• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 522 Views, 5 Comments

Vinyl Scratch and Octavia: I Have To Fix This Before...It's Already too Late - FlutterDashFan18



After the events of what happened, Vinyl tries to fix it.

  • ...
 5
 522

Misunderstandings

Fredric along with Neon, Bon Bon, and Lyra was trotting down a path and were about to search for Vinyl. The three then began explaining to Freddy their side of the story about what happened earlier during the night.

"So anyways, what brings you three here?" Fredric asked as her along with the other three were trotting down the street.

"Vinyl wanted to ask out Octavia, but I see she's already been taken." Neon explained to him.

"Taken?" Fredric asked. "I think you were all misinformed. Octavia and I are only companions. To be perfectly honest, I did admire her at first but when I confessed my love and admiration to her, she rejected the offer and told me that her heart belongs to somepony else."

"Oh, really? Who?" Neon asked looking and sounding very curious to his friends response.

"I think Octavia told me that her name was...um...it was...Vinyl?" Fredric answered making it sound more like a question than an answer while putting his hoof on his chin.

"I guess Octavia does like Vinyl back." Neon responded.

"Called it!" Lyra cheered pumping her hoof in the air out of celebration.

"Um, I think you meant I called it since I assumed that Octavia likes Vinyl." Bon Bon corrected Lyra.

"Whatever, doesn't matter anyways." Lyra responded as Bon Bon rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"That's a coincidence cuz Vinyl told me that she was sweet on Octavia." Neon commented having a rather puzzled look on his face.

"I guess they were crushing on each other." Lyra realized

"You guess?" Bon Bon asked slightly irritated.

"Hey there's Vinyl." Lyra pointed a good at the sobbing while unicorn sitting on bench.

"Vinyl!" They all shouted in unison while galloping towards her.

"There you are V." Stated Neon in a very worried tone with a matching expression.

"We had been worried sick about you." Bon Bon scolded.

"Oh hey guys. Oh and you brought him along. Octavia's new colt friend." Vinyl then began glaring at Fredric. The jealous glare.

"Here's the thing." Lyra started.

"Fredric isn't Octavia's colt friend." Neon Lights finished.

"What?! Then how come I saw you two hugging each other? And what's with the roses? And I thought that Octavia was in love with me but then moved on with Fredric." Vinyl was looking very surprised at the sudden statement.

"It is quite a lengthy story." Fredric started. "Octavia and I are nothing more or nothing less than simple conpanions. I did have some romantic feelings for her but I was rejected. I respected her wishes and Octavia told me all about you. She told me about how you both met during your days at University. She told me about how she fell in love with you. Vinyl, Octavia really is in love with you all of this time."

"Wow. I guess Bon Bon's theory was right all of this time. I can't believe how stupid I was for not realizing it."

"No worries V. Ponies can make the exact same mistake as you." Neon told her trying to cheer his friends up.

"Yeah. Before Bonnie and I dated. We didn't really know how we or the other pony felt which caused a lot of drama." Lyra added remembering a similar sitiuation.

"Yeah. That." Bon Bon commented Lyra.

"What happened between you guys before you both went out with each other?" Fredric asked.

"It's a long story." Bon Bon responded.

"Sorry dude for accusing you like that back there." Vinyl apoligized to Fredric.

"It's quite alright. Octavia is very lucky to have such an amazing pony such as you." Fredric accepted Vinyl.

"Now that this thing was cleared up, what are we gonna do with Octavia?" Bon Bon asked.

"I say I go up to her and tell her how I feel." Vinyl suggested wiping all the tears in her eyes making a determined pose and face.

"Wait to take a risk." Lyra complimented Vinyl.

"Yeah. Go for it." Bon Bon encouraged Vinyl agreeing with Lyra's comment.

"How?" Vinyl asked.

"I think I have an exemplary suggestion." Fredric chimed in.

"Really? What?" Bon Bon asked.

"I'll make reservations for you both at the restaraunt in Canterlot. You can maybe tell her how you feel at an appropriate time and I'm sure she will say yes." Fredic offered.

"Really? Wow! Thanks Fredric. Your the best!" Vinyl thanked hugging the stallion.

"Ooof! Um, your welcome." Fredric responded.

"Well, since you're going to Canterlot, you need to look presentable. No friend of mine is going to Canterlot looking like, well, that!" Bon Bon suggested.

"True. Why not call your cousin Rarity. She is a fashion designer after all. Heck, she has her own boutique at both Ponyville and Canterlot." Lyra added in.

"Good call." Vinyl commented. "Well, I better go see Rarity for my makeover."

"Wow. Vinyl Scratch wearing a frilly dress and make up. This I gotta see." Neon teased follwed by a small laugh. Lyra then joins Neon in the laughter only to get paused by an unamused Vinyl glaring at them. Things quickly calmed down after that.

"Yes, well, um, I must be going. Take care everypony. I'll be sure to make the reservations for both you and Octavia tomorrow. I'll let you know when your dinner reservation is." Fredric began trotting the opposite direction back to his house.

"See ya man!" Neon shouted

"Take care!" Bon Bon shouted waving with her forhoof.

"Bye!" Lyra called out.

"Thanks and see ya!" Vinyl called out.

"Well, now all I have to do is go see Rarity for my dress and I will be home free." Vinyl told her friends. "But what if I screw up big time? She'll probably hate my guts and I'll die a really really sad death."

"No worries PON-3." Neon comforted her. "We'll be there and watch you the entire time to make sure things run smoothly at your confession."

"Hold it right there Mr. Matchmaker." Bon Bon disagreed. "Since when are we gonna be spying on them? I will be an invasion of their privacy."

"Oh come on Bonnie. Vinyl could use the support." Lyra persuaded her.

"I guess you're right about that." Bon Bon agreed.

"You guys would do that for me?" Vinyl asked her eyes sparking.

"Course we would. That's what friends are for right?" Neon assured her.

"Yeah what he said." Lyra added in. Bon Bon nodded in agreement.

"Thanks you guys. You are the best friends a pony could ask for." Vinyl was so thankful for her friends' act of kindness. "Well, gotta catch the train if I want to make myself look hot."

The four then parted ways. They all went home accept for Vinyl of course who is catching the train for Ponyville. She was one step closer to getting her mare.

Author's Note:

Here is part 2. Don't forget to follwing my story to see what happens next. I'll be sure to update as soon as I can. and my channel to see what story I post next and share all my fics to everyone you know. Hope you all enjoy.

Comments ( 3 )

9157142
Oh sorry about that. I'll try to get it out.

Login or register to comment