• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 11,533 Views, 379 Comments

The Daily Show presents: Equestrian Interviews - Daily Show Ponies



Jon Stewart interviews various MLP: FiM characters at the end of an episode of 'The Daily Show'

  • ...
20
 379
 11,533

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 16 [Changeling]: Your moment of zen: Part 2

“From one world to another, the transition is instantaneous.”

These were the words that Jon had carved into a plaque which hung just above the door to the waiting room at the Daily Show headquarters.

Ryne, like several others before him, experienced this whenever Celestia used her magic to transport them back and forth between their world and Jon’s. This also meant that, in less than a second, instead of New York, he was now back in Equestria.

It took a moment to realize where he was. The once low-key and minimalist room that was Jon’s waiting room, was now the very center of the royal chamber at Canterlot Castle. Instead of a worn out sofa, there was a throne, instead of a complimentary bowl of candy, there were display ornaments, instead of a gaggle of interns and writers trying to get his attention, Ryne was now surrounded by royal guards. And most importantly, instead of Jon Stewart, there was Princess Celestia.

“EEP!” Ryne yelped, as he quickly used his magic to transform himself back to his grey and orange DJ form.

“Be still young one, you are in no danger.” Celestia assured him, though it didn’t exactly help with each guard pointing their spear at him. “I only wish to speak with you... nothing more.”

“P-p-p-princess!” Ryne stuttered before dropping to his knees and bowing his head. Celestia expected him to say something but for awhile all he did was stay in this position till he worked up the nerve to speak.“P-PLEASE FORGIVE ME YOUR MAJESTY! I’m sorry for deceiving you and lying to get into the human world! Please don’t banish me.”

With his head down, Ryne couldn't see what was going on around him. All he heard was the sound of hoofsteps approaching him. He braced himself for the worse, but got the exact opposite.

“Arise, Mr. Pygmalion.” She said in a soft tone. “Or do you prefer to go by Ryne?”

“Um... R-Ryne is fine.” He said as he slowly got up. “You’re... you're not mad at me?”

Celestia chuckled as she leaned in so she wouldn't have to raise her voice for him to hear her.

“Of course not, young Changeling.” She said. “Why would you think that?”

“Oh well, I just... I just assumed that you... ” He stammered trying to phrase his answer delicately. “I just thought you would be mad that I tricked you... is all." His answer made the guards around him noticeably annoyed, but a quick glance by Celestia told them to hold back.

“While I will admit that I wasn’t... exactly thrilled about the idea of having you in New York at first.” Celestia admitted. “But that all changed once I saw your interview... I must say it was very well done.”

“You... you liked it?” Ryne asked.

“Oh my, yes. It was very entertaining, definitely in my top ten favorites” She answered. “I found it quite engaging because I got learn a lot about you... and your people.” Ryne could hardly believe this was happening.

“So... I’m not in trouble?” He added.

“It took a considerable amount of arguing with Jon on that very subject, but I have come to the conclusion that no... you are not in any trouble.” She said.

“Well... I should be.” Ryne said, surprising everyone in the room. “I deliberately broke the law when I lied to get into the human world... and for that, I shouldn’t be treated differently than anypony else... if you feel the need to punish me... then you should.”

The silence between them was promptly broken by Celestia chuckling to herself

“Yes, it’s true that the process by which you you entered the human world was... a bit unorthodox.” She admitted. “But another way one could approach this matter is that since both DJ Pygmalion and Ryne are one in the same pony, you didn’t lie to me so, in a sense... no laws were broken.”

“So... I can continue to stay here?” He asked, getting a nod in return.

“By my royal decree, Ryne the Changeling shall be allowed to live within my kingdom.” She said, causing all the guards to take a step back and lower their weapons as a smile materialized on Ryne's face. “What you did today was a truly brave act. You not only risked your life doing what you believed was right, but you also showed me that, despite popular opinion, there are those like you who are worth listening to.”

“...All I ever wanted was a chance to tell the world that we can be good!” He blurted out of nowhere as tears began to stream down his face. Before he could verbally express this new found emotion, a gentle hoof found its way to his face, wiping away the loose tear drops.

“And you got what you wanted.” Celestia said. “You have proven, not just to me... but to quite a great number of ponies, that some Changelings are capable of compassion, understanding, integrity, and benevolence... and it’s because of these traits that I will permit you to stay in Ponyville... if that’s okay with you that is.”

“...THANK YOU!” A tearful Ryne roared as he jumped to give Celestia a hug. This action in turn made all the guards equip their weapons again, only to withdraw them when Celetia motioned with her hoof to stand down.

“It’s no problem really.” She assured him. “Just do me one single favor.”

“Of course!” Ryne blurted. “Anything!”

“The next time you’re doing a show... please inform me first.” She said “I would very much like to hear your music.” And with that, the two exchanged some warm smiles as the guards created a path for Ryne to the door where another pair of guards were ready to escort them.

“Now then, I do have some business to attend to so, if you don’t mind.” She said as she motioned to the door. “My guards will escort you out.”

“O-okay!” Ryne said as he turned around to leave before being called back.

“One last thing.” Celestia said. “Before you depart... I would like to... officially welcome you to our little family.”

Ryne turned to see Celestia offering her hoof for a shake. Surprised by this action he looked behind him at the guards, though they didn't make eye contact. Hesitantly he walked up to Celestia and gently reached out to grab a hold. Right before he was about to make contact Celetia quickly recoiled her hoof, causing a confused Ryne to stare at her.

“But... when I said I want to welcome you, I mean the real you... the real Ryne.” She said. The request didn’t sit well with Ryne. Not because he was afraid of revealing himself to be a Changeling, that ship had long since set sail. What irked him the most was the conditions of the request. The last time Princess Celestia met face to face with a Changeling (in this very room no less) was during the Canterlot invasion by Queen Chrysalis, where she suffered a momentary defeat... So for her to be asking such a thing seemed too esoteric.

“As you wish... your majesty.” Ryne closed his eyes and concentrated. In a flash of green light, Ryne had reverted to his old form. Celestia watched as the subject before him slowly lifted his head and opened his eyes, revealing a large set of yellow insect pupils, when he opened his mouth to let out a sigh she could see his sharp row of teeth. He looked scared so she aimed to help anyway she can. Firstly by extending her hoof once more.

“Ryne.” She said as she grabbed his hoof and gave it a firm shake. “Welcome to my kingdom... I think you’re going to like it here.”

PreviousChapters Next