• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 3,092 Views, 73 Comments

My Little Cuties - Amazing Ups



A man finds himself in a familiar situation, but finds caring for three fillies isn't as easy as he imagined. Is he gonna care for them the right way, or is a plot twist going to totally screw him over?

  • ...
12
 73
 3,092

{ 2 }

It's been a year since I first took up caring for these little fillies, and man has the time gone by. The three Cuties have begun to bond far more than they ever did within the show. They're not just best friends, they're sisters.They've been learning so much from each other...and I them. They've shown me the loving side of a family that I've never known. These times we’ve spent together have been absolutely wonderful.

I’ve been teaching them to talk, and it’s been going fairly well. They aren’t exactly fluent, but hey, they sure are trying. They've learned a handful of words since they've been with me. Mine, no, bath, and…Daddy.

Daddy. They saw me as Daddy, and I…I saw them as the daughters I'd been needing to fill the gap in my life. I saw them as my little girls; my little ponies;

My Little Cuties.

Naturally, after all this time, they've gotten the whole "talk talk words words" thing down. Experts at whining, especially Sweetie Belle. Of course, she takes after her sister.

I can't believe some of the things these rascals have been up to. Just the other day Scootaloo tried to learn how to ride my skateboard. She can get some amazing air when she uses her wings to power up… but she's causing a lot of racket. I'll have to find time to take her out to a skate park or something. When she showed me how she could practically ride on the walls of the apartment, I was thrilled. It was just like in the show, how she rode her scooter. Maybe when I saved up enough money I could get her one for her birthday. She seemed just as excited about it.

"Really Daddy? Just for me?"

"Of course Chicken. As long as you share it with your sisters."

And yes, I do call her Chicken.

With the thought of the scooter in my mind, I've been wondering a lot lately about their Cutie Marks. Would they even be able to get them in my world? Now that I thought about it, would they even stay in my world long enough to get them? I know it's just a matter of time before Twilight comes and whisks them away, and I'll never see them again. But how long would that take? I hope I never have to find out.

Anyways, the girls have become absolutely inseparable. The other day they asked me if they could have their own room. It was an awkward question for me. I've been running behind on the rent lately, but the only thing that matters right now are them.

I smiled, ruffled up their manes and said, "Not now, but soon."

And soon came very quickly. The manager of the theatre passed away recently, and just like he said, he left the deed to the theatre in my name. I feel like I should be a little more sad at his passing, but…I’ve already lost a lot in my life. I guess I own a movie theatre now. Funny how that works. The theatre has a small apartment-complex-thingy right above it, much larger than my own abode, with an old office that could be the girls' room. When I told them we'd be moving in, they were beyond ecstatic. All’s that left is to pack up my stuff…looks like I’ll be using that box I found them in again.

***

Oh God, how could I have been so STUPID? I knew they were excited, and it was just like them to try something as ridiculous as this.

After I had told them about the new apartment, I realized I had forgotten to lock up the theatre. It was pretty late, and it got broken into on more than one occasion. I used the money I had saved up for BronyCon to buy a new bicycle. So when I rode off and left them home alone, they decided to all pile up on the skateboard and rocket after me. As I was stepping inside, in the reflection of the glass door, I saw an orange, white and yellow streak headed straight for me.

Time seemed to slow down as I saw Scootaloo losing control of the board. Her eyes were filled with panic as they wobbled back and forth with too much speed. All three fillies flew into the air, and I dived to try and catch them.

Lying on the ground, I asked them quietly, "Are you all right?"

Sweetie Belle managed to say one thing. One terrifying thing.

"App…Apple Bloom..."

Oh no. I counted heads, short just one pony. I gingerly put them down out of sight, behind a dumpster, and hurriedly started searching for her. I was looking all around the street, the sidewalk, everywhere…and then I found her.

"No…please no."

I picked her up from the ground, shaking uncontrollably. I looked down on her. Her front right leg was bent in a terribly awkward position. It wasn't broken, but she certainly wouldn't be using it anytime soon. I didn't realize it at the time, but my eyes started to fill up to their brims, and overflow.

"Daddy?" I heard Sweetie Belle's voice call out. "Is she alright?"

I couldn't bear to answer her. Her and Scootaloo were behind me, trying to get a good look at their sister. It looked like she'd flew into the brick wall of the theatre and landed in the grass. Please let her be ok.Tears streamed down my face, and splashed down onto her.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle came up on either side of me. They both stood stock still, astonished.

"NO!" Scootaloo was staring, terrified. She sobbed into the side of my leg where I crouched on the ground. She managed to get some words out in between bouts of tears.

"It's all my fault!"

I searched for words to comfort her. Nothing came. Sweetie Belle still stood slightly behind us, shaking her head in disbelief with wide eyes.

Apple Bloom coughed softly. Life seemed to surge back through her body. In a daze, she said, "Daddy? What happened?"

I didn't take the time to respond. I just hugged her tight like I would never let go. I just sat there, holding on to her as long as I could.

"It's ok Bloom…it's ok. Everything's going to be ok."

***