• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 5,543 Views, 36 Comments

The chaos contingency plan - bloodwolf432

  • ...
4
 36
 5,543

Chapter 1

Ponyville lay in ruins. Buildings burning, ponies running frantically in the streets screaming in fear, the sound of destruction still going on in the background.

What could’ve caused such destruction, such mayhem, such . . . chaos?

To find our answer, we need to turn back the clock a bit, in fact just to the beginning of the day. This story takes place just after six mares defeated possibly one of the most deadly enemies Equestria had ever known and re-sealed him in stone.

He knew what would happen, he knew the future was not set in stone especially considering what he represented. So he had a back up plan should he lose. To bring in some beings just as chaotic, if not more so than he. Discord refused to let it end, he knew that he would be freed once more if they should run amok.

After all.

Chaos always finds a way.

It started just a few days after Discord had been defeated by Twilight and her friends, using the Elements of Harmony to reseal him into stone. Deep in the forest of Everfree two beings, one large and one small, appeared in a flash of multicolored light.

The two looked disoriented for a moment, trying to figure out where they were. The larger noticed the smaller and the smaller noticed the larger. Their eyes locked, the larger one narrowing its eyes and grabbing a nearby branch laying upon the forest floor.

The smaller gave a sort of scream and dodged out of the way of the strike, running into the forest with the larger chasing after it.

Applejack was bucking trees once more, sweat flinging off her with each kick. She smiled in satisfaction as apples fell neatly into the two buckets below. She had longed given up on trying to understand how the apples managed to fall so neatly into the buckets without one so much as out of place.

Her ears perked up as she heard the sounds of something being smashed repeatedly. She tried looking around when something ran right into her and knocked her flying into the air. Crashing back down in a heap of limbs and her hat covering most of her face, she managed to catch a glimpse of a darkish blue gray tail with a white tip vanishing into the orchard and towards the barn.

A few minutes later when she managed to get back up, she could hear an almighty crash coming from outside the orchard. Running to the edge of the clearing, she found her barn in shambles.

“What in tarnation?!” she shouted. “What happened to mah barn?!”


Twilight felt a small tingle travel down her spine, a sense of foreboding filling her. She had felt something like this once before, right when chocolate started raining down from cotton candy rain clouds.

“Spike, have you noticed anything odd today?” Twilight asked as she came out of the basement.

“I saw Pinkie vibrating down the street earlier this morning, does that count?” Spike asked.

Twilight stiffened at this. The only times Pinkie started vibrating meant a doozy was coming. She had to find her friends and fast before whatever caused the doozy- a sudden crash and explosion followed by screams interrupted her thoughts.

‘Too late’ Twilight groaned.

She rushed outside to see ponies running around screaming. Buildings were burning, ponies were running about frantically, and the sounds of destruction were echoing through the town.

She heard the crashing noises getting closer and closer. She braced herself, ready to face whatever may have laid waste to her home. Her horn blaring with power, she tried to steady her staccato beating heart when the noises were just around a corner of a nearby building.

What came out of the alley shocked her. She had been expecting a large, slobbering monster or something. Not . . . not . . .

A cat and a mouse.

"What?" Twilight deadpanned. "A cat, and a mouse?"

The two paid her no mind as the cat continued about trying to smash the mouse with a piece of two by four it had picked up. The mouse expertly led the cat over a conviently placed shovel and Twilight winced at the resounding smack of metal meeting face.

"Glad Fluttershy isn't here to see this" Twilight muttered before gasping.

The cat's face was flattened and resembling the shape of the shovel's head. She felt her jaw drop when it just shook its head into a blur and its face returned to normal.

The cat had just taken a shovel to the face and shook it off like it was nothing! Its face was even distorted, like it was made out of dough and returned back to normal.

The cat glared down at the mouse which was currently laughing, Twilight swore she could hear some instruments playing to mimic the sound of laughter. The cat swung down with the two by four and crushed the mouse flat.

And when it pulled back, instead of blood and the body of a dead mouse, all she saw was the mouse flat like a pancake with a comical pained look on its face. The cat picked it up, a smug smile on its face as it shook the mouse out back to normal. Pulling back on the mouse's tail, it stretching further back than normally possible, the cat let go with an audible ping and the mouse flew through the air.

These two, they were breaking all natural laws of physics. They were shattering the fourth barrier more than Pinkie Pie was! The only other being capable of doing so was . . . Discord! He must've done something before being sealed away!

She needed to gather the other girls if there was ever going to be any chance of saving their home.

A few hours later, after a long and hard chase of trying to pin the cat and mouse down they finally managed to corner the pair inside Rarity's boutique. After wrecking the place of course.

"Alright girls, let's send these two back home" Twilight shouted, her crown flashing with magic. Luckily, they had decided to keep the Elements close by in case an emergency ever presented itself.

Twilight kept the mouse and cat suspended in mid-air, the two trying to figure out what exactly was happening when they noticed the rainbow beam approaching them. Hugging onto each other and shielding their eyes as the beam encased them.

"Alright girls, great job" Twilight sighed. "Now let's focus on repairing-" Twilight felt her eyes widen again as the cat and mouse were still there. "The Elements, didn't work?"

"U-um, if I m-may?" Fluttershy stuttered. "The cat and mouse are predator and prey, the cat always hunting the mouse. The Elements balance things out, or get rid of something really bad. These two are just doing what nature intended, despite the destruction they are causing" she finished in a much stronger voice.

The others were stumped. They couldn't get rid of the two with the Elements and they certainly could not let them continue on with what they were doing otherwise they would lose all of Ponyville.

So the question was, what should they do? What could they do? What was going to happen now?

(A/N. Hey there, how are you guys doing? If you haven’t guessed yet, the cat and mouse are Tom and Jerry, the two most chaotic and destructive beings known to cartoon history. I was initially surprised to find no one else had tried writing something like this and took it upon myself to do it. Hopefully this will get others to try finding other unused fandom’s for story ideas. I do not intend to continue this. However, who so wishes can pick up and do whatever they so choose with this story. I wish you the best of luck.)

Comments ( 35 )

This was very amusing, it is always good to see Tom and Jerry, and now with Ponies it only makes it more enjoyable. Fun idea for a story. :twilightsmile:

Oh, I LOVE Tom and Jerry! I'm really surprised at the lack of crossovers there are with them, I could see so much potential.

Tom and Jerry would be Pinkies new best friends/ pets.

I love this story, but shouldn't this be a crossover?

Honestly, I think Ed Edd n Eddy are the biggest CHAOS causers, but great story though:twilightsmile:

That was a nice little one-shot.
I applaud you my good sir/ma'am.

Awesome story. :rainbowkiss:

Damn it, another idea stolen.

Oh well, it is very good and a very interesting crossover choice, with the lack of crossovers, this is great.

Review in a nutshell:

Very good crossover

NINJA EDIT:

Actually, I think I will borrow this idea, this time making it a multi-chapter, but later after writing my first story.

Tom and Jerry... yes.:pinkiehappy:

*Sees title*

Okay.

*Sees picture*

You piqued my interests.

*Reads description and comments*

Holee FUCK!

Nostalgia City
Population: Me

~~~~~

This was great! There needs to be a Tom & Jerry emoticon!

picturesforcoloring.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Tom-and-jerry.jpg

Just cause!:pinkiehappy:

I'm waiting for Tom's owner and the owner of Jerry's mouse hole to come home and find all the Chaos they've caused.
Imagine that, the voice of a women yelling out 'THOMAS! THOMAS! GET BACK HER YOU LAZY CAT!'. It'd be heard throughout all of Equestria.
Even Celestia would be powerless against Tom and Jerry's owner, a giant, slightly-racist-depiction-of-a black women.

i've lived through tom and jerry it's my favorite cartoon

Anvils and falling piano induced hilarity shall ensue!

Glorious comedy from the good ol' days... You sir deserve an Internet :moustache:
Also is there going to be some kind of sequel... the ending is a bit vague...

Excuse me, just there's just one thing that bugged me. I wondered why Twilight was so surprised with Tom and Jerry's anthics when she has Pinkie Pie around her all the time. After all she can't question reality when her own is just as cartoony. Other than that, I really would love some more Tom and Jerry Crossovers!:heart: One with Pinkie Pie meeting them would be epic! They'd be an unstoppable 4th wall breaking trio!

940426

Well, think about it. Pinkie Pie does random acts but still manage to fit with most laws of reality. Tom and Jerry follow a different set of laws. Cartoon physics. They can stretch and bend, jaws actually drop to the ground, and take hits that would normally kill someone. Wouldn't you be suprised if you saw something like that happen?

oh, i plan to do something like this.

could i still now that someone else did it?

....
....
.....
........
......................


4.bp.blogspot.com/-J15aODE83l0/T477Budd4PI/AAAAAAAACZ4/1l0DpIBe7Do/s1600/468383323_whynot_answer_2_xlarge.png

well, can i?

946376

The offer lies on the table. All you need to do is reach out and take it

946538
well, in that case.
(takes offer off of table, and places it in pocket.)
i hand you credit for the idea.
pleasure doing business with you.

How did Tom wreck a barn in the blink of an eye, armed just with an ordinary branch? :twilightoops:
*pounds himself in the muzzle* No, no no no! I forgot my ANQ rule - Ask-No-Questions. I always use it for stories like this. :twilightblush:
Anyway, now I see how greatly I underappreciated the power of Tom & Jerry. Great job!

I wonder why many people have'nt thought of doing a crossover of these to.:rainbowhuh:

I actually may use them for a chapter. Also, I thought that I was the Only one who thought that Tom and Jerry would be a cool crossover. I guess I was wrong.

Ps: If anyone hasn't written about them, write the story yourself.

1359911 Easy, knowing Tom's luck, he could of swung the branch at JUST the right angle, with JUST the right amount of force, and hit the RIGHT support pillar or beam, he could easily take down a barn.....:pinkiecrazy:

Yes?:pinkiehappy:

mean i was hopeing the ruin every city in the mlp world and the griffen and who ever live there.

Hah! That's Tom and Jerry, alright! Love it!

HA take that pinkie pie the they broke the 4th wall better than you
Go tom and jerry :heart:

How is it completed if it says Chapter 1? Just asking.:rainbowhuh:

5230115 Because I couldn't think of a proper name and just wanted this to be a one-shot.

5230905 Okay that makes sense:twilightblush::facehoof:

Ah....I came back to re-read again. you know? i miss it. Childhood.

Hello childhood, its been too long.

Reading this wonderful story brought me back to my childhood which consisted of watching a lot of TV especially classic cartoons like Tom and Jerry! :)

Login or register to comment