• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 5,902 Views, 551 Comments

Pony-Me™ - TheMajorTechie



What happens when you realize that your life is a simulation? Well, you put the headset back on.

  • ...
15
 551
 5,902

PreviousChapters Next
And old friends to greet.

"Hey!" Lisa called to the boy and his cobblestones.

The boy awkwardly glanced towards her, but otherwise continued constructing a small tower of stones.

"...Hi?" Lisa said again, walking closer to the boy.

He turned towards Lisa, but appeared almost as if he was distracted by something.

Lisa sat down beside the boy, watching silently as he continued to idly stack cobblestone slabs.

"So... where did you come from?" Lisa asked curiously, leaning closer towards the boy.

The boy rolled his eyes. "Someplace you don't need to hear about." he groaned, turning away from Lisa, "Just leave me alone!"

He stood up and turned to leave, kicking the stones over as he did so.

"Wait--" Lisa continued, standing up as well, "Please, why don't you want to talk?"

The boy paused, before turning to face Lisa. "Why do you want to know?!" He replied angrily, "I said leave me alone! I've already tried to talk to the others in this place, but all they do is laugh."

Lisa put a hand on the boy's shoulder. "It's okay," she said calmly, "I won't laugh."

The boy frowned. "Why should I trust you? I hardly know you! How can I know that you won't be like the others?"

"Shh," Lisa calmed as she placed a finger over the boy's mouth, "I'm sure that there's nothing to be embarrassed about."

"NYA HIGAWAH!" An older woman screeched as she shot past, slamming face-first into a brick wall.

The two gaped as the woman proceeded to peel herself from the wall completely unfazed, and stumble in a hop-like manner back to wherever it was that she had come from.

"Point taken," the boy sighed, "I guess coming from a pony simulation doesn't sound as stupid as wherever it was she came from."

Lisa sat back down, motioning for the boy to do the same. "So," she began, "Would you like to tell me a bit about yourself? Or at least... whoever you were before?"

The boy looked around nervously, but quickly turned back to face Lisa. "I..." he stammered quietly, "I was a library assistant. I was practically adopted by the pony that ran the place, to the point of which I pretty much was like a brother to her, but then yesterday, with the disconnect, one of the first things I saw when I got into her room was... was-- she just... vanished! I got really worried at first because of the way she disappeared, but then I got stuck in place, before being disconnected myself..."

Lisa mouthed an "Oh." before placing her hand on the boy's shoulder again. "It's okay. When I woke up, I found out that I lost a rather trusty assistant myself, as well."

The boy sniffed, and rubbed his eyes. "Wait, y-you mean--"

"I'm just happy to be with you again, Spike."

"You... you're Twilight?!" The boy exclaimed, looking Lisa from head to toe, "You don't even look like her! I mean, you still mostly sound like her, but..."

Lisa smirked. "Have you even looked at yourself yet, Spike?" she replied, "You don't exactly have any sort of striking resemblance yourself. Have you looked at you wristband yet?"

The boy nodded, lifting his right hand. "Right here. Says that I'm some Timothy Carter dude. I think I'll stick with being called Spike though."

Nodding, Lisa took Timothy's hand. "Well," she began slowly, "All I'm wondering now is the state of Equestria in our absence, and..."

"And?" Timothy pressed, "C'mon, Twi, let it out."

"...and whether or not we should go back." Lisa finished, "I mean, think about it for a moment. The two of us, and who knows whether or not our friends were disconnected as well, just vanish from the plane of existence without a word, quite possibly never to be heard from again."

Timothy nodded. "Uh huh. Go on?"

"If we suddenly return after days pass without us being seen or heard from anywhere, I'm sure that at that point, we'd be considered dead. Of which would mean that your return could not only spur panic, but widespread chaos throughout Equestria, leading to--"

"Twilight." Timothy deadpanned, "You're overthinking things again."

Lisa shook herself from her stupor. "Y-yeah. I was, wasn't I?" she sighed, "And I guess you can keep calling me Twilight, since we already know each other."

Timothy glanced back towards his cobblestone stack. "Yeah, I guess." he said quietly.

Author's Note:

You never know who you meet when you wake up from your own (simulated) life! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next