• Published 19th Dec 2017
  • 3,713 Views, 69 Comments

Tales of a Lycan-Scale - mattchilly



Transported to a new land in the body of a werewolf with draconic features. This is going to be one heck of an adventure.

  • ...
7
 69
 3,713

Monsters of the World (Bonus Chapter)

Author's Note:

I'll add more to this whenever a new monster appear and all information from this chapter are Ajax’s personal notes on the monsters he’s fought. I'll add a more chapters to these bonus chapters if enough monsters appear.

Beasts of the Everfree

Manticore: Manticores are part Lion, Bat and Scorpion. With sharp claws, long fangs and a poisonous tail this is a fearsome beast indeed but despite the bat wings is unable to fly or glide. They don’t hunt like Lions due to actively searching for prey
alone instead with a group. Keep your wits about you as they like to use their tails for sneak attacks while you’re distracted with avoiding their claws. Any type of weapon works on them.

Chimera: Chimeras are a fusion of large hunting cats, goats and snakes. They have the heads of a cat and goat and their tail is a snake so fighting a Chimera is almost identical to fighting a Manticore with the exception that they’re more likely to try to ram you with their goat head and their tail is just as smart as its other two heads so a sneak attack is more likely and harder to detect. It’s possible that other variations of Chimera live in other environments.

Cragadile: Cragadile’s hunting strategy is the same as their cousins from Earth. They like to hide in shallow water waiting for prey but due to having rock like protrusions sticking out of their backs and hides strong enough to deflect almost any kind of blade. When possible use maces to fight them or find a way to pin it to the ground and choke it with a rope. Note: weapons made from their teeth can easily pierce Cragadile’s hides.

Cockatrice: Small lizard like creatures with the heads of chickens or roosters with small flightless wings. They draw in prey by pretending to be chickens only to uses their innate ability to petrify others to catch their prey. If they plan to eat said prey then they uses a secondary power to shatter the statue which returns it to flesh and blood. If hunting them do so at night so you can catch them asleep in their nests or learn to fight without using your eyes. Note that no matter what you do they are exceedingly dangerous.

Mantistaur: Large Centaur or Drider like beings that have the torso of a prying mantis and the body of a giant spider . They have very sharp blades that can cut through a young Cragadile with a single slice and are much faster then they look. They can also shoot pre-made webs at a target that’s behind them which unfurl as they fly to be used as nets or if they are unfurled enough when they hit a tree they can create giant web traps. One strategy to fight them is to ambush them lest you walk into one of their traps baring that fight them in a cramped area where they can’t run after you or use their blades effectively but this comes with the risk of getting stuck in their webs much easier, but due to their compound eyes it is incredibly difficult to ambush them. The best strategy for fighting them is to attack from the sides or underneath but when a creature goes underneath them they immediately try to use their sizes to squash the creature. It’s possible that other variations of Mantistaur live in other environments.

Comments ( 40 )

8665442
His talking with Berry Punch. I have my own plans for the inhabitants of Ponyville, when Jared gets there that is.

hi question are you going to make this story have romance and sex?

8713440
Romance maybe. Sex is doubtful, and if I do it'll only be mentioned and not shown.

8713440
Well Ajax having someone is a maybe. I've got other ideas for characters that'll have romantic feelings

8718274
Didn't know about that but that's somewhat similar yeah. I might use that as the image for a different Lycan-Scale. What exactly is that from?

8718295
i searched up werewolf dragon hybrid on google it's still amazing what you can find on it XD


also love the fic not as good as "Don't Get Cocky" in terms of funniness (some of it's chapter made me laugh so hard i couldn't breath"

8718326
I'll pm you some pictures that you can use for the story

8718334
Thanks. I'll find someway to work em in

Great story keep it up :twilightsmile:

8735709
Thanks. I'll do my best!

This is great. A few grammar trips but i tend to gloss over those, and thy're hardly noticeable anyway. All in all, well done so far. I'm eagerly hoping for more. :moustache:

8753113
Thanks for the words of confidence! Hopefully I can get past the little writer's block I'm having for this and things can pick up in a chapter or two.

So question. how tall is he and how tall is he compared to the princesses?

Celestia is around seven and a half feet tall, Luna's only a foot shorter and Ajax is just a little taller then Luna.

8777570
Thanks knowing things like that makes it easier to get a good view of the scene in your mind.

8807748
I wasn't exactly requesting it, but the feelings mutual.

9122113
and more there shall be. I just need to figure out a couple more details before I work on the next chapter

9122305
What kind of details? I'm told it’s really easy to bounce ideas off me.

9224146
nothing that major but I'll keep you in mind if I need another opinion.:pinkiesmile:

9224577
I'm here if ya need me.

Are we EVER going to get a new chapter for this?

9285129
as soon as Inspiration comes back and helps. I don't like feeling like I'm forcing the words to come as I feel like that lowers the over all quality. I'm sorry for the long wait thought. I hate leaving people hanging like this.:pinkiesad2:

9285134

Understood....hope you get an idea soon.

you could always have him "run into" ponies you want him to meet as he heads home or something

9285174
I already know the general idea of what's going to happen next. It's just putting that only 'paper' that's giving me grief.

9285182

:-) that's true for any author.

The story is pretty good I'll be waiting patiently for the next update

have you thought of using golems and i dont mean pokemon

9816267
Yup. though honestly right now when I think 'golem' I think Dragon Quest or the version from the Gamer webcomic :rainbowlaugh:

9816295
why not ark or simply a living statue or armor

9816295
have you consider undead or possibly feral dragons

9923729
yes to both. Sadly I just haven't had the urge to write recently so my stories are on hold, this is something I hope changes soon

Every single time a character requests his gear to be made from a beast he/she hunted. It always reminds me of Monster Hunter.

10024165
That's where I got the idea.

More good

Login or register to comment