• Published 16th Feb 2018
  • 787 Views, 5 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XVII: Revenge of the Alliance - sonicdash123



The time has come to fight Mephiles and his alliance. Charming Thunder and his new allies must stand together and put an end to the war once and for all.

  • ...
18
 5
 787

Chapter 4: Son of Queen Chrysalis

Charming Thunder sat on the throne gazing out the window as he watched the night go by with his elite guard standing at each window. He then turned his chair and got up from his throne and walked down the stairs and walked to the door. He left the room and walked to the map room where Twilight stood looking at the map of Equestria with updated locations on it. "How's your school coming along?" he asked.

"Great, honey," Twilight said. "The students like it there. Even though I made it my own rules instead of the EEA's guidelines." Charming Thunder only smiled and stepped up to Twilight. "There has also been...strange activity at the Everfree Forest if you haven't heard."

"What kind of activity?"

"I am not sure. But there has been chocolate rain coming down at the center of the forest."

"It's probably just Discord having a little fun over there."

"I don't think so."

"I should investigate this matter." Charming Thunder walked past Twilight before he was stopped with a peck on his cheek from Twilight.

"Be careful and come home safely." Charming Thunder nodded and walked off.

---------------------

Arriving at a safe location at the Everfree Forest, Charming Thunder got off of his speeder bike and began to walk through the forest. He then began to smell chocolate milk and followed the scent to the source. He arrived at an area what appears to be a chocolate milk lake made by someone. He looked around and stepped up closer to the lake. He could see his reflection and looked around again. He then looked back at his reflection and was about to touch the chocolate lake, but was stopped by a snapping sound coming from across the lake. Charming Thunder quickly drew his blaster pistol and aimed it at the direction where the sound came from. "I feel like that I am being watched," he said as he walked around the lake slowly. He reached the other side of the lake and walked towards the bush. When he was about to pull the trigger, he was tackled by a mare with swirly eyes and a propeller hat on her head. He was shocked to see her as he was pinned to the ground with his blaster out of his hoof.

"I was hoping that we meet at last," the mare said.

"Not really, Screwball."

"So you have heard of me after all."

"Yeah. And an enemy of my ancestor. Mind telling me what are you doing here out of Alcatraz prison?"

"Ever since the attack at the prison, I knew it was Danny's doing. So, I got out and went into hiding." Charming Thunder struggled to break free, but had no budge.

"Are you the source of this chocolate lake here?"

"Indeed I am. I just so happens I love love love chocolate milk and decided to make a lake here."

"Mind getting off of me please?"

"Oh, of course. I'm sorry." Screwball released Charming Thunder and allowed him to get up. He picked up his blaster and holstered it. "I thought you were somepony else at first."

"Somepony else?" Charming Thunder then heard a rustling sound from the bushes and turned to see an adult changeling come out of the bushes. He had a resemblance of Chrysalis with his mane being the same color and holes on his legs, so Charming Thunder activated his lightsaber and readied himself for anything.

"Relax, your highness. He won't hurt you." Charming Thunder looked at Screwball and then back at the changeling. He then deactivated his lightsaber and approached him.

"I know you don't remember me, but I am the son of Queen Chrysalis; Prince Mothball," the changeling said.

"Give me one good reason not to throw you into a cell along with Screwball, your highness?" Charming Thunder asked as he came face to face with Mothball.

"Me and Screwball have information about a common enemy."

"The Mephiles Alliance and the Dread Ponies?"

"That is correct."

"And why should I trust you after what your parents have done to my friends and family?"

"Because I betrayed my parents by leaving them."

"It's true," Screwball said. "He left his family to be with me."

"You?" Charming Thunder asked.

"We met not long after my breakout of that prison. We got along well for a few days and we fell in love."

"DISCORD!!!" Discord magically appeared in front of Charming Thunder with a yawn.

"What is it this time?" Discord asked. "Can't you see I am trying to get some shut eye here?" Charming Thunder pointed at Screwball and Discord turned to see her. "Screwy! What are you doing here?"

"Hello, dad. I'm just talking to Charming here about the same threat you two have."

"But...you were in prison."

"It's a long story," Charming Thunder said. "So you are not aware of these two?"

"The changeling and my daughter?"

"Yes. Like I said; it's a long story." Charming Thunder started things from the beginning and explained to Discord the situation.

---------------------

The next day, a meeting was held at the map room at Twilight's castle as Charming Thunder attended. "Can they really be trusted?" Applejack said. "After all of the things they have done in the past?"

"With the information given to me, yes," Charming Thunder said.

"And what of this Prince Mothball?" Rarity asked. "Can he really be useful?"

"He is the only changeling that hasn't changed like the others yet, I know. But he hasn't done anything to us in the past."

"Screwball has," Twilight said.

"Let's not turn this into an argument, everypony," Fluttershy suggested.

"She is right," Rainbow said. "Now is the time to figure out what to do with this information."

"Thanks to the data given to us by the two, we now know what the Dread Ponies are planning with the Mephiles Alliance," Charming Thunder explained. "The ponies are planning to spread fear across Equestria starting at who knows where." Suddenly, Danny entered the room in a hurry.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I have a lead on where the Dread Ponies are," Danny said as he walked up to the map and pointed to the location that Charming Thunder and the others are unfamiliar with. "They are already spreading fear at their old palace in the dragon lands."

"Why the dragon lands? Is Ember aware of this?"

"She is aware of their presence in her kingdom. We must leave immediately, Charming."

"What about the rest of the element bearers?"

"They need to stay here until something comes up."

"Agreed." Charming Thunder nodded as he followed Danny out of the map room leaving the remaining six in their seats.

Author's Note:

Mothball owned by DisneyFanatic23