• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 11,565 Views, 379 Comments

The Daily Show presents: Equestrian Interviews - Daily Show Ponies



Jon Stewart interviews various MLP: FiM characters at the end of an episode of 'The Daily Show'

  • ...
20
 379
 11,565

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 10 [Vinyl Scratch]: Jon makes the reqeust

With Trixie now occupied by the kids, Jon had some free time to make his new request. Alone in his study Jon picked up his phone, leaned against his desk and began to call Celestia. And did so completely by memory.

The phone rang a little bit longer than usual but like always the same soothing voice eventually answered.

"Why hello Jon." Celestia said. "What can I do for you today?"

"Hey Celestia I'm just calling cause I need a favor," he answered. "I'm looking for a certain pony for my show and I was wondering if you could help me."

"No." Celestia said.

"Good cause..uh wait...I-I beg your pardon?" Jon shockingly asked.

"Just kidding, of course I'll help you!" She said. "...I'm sorry Jon I just thought I'd joke around first."

"If that's your idea of a Joke then I got news for you," Jon retorted. "Don't quit your day job." Jon wondered if perhaps he was being too harsh to Celestia...something which didn't occur to her as she responded by laughing.

"Oh I just got that!" She chuckled. "'Day Job'...because I raise the sun. Oh my Jon, I suppose that's why you're the one hosting the show and not me."

Jon was tempted to tell her that he was in fact not joking but was being very serious.

"Uh, so about that pony?" Jon asked.

"Oh, of course," Celestia said. "Do you have a name."

"Yeah her name is Vinyl Scratch," Jon answered. "I believe she's a musician."

"Ah yes Ms. Scratch I do know of her," She answered. "She's quite famous in some parts...such a nice girl."

"You just said the magic word...'nice,'" He said. "Ever since my last guest I've been meaning to find a pony who won’t insult me at every chance she gets."

"Oh dear...that certainly doesn't sound like the Twilight I know," Celestia responded. "I was under the impression that you two really hit it off."

Immediately Jon slammed his hand over his mouth in a panic induced fear. He almost let slip that Trixie was in his world illegally since she never asked Celestia first.

"I'm..I'm just kidding again!" Jon blurted. "Twilight was great it's just...It's just she was a bit...let's say easily carried away. I'm just looking, uh looking for someone who is more used to being in front of an audience. Someone who is...professional and sophisticated like Octavia was. Her appearance really classed up the joint."

There was a small pause on the other line before Celestia responded.

"And to that end...you want Vinyl Scratch?" She asked.

"Of course," Jon asked. "She is Octavia friend, I mean you've met her before right?"

Ordinarily Celestia would have explained to Jon that in this regard Vinyl might not be what he was expecting but she remembered what Jon had said earlier about her not quitting her day job.

"Why yes I have met her before and may I say she is a prime example of how a proper young lady should conduct herself." Celestia answered. "The last time I had the pleasure of meeting her acquaintance was when we invited her to...perform at a royal wedding."

"See this is exactly what I need!" Jon said. "Getting the chance to play in an orchestra at a royal wedding? Can't get much more elegant than that! Let's set this up!"

"Very well, Jon," She said with a giggle. "Would you like to go ask her yourself?" The sound of something shattering downstairs told Jon that no, he had no time for a face to face inquisition.

"You know what I'm going to let you handle that," He said. "Things have been somewhat hectic around here since we've had another mouth to feed."

"Oh my! I had no idea Tracey had another child!" Celestia said with excitement. "That's so wonderful!"

Jon once again placed his hand over his mouth. This was strike two for Jon almost revealing Trixie's presence and he didn't want to risk obtaining a third one.

"Oh no it's nothing like that! We uh...we just have a guest over!" Jon said in a panic as he heard the sound of something else breaking. "Listen I gotta go! Tell the sun I say 'hi!'"

Jon hung up before Celestia could respond and without hesitation ran down stairs to see what the commotion was about. Unaware that the wild antics of Trixie and his kids were nothing compared to what he just agreed to.

PreviousChapters Next