• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 521 Views, 5 Comments

Vinyl Scratch and Octavia: I Have To Fix This Before...It's Already too Late - FlutterDashFan18



After the events of what happened, Vinyl tries to fix it.

  • ...
 5
 521

I Have To Fix This Before...It's Already Too Late

Things were not looking good for Vinyl and Octavia. Vinyl missed her chance to ask her out, Octavia thought that Vinyl found another. One little misunderstanding causing drama for them both. In the apartment, Octavia was still continuing practicing her cello playing a melancholic melody while still shedding tears of sorrow. The salty tears were hitting onto the cello like raindrops from a storm cloud.

"I must move on. Vinyl has found another. I should be happy for her yet it's so difficult to leave the past behind me." She told herself. She perked up when she heard a knock at her door. She put her bow down and trotted to her front door of her and Vinyl's apartment and opens the door revealing one of her closest friends, Fredric Horseshoepin.

"Greetings Octavia." He greeted her.

"As to you too. Come in." Octavia replied back to him letting her friend into the apartment.

"So, what brings you here?" Octavia asked.

"There is something I would like to tell you." He started. His face began to turn slightly pink.

"Yes? Go on." Octavia replied. He took a deep breathe and told her what he needed to say.

"For quite some time, I had admired you. I was hoping that you could be my special somepony?" He confessed as he pulls out a big, beautiful bouquet of pink roses. Octavia exhaled and answered,

"I'm flattered but I'm in love with someone else but unfortunately, she is with another. I'm afraid I'm not ready to go out and search for somepony else right now."

"Oh I see. I understand." Fredric told her respecting her wishes. "Who is it that you have feelings for?" Octavia then began to blush as red as a tomato and took a deep breathe.

"It's Vinyl." Octavia answered.

"I see. If it's not too much trouble, would you like to talk about it?" Fredric offered.

"I suppose." She replied. "It all began when we first met at University. We were roommates back then and she took me on so many new adventures. I had admired her ever since."

"I see." Fredric was paying attention to every word she was saying. Octavia then continues her story about how she fell in love with Vinyl.

"Then after we had graduated. We stopped keeping in touch for quite a bit but we reunited again in Ponyville a few years ago when we had to perform for Cranky Doodle and Matilda's wedding. At first, I thought that her so called "wubs" wouldn't be able to go well with my cello but then when our two different worlds of music came together, it was like our melodies intertwined with each other in perfect harmony. It was new but it was such beautiful music to my ears. I began falling in love with her even more."

"Wow. That must of been a very heartwarming moment for you." Fredric commented. Octavia then began forming tears in her eyes as she began to continue.

"Indeed it was. It was some of my most favorite moments with her. We got along so well that we decided that we would become roommates once again and move into this apartment a few years ago.

"So that's how you began living with Vinyl. Anyways, what happened with Vinyl and the person she's dating?" He brought up.

"Oh that's right." Octavia remembered. "She offered me a ticket to go to a nightclub called 'Club Luna.'"

"Club Luna? Oh I see, I know that place. One of my companions Neon Lights took me to that place once."

"Wait. You know Neon Lights? As in, the mint green unicorn who wears a black dress shirt and white tie? The one with the messy black mane?" Octavia asked in surprise.

"Yes. Indeed I do. Why do you ask?" He simply replied.

"When Vinyl and I arrived to the club, we were so far enjoying ourselves dancing to some music until Neon Lights showed up. Vinyl introduced him to me and I sort of felt...well...you know..."Octavia was having a hard time admiting her feeling of jealousy to her male companion.

"Envious?" Fredric asked helping her complete her sentence.

"You could say that. Anyways, when they performed a duet together on stage. He confessed his love for Vinyl which meant it was too late so I stormed out of the building."

"What was her response?" Frederic asked. Octavia then realized that she didn't hear her response and that she was jumping to conclusions.

"Oh no." She panicked. "I stormed out of the building before I could listen for a response. I jumped to conclusions."

"It's okay Octavia calm down. Maybe she said yes. Maybe she said no. You won't know until you talked to her." Fredric was trying to calm Octavia down.

"Maybe if I talked to her, maybe I can figure out what had happened while I was gone." Octavia suggested.

"Brilliant idea. Remember, even if she is in love with somepony else, you two can always be friends." Fredric said.

"Thank so much. I'm so overjoyed that I have a wonderful companion such as you." Octavia thanked while hugging Fredic. Fredric decided to hug Octavia back and said,

"Of course. That is what friends are for."


Meanwhile, Vinyl along with Neon, Bon Bon, and Lyra were sprinting to Vinyl and Octavia's apartment so that Vinyl could make an attempt to fix her mistake. She hoped that she could make things right between her and Octavia and maybe even clear the air and try to confess to her.

"I hope Octavia is still home." Vinyl hoped.

"This is turning out to be like that high school drama book I read a while ago." Bon Bon commented making a connection with the situation and something else.

"You actually read that cliche high school romance with the mean girls and the mean jocks and cheerleaders?" Lyra asked.

"Not to mention the friendship betrayel." Neon Lights added.

"So what if I do." Bon Bon said looking and sounding feeling a little offenrded.

"Don't worry Bonny. I read that stuff sometimes." Lyra said. When the four made it to the apartment, they looked through the hole in the door and the sight shocked all four of them especially Vinyl. They saw Fredric and Octavia hugging. The four looked very disappointed.

"Aww. That's too bad." Lyra said in a sad tone.

"That's gotta sting." Neon commented taking his pair of shades off.

"I'm really sorry Vinyl." Bon Bon apologized. Vinyl then began forming tears in her eyes. She then breaks down into tears crying her eyes out.

"I guess I was too late." She said as she ran away from the three.

"Vinyl! Wait up!" Neon yelled. They decided to follow only to be interrupted by Fredric walking out of the apartment.

"Oh why hello there Neon." He greeted Neon.

"Freddy! My main man!" He yelled throwing his arms around his friend.

"I thought I told you to cease addressing me like that." Fredric complained. "Anyways, what brings you here?"

"It's kinda a long story." Neon started.

"Yeah. You better get some popcorn for this." Lyra commented.

To be continued

Author's Note:

This is part one of my sequal to "Vinyl and Octavia: Secret Love Song" fanfic. I hope you all like it so far. I'll post the rest of the story as soon as I can.