• Published 24th Nov 2017
  • 330 Views, 0 Comments

Sisters For Something - Sputniik



Cupcake begins to realize how long she's been away from her sister, even most of her friends. Maybe today is the day to reverse all of this.

  • ...
 0
 330

The Tell Tale Black Heart

*WARNING: This chapter involves deaths, some angst, and slight gore! You have been warned!


Black Heart....

She was the angry, lonely, friendless pony for a reason. It wasn't her fault. Not at all.

She was just ten years old when it really began. Her parents were gothic, and loved to tamper with the 'unliving' and old, ancient spells that even Celestia herself refused to touch. Black Heart had three sisters: Silver Night, the quietest, Lumi, the talented one, and lastly, Aurora. She never seemed to have a personality. She was just... paranormal. But unlike the others, Black Heart loved her.

One Nightmare Night, her parents, Emerald and Lucy, returned home late that afternoon to their uncomfortable large home. "Hey, girls! Would you like to see the spell your father and I found?" Lucy asked. The four all waited in excitement and nodded.

As usual, she rambled on about how the spell was found under the rubble of an abandoned cottage by a river. They never even seemed worried, scared or nervous about anything they did, and whenever somepony would ask, "Isn't that dangerous?" with fear engulfing their question, one would look back with a smile and say:
"Don't worry...."

They were Insane....

But this time was different. Nothing seemed too strange or unusual like it normally did. They watched in such patience, as if they were willing to wait for days. Lights were off, all was dark, but the seven candles lit in the basement, where the family sat. Then....

It happened.

It was, within a matter of minutes, Aurora began to tremble. Was she cold? Or was it the fear of their parents' antics?
"Aurora? Is... s-she okay, mother?" Black Heart asked, worried about her favorite sister. The other two stared at her in slight worry.
"Mom, stop. You're scaring Aurora!" Lumi shouted. Her eyes began to water up, as her sister's shaking became for severe. The two parents opened their eyes and gasped.
"Aurora, honey, it's okay...." Lucy reached her hoof out to the trebling filly. When she caught sight of her hoof, she screamed.
"GET AWAY FROM ME! G-GET AWAY!" she began to cry, frightening Silver, who shrank back. Emerald got up, eyes wide. Father's gonna help her... he's g-gonna help her... Black Heart thought. But she'd thought wrong, as her ears drooped at the words she heard next.
"Get out of my child, you....spirit," Emerald said in a low menacing whisper, as Aurora slowly backed away from the stallion.

"D-dad.... P-please...." Aurora whispered, as she felt something cold touch her flank. The wall. Lucy trotted up, a crystal vase held in her magic. She stared at her filly with wonder and sadness. Time just seemed to tick slowly, maybe none at all, until time sped up. It all happened so fast...

"D-don't hurt me...."

They hit her.

The vase's crash on the unicorn's skull echoed the halls, as her ear-piercing scream filled the house. Again. Again! The bashed her in the head with anything they could find, blood pouring freely down her face, bones crunching. Her scream. Black Heart's screams. Something that would haunt their dreams forever.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Lumi screamed at the top of her lungs, launching herself at the murderers they once called parents. Emerald gentl shoved the filly away.
"Lumi, sweetie, stay out of this. We need to help Aurora-"

"HELP HER?! You killed her! You killed Aurora!" Lumi bawled, tears dripping the floor. She watched as Aurora breathed heavily, forcing her body to taking breaths. She could see the white of bone in her head, and the dark blood that puddled the floors. The scent.... unbarable....

"Lumi, I said stay out of this, or we'll have to-"

"HAVE TO WHAT?! GROUND ME OR MURDER ME? I don't gie a flying feather what you'll do to me! I don't even know you anymore, I TRUSTED YOU! I'D LOVED YOU!" Lumi had officially broken down now, releasing yells into the house, that shook the chandeliers. Black Heart and Silver shivvered in a nearby corner, watching the scene unfold. The two had gone blood-cold, faces pale as a ghost, and eyes wide as saucers.

"W-w-what if m-mom and d-dad find u-us......?" Black heart asked herself. Silver sobbed into her sister's yellow fur. They just layed there, for hours, as Lumi fought. Fought for her family.
"I-I'm scared, Black Heart... I d-don't wanna d-d-die....." Silver sniffed, as Lumi ceased her arguement.

".....don't..... 'cause...... leave....!" they could barely hear. After that, Lumi disapeared from sight, and a door slammed shut. Lumi was gone.
Silver's heart stopped. She leapt out of their hiding spot and dashed for the front door.
"Silver, no!" Black Heart whisper-yelled.

"Where do you think you're going, young mare?" a familiar, unmotherly voice asked. Black Heart gulped.

"To get Lumi back! I won't stay here with... you...." her voice trailed off.

"You listen here. Nopony, and I mean nopony hears about our situation. Do you hear me?"

Silence.
Black Heart guessed she must have nodded.

"And, you are confined to this house until further notice."

"Y-yes... mother..."

"Where is Black Heart?" The filly's heart went into her throat.

"S-she snuck out......"

"Very well. If you ever meet up with her or Lumi, tell them they are never to be seen in my house again."

Another sound of a door shutting. The parents left, with Aurora's body. Silver came running.

"We need to c-call help, Black Heart, before t-they find you...." Silver said, with determination she never even knew she had. Black Heart nodded, dazed.

"O-okay, but... Whatever happens next, I need you to be there with me..."


The attept failed, since there was no way to contact anypony until the phones charged, which happened to finally have enough energy when the parents returned. Silver hid Black Heart in the basement, and she swore, everynight, she heard the wails of her dead sister.

It scared her.

Silver rarely slept, since she kept a close eye on where they went when they got up at nights. It was a simple awakening spell, whenever a pony stepped out of the magical boundaries, she'd be woken up, as well as Black Heart. She also brought down food often, and water, and some nights, watched over her, and slept right next to her. And she could hear the wails, too.

Four weeks passed, until the perfect opportunity arrived. Black Heart was sick and skinny from lack of food and hydration, but the parents had gone out to search for more spells under rubble on the edges of town. They had the phone, radio, and the second they left, the two packed their things and finally, after a month, called.

Twenty-four minutes later, the police located and made way to the house, seconds after the two returned home. The two were sent to a foster home. Soon, it was Cherry and Sugar who ended up adopting Black Heart, and Silver was taken in by a pegasus family, who lived nearby Black Heart's new home in Ponyille. Weeks later, police returned with news.

"Emerald Heart and Lucy Silverwing have been sentenced to death, M'am." One stallion reported, solemly. Cherry was shocked.
"Oh, goodness! What did they even do to the children? Didn't you say they murdered them? How many were there?" Questions were tumbling out of the mare's head.

" We......" he breathed in, "We're unsure, Miss, all we know is that they killed one of their four children, kicked one out, and two of them were able to contact us." He closed his eyes and shook his head.

"The poor things! Is Black Heart's sister doing.... fine in her new home?"

"Oh, certainly yes. She lives with a large, loving pegasus family. If... she wants, perhaps I can get in contact with them and ask for them to.... maybe, see each other again...?"

No, are you crazy? It'll bring back horrid memories, they might as well forget each other! Cheery almost said. But she felt a bit of pity in her heart. She remembered how it felt when her older siblings had left home, and onto their own lives, her being the youngest in her family. I can't imagine what she must be feeling... Now wonder the filly's been so distant..... she thought, sadly. A small, hopeful smile soon tugged at her muzzle. "Maybe...." she said.

"Maybe oneday,"