• Published 27th Nov 2017
  • 404 Views, 6 Comments

Long Distance Friendship - Drag Orion



The Map calls Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack to solve a friendship problem in different locations.

  • ...
 6
 404

Chapter 16

“Friendship problem!” announced Pinkie Pie as she scoured every inch of Canterlot for exactly who she was supposed to help. Cheese Sandwich followed her every step of the way, worried as she only grew more frazzled as she looked. “Anyone have a friendship problem?” A random pony crossed their path minding his own business when Pinkie Pie just ran up to him and asked him outright, “Hey! Do you have a friendship problem.”

“Uwah!” he jumped back in fright and ran off.

“Uh, Pinkie,” he tried to say in a calm voice. “Perhaps it’s about time we took a break and got some rest.”

“We can’t rest yet,” she told him as one of her eyes twitched a little. “We must be getting close. We’ve already asked Fancy Pants, Celestia, Prince Blueblood, Donut Joe, Luna, Moon Dancer, Minuette, every palace guard, and twenty seven random ponies we passed by and none of them had any friendship problems. That only leaves-”

“The rest of Canterlot,” he pointed out. “And it feels like we’re further from whatever friendship problem you were supposed to solve than when we began. Maybe it’d be best to just call it a night and get some sleep.”

“I guess you’re right,” she yawned a little, weariness overcoming craziness. “It has been a busy day and I’m feeling as party pooped as I’ve ever felt.”

“Then just give me a second to set us up,” he told her taking out a little box. “Hmm, I think we should have enough room to set up over here.”

“Set up?” she asked as she watched him hit a button on the box and tossed it. As he did, the box opened up and the contents inside started to inflate at a rapid rate. In little over a minute, it had reached its full size and a two story building was now in front of them.”

“Is that a bounce house?” asked Pinkie Pie poking it with a hoof and saw that it was indeed one big balloon.

“It certainly is,” he answered opening the door and going inside. “Come on in and I’ll show you around.” Stepping inside, Pinkie was immediately in awe as she saw that it was decorated just like a real home with tables, chairs, and furniture of all kinds. It even had stairs to go up to the second floor. “It’s a two bedroom, one bath and perfect for the super duper party pony on the go. “So, what do you think?”

“Best house ever!” cheered Pinkie bouncing for joy.

“Maybe this is the answer to your bakery problem,” joked Cheese. “Instead of buying one that’s already there you could just make a bounce house bakery. Of course, it might be difficult to bake while bouncing.”

“Yeah, it probably would,” replied Pinkie not sounding very enthusiastic.

“Uh, it was a joking,” he told her expecting her to laugh. “Are you feeling alright, Pinkie? You were so excited about helping to open a bakery, but now you don’t seem very enthusiastic at all. Is it because of how expensive it was going to be? I know it seems like a lot, but I’m sure you’ll be able to handle it.”

“It’s not that,” sighed Pinkie. “It was what Rocky said about being able to move on and work as a chef even if his friends aren’t with him. It just got me thinking.”

“About your friends?” Cheese Sandwich assumed.

“I was so excited about being able to open a bakery I was even thinking about opening tons all over Equestria,” she explained. “But it didn’t occur to me till now that I’d be away from Ponyville for Celestia knows how long if I did. And it wouldn’t just be Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy I’d not see, but everyone else in Ponyville too. I’ve made so many parties there and have so many more parties planned I’d end up missing so much if I was away. Now I’m starting to think that I don’t want to do that at all. You think the Cakes will be upset with me if I told them I changed my mind?”

“Being that I don’t know them and you do,” he reminded her. “I’m sure you already know the answer to that.”

“They wouldn’t be upset,” replied Pinkie with a slight smile now on her face. “They are practically like my family. Oh, and remembering that makes me want to help them open up another bakery. Now I’m back where I started again! There’s no way out!”

“You’re putting too much pressure on yourself,” Cheese calmed her. “If you aren’t ready for it now, then you should just put it out of your mind and get some rest. Don’t forget the main reason you came to Canterlot in the first place.”

“To find… a friendship problem,” she answered managing to calm down enough and realize how tired she was feeling after a long and busy day. She let out a big yawn and rubbed her eyes.

“Then tomorrow, just focus on that,” he instructed. “You may not have figured it out today, but I’m sure you’ll have it figured out by then.” Pinkie didn’t answer. Fatigue had finally caught up with her and she ended falling asleep atop the bouncy table. Cheese Sandwich carefully picked Pinkie up and carried her up to one of the bedrooms and put her down on the bed. He then retreated to the other bedroom to get some rest himself.