• Published 20th Nov 2017
  • 550 Views, 0 Comments

Flawless - Arisa-chan



During a visit with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash accidentally gives up a secret she'd been hiding for years.

  • ...
 0
 550

I'm fine...

Fluttershy opened the door to her cottage frantically, nearly tripping on her way in. She had forgotten about the company she'd invited over, and by the time they arrived, she was out and about. As ashamed as she was, the mare managed to keep herself together.

She walked into her living room to find both Rainbow Dash and Tank sitting on the couch. Tank was staring at whatever was on TV and Rainbow Dash was tapping away on her phone. She looked away when she caught Fluttershy in the corner of her eye.

“I'm so sorry! I had forgotten all about this an-” the rainbow-haired mare cut her off by placing her finger on her lip. She then nuzzled her cheek, blowing hot breath on it.

“Hush, Fluttershy. It's alright, you're still a pony, y'know.” she whispered sweetly, almost sickly sweet. It was only ever Fluttershy who got this tone.

The pink-haired pegasus smiled, pecking her fellow pegasi on the lip. “Thanks, Dashie.” She looked into her marefriend's eyes for a minute, until she broke the gaze by taking a glance at her kitchen.

“Dinner will be ready soon. The lasagna just needs to go in for a few more minutes.” she said.

“Finished it already.” Rainbow Dash abruptly replied. She gestured towards the kitchen table. “Shall we?”

Fluttershy wanted to nod, but she forgot she didn't buy anything to drink! She looked down at the floor towards the right. “I didn't buy anything to drink..”

Rainbow grinned. Out of seemingly nowhere, she pulled out a bottle of fizzy strawberry champagne. “Gotcha covered, babe.” She smirked.

“I don't wanna get drunk!” Shy replied quickly. Dash rolled her eyes at her marefriend, but smiled at her.

“One glass, Fluttershy. One glass is not going to get you drunk.”

The teal-eyed mare nodded her head, trusting Rainbow Dash's words. She was still slightly paranoid that she'd become intoxicated by the substance, so she poured herself a bit less.

The girls were definitely enjoying dinner. Whatever Fluttershy did to the lasagna, she made it delicious. Even Tank was enjoying it, and he usually would do anything to have only lettuce snacks for dinner. Rainbow Dash did eventually speak up over her food.

“How's your life going?”

“To be honest with you,” Shy started, sighing heavily, “it's becoming hectic. Dr. Fauna is often busy herself and Mayor Mare is trying to have the sanctuary taken down.”

Dash's magenta eyes took on a look of pure sympathy as she realised just how hectic her marefriend's life was. “I'm really sorry, Shy. I didn't have any idea how much is carried on your little shoulders.”

“It's alright, Dashie.” she said, taking a sip of her champagne. “It's nothing you should be worried about.”

“Uh-huh.” the light-blue pegasus replied.

The two girls shared a moment of awkward silence before Fluttershy spoke up. “How're you doing, sweetheart.” she asked.

Rainbow Dash bit her lip. The truth was, her mental state wasn't that great. No one else really knew it, but she didn't like herself all that much, it was hatred, to say the least, despite what she led everyone to think. “It's been fine.” she lied.

Fluttershy was no element of honesty, she'd been lied to many times in her lifetime. But she did know her marefriend quite well, and could tell that was a bold-faced lie.

“Are you really?” she asked her, a slight hint of suspicion in her tone. It could almost be mistaken for sass.

Fluttershy hadn't expected this, but as she finished asking her question, Rainbow Dash bursted into tears. She hadn't seen the pegasus cry much, maybe a couple of times when they were fillies, and the one time when Tank needed to hibernate. She hadn't stopped crying, but she did began to talk.

“No! I'm not alright! I have to live with the fucking idiot that my father named Rainbow Dash, and I have too great of a marefriend for the pony I am.” She let out a couple of painful sounding sobs. “You should totally dump me, or better, I'll just leave Equestria and let myself get eaten by a deranged creature! How's that sound?” It was clear Dash was losing it. Or maybe she had a couple too many sips of that liquor.

“Um, I don't think so!” Fluttershy stood up from her seat and placed her hands on the table, leaning over just a tad so she could look her marefriend right into her tear-stricken magenta eyes. “You are not an idiot, and you are not a bad person! Where in the hell did this come from?”

“Because it's the truth, dammit!” Rainbow Dash had too gotten up from her seat. You could still hear tears in her voice, but her tone reeked of anger. It was easy to tell she wasn't really angry, though.

“Come here. Now.” Shy commanded. She rarely ever spoke in such a tone, as she preferred to use kindness over commands.

The light-blue pegasus did as told and walked over to her marefriend. That's when the yellow pegasus pulled her into a tight, love-filled hug and nuzzled her cheek in an attempt to calm her down.

“I had no idea you felt this way about yourself. Why didn't you tell someone?” she asked the clearly depressed pegasus.

“I'm worthless, Fluttershy. There isn't a point of letting anyone know, they'd give me pity. I don't even deserve that.”

The pink-haired mare sighed, but looked at her marefriend with a face full of concern. “You're not worthless, Rainbow Dash.” She began to rub the rainbow-haired mare's back, doing her best to sooth her. “You might not be flawless, but you're nowhere near worthless.”

She felt a sob escape her marefriend's chest. She quickly became worried, letting a few tears trail down her own cheeks.

“Don't worry, babe. These are happy tears.” Hearing that calmed Fluttershy down by a lot, she was relieved to hear that she still wasn't upset. “But you're right. I might think I'm worthless now, but I'm not flawless either.”

“That's all I needed to hear.”

Author's Note:

I tried xd I seem to be good for those sad but happy ending stories xD

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment