• Published 13th Dec 2017
  • 2,733 Views, 139 Comments

Show Business - Natedogg2006



Why would a pony make themselves completely unlikable in order to be liked. Maybe "The Great And Powerful Trixie" will be able to teach Twilight Sparkle a few things.

  • ...
1
 139
 2,733

Mentors: The more things change the more they stay the same.

"Beatrix sweetie, you'd better hurry up. We still need to actually pack up your cart before you hit the road."

"Yeah yeah, I'm almost done." Dawn the day after the couple's enlightening breakfast with the showmares mentor had come bright and early as it always did every morning. And it was completely ignored by the pair for about four hours much like it was every morning as well. They did finally rise to meet the day and the questions left over from the experience.

After putting off thinking about the situation all day and night Beatrix had decided that the healthiest thing for her to do.. was to keep putting off thinking about it. Though it drew a disapproving look from Twilight the pair did have to put it off so they could get ready to leave on time seeing that they had slept in so long.

Twilight had taken the first shower while Beatrix had started the packing, mostly so Beatrix could take the second shower and she could correct all of her packing. Beatrix was just brushing out her mane when Twilight decided to speak up again.

"Hey, did you happen to remember where I took off those new earrings you got me for Moonlight."

Beatrix ran through her memories of the night after the show. "Ah pony feathers. Did you check the bed, I don't think I remember you taking them out before we crashed."

"I didn't either but they definitely aren't there. I think I must have still been wearing them yesterday."

A thought suddenly came to Beatrix as she set her brush down and pressed her hoof to her forehead. "Buck, I forgot about the pockets he sewed in on the inside of his sleeves."

"... What are you talking about?"

"Presto." The name came out clipped and annoyed.

"... Are you saying he got my earrings out while I was still wearing them, despite never actually approaching me."

"It's entirely possible when we're talking about him."

"... Are you sure he's actually a pegasus?"

"I'm not even sure he's a pony sometimes honey." She quickly packed her brush and the last of her stuff in the bathroom. "Hurry up, we're now running even later. I know where he usually fences stuff and the guy owes me a favor."

Author's Note:

Threw this on at the end just to try and further the nature, and legend, of Presto. Hopefully I created a character that would have a lasting impression. I like him over all, but if you all see any more of him it will probably be in small amounts. The Mentors arch will continue, but there will be a slight interlude. Mostly because I think I need to add a bit more conflict. Hopefully I'll get it done a little sooner this time.