• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 1,784 Views, 15 Comments

Different Reasons to Party - Leviathan Jaeger



Everyone is at the same party, but they all have different reasons to be there. Each chapter focuses on a new set of people at the same party. Same story, just different view points.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,784

Sour Sweet and Lemon Zest

Sour Sweet stood leaning against the side of the van, waiting for her companions to join her so they could leave. She gave a sigh as she loudly tapped the side of the van with her fist, while continuing to look towards Sunny Flare's house. After borrowing a van from their school, the Shadowbolts all decided to ride together to the dance, which came with one problem, Sunny Flare taking her sweet ass time checking over every little detail of each of their dresses. Thankfully Sour Sweet managed to get out of it, mostly because her dress was fine and also because Sunny could see that she was visibly upset. The first one to join her was Lemon Zest, since her dress was more on the simpler side of things. The music enthusiast stood next to her, leaning against the van as well.

"Why are we going to this again? Like I know Twi wants us to be there, and Sunset as well, but why?" Lemon asked.

Sour Sweet gained her smile back as she explained. "Because we need to be nice to the other school, and try to be friends with them." Her smiled quickly faded as she added on to her explanation. "No matter how much we dislike them."

Lemon nodded her head and went to pull down her headphones, but remembered that Sunny had taken them, saying they didn't go well with her dress. It's not that Lemon didn't like the CHS people, she just wasn't fond of dresses and formal parties. Although she wasn't worried about herself having a good time, she was more so worried about Sour Sweet. Despite having a sweet side to herself, that Lemon would admit could be pretty adorable, she also had her infamous sour side, which kept people away from her. She knew Sour would get self-conscious about it, which is why she wasn't a party person. Because of all of this, Lemon didn't know how Sour would do at the party, since the only thing the CHS people have to go off of is her at the Friendship Games. Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw Indigo walking out of the house, not happy to be in a dress.

"I hate dresses, why do we even need to wear these? I'm pretty sure we can go in whatever we want," Indigo complained as she joined the other two.

"Because you look really good in it Indigo," Sour Sweet stated with a smile, before it turned back into a grumpy frown. "So deal with it."

Indigo just rolled her eyes and stood next to Lemon, who was still wishing she had her headphones. The three were rather quiet until Sugarcoat moved out of the house, with Sunny not far behind.

"About time, do you know how late it is?" Indigo stated to Sunny.

"Fashion takes time to be perfect," Sunny responded.

"I'm sure it does," Sour Sweet commented, before pulling her forward by her dress. "But because of you, we're really late, so next time, don't take so freaking long. Got that?"

"Yes, yes, just let go of my dress," Sunny replied, which Sour responded to by letting her go and getting in the driver seat.

Each of the Shadowbolts took their seats as Sour started to drive away. It took longer to get there than what Sour hoped for, but they eventually made it. Once they were parked and out of the vehicle, they preceded to the door, where the name guy greeted them.

"Welcome back to CHS, I hope you all have a great night," he said with a smile.

"Aren't you sweet, thank you," Sour said with a kind smile, before it disappeared. "Just take our names already."

Once they were marked off and inside, they quickly headed for the gym. Once they all made it inside, they witnessed the end of the dance music, which made them all sigh, except for Sugarcoat.

"If we would've been here on time, we would've been able to enjoy the music," Lemon stated, looking over at Sunny Flare.

"Well I'm sorry if my masterpieces need more time than most dresses," Sunny replied, checking her nails.

"Maybe you should've made them sooner, than we might of actually been here for the good part," Sour added.

Sunny wanted to continue to argue so she could defend her works of art, but decided not to when she saw the two Twilights walking towards them. "Hello Twi, and hello Twilight."

"Hey Sunny, I'm glad to see you girls finally made it," Twi said to them.

"We would've been here sooner if Sunny didn't take her sweet ass time," Indigo said to her, earning a glare from Sunny.

"You didn't miss much, just a dance number," Twi told them, hoping that would brighten their mood.

"Did you dance with anyone Twi?" Lemon asked, which Twi responded by pointing to Twilight. "At least is was with someone you know really well...since she's you?"

Twi giggled at this and nodded her head, when she noticed Flash approaching Twilight. The two said some words, before Twilight pulled Twi away, leaving Flash standing with the Shadowbolts.

Flash turned back to them and decided to be nice. "So, it's been a while since you guys were here."

"It's only been three months since the Friendship games," Sugarcoat stated.

Flash didn't know how to respond to that, so he turned to Sour Sweet. "I like your dress."

"Aw, thank you. Are you flirting with me?" she said to him, quickly catching him off guard.

"What, no! I just wanted to be nice," he quickly replied.

Well your really bad at it. You should try a simpler approach next time." Sour stated to him, her frown quickly turning to a smile, confusing him even more.

"Ok? Well it was nice speaking to you, have a nice party," he said, before speeding off in another direction.

Sunny watched him walk away before commenting. "Sour, your such a problem."

Sour crossed her arms and turned to her friend. "Excuse me?"

This time Indigo spoke up. "You just keep switching in and out of being nice and bitchy, when it really just makes you bitchy in general."

"What?" Sour replied, already feeling a little shaky.

"Your nature makes you a bitch," Sugarcoat stated.

Sour Sweet could feel some tears form around her eyes, and she turned so the rest of them couldn't see them. "Well screw you guys too," she said before running off and into the building.

The others stood there confused, confused as to why she reacted like that. It wasn't the first time they've told her about her switching moods.

"What's her prob-" Indigo started to say.

"You guys can be bitches to sometimes, you know that," Lemon stated, before running off after her friend.

The rest of the Shadowbolts didn't know how to respond, so they just stood there, looking off in the direction they ran.

As Lemon ran off into the school, she was really hoping Sour was ok. What the others didn't know was that Sour Sweet couldn't control her bipolar nature. It had gotten to the point that she only controlled half of what she said, and it made her really self-conscious about it. Lemon knew Sour hated herself for it, going as far as to sink into depression about it. Lemon hadn't had a opportunity yet to tell the others about her self-consciousness yet, so she really hoped a situation like this wouldn't happen until then, but now she had to deal with the consequences. Lemon found her on one of the outdoor balconies, quietly crying to herself.

When Sour Sweet hear someone approaching, she quickly retorted. "Go away."

"Sour, it's just me. I came to see if you was ok," Lemon calmly said, as she walked up beside her.

Sour calmed down and looked out over the school property. "Why?" she asked, making Lemon turn to her. "Why am I like this?"

Lemon put her arm around Sour and pulled her close, trying her best to comfort her. "I don't know Sour, but the girls down there didn't mean it."

Sure they didn't, just like everyone else."

"Sour, there your friends, they just want to look out for you, even though they don't know you can't control it," Lemon stated to her.

"Well they're doing a poor job of it. I'm glad I have you Lemon, but why do you put up with me?" Sour asked.

Lemon pulled Sour in for a hug, taking the girl off guard. "Because your my best friend Sour, and I know you just want someone to be there for you."

Sour hugged her back, holding her tightly. When they parted, Lemon had more to say. "Also, because I care about you Sour, a lot."

Sour wiped some of the tears from her face before replying. "You...you do?"

Lemon nodded her head. "This probably isn't the best time to say this...but I love you Sour."

Sour stood there, unsure of what she just heard. She just stood there, unmoving, which started to unnerve Lemon.

"Um...Sour...you alright?"

Sour snapped back into reality, and responded by pulling Lemon in for a kiss. Lemon's eyes went wide at the sudden contact, but soon closed as she kissed back. The two girls wrapped their arms around each other, pulling each other close.

When they parted, Sour gave her best smile. "I've never been happier."

Lemon smiled back at her and pulled in for another kiss, happy that the cat was out of the bag.

Of to the side, the rest of the Shadowbolts were watching what just happened, and they were shocked, but not unhappy about it. They all came up to apologize, but found a new couple being formed.

"So...that's a thing," Indigo whispered. Once the new couple was finished expressing their love, the three girls emerged from hiding and walked towards them, saying they were sorry and trying to undo the damage they did. Sour smiled back at them and excepted their apology, and created group hug. Once the hug was over, they all started walking back down to the gym, with Sour and Lemon holding hands.