• Published 17th Nov 2017
  • 1,594 Views, 9 Comments

Pear Family Gathering - Mirror Star



The Apple Siblings and Sugar Belle are invited to a family gathering being hosted by a few members of the Pear Family. However, Grand Pear and Granny Smith are not allowed to attend or at least they aren't welcomed to attend this gathering

  • ...
0
 9
 1,594

Starkrimson Pear and Red Bartlett

A few hours later, The Apples, Grand Pear, and Sugar Belle arrived at the Wind Plains train station. As soon as they got off, Falcon Eye and Elizabeth are waiting for them.


Falcon Eye said "Good, you all made it."


Applejack said "Aunt Falcon Eye. I didn't know you were meeting us. I can call you that, right?"


Falcon Eye said to Big Mac and Apple Bloom "Of course; you two can call me that as well. Now come on, we better head to the country club."


Grand Pear asked "So, where's Roast Pear?"


Falcon Eye said while leading them to the club "Making sure that everything is running smoothly. We may have finished with overall preparations, but he wants to make sure that nothing goes wrong and everypony is having fun; he's also making sure that there isn't a repeat of last time."


Big Mac asked "What happened last time?"


Falcon Eye said with an embarrassed look on her face "I don't feel like sharing that, but you were there when it happened."


Apple Bloom asked "Big Mac, you've been here before?"


Big Mac said while scratching his head "I don't think so."


Falcon Eye said "You were just a foal when Bright Mac and Pear Butter brought you here."


Granny Smith asked"That was a long time ago. How often do you have these gatherings?"


"Not as often as we should. The Pears live all over Equestria and have made themselves very busy; that's why we don't have these gatherings as often."


Falcon Eye said showing them the big white country club with a pear sign on it "Well, here we are."


Sugar Belle said "Wow, this place is huge."


Applejack said "Rarity was right about it being fancy.


Apple Bloom asked "Who owns this place?"


Said an elderly green earth pony with yellow eyes starkrimson pear cutie mark along with a orange earth pony with yellow eyes and three red-green pears cutie mark"That would be me, my great-niece."


Falcon Eye said "Big Mac, Applejack, and Apple Bloom, this is your Great Uncle, Starkrimson Pear and your aunt/his daughter, Red Bartlett."


Applejack said before she, Big Mac and Apple Bloom are grabbed tightly by Red Bartlett"Nice to meet......"


Red Bartlett said with an excited tone "It's so nice to see all three of you. I've known about you for a long time and have been looking forward to seeing you all at last; especially you Big Mac since I only saw you when you were just a foal."


Apple Bloom asked "Um, Aunt Bartlett, could you let us go? Your crushing us."


Red Bartlett said after letting them go "Oh, sorry. I've been so excited to meet the three of you, that I went overboard with my hugs again."


Applejack said "Your hugs are just as strong as my friend, Pinkie Pie."


Sugar Belle said"Her hugs are powerful."


Red Bartlett asked "Who are you?"


Sugar Belle said "I'm Sugar Belle; Big Mac's marefriend."


Red Bartlett said before Elizabeth attacked her "Ahhhh! It is so nice.......ah, hey, stop is Elizabeth"


Falcon Eye said while calling Elizabeth back"Don't even think about it, Bartlett. Why don't you and Uncle Starkrimson take them to see the rest of the family"


Red Bartlett said taking the apple siblings toward the club "Fine."


Sugar Belle said to Falcon Eye "Thanks; I think."


Falcon Eye whispered "When Roast Pear brought me here during their last family gathering, I was greeted by her the same way. She likes the idea of new family members. "


Sugar Belle said"New family?"


Falcon Eye pointed out "Well, Big Mac is a Pear by blood so he is part of the Pear family; if you two get married one day then you would be a part of the Pear family."


Sugar Belle said "Big Mac and I get married?"


Falcon Eye said "Don't think about that sort of thing too much; you two still have time to think about that sort of thing."


Grand Pear asked "Falcon Eye. I know you said that Roast Pear is making sure everything is going smoothly, but where do you think I might find him?"


Starkrimons pointed out "The golf course; I saw him head there."


Grand Pear said "Thank you."


Starkrimson said stopping him from going"And what makes you think I'll let you walk around these ground unsupervised?"


Grand Pear said firmly "You can come with me if you like; there is nothing stopping you."


Starkrimson said looking at Granny Smith "Fine. But she can't walk around unsupervised either."


Granny Smith shouted "I can take care of myself."


Starkrimson said to Granny Smith "Not the point. We invited Pear Butter's children, not you."


Falcon Eye said "If it makes you feel better uncle Starkrimson, I'll keep track of her."


He responded with a happier tone "It does."


"Falcon Eye. Tell my grandchildren to have fun and that he'll see them later."


Granny Smith said "I didn't need you to step in like that, but thanks."


Falcon Eye, Sugar Belle and Granny Smith finally caught up with the others. Apple Bloom asked where Grand Pear and Starkrimson Pear went and Falcon Eye said that he's going to go look for Roast Pear. She wanted to head back and help him since they promised to help him and be at his side during this gathering; Falcon Eye told them that Grand Pear wanted them to have fun and he would meet up with them later. While the apple siblings were reluctant about this, Granny Smith assured them that Grad Pear would be fine.


At the golf course, Grand Pear and Starkrimson Pear are looking for Roast Pear; right now they are at hole 5. While they are looking for him, the two begin a conversation.


Grand Pear asked "So, how have you been?"


Starkrimson said "I've been fine. I'm just about to retire from running the club and let Seckel Pear manage it while I play golf and spend time with my grandfillies."


Grand Pear said "Congratulations."


Starkrimson said "It was only a matter of time anyway; I only regret not doing it sooner. What about you? Apart from spending time with your grandfillies, what have you been doing?"


Grand Pear said "Nothing. I just want to be their for them; I've gotten to know them ever since I left Vanhoover and the pear jam store."


Starkrimson asked "Who runs it now?"


Grand Pear said "Some ponies that worked for me for a long time; they run the store and they keep me informed about it every week."


Starkrimson said "So, your leaving that store in the care of strangers. Tell me, if she were still alive, would you leave it to Pear Butter or Roast Pear?"


Roast Pear said appearing before them "I know I wouldn't want it; I don't want anything from you."


Inside the country club, Red Bartlett and Falcon Eye is taking everypony to the ballroom where the rest of the Pears are. While they are heading to the ballroom, Apple Bloom notices a picture of her father holding a foal Big Mac with a few other ponies.


Apple Bloom said "Hey Big Mac. It's you and dad."


Big Mac said looking at the portrait "It is."


Applejack pointed out "Well, they did say that you've been here before."


Red Bartlett "That's the new family portrait. We always have an artist paint a portrait of every new family member that we meet during the family gathering. This usually includes spouses and fillies."


Applejack asked "How come you're not in it, Falcon Eye?"


Falcon Eye explained "Because this was taken long before Roast Pear and I got married. This year, you and Apple Bloom will be included in the portrait with me, Pyrus, Sonic Gale, and the rest of the new family members."


At the ballroom entrance, a green stallion with red eyes and a green milkshake cutie mark comes out and notices the Apple Siblings with Falcon Eye and Red Bartlett. He then opens the ballroom door and says: Hey everypony, they're here; Bright Mac and Pear Butter's children are here.