• Published 8th Jan 2018
  • 751 Views, 21 Comments

Double Trouble - StormLuna



While Starlight Glimmer is in Canterlot for a few days, a couple of ponies from Starlight's past arrive in Ponyville to entertain the locals but after seeing who lives there, they decide to cause problems instead.

  • ...
9
 21
 751

Prelude: Summons to Canterlot

Another day had arrived in Ponyville and like they had been more often on days when they had nothing to do, Starlight and Spike were helping Applejack and Lemon Hearts at Sweet Apple Acres. One thing that really surprised Starlight is that Lemon Hearts, who at one time was no fan of getting dirty, was apple bucking just like her siblings did.

On the days they were there and helped out, the two usually held the baskets to catch the apples as they fell. Given that she had magic, Starlight had no problems catching them but given his size and not having magic, it was not so easy for Spike. When Lemon Hearts kicked one of the trees and Spike missed half of them, she was not thrilled. She gave Spike a slight look of disapproval and sighed, "Spike, you have to catch all of them! You're increasing our workload."

Starlight was not thrilled that she would show disapproval towards her assistant. She glared at her and asked, "Lemon Hearts, why don't you just use your magic to catch them or at least pick up the ones he doesn't catch." Her glare intensified as she continued, "After all, you are a unicorn and Spike isn't all that big so you don't need to be upset with him."

Lemon Hearts was not thrilled by Starlight's comment. She glared back at her and replied, "I know I'm a unicorn but I'm sticking to Apple Family traditions...."

Applejack overheard her and suggested, "Lemon Hearts, you know Starlight uses her magic to catch the apples so Ah don't see anything wrong with a bit of magic being used. As long as magic isn't used to remove the apples from the trees, it's perfectly fine." She then took a look at Spike and continued, "No offense sugar cube but Ah don't think you should be trying to catch apples, just let Lemon Hearts catch them."

Spike looked a bit sad and sighed, "Alright, I just wanted to he..." *BELCH*

Spike coughed up a scroll and Starlight levitated it to herself. She opened it and said, "Spike, it looks like we're needed up in Canterlot."

Lemon Hearts cast her gaze at Starlight and asked, "All six, I mean all seven of us?"

Starlight replied, "No, just Spike and I."

Lemon Hearts was shocked that Celestia would only want her and Spike to go. She asked, "So did she tell you why she wants you up there?"

Starlight replied, "No, she just told me that she wants us to go up there." She cast her gaze down at Spike and continued, "Well shall we?"

Spike nodded and as they headed out Lemon Hearts said, "Well I guess we'll see you later."

Starlight replied, "Yeah, we'll see you later."