rarity with the save,” cheered Pinkie.

“I still didn’t agree to this,” Rocky tried to say.

“You are going and this time I am putting my hoof down,” snapped Saffron with a stern look on her face. “And I don’t want to hear another word about it. Do I make myself clear?”

“Y-Y-Yes,” he answered meekly. “Just let me grab some stuff real quick.” He hurried upstairs almost haphazardly slipping along the way up, the bark gone from his voice completely.

“That stallion is really starting to get on my last nerve,” fumed Saffron. “He’s so hardheaded and stubborn. I’m starting to wonder why I have been going so far for him. Now I have to clean up this mess he made and then take care of the customers in the front. I can only imagine what they think has been going on back here.”

“Sounds to me like somepony has a crush,” giggled Rarity making Saffron’s face turn bright red.

“Is it that obvious?” she cried nervously.

“I might not have a Pinkie Sense,” Rarity admitted. “But I can see the writing all over your face.”

“Ok,” panted Rocky as he hurried back down with his black coat on and a cooler on his back. “I’m all set now.”

“Then let’s get going!” called Pinkie as she and Rocky headed out the door despite not knowing what Rarity had planned.

“Just keep doing what you’re doing,” Rarity advised her. “If what I just saw was any indication I think he might have a thing for you too, if he’s been behaving like this, but hasn’t left on his own accord.”

“You think so?” Saffron asked still blushing.

“I’ve ready plenty of romance novels,” smiled Rarity. “Now, if you’ll excuse me. I better catch up to those two cause I think they’re headed the wrong way.” Rarity hurried off.