• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 409 Views, 14 Comments

Fallout Equestria: The Wild West - Tigerdovefan34



A slave from a empire makes her way across her home. The problem is, who can she trust?

  • ...
 14
 409

Learning a Republic's Beginning

I opened my eyes and yawned. That was a sleep I haven't had in, well, forever. Smiling, I hopped off my cot, only to remember my left foreleg was injured once a twinge of pain hit me the moment it hit the floor. shaking a bit, I put the Saddlebag back on my hoof and walked toward the door, it opening upon me walking towards it. Gaping, I slowly walked out of the room to see many terminals and screens, with dozens upon dozens of Information on them. Locations, weapons, strategies. They had it all placed on the screens. "Wow." I whispered. This Enclave Republic seemed truthfully very advanced and ready for anything, like they were the most powerful thing in existence.

"Shadow Flower, over here." I heard Mattis' metallic voice to my side and I slowly trotted toward him, the pain i my foreleg slowly subsiding with every step. "Here." He said, injecting a painkiller into my foreleg, which numbed the pain very much so. "That should keep your foreleg from acting up while we train. We chemically enhanced this Painkiller to make sure the effect of drowsiness and lethargy was practically non existent. We use this on all our wounded members who aren't wounded enough for surgery, but are wounded enough to feel a shit ton of pain. Now, let's go training. Agreed?" He stated and I nodded. I wanted to see how the Enclave Republic trained their soldiers and I also wanted to know how to fly.

We went down the stairs to what I believed to be a shooting range, what with several dozen targets on the wall and there being quite a few weapons there. He walked up and choose the gun that was a lot like the one in my own Saddlebag. "This is the RB - 276 Revolver. 12 rounds are in it already. It's quite the powerful weapon and it's the gun you have in your saddlebag. Here. Try it out for yourself." He handed me the weapon and I easily fired it 12 times at the targets, with 7 of the 12 rounds hitting it while the other 5 missed. "Good shot." He said after a brief period of silence from the shock of my accuracy.

"I killed 10 Raiders on my lonesome with my RB - 276. I don't need lessons on accuracy. I only need to know how to reload and how to fly, James." I told him, rather impatient at my lessons being impeded by something I very much know how to do well.

"Very Well." He nodded. "I suppose we should start with the basics. Once you have the knowledge on how to reload and fire several guns that we have before we start flying training. I think we should have you just know how to Normally fly, just because that is something you need to know more than how to do strange, unneeded stunts." I nodded and together, we trained for several minutes, him showing me how to reload guns like the RB - 276 Revolver. "Only design that was produced when the Megaspells hit. We're working on improving it." He answered after I asked him why it was so complex to reload. We then went on to shotguns and rifles (getting pushed back from the blast of a shotgun is certainly not fun). Finally, he began to train me to fly.

"Jump up and flap your wings slowly but gently. Allow air to go through them. Think of yourself like a piece of cloth floating through the wind. Leave all thoughts of your weight behind you." James stated, flying upwards. I followed his examples and slowly, I felt myself lift off the ground, feeling the air between my wings and thinking myself to be as weightless as possible. I looked towards him, the biggest smile on my face. "You're doing great, kid." He said in an almost fatherly tone. It's funny. I've only known this stallion for only a day and yet I feel as if he is my father. Our friendly moment was interrupted when two ponies, a pegasus and a unicorn, both in what looked to be very light armor, walked down the stairs to face us. James immediately went down from his somewhat limited flight in this shooting range and turned to them. "Recruit Arcade, Recruit Lyons, What in the name of the three great spies are you doing down here? Shouldn't you be training with Second Lieutenant Long Shadow?" He barked out an order to the two obviously lower rank and younger ponies. Recruits? Maybe I could get some information from those two that I probably won't be able to get from Mattis.

"We were on our way, however, First Lieutenant Jackson ordered us to come down here and get you. He needs to speak with you, sir!" The unicorn, presumably Recruit Lyons from how prideful he looked, answered the order. James sighed.

"First Lieutenant Jackson is our leader. He's the reason why we are here in the first place. I'll be back in a minute, he probably wants to chew my ear out for bringing in some random mare that came from the wastes." James responded. "Watch her until I get back and you two will have a good word put in with the Second Lieutenant." He said, walking up the stairs, his armor clanking noisily on each one as he walked upwards.

"Yes, First Sergeant!" The Pegasus, Recruit Arcade I presume, replied as both Recruits saluted James before turning towards me. The silence was very thick but I wanted to know something about this I was finding more about group I currently am in.

"So, what the story behind this place?" I asked once I thought the silence had gone on long enough. It was time to get some answers, though I doubted I would get much from recruits. Recruit Arcade simply smiled while Recruit Lyons simply rolled his eyes.

"Well, this place has been here since before we were born. First Lieutenant Jackson came here with a squadron of around 2 Raptor Cloudships and just made this place his home. By the time we were born, he had been here for 20 years, stopping raiders from killing and looting ponies, Slavers from making us, well, slaves, and Creatures from turning us to food. The moment we became of age 10 years ago, we both agreed to join, as repayment for all the help the First Lieutenant has given us. Anymore questions?" Arcade answered. This place has been here for over 20 years and this group has as well? Why did the Caliphate never mention them?

"May I ask if this is your only position in the Desert and how many recruits there are?" I requested to know. Arcade opened his mouth to answer but Lyons put a hood over his mouth, giving me a sneer.

"Why did you call this place a Desert?"

"Isn't that what this place is? With all the sand and barren land?"

"The Megaspells caused this. This place isn't a desert, it's a wasteland."

"Mega-what now?"

"You're kidding."

"I'm serious, what's a Megaspell?" After I asked that, Arcade and Lyons Shared a look that stated 'is this mare crazy?'. I rolled my eyes and motioned my hoof for him to answer. He answered with a story of an apparent 'Great War' between someplace called Equestria and a race called the zebras. He told that for a while, both sides were locked in dead heat until both sides sent Megaspells to each other in a last ditch attempt to win the war, Only for both sides to be destroyed. "Ok, I call it the Wasteland now, I guess. Can Arcade answer my questions now?" I didn't care much for some pathetic war that happened over a hundred years ago.

"Uh, sure." Arcade said. "For your first question, you're going to have ask the First Lieutenant or the Second Lieutenant for an answer. Maybe the Sergeant First Class. I don't know. We came a village that is quite a way from here. Raptor Cloudships took us here for training. For your second question, well, if I recall correctly from what I've seen, there are about 15 Recruits if you include us and 40 Regulars, making our force have a size of 55. Not very big, but what does size matter when you have technology?" He answered, a smile plastering his face while Lyons just stared at him with a disappointed expression.

"Well, nice to know I have a good sized force at my -" WIIIIIIRRRRRR! a loud noise that rang throughout the Outpost cut me off while Arcade and Lyons both stiffened at the alarm. "What the fuck is that?!" I demanded, putting hooves on my ears to at least soften the noise.

"Caliphate Raid! Lyons, we have to stop and help now!" Arcade said to Lyons whom nodded and ran up the steps. "Listen, Ma'am. Nice meeting you but for your own safety, Stay Here!" He told me before running up the stairs himself, leaving me to boil. There were Caliphate soldiers out there but I couldn't kill them because I just arrived here. The idea made my blood boil. I remembered every time a Caliphate soldier tased me far harder than necessary. I remembered every time one hit me when I had done everything I was ordered to do in the correct way. These assholes treated me like shit for 16 years but I couldn't take my revenge and kill a few of them? Horse. Shit. Grabbing a fully loaded ERSR - 196, I ran up the stairs to the upper levels of the Outpost, where several gunshots were sounding off.

I ran Right, where I heard the action was happening. Immediately, I reached a platform that Lyons, Arcade, and 2 Enclave Regulars from the looks of them all shooting at Caliphate soldiers. I ran up next to them and took up a position, putting my rifle on the edge and picking a target. The Caliphate soldier was dressed in red armor with several stripes green outlining his armor, his eye sockets a pale blue. I immediately fired at his skull and saw him flop face first into the ground, his blood seeping out onto the Wasteland sand. Re-cocking the Hammer and chose another target. "Ma'am, what the hell are you doing?! I told you to stay put!" Arcade yelled, firing several rounds at two Caliphate Soldiers while I took down immediately, hitting him square in the throat. I couldn't hear him, but his slow death was joyous enough to me.

"And I say fuck off! I have been a slave to these assholes since I was a fucking foal. For 16 long years, I was abused constantly by those soldiers. So Excuse me, but when I have the chance to kill a few bastards, I'm going to take it!" I yelled, firing a few more rounds into the bodies of a few stallions. Arcade looked at me in shock at what I had just said.

"You were a slave?!" Several rounds nearly hit him when he said and turned around to fire back. Nodding, I continued my Caliphate Shooting Range, wounding many and killing a few. It was like that for a few minutes, us above the Caliphate force shooting down on them while they foolishly shot up in a vain attempt to hit us. It always failed. Eventually, a regular held up a hoof to his ear and hissed an angry groan. "The Machine Gun on the upper is our one True chance to get them to retreat. Sergeant James Mattis has it but he needs to help him load the rounds as he fires! If you are up for it, go, but if you aren't, stay here and keep shooting!" He yelled but I was already halfway up the stairs by the time he finished his sentence. I reached the upper most balcony that wasn't the roof and from that, I saw James shooting down below using his own ERSR - 196.

"Hey kid. I don't know why you're here, but grab those casings and calmly tug them into the chamber as I fire the gun." He stated, putting down his rifle and gripping the handles of the machine gun. I nodded and slowly, I fed the chamber every round as he fired, spraying the ground below. For the next few minutes, this continued until their forces began to slowly pull back, the living dragging the wounded that could be saved. James stopped firing, but I took his rifle and began to fire down upon them, killing around 7 before James tackled me to the, the orange eyes of his helmet burning into my soul. "Shadow Flower, stop! Their retreating. It's done. You don't need to kill anymore of them." He calmly stated, allowing me to calm down. Slowly, he grabbed his rifle and began to walk down the stairs with me, the silence hitting us hard.

"Why were those Caliphate soldiers attacking this place?" I asked.

"Our supplies. We have a large stockpile of medical supplies, rounds, weapons, drugs, you name it. We give it out to Wastelanders when we can but the Caliphate see our stockpile as a way to get stronger." He snorted as we reached the lowest floor that was directly on the ground. "How much have we lost, Sergeant Major?" He asked the pony in front of him, who was overlooking the stockpile.

"It seems this Raid was very unsuccessful for them. Nothing taken, James." A feminine voice sounded behind the helmet. James sighed before he placed his hooves on his helmet, it opening with a Loud hiss.

"That's good. It means we can help more wastelanders than we could After previous raids." He said, his voice clean and calming as he spoke. He was a yellow Pegasus with a Brown mane and purple eyes. He turned his face into a frown when he received a message on his Pipbuck. "Take charge here, Posey. Tell First Lt. Jackson when you have the report ready. I have to talk to my friend for a minute." The mare, whom I realized was an Earth Pony due to her armor having no wings, nodded and began to talk everything in the stockpile.

Slowly we began to walk upwards and then straight forward. "You're a former Caliphate slave, eh?" He asked and I disappointedly nodded. "That's Nothing be ashamed about, Shadow. You escaped from them. That's fantastic news. Your story could even be an inspiration to other slaves in the future one day, to show that despite what you currently are, you can be greater." He said, smiling at me. I chuckled at his kind words.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it, Flower." He said. "Now, I believe you want to hear about how our little group started, don't you?" I nodded, having a curious look on my face as we continued down the hallway. My left Foreleg began to twinge in pain every few steps, though it was only small ounces of pain. I could bear through it.

"Well, my story begins 40 years ago. I was a young 8 year old Colt when the High Council from Cloudsdale stated they needed at least 30 brave stallions and mares and 10 brave colts and Fillies to join an operation under the command of First Lt. Jackson Featherstorm. I immediately signed up. My own father, Jesse Hawkswoop, had betrayed the enclave and Became a Dashite when I was only a few years old. A Dashite is a Pegasus who goes down to the Wasteland without the Enclave's orders." He explained due to my confused glance at the word Dashite. "Anyways, we left the clouds for this place a week after the announcement was made. To be Honest, the First Lt. Was happy to leave, After being harrased due to being my Fathers older brother for so long. Once we made landfall in this Wasteland, we immediately began to collect weapons and blueprints throughout the wastes, going by the motto of 'we are taking these things to keep the wastelanders safe from themselves' of course this philosophy didn't last long.

"After 2 years, there was an attack on a village by a bunch of raiders. We arrived just in time to stop the raiders After they killed just 3 ponies and threatened a poor Colt. After this fight, the First Lt found a location of an old ruined shack and rebuilt it to be this Outpost, declaring their new mission was to help and protect the ponies of this Wasteland. The Second Lt and I supported him and we rebranded ourselves the Enclave Republic, with Jackson Featherstorm as our president until we had an official population for our nation."

"Several members disagreed and 9 years ago, they split, declaring that they were going to follow the original mission that we were sent on. We call them the Enclave Loyalists. Nowadays, we take in local ponies to train and expand our ranks to give more protection for the Wasteland. Unicorns, Earth Ponies, Pegasi. It didn't matter and still doesn't. If they're willing to serve, then we let them."

"That's the story of our little group, if a bit summarized. I hope you have plenty to think on now. Anyways, we're here." He said, stopping by a large door and ending his story. The story was quite interesting. The president of this republic was James' uncle and I felt like this group generally wants to help ponies. Though something began to bother me. I had a feeling that the Enclave sent these guys here for something more than simple technology confiscation.

"What's behind the door?" I asked, pushing my thoughts away to give that question.

"The Doctor. You need help with that scar and foreleg." The door slowly began to open upon him saying that. "Once you're finished, meet me in the cafeteria to get some grub and follow me to meet with the First Lt. He has something he has to give you." He said, walking away, his body armor making clanking noises as he walked away. I waved a good bye and entered the doctors room.

"Please Sit, ma'am." I heard a masculine voice demand and I sat on the the doctor's bed. The stallion walked out of the darkness to reveal that he was a green unicorn with blue eyes. "Shot Dislocated Left Foreleg and a Head scar inflicted from self surgery, for what I do not know however. I'm doctor Vanilla Swirl, I'll be helping you with treatment. Please, take some non-enhanced painkillers and relax. I promise you'll be fixed in no time." I followed his request and grabbed the Painkillers in his magic, stabbing it into my body. Instantly, my body felt Woody and I fell down, quickly fading out, the doctor stating, "That may have been a bit too quick." As everything went black.


"Wake up, ma'am. I'm done." Slowly opening up my eyes, I went up and stared at the stallion. "Everything has been completely healed. Now please go to the cafeteria. I'm very busy and you've taken up enough time." I smiled and hopped off the doctor's table, enjoying the non pain of placing my left Foreleg on the ground and began to trot toward the cafeteria, which James had given me directions to on my Pipbuck. This group didn't seem so be and who knows, perhaps my luck will turn around with them helping me.

Author's Note:

XP earned: +673.

Item(s) Picked up: Enclave Republic Dollar (+17); +48 7.92×57mm Rounds; +80 Caps.

Location(s) discovered: None

Weapon picked up: ERSR - 196.

Level Progress: 27% to Level 4

Reputation: Enclave Republic Trainee

Injuries: None

Trait(s): Former Slave - You have escaped the sin of Slavery and now, it is time to see if you have what it takes to survive. Effects: +5 damage against Slaver, -15 Damage against Raider.

Sneak Fighter - You prefer to fight in a more sneaky fashion, rather than going all in, you will always try to kill as many foes silently as possible before you get caught in order to lessen the chances of having a full-on duel. Effects: +1 Sneak; +5 Damage to any enemy when in sneak; Possibility to use Sneak kill if undetected.

Enclave Republic Trainee - The Enclave Republic has decided to somewhat trust you with their training and has agreed to teach you how to fight in their way. It will take a while to be recognized as an official member, however. Effects: +5 Damage to Caliphate soldier; +5 Damage to DPRE soldier; +5 Damage to Slaver; +20 Damage to Raider; +12 Damage to Alicorns; +5 Relations with Grand Enclave Republic members; 20% discount in Enclave Republic stores.

Location(s) Discovered: None

Quest Complete: Defending a Republic's Base.

Weapon Description: Enclave Republic Standard Rifle - 196 (Abbreviated: ERSR - 196): Produced as soon as the Enclave Republic made landfall in the Turklac Desert, this 25 round rifle is the standard for the ER in any and all combat situations. Using 5 round magazine in sets of 5, This rifle has an Iron sights and has hoof grips giving a good aim and a good way to keep hold of it in a stressful situation. When First Lt. Jackson's ragtag squadron of 20 arrived in the  Turklac Desert, he realized that the regular enclave weapons that had been used many times before simply wasn't going to cut it and thus, using the superior technology of the Enclave compared to the rest of the wasteland at the time, he created a new rifle that would be able to help the Enclave Republic win big. The stockpile is 4500, but Caliphate raids on Alpha Outpost have taken several from the Enclave Republic and incorporated it into their army, massively producing it on a scale the ER can't. The Hammer is quite fickle but has been adapted for when a pony has to fire another round, they push up the hammar, pull it back, push it down and push it forward. A 5th click will be heard once ready to be fired Again.