• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 396 Views, 2 Comments

The Amnesiac Mare. - New Fossil Studios



Never in all my years of being a ward captain, I never came across something quite like this. This pony that has no recollection of who she is or where she came from, but I just can't shake the feeling that something is up.

  • ...
 2
 396

The Pony Who Knows Nothing.

“Checkmate.”

I stared at the chessboard to see that my subordinate was right, it was a checkmate, she had my king cornered.

I let out a chuckle, “Goddamn, not again Cheerilee.” I laughed, “How do you do it?”

She chuckles a little, “Nothing much really, just play smart.” She admitted, “Although, you play a lot better than Princess Luna.” She complimented.

I nodded, “Yeah, I guess being captain of the 7th ward comes with some strategic benefits.” I replied, “I still can’t believe that you became the captain of the 4th ward the day you became a soldier.” I voiced my surprise.

She nods, “Well, beating Princess Luna in chess for 2 weeks straight should tell you something.” She says.

I shrugged, “Well at least I know I have a hot mare to work with as a ward captain.”

She chuckles again, “Anything happening around the 7th ward?” She asked.

I shook my head, “Things have been stale around my place.” I replied, “And you?”

She shakes her head, “No such luck over here, everything’s been stale over here too.” She told.

I nodded and folded my arms.

We stood in silence when two of my soldiers bust through the door in panicked state.

“Wind Flake, Diablo, what’re you two doing here?” I asked the two mares.

Diablo was the first to speak, “We’ve found something in the fishing!” She informs.

Wind Flake was next, “It looks like a mare!” She added.

I sighed and got out my seat, “So much for things being stale.” I complained, “I actually prefer it that way…” I trailed off before motioning for my Wind Flake and Diablo to show me the way.

We exited the building and we began flying towards the 7th ward shipyard and arrived in about 10 minutes.

I landed on the Wind Flake and Diablo guided me to and saw many of my crew members huddled around something; no doubt the mare.

“Make way, make way.” I repeated pushing my way through the crowd and arriving in the center to see a mare.

A naked mare to be precise, she had light creamy fur and a dark brown mane and tail with a lighter brown highlight in the middle, and she looked like she was about 16 years old.

“Damn she’s hot.” One of my soldiers complimented.

I rolled my eyes and took my jacket off before wrapping the mare up in it, or at least tried to, all I got was the top and a little bit of the bottom. After wrapping her up, I picked her up and began walking.

“Where are you going?” Diablo asked.

“Taking her to my room, I’ll watch her until she wakes up.” I answered.

“You sure you don’t want to take her to Nurse Redheart’s office, she may need some medical attention since we found her in the ocean.” She suggested.

I considered the suggestion, “Hmmm… I’ll think it over.” I assured, when my earpiece rung, I lifted my hand and pressed the answer button, “Who is it?”

“So, you found what you were looking for?” Cheerilee asked.

I nodded, “Yeah, she’s pretty hot too.” I answered.

“Really? She questioned in a joking manner.

I chuckled a little, “No, I’m serious, she’s seriously hot, like in the literal sense, she’s really starting to burn up.” I tried to explain. Which was true, by the way, she was really starting to heat up, I could feel the burning through the jacket and my sleeve.

“If what you’re saying is true, then you need to get her to Nurse Redheart immediately, we have no idea what’s going on.” She advises.

I nodded, “I guess it’s inevitable.” I replied, “See you later, maybe I’ll beat you next time.”

She chuckles, “Good luck with that, see you later.” She then hangs up.

Once she hung up, Diablo wasted no time in speaking, “What’s that on her cheek?” She pointed.

I arched an eyebrow and lifted her head to see that she had some kind of Japaneighse kanji on her left cheek, “It looks like a Japaneighse kanji or something.” I replied.

Wind Flake immediately barges in between us, “Let me see!” She demands.

I nod and show her the kanji on the mare’s cheek, “Oh, that’s the kanji for Sand Demon, that’s probably her name.” She suggested.

“How would you know that?” Diablo asked.

“Because I’m Japaneighse, and it’s a common practice to right what you want your kid’s name to be in a kanji.” She explained.

I arched an eyebrow, “The hell did they name her ‘Sand Demon’ for?” I questioned.

She taps her chin in deep thought, “Well, it’s probably because she’s from the Desert Region.” She guessed, “There’s a tradition when a baby’s born that has exceptional magical prowess to name them something like Sand Demon.” She explained.

We both nodded, “Now all we need to know is how she got into the ocean.” I deduced.

They nodded and we continued to walk in complete silence.

We arrived at Nurse Redheart’s office and we end up trying to get a hospital gown on, and we did, and once that was done, Redheart began examining her.

After some examination, she gets up and sits down and looks at us with a serious expression, “Okay,I can’t find the source of the heating or any other medical issues without any real surgical activity.” She says.

I nod and lead the two soldiers out of the room and followed along with them to let Redheart do her thing.

(Redheart’s POV)


Once Lockdown, Diablo, and Wind Flake, left, I immediately got to work.

I took a scalpel and started to cut open a whole in her chest large enough for my hand and was dig my hand in the whole and holds her heart to see if her heartbeat shows anything out of the ordinary, but nothing.

I sighed, looks like I have to look even deeper. God.

I took my hand out her chest, and lifted the hospital gown and began to cut her open in many places, mainly where some of the organs would be, and started to feel around them, and nothing felt out of the ordinary.

I sighed again before turning to my table to and started getting the stitches ready, “Sorry sweetheart, but it looks like we have to do this the hard way.” I spoke to the unconscious mare.

Then I started to hear extreme heat burning meat, and turned around immediately to see the holes I cut in the mare to be healing at an extremely fast rate, and there was a lot of steam coming from the cuts.

I was so stunned that I barely missed the mare opening her eyes.

“Ugh…” She groans, “Where am I?” She questioned, sitting up.

I swallowed my spit before speaking, “You’re in the 7th ward hospital sweetie.” I informed.

She turns her attention to me and arches an eyebrow, “7thw ward? The heck’s the 7th ward?” She asked.

I sighed, “Lockdown, Diablo, Wind Flake, come on in! She woke up!” I called.

(Lockdown’s POV)

We sat in the hospital room and we explained everything to the mare.

“So, I’m not in Japaneighse anymore.” She repeated for the 6th time.

I nodded, “So, how did you get in the ocean naked?” I asked.

She closes her eyes and massages her forehead to try and remember. She opens her eyes and shakes her head, “I have no idea how I was in the ocean.” She answered, “Now that I think about it, I don’t remember much at all, my family, friends, hometown, nothing much, just that I came from Japaneigh and my name is Suna No Akuma.” She admitted.

I turned to Wind Flake, “What does she mean by ‘Suna No Akuma’?” I questioned.

Wind Flake nods, “It’s because she’s from Japaneigh and ‘Suna No Akuma’ means ‘Sand Demon’ in Japaneighse, just how my name is ‘Wind Flake’ in Equestrian, my name in Japaneighse is ‘Kaze Fureku’.” She explained.

I nodded and turned to Suna No Akuma, “Just for future references; do you prefer ‘Suna No Akuma’ or ‘Sand Demon’?” I asked.

“I’d like it if you’d just call me Suna.” She replied.

I nodded, “So Suna, you sure you don’t remember anything?” I asked.

She nods, “Yes, I am absolutely sure that I do not remember a thing.” She assured.

I nodded again, “So, do you know how you healed like that?” I questioned.

She shakes her head, “I don’t know at all.” She assured.

I nodded and turned to Wind Flake, “Is there an explanation for this?” I questioned.

She nods and stands up, “Nurse Redheart, can I see your scalpel?” She asked.

Redheart seemed a little confused, “Uhh… Here you go.” She handed Wind Flake her scalpel.

“Thanks.” Wind Flake took the scalpel, held it against her hand, and pulls hard. Blood flies everywhere on the floor and covers the scalpel.

Wind Flake then holds her hand up and steam started rising from the cut and it began to heal, “I come from a special breed of Japaneighse ponies who are descendants of a warrior who made a deal with a demon that gave him many powers, and one of those powers are accelerated healing.” She explained, by the time she was done, her hand was completely healed, “And I have no doubt, she’s a descendant too.” She adds, turning to Suna.

I nodded for the last time and stood up, “Alright, so this is what we’re gonna do; Suna, you will stay with me, alright, I need to keep an eye on you at all times, do you understand?” I said.

She nods, “I understand.” She confirms.

I then turn to Wind Flake, “And I’m gonna cut your duties short so we can stay in touch just in case something happens and we need an explanation.” I ordered.

She nods.

I turned to Diablo, “Diablo, you’re going to take over some of Wind Flake’s duties, when you’re doing that, I’ll have an extra take care of yours.” I states.

She nods too.

I sighed and turned to Suna, “C’mon get dressed and meet me outside.” I demanded before I got the three of us out.

She gets dressed and comes out and we go to my place. I lay down some rules and we continue to have our day.

Author's Note:

So, this is the last one shot I had to get out, so that means I'll be getting back on schedule with the all my other stories, I will also releasing another multi-chapter EQG story. Just don't expect a whole flew of chapters to come out back to back to back, it'll take a few days and maybe even weeks. So I hope you have some patience. And enjoy.

Comments ( 2 )

This isn't a story, it’s an introduction. :unsuresweetie:

8583818
I meant for it to be an introduction, I have a multi-chapter coming and this is meant to be the last one-shot to introduce the characters in that story.

Login or register to comment