• Published 5th Apr 2018
  • 1,421 Views, 45 Comments

The Sun Sets on Motherhood - Sudrian Engineer



Sunset Shimmer has returned to Equestria and has been forgive, but when a young boy from the real word is brought to the land of ponies, will Sunset have what it takes to become a mom?

  • ...
1
 45
 1,421

Graduation Day

“Rarity Belle,” Principal Celestia called as she read off the list of names saying who would be graduating that day. Rarity walked onto the stage, shook hands with Celestia and Luna, who gave her a diploma, and walked back to her seat as all student before her had done and all students after will do. “Rainbow Dash,” Celestia continued as she went down the list. As she read, everything seemed normal. However, something strange happened.

Sunset Shimmer, who was sitting with her friends, had a very confused look as she listened to Celestia speak. “They skipped me,” she said to herself.

“What was that darling,” Rarity asked as she sat back down in her chair.

“My name comes before Trixie’s, but they just called her,” She replied sadly. “Maybe I failed the tests and won’t be graduating with you girls.”

Rainbow, who had just returned to her seat, spoke next. “Not a chance Sun Shim, your had all A’s this year. You must haves passed all your tests.”

“Maybe they won’t let me cause of all the trouble I caused,” Sunset said, her worry growing as her mind raced with hundreds of possibilities. Twilight, the human one, had just sat back down and was about to speak when Principal Celestia spoke again.

“Every year, for the senior class, we ask the teachers to vote for the one student they think has improved the most. This year, for the very first time, the voting ended with a unanimous decision, This class’ most improved student is... SUSNET SHIMMER. Please come up to the stage to accept your diploma, certificate, and if you are ok with it, give a short speech.” After she finished speaking, the auditorium erupted in applaise and cheers, the loudest of all coming from Sunset’s closest friends as she stood up and walked to the stage, blushing deeply at all the attention.

Slowly she made her way to the stage, upon reaching it, she shook hands with both principals and walk to the microphone. “Hello Everyone,” she began, looking at the crowd, “I honestly have no idea what to say, and honestly, I don’t think I cam say everything I am feeling right now. I know my friends and I are supoose to preform at the end of the ceremony, but if it is ok with the staff, there is a song I wrote that fits how I feel perfectly.” The crowd started to chant, “SING! SING! SING!” This caused Principal Celestia to nod at Sunset with a smile. The rest of The Rainbooms stood up and came to the stage, grabbing their instuments.

Sunset whispered to each of them, letting them know what song she was gonna sing, then she moved the podium on center stage and held the mic, waiting for the band to start the song. Rainbow started to play a soft guitar riff the others adding a slight beat to the riff.

Sunset:
Power
Was all I desired (I desired, all I desired)
But all that grewinside me
Was the darkness I acquired
When I began to fall
And I lost the path ahead
That's when your friendship found me
And it lifted me instead
Like a phoenix burning bright
In the sky
I'll show there's another side to me
You can't deny

Rainbooms too:
I may not know what the future holds
But hear me when I say
That my past does not define me
'Cause my past is not today

Sunset:
Ambition
Is what I believed
Would be the only way
To set me free
But when it disappeared
And I found myself alone
That's when you came and got me
And it felt like I was home
Like a phoenix burning bright
In the sky
I'll show there's another side to me
You can't deny

Rainbooms too:
I may not know what the future holds
But hear me when I say
That my past does not define me
'Cause my past is not today

As she finished singing, Sunset look out at the crowd, nervous at the possibility of a negative reaction. However, as she closed her eye and waited for, what she thought was, the inevitable of a booing audience, she was plesently surprised with tons if cheers, amazed at how much everyone, even the staff, enjoyed her song. As the cheering continued, she cleared her through loudly, grabbing their attention, causing the cheering to stop.

“Thank you so much everyone, this means so much to me.” She started, smiling exceptionally widely. “When I first arrived to this world, I was filled with many negative emations, and a desire to become the most powerful. However, after that fatefull Fall Formal, my outlooked changed and I have since strived to be the best friend I could be. I sincerly hope that, aside from a few bumps, namely a certain event around Christmas, I have proven I am a changed individual and am proud to call myself a student of CHS.”

Sunset nodded at herself and her friends as they walked off the stage and back to their seats, applause following the ending of her speech. Once she reached it, Principal Celestia started to speak again. "Thank you Sunset for that wonderful song and speech, now students the time has come. You may now celebrate because senior students of CHS, you are officially graduated." The students all cheered and threw their hats into the air, largely welcoming their achomplishments and having tremendous fun.

Throughout the rest of the day, Sunset and the girls went to various locations having fun, but at almost every location, one or two would noticed Sunset seemed distracted, her mind in the clouds. Finally, at the end of the day, while enjoying a sleepover at Pinkie's house, Rarity had enough and asked her the million dollar question. "Sunset darling, are you ok? Ever since the ceremony earlier you have seemed distracted." The others looked at her and nodded, agreeing with Rarity.

Sunset looked at then and had a nervous yet calm smile. "Sorry girls, That speech Celestia gave before they began calling names really got to me, how she mentioned home and the fact that family will welcome you no matter what. It really made me think of Equestria, and how much I miss it." She sighed heavily, a few tears leaking from her eyes and prompting the other girls to hug her.

"Relax, Sunny Bunny," Pinkie said, her usuall happy grin seemingly gaining a trace of seriousness. "Your so super duper fun that you always make good choices." She giggles and Sunset nods agreeing with her.

"Yes, You seem to be very good at decision making, statistically speaking." Twilight added, smiling happily as she looked at Sunset

"Darn Tootin, how else would we have defeated all thoes villians if ya weren't so smart." AJ agreed, wanting to try and help cheer her up.

"You know what girls, your right, I am am smart, and I do make great choices," she said extremely confidently. "In fact, I just made a decision right now. Girls, I'm going home to Equestria!!"

Author's Note:

This is the first story I have done almost 100% solo and I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.