• Published 26th Nov 2017
  • 1,865 Views, 10 Comments

FireFlies - Red-Action



When a pony and a changeling go for drinks at a new pub, a small accident will be the start of a new relationship in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,865

Drinks At The Pub...

It was a starry night at Wonderbolts Academy as Spitfire, Captain of the Wonderbolts was working at her desk over the new students evaluations tests. She was checking there grades as she does every time this night. Just another night of work till she went home. After a few minutes she sighed and turned around to look out her window, she used her spyglass from her desk to look at the distance town of Ponyville.

What Spitfire was looking at was a new and popular pub and inn called The Sleeping Mare Inn. Not many ponies knew was Spitfire did love a drink of cider now and then. It had been a long time since she had some from Ponyville, its sweet taste haunting her thoughts.

Spitfire looked at the clock on her office wall.

“Almost midnight. ‘sigh’.” Spitfire was about to counted her work when she realized she was already done.

“Oh right, I started this paperwork early...must have slipped my mind.” Spitfire look at the clock.

The Wonderbolt Captain thought for a minute and decided to treat herself for a honest days work. So Spitfire left her office after locking the door, changing out of her Wonderbolt jacket, and proceeded to fly to Ponyville for a quiet drink.

….

Spitfire arrived at The Sleeping Mare to see it was clearly almost closing time as not many ponies left in the building but the Inn’s staff. The Inn had an elegant but simple style, with a few bright colors splashed around the inner room.

Spitfire trotted up to the bar to noticed somepony who wasn’t a pony at all setting on a bar stool. It was the leader of the new changelings, Thorax, who was spinning down some hard cider. With a smile on his face.

Spitfire was greeted by the Innkeeper named Rock Dream.

“Welcome miss to The Sleeping Mare. What can I get you this late hour?”

“Some cider please.” Spitfire waited as the Innkeeper went to get more cider from the basement.

“Ah excuse me? Are you Thorax?” Spitfire asked the changeling just to be sure.

“Yes...Oh. Your Spitfire! Captain of the Wonderbolts.” Thorax found himself surprised.

“Oh I take it you've heard of me?”

“Yes my friend Spike and Rainbow Dash told me a lot about you, even shown me a few pictures too.”

“That sounds like Dash.” Spitfire laugh a bit.

“So by what I’ve heard your very busy all the time...a bit surprised your here.”

“Well...I managed to finished my work early and decided to treat myself to so hard won cider.”

Ah that make sense...one must treat themselves for a good job done.” Thorax took a sip of cider.

“You got that right.” Just then the Innkeeper came back from the basement with a bottle of hard cider and poured a mug for Spitfire. She was about to drink when she thought of something.

“So Thorax...I'm kinda wondering why the leader of the changelings is in a pony pub at this hour.”

“Oh I was here long before that...I was actually having a monthly visit with Spike when I noticed Ponyville had their new building. I had never had cider before but once I tasted it I just couldn’t stop, plus I love talking to all the hardworking ponies about their day.”

“Well, If I keep finishing my work early like this, you might see me a bit more here.”

“I'd like that…” Thorax and Spitfire both blushed a bit.

Spitfire decided to split her glass of hard cider with Thorax who gladly accepted. The two drank down there cider with gusto, however Spitfire felt something wrong in her stomach. Spitfire’s vision began to drift as she became dizzy. The last thing Spitfire saw before passing out was the worried look on Thorax’s face.

….

Spitfire slowly awoke to the smell of a clean hospital room. She looked around to see herself in a bed at the Ponyville medical center. She looked to the left of her side to see the sun rising from the window. However when she turned her head right she saw a sleeping Thorax in a hospital chair.

Thorax awoke to see Spitfire had come back to consciousness.

“Spitfire! Your ok!”

“Oh my head...what happened last night? Spitfire asked as Thorax left the chair to hold her hoof.

“We both drank a bad bottle of cider the innkeeper grabbed by mistake. It was way past its use-date, and it knocked you out.”

“Wait but why didn't you pass out?” Spitfire asked.

“Changelings have regenerating organs such as our livers, it is nearly impossible for us the be drunk or poisoned.”

“Lucky…” Spitfire had a small laugh.

“I quickly rushed you to the hospital in time and waited by your side just incase you needed me.”

“Thank you Thorax, your one cool dude.” Spitfire smiled as Thorax blushed greatly.

….

It had been a few days as all of Spitfire’s friends and coworkers came to visit her in the hospital each blessing the royal princess that she was ok and thanking Thorax for helping her. Eventually the doctors at the hospital gave Spitfire a good bill of health allowing her to leave and go back home. A very emotional few days for both Spitfire and Thorax as the changeling leader lead Spitfire outside the hospital.

“I hope this doesn't put you off drinking cider or going and enjoying yourself.” Thorax looked to Spitfire to see her looking into his eyes.

“Well, it wasn’t a total disaster.” Spitfire commented.

“Why do you say that?” Thorax asked.

“I got to meet somepony like you.” Spitfire kissed Thorax on the cheek to which the changeling glowed red all over his face.

“I think next time I’ll have to take a early vacation to the changeling kingdom…*wink*” With that Spitfire flew into the air back home.

Thorax’s face began to cool down as he looked on at Spitfire, saying to himself.

“I love Ponyville…” Thorax trotted home with a smile on his face.

The End...For now.

Comments ( 10 )

Honestly, I get the feeling this fic was done in a rush. Everything was far too fast paced, should have slowed down things just a tad for me to really feel the romance.

I love crack pairings! Needs work, but it has potential!

8574104
yep I rushed it but then I was just bored today. :twilightsheepish:

8574115


Thank you :twilightsmile:

8574104
in hindsight if I made it longer it would be more paced out, my bad:twilightsheepish:

8574119
Yeah, the thing is with a budding romance, it can't be done in just 1,000 words. You need more than that just to build up to it.

8574331
the contest stated today....its not a speed race, but I don't think I will win. oh well

Nice work on thus story.

I detected a new ship.

the needs a 8 to 12 chapter sequel! it was a bit rushed and jerky but the core character behaviors and shipping is great! we need MOAR! :yay:

Login or register to comment