• Published 30th Nov 2017
  • 1,723 Views, 36 Comments

The Path of Twilight - RDDash



Twilight Sparkle has a destiny to fulfill, howerver which path will she choose the path of darkness or the path of light?

  • ...
7
 36
 1,723

4: The Forbidden Territories

Twilight Sparkle woke up in all too familiar darkness, in front of her was Discord, she groaned. “

Alright, Discord what happened and why I am here?”

“Well funny thing that you should ask, first you had a wonderful tea party with Starlight Glimmer, then you talked with each other about your days in Academy.”

“Really? Is that what really happened or are you just pulling my forearm.”

“Why does it matter?” Discord tried to say, but Twilight just glared at him. “It's not important what happened, think of it this way Nightmare Moon can see the future, I can go into any point in time and then pull the subconscious mind right where I want them to. It makes things a lot easier for me.”

“Well, pull it back where you found it then.”

“No can do I am the creature of chaos, and my actions are chaotic. I simply wanted to talk.”

Twilight mentally groaned it would seem that Discord simply would not let her go. “Well, what is it?”

He snapped his claws and then the scene changed, what was once a complete darkness, now an image of Twilight's library.

“What am I was looking at? I am afraid you had to explain this to me a bit.”

“Oh right that, the thing is that I looked at your future and then I saw that in the span of the next few days you would receive a bit more on the history of Ancient Equestria.”

“A few days!” Twilight shouted at him, “I can't waste time on this mission, I told Spike that if I am not going to be back in three days, then he should report straight to Princess Celestia.”

“And he will trust me on that one. The thing is that I am also going to be there and then I am going to explain your situation to her. Please lighten up, I promise you that your mission here is going to take as long as it should, three days, three weeks, three months. The castle’s table isn't really picky in the emergencies like this one.”

Twilight forced to calm herself down somehow they already started to get derailed from the main point, she then chose to glare at him instead.

“As I was saying you are going to get a few surprises on the way home, but before that, I just thought to show you something as well. Do you remember back then when I corrupted your dear friends?”

“Yes I do,” The memory of this event was simply unpleasant for Twilight, more glaring.

“Back then I simply tried to stall for time, I was even successful at some point that is until,” Discord cringed a bit, “Princess Celestia didn't decide to intervene in our little game, and then you simply un-brainwashed them back.”

“What's your point Discord?” Twilight asked impatiently.

“My point is that you had five very uncooperative individuals and then you eventually became a very depressed pony yourself. I swear that you did that to yourself. I thought what if eventually you would of finding a way to befriend those jerks the way they are, rekindle the spark of friendship, and then beat the old uncle Discord because that's what you wanted to do originally. Now that when I said that, it's sounded better in my head.”

“If you don't yet notice they were more than happy to make my life miserable.”

“All of them? I am pretty sure there one more pony that you keep forgetting about,” Discord once again snapped his claws and then the scene changed, the library morphed into bunch of fluffy clouds “Oh poor, poor Rainbow Dash forced to choose between two extremes of loyalty, and I suppose that all five of you weren't that important to her, too bad, too sad.”

“If you are trying to rub a salt in my wound then congratulations.”

“Where all of that cynicism came from? I can’t quite imagine,” Discord teleported next to Twilight, he now wore a doctor’s lab coat and the stethoscope, “Now then let me see.” He waited a few seconds for dramatic effect and then pretended to listen with the stethoscope. Almost immediately he threw it away, he then took a flashlight from his pocket and shined in Twilight's eyes.

“Huh, kind of thought it's going to be that way,” the flashlight was getting tossed in the same direction as the stethoscope. “Does anypony ever tell you that you have pale blue eyes.”

“What are you talking about? I don't have light blue eyes.”

Discord pretended like he made a mistake, “can’t put my eyes on it. Is that blue, or cyan, or neon, but one thing is for certain they are not your original color, and your fur is a slight shade darker as well.”

“What are you talking about, Like I already told you already my eyes are normal boring purple color.”

“I guess you are very skillful at hiding it Princess, however in this dream realm all of your darkest secrets are visible.”

Twilight glanced at him, “Since when are you doing a dream realm, I thought it was the only thing that Princess Luna does.”

“First things first I am not a pony, so your rules about magical talents does not apply to me, and second of all I am really powerful creature I can do whatever I want, and before you comment on my abilities again II will say you this, doing everything I want would be really boring. Plus if the all-powerful force entity would just go and solve all of your problems then that would be extremely boring and there is going to be no conflict and nopony would learn any life lessons. Okay, I am done here and remember you have blue eyes now. Bye bye, see you later, maybe.”

Twilight blinked, then she c blinked again, “Discord bucking damn you I hate you so much!” She closed her eyes and then opened them again. She was sitting in all to familiar room in Starlight Glimmer’s house. In front of her was Starlight herself and Rarity, who by the looks of it having a pleasant conversation.

“Twilight darling, are you alright?” Asked her Rarity.

“I am fine, I think I dozed off for a bit, what were we talking about?”

“Well, we were having a very pleasant conversation, and just now I've mentioned to Starlight how you and I were actually in the Academy. Did you forget that part?”

“Not exactly. I, I.. I do remember that Pinkie and the girls were there with us, and then they got bored because there is nothing else to do, so they went back outside on the street. We choose to stay here instead. Let me see if I understand this correctly you are running a social experiment in this village of yours?”

Starlight thought about it for a second, “You could say that. You are not a social worker, are you? I mean you are an Alicorn right?”

“Guilty as charged, I thought if I say who I really am that it would not be that believable.”

“Starlight continued talking,” Well believe it or not, despite myself being really out of the loop I do have other ponies who keep me informed. I am aware of the fact that there two more Princesses in Equestria, oh and I guess there is also Princess Luna, she is technically new.”

“So about this experiment?”

“Oh it’s kind of nothing, long time ago I really got burned by the friendship thing. I guess it wasn't meant to be, so I traveled a lot. During my travels I have met like-minded individuals who were unhappy with life just like me, At some point, we grew into the settlement you see today.

“The thing is, we all agreed to remove our cutie marks, we did this in attempt to make our lives a bit happier. If anypony had been complaining then nopony told me about it. If they don't want to be part of it then they are free to go back to where they came from.

“So what is the real reason that you came here, Princess?”

Twilight paused for a second she thought how to answer this question, “It's kind of difficult to explain, there something that is here that called us to this place, and I am not exactly sure what it is.

“You said that you traveled, maybe you can help me. Can you tell me how exactly do you do it? I mean how do you remove cutie marks? You see, it's kinda my thing I enjoy studying magic, and well, this sounds very magical.”

Starlight was uneasy at first but then she gave in, “Well okay, but as long as we keeping each other secrets, I suppose I could tell you. I went into forbidden territory okay! That's supposed to be illegal to go there, but barely anypony enforces it. You wouldn't understand unless you actually ended up there.”

“Twilight blinked, ”I am sorry I don't understand.”

“I do not expect you too.” She heard in reply.

“No I mean I don’t understand. What is the forbidden territory? I am the Princess I am supposed to know about it but I don't, which is really weird.”

Rarity tried to calm her down, “Twilight, please calm down. Do you know how the Equestria is part Utopia, a frozen wasteland in the North, inhospitable desert in the South, and several other things that ponies keep ignoring?”

Twilight forced to calm herself down, “Sure.”

“Well, the forbidden territories is one of those things that ponies keep on ignoring.”

“What are the others?”

“Several unfriendly neighbors that have been living under our noses, Griffins Changelings, Dragons, some other boogymare monsters.”

“Uh, okay and the forbidden territories?”

Starlight picked it up, where Rarity left off, “Several hundred of kilometers of the frozen wasteland, populated by the most vicious monsters you ever saw, as well as few very strange metal megastructures half buried deep in the ice.”

“And you've gone in there, no wonder I erased any mention of it from my memories, more importantly why those monsters that you've mentioned are staying there?”

“Oh they are probably territorial, and like you said there is something there that probably keeps them contained. To answer your question I’ve managed to find the cutie mark removing artifact that's kind of works.”
C
Twilight was delighted to hear that she just received a more than the willing guide to possibly the most hostile place on the planet. Unknowingly to everypony involved she had been running a silent truth spell, so far Starlight was very truthful, and that was a bit of a problem.

“Well, I guess that settled then, I believe we have a little expedition to venture out onto. Wouldn't you agree with me Rarity?”

Rarity almost spilled her tea, “Expedition? Whatever for? That place is ghastly for a reason. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't we all agreed that the whole venture would take only three days?”

“Let's just say we just got an extension by the most annoying draconequus ever. You know at first I thought that I would just undermine Starlight authority as a leader…”

“Excuse me!” Said Starlight.

“You are excused, So I thought that maybe I should just do that, but then I thought that it would probably too much effort, and then it's not going to be the way of friendship wouldn't it be? I will probably create an extremely volatile situation where the person that I am trying to undermine against is going to come back to hunt against me.

“And one other thing Starlight if you try to do something funny against me or my friends then I will smash your brains wide open is that clear? After that, I will leave your corpse to rot where nopony would find you.” Twilight whispered the last several sentences to Starlight before she stood up, turned away and then trotted away, never caring for an answer.

Starlight was shocked by the sudden hostility, for a few seconds, she stayed that way until she tried to ask the question to the only pony in the room that still was there.

“Can she do that?”

“Unfortunately yes, she was very vicious during her time at the academy. Please excuse me, I need to talk some sense into her. ”

Rarity stood up and then trotted away as well, eventually she managed to find Twilight who had been waiting for her outside.

“Twilight, what the actual buck was that all about?”

“I am not really sure,” Twilight glanced at Rarity who had been glaring at her judgmentally. “Oh don't look at me like that, I can explain”

About[ 20 minutes earlier in a dream dimension.[./I]

“You don't actually believe me about the pale blue eyes do you?”

“Nope.”

“Twilight I guess I don't really have another choice...”

“Discord what are you doing?”

As if to answer her question Discord materialized a mirror and then shoved Twilight right through It.

“Aaaaaah...oof,” with a soft tamp Twilight landed on the surface in the strange and unfamiliar place, strange couldn't even begin to describe it. Cold, it was very cold in here where ever she is, Twilight shivered.

“Where am I?” she asked a question, not really expecting any answer from nopony.

“You are in my domain of course.”

Twilight jumped in fright, she would have preferred if she was alone in this scary place.

“Oh, are you afraid of me?”

Twilight looked around she noticed a figure of a pony, but it was still too dark for her to be able to see who it was.

“Don't be afraid of me, I don't usually bite that often, usually.”

Twilight swallowed, for a second she thought about using her magic sword but it wasn't where it used to be, her fear only intensified.

“Looking for this?” With a mocking expression, the figure ignited the lightsaber, and it ignited with a really loud hiss, “Like I said you don't need to be afraid of me.”

“And why is that?” Twilight looked at the figure, the red glow of the magic sword. The crimson red light illuminated it and her ability to see the new details. Her new visitor was a dark purple Alicorn pony with those cyan eyes with the dark pink irises in the middle. Her wings were almost black, which then smoothly transitioned into dark purple fur. Her mane was extremely wild and carried the dark purple and pink color scheme. But most terrifying feature about her was her cyan horn sharp, jagged and extra twisted

The mare trotted slightly closer to Twilight, slightly keeping herself distant. “That would be because you are me.” The mare smiled, her smile was sickening, and twisted like she was. “I am the improved version of you, the one who isn't slowed down by such ridiculous concepts as friendship, compassion, and kindness.”

“No...”

“You have no bucking idea how much fun it was to kill those so-called friends, limb by limb, tearing them up while their screaming faces had been begging me for mercy.

“No...”

“At first they laughed at me and then I laughed in return. Just thinking about it makes me feel very happy.“

“NOOO!” With a scream of rage Twilight Sparkle ripped away a sword from her opponent, and then she lashed out plunging the blade deep inside of the Alicorn's body. “Shut the buck up! I will never be anything like you, you are a monster.”
.
The very moment she did so the mare gasped from the pain she might have been feeling, ”Aaah… Feels good isn't it...striking down me...with your hatred against me.” the mare slowly started to lose consciousness, However that wasn't good enough for Twilight.

“I said SHUT UP!” Twilight telekinetically pushed dying Alicorn away, unceremoniously dropping her to the ground, she then swinging the sword right across the neck effectively decapitating the Alicorn.

There was no blood to gush out, all of the wounds had been instantly cauterized, effectively sealing them upon the blade’s contact. Doesn't make the whole thing any less gruesome to watch, Twilight's stomach revolved, so she vomited.

Twilight blinked, and then she blinked again, “Discord bucking damn you I hate you so much!” Her mind already going away into reality….


"I see, I think we are all going to have a few very pleasant words with Discord when we are going to come back, but for now let's go back inside and apologize to Starlight Glimmer shall we."

"Yeah, I guess we should."

"Wonderful," Smiled Rarity.

"Are you going to break your none violence rule?"

"I might, I just might."

Meanwhile, all of the girls returned from the street and saw Twilight and Rarity,"Hey, whats going on?"

"Oh its nothing darlings, Twilight is really really stressed out so she just made an accidental death threat to Starlight."

"Oh, I guess that's bad, what else is new?"

"Well we are going into Forbidden Territories, and we just got an extension from Discord."

"Oh okay, I hope nothing bad would happen."

Rarity smiled, "Don't worry Fluttershy everything is going to be just fine."

Author's Note:

So apparently I forgot the most important thing about writing Star Wars fanfics

Long time ago in a galaxy far far away ...

I am really sorry guys we still kind of an extended prologue sequence, We already have Midnight Sparkle as a workable character, so I figured why not already use her. She is one of the several Twilight's representations that actually displays her Dark Side corruption with those neon eyes. And I think its kind of fitting. Does anyone knows if Flaming Twilight is still canon because we can still use her if you want unless her looks are stolen by Daybreaker