• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 11,586 Views, 379 Comments

The Daily Show presents: Equestrian Interviews - Daily Show Ponies



Jon Stewart interviews various MLP: FiM characters at the end of an episode of 'The Daily Show'

  • ...
20
 379
 11,586

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 9 [Trixie]: Here it is your moment of zen

Later that night at Jon's study


"You really didn't think that one through, did ya?" Jon asked a frightened looking Trixie who was crouched on the floor of his study.

Shortly after her interview Trixie realized the potential consequences of what she had done. She had broken Celestia's rule of not traveling to the human world without first going through her. This was a very high capitol offense which to Trixie meant she would be banished from the kingdom of Equestria.

Jon had explained to her that the interview wasn't live so Celestia (as well as everyone else) had no idea she was here. Knowing that he had been fooled into appearing on an off-the-air taping of the show surprisingly didn't make her mad but instead eased her troubles. However her relief as there was another problem.

In her haste to get to New York Trixie had forgotten to pack any of her mystical items. Her herbs, spell books, and other magical supplies were all back in Equestria and to top it all off she had used most of her magic just getting here. What all this meant was Trixie was too weak and ill prepared to travel back to Equestria on her own. The only way to get back home was to get Celestia to teleport her back...of course this would mean she would now Trixie disobeyed her orders.

"What am I going to do!" Trixie nervously said. "I'm stuck here and the only way back is through...oh now! Pl-please...please don't call Celestia...if she finds out I'm in your world she'll...no...no, no, no, no this can't be happening!"

Jon wanted to say something; anyhing to try and comfort her but this was all a bit outside of his scope of expertise. Trixie continued to curl on the ground while pulling her hat over her face to hide her expressions.

"I mean I...I can handle being kicked out of school or, or, or the orphanage but the entire Equestrian nation!?" She exclaimed. "A-and she'll do it to! She'll throw me away like everypony else I mean...w-why not!? Nopony loves me...nopony wants Trixie!"

Her ramblings started to become more erratic almost as if her brain was going faster than her mouth could keep up. Jon didn't know what to say, he just watched as Trixie wallowed in self pity and fear.

"...why does nopony want me?" She said with a sniffle. He could hear no more. If there was one thing Jon Stewart could not stand it was the sight of a lady crying. He had to say something.

"Look Trixie who says you have to go back to Equestria?" Jon asked, patting her on the shoulder. "I mean look...why...why don't you just stay here...with me?"

Trixie spun around, trying and failing to hid her tears.

"W-What?" She asked.

"Sure why not! I mean look, no one knows your here so you wont get in trouble." Jon continued. "You're always traveling so no one will know your missing."

Trixie began to calm down. She spun back around and used her hat to wipe away her tears before standing up to face Jon.

"Besides this will benefit me as well," Jon added. "I mean I'm still pretty new at this Equestrian thing so you could me my uh...my magical assistant."

"You mean...I would be your teacher?" Trixie asked.

"Oh well...uh YES, yes you will be my teacher!" Jon said.

"And, a-and this will be...my home?" She asked.

"Exactly! Who needs Equestria," he said. "And listen...if you want I'll uh...AH--whenever I go to Equestria I'll bring back some supplies every now and again for you. Then, only when you're ready, you can go back and no one will be the wiser."

For a moment Trixie just stared at Jon in Shock. She had a hard time comprehending why he was being so nice to her. Immediately she regained her composure and spun around to grab her hat.

"I...I suppose you need me that badly the Great and Powerful Trixie can stay and guide you for now," she said with her nose in the air. "If I am to live here there will be some changes! I demand a new bed for my room, three course meals, and I shall not be disturbed during mediation hours! Now then...I shall retire to my living quarters for the evening."

Trixie left Jon's study and into the hallway. Jon stood up to stretch when he noticed Trixie had poked her head back inside.

"Oh...and Jon?" She said, before dashing forward to hug him (though due to their size differences all she could do was embrace his leg). "Thank you."

With that she ran out the room into the guest bed room once again. Jon felt a warm fuzzing feeling for having done his good deed for the day but that feeling quickly went away and was replaced by dread

"Oh dear lord what hell hath I brought upon my house?" He thought. He walked towards his desk to pop a couple of aspirins to ward of the incoming headache he would soon receive from his wife who would undoubtedly be furious with him.

He staggered to his bedroom already regretting what he had done. The thought of having "The Great and Powerful Trixie" as a housemate was enough to make Jon want to put a bullet in his head...but she was in trouble and Jon couldn't just toss her aside like everyone else. It wouldn't be right.

As much as Jon hated his present situation in time he would look back on this day as the best decisions he ever made in his entire life. For unbeknownst to Jon at the time the decision to interview Trixie off-the-air and have her stay with him in his house would not only ensure the safety of himself, his wife, and his kids but also all of Equestria.

PreviousChapters Next