• Published 16th Feb 2018
  • 790 Views, 5 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XVII: Revenge of the Alliance - sonicdash123



The time has come to fight Mephiles and his alliance. Charming Thunder and his new allies must stand together and put an end to the war once and for all.

  • ...
18
 5
 790

Chapter 9: Charming Thunder vs Mephiles the Dark

Stormtroopers escorted Danny and the others from the escape pod. Twilight looked up to see that the battle has stopped. She then noticed Charming Thunder flying towards Mephiles. "Charming is facing Mephiles alone," she said. "I should help him!" Danny stopped Twilight from taking off.

"No!" Danny said. "We must go."

---------------------

Above the grassy land of Canterlot, Charming Thunder came face to face with Mephiles. "That's a new look for you," Charming Thunder said.

"Did you come here to join me?" Mephiles said. "Just as your father once did a thousand years ago?" Charming Thunder only shook his head.

"No. This ends today."

"I know it does. I've seen it. That's why the rest of my alliance and your empire will enjoy the show. Because we all know that I'm the one that beats you."

"In your dreams, Mephiles." Charming Thunder then closed his eyes as the Elements of Harmony on the blade began to glow. A multi color light then appeared then faded as he transformed to his form that defeated Cyber Eclipse. The two then flew towards each other and fought with there fists. They mirror one another, neither one gaining or losing ground until each sees the exact same opening. Simultaneously delivering a thunder packed punch that sends both men flying backwards. Charming Thunder's wings slowed him down while Mephiles teleports behind Charming Thunder and kicks him down to the ground. He impacts on the ground and quickly opened his eyes to see Mephiles charging down towards him with a powerful punch. He rolled out of the way to avoid the attack. The two then floated in the air and mirrored each others attacks until one of them punched each other in the face. Charming Thunder impacts through the wall of the town of Canterlot. He slowly got up and then noticed that he was bleeding from the lip.

"Can you feel it, Charming Thunder? The darkness closing in on you? I really should thank you for it. This form was meant to kill an alicorn. Because your purpose of life is to fall." Charming Thunder spits out blood and gets himself up off the ground. He then taunted Mephiles which didn't make him angry. Another fury roars in the streets of Canterlot, but this one ends with Charming Thunder unloading an explosion of kicks. Mephiles countered one kick with a powerful beam hitting Charming Thunder. He then flew up in the air and fired a giant dark beam towards the downed Charming Thunder. Charming Thunder was quick enough to dodge it and flew up to his level and kicked Mephiles in the back of the head causing him to impact through a tall building. When Mephiles got up, Charming Thunder attempted to tackle him, but was grabbed by the neck and threw him out of the building. Charming Thunder then flew towards Mephiles and began to fight mid air.

---------------------

Arriving at the castle, Danny entered along with his friends and family assuring that they are safe for the time being. "Charming Thunder needs our help!" Applejack said. "He can't take much more like that."

"He's doing this for a reason," Danny explained. "He believes that the Elements of Harmony can redeem my father."

"Redeem?" Rarity asked. "After all the things Mephiles has done to us?"

"He is the spark that'll light the fire that will burn the Mephiles Alliance down." Twilight watched out of a nearby window as the fight continued outside.

---------------------

Charming Thunder and Mephiles continued their fight in the air leaving punches. Mephiles then fired a beam at him and blasted him down through the roof the castle and impacts in Celestia and Luna's throne room. Mephiles slowly came down to see the downed alicorn as Charming Thunder's power faded and reverted back to normal. Charming Thunder got up slowly and looked at Mephiles. "Your son failed you, Mephiles," Charming Thunder said.

"I'm sure he is sorry about it when you killed him," Mephiles said. "Your empire will soon die. The war will end. And when I kill you, I will kill your precious princesses." Charming Thunder then got up on his hooves as blood came out of his lip.

"Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong. The empire will stand against you. Even if I am struck down, I will not be the only one to stop you."

"I'll destroy him, and you, and all of it."

"No. Strike me down in anger and I'll always stand my ground. Just like your son." Mephiles only closed his eyes for a moment and clenched his fists. He then looked at Charming Thunder and charged at him with his hand turning into a sharp piece of crystal. Charming Thunder took the chance to strike with the Blade of Harmony before Mephiles did. They both slashed at each other and Mephiles slides past Charming Thunder and stood behind him. Mephiles slowly turned to see Charming Thunder standing still. He was about to approach him until a bright light appeared on his wound on the chest. Charming Thunder then slowly turned his head with a smile as Mephiles looked up at him. The blade then began to glow and the Elements of Harmony floated off of the blade.

"No..." Mephiles took a step back as he covered his wound.

"Return to the light, Mephiles." The Elements of Harmony then fired a rainbow beam towards Mephiles as he screamed in pain on the impact of the beam. Charming Thunder collapsed to the ground as the light began to shine in the room. The door opened and Danny and the others arrived to see Charming Thunder and Mephiles on the ground in his normal form.

"Charming!" Twilight shouted as her and Applejack rushed on over to Charming Thunder. Twilight cradled him as the princesses arrive to the scene. Danny only approached his unconscious father and closed his eyes for a brief moment. "Charming, please get up!" Charming Thunder slowly opened his eyes to see Twilight and Applejack with him.

"Is it over?" Charming Thunder asked. Danny placed a hoof on Mephiles' head and felt something in him.

"He's still alive," Danny said. "And something has changed in him."

"Then it worked."

"It think so." Charming Thunder was helped up by Twilight and Applejack as he looked at Mephiles. Mephiles moaned as he shook his head and slowly opened his eyes as the princesses readied their horns for anything. He then got up and placed a hand on his head.

"What happened?" Mephiles asked. "Where am I?"

"Dad? It's me, Danny. Do you remember?"

"How could I not forget my son. Was it you who saved me from the darkness?"

"No. It was my brother; Charming Thunder."

"Brother?" Mephiles turned to look at Charming Thunder.

"Luna and Sombra took care of me for a thousand years."

"And what about your mother? Your real mother?"

"She is alive and well. I'll explain everything later."

"All the lives I took. All the things I did."

"Welcome to the circle of trust, Mephiles," Charming Thunder said as he let out his hoof. Mephiles hesitated at first and then grabbed Charming Thunder's hoof and shook it. A communicator was beeping and Celestia answered it.

"The fleet is retreating," a voice said. "Your orders?"

"I would let Mephiles decide that," Celestia said. "He is after all on our side now." Mephiles looked down and then back at Celestia.

Celestia then gave the communicator over to Mephiles and he ordered, "Destroy what I have created."

"Y-Yes, sir," the voice said; nervously. Mephiles then looked at everyone in the room and Danny began to explain things to him. With the fleet hunting down the remaining Mephiles Alliance members, the war was finally over.