• Published 20th Nov 2017
  • 433 Views, 2 Comments

How to Build an Alicorn - RDDash



Pinkie Pie decided to become an Alicorn??? Jet engines check Zero point energy manipulator,... we still need to get that!

  • ...
 2
 433

4: Presentation at Royal Court

“Are you sure about that?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Sure, I don't see why not,” replied Pinkie Pie.

Twilight flinched slightly the whole idea feels comfortable to her. “Well, I mean it's a bit too late now I just thought it would be too dangerous for a filly her age.”

“Nuh,” Pinkie Pie shook her head, “the equipment is very safe, I know so because I personally test it.”

Twilight was still very uneasy about it, “Yes, but that is you and that is her.”

The whole conversation started off because Twilight and the group just arrived in Canterlot for a royal presentation of an experimental project Alicorn.

The name was chosen by Twilight Sparkle for a reason, specifically because she plainly refused the name Cerapter which was suggested by Rainbow Dash who thought it would be damn cool.

Pinkie Pie rolled the dice and turns out that Scootaloo out of all ponies was chosen to be geared up, it wasn't that hard for Pinkie Pie to make sure that she would say yes.

”You are going to fly kid’’, That's all it took was six simple words.

“Princess Celestia would like to see you now,” out of nowhere the guard interrupted them.

“Aw, but I was going down the memory lane,” pouted Pinkie Pie.

Princess Twilight Sparkle sighed and then slightly pushed Pinkie Pie to keep her moving, “Come on let's just go and do it then,” She nodded to the royal guard that gestured for them to follow him.

Pinkie Pie shrugged off “The Royal Guard is a very traditional gender role for stallions,” She said to no one in particular.

Princess Twilight Sparkle raised an eyebrow, “While it's technically a true statement, but Pinkie to whom are you talking too?”

“Oh, to no one in particular. Um, so are we going outside then?

Princess Twilight frowned, “Well, technically yes, unless you want to completely trash the castle by creating a mess. Which would then will be very expensive. I am sure of it that nopony will get hurt, it's just that medical bills are going to be at the premium.”

“Oh, sorry, I suppose that makes sense,” Pinkie Pie glanced at her friend who only now started to scowl. “What I mean to say is that would certainly going to be bad.”

They continued to walk pass the corridors until they ended up in the courtyard of the castle where the small delegation of the entire royal family, as well as few Canterlot snobs, was also there.

Pinkie Pie once again glanced at Twilight and then noticed once again that the former continued to scowl.

“I said that out loud didn’t I?“

“Yes you did Pinkie,” Princess Twilight said with clenched teeth. “I am not sure if you didn't notice it yet but I am also part of Canterlot snobbish class.”

“Oh geez, I didn't mean it like that Twilight, you are actually one of the nicest ones. Also, why are you so upset anyway? I thought that you didn't care what they think about.”

Unfortunately, this didn't help her to ease the situation. “Oh come on Twilight, stop with the frowny face, pretty please!”

“It's amazing how the pink one keeps ignoring the protocol by refused, so uncouth.” Said the random Noble who happens to be a snob as well.

“Unfortunately as much as I don't like that either, Lady Pie have a certain, should I say privileges.”

Princess Twilight blinked and suddenly her very own harsh demeanor softened, “Prince Bluey, is that your voice I heard just now?”

“Uh, yes that would be me, I am a bit surprised because I wasn't sure if you snap out of yours, should I say hero worship. Isn’t that's why you became all moody of all of the sudden?”

“I am not moody, Bluey, Princess Celestia is very important to me, and it's just...”

“You are not going to be that grumpy grump just because of that, why wouldn't you tell me the real reason.”

Pinkie Pie had been listening to Prince Blueblood and Princess Twilight conversation until suddenly everything clicked inside of her head.

“Bluey? Are you two dating or something?” She asked both of them.

Prince Blueblood blushed that was a quite new reaction that Pinkie Pie would never have thought she would get from him.

“Honestly this is not any of your business Lady Pie, also please refer to me by my title next time.”

Princess Luna wasn’t having any of it, her patience was about to blow it, “That's quite enough from all of you, I really appreciate it that you would live your pity squabbles for a later time. For now, .let us do what we all came here for.”

Princess Celestia.sighed, “As much as it pains me to say this, I have to agree with you sister. Let the program code-named Alicorn commence.”

She paused, “Miss Pinkamena Diane Pie, let me make this absolutely clear did you or didn't you spent the last few days in the temporal quantum bubble?”

“That's correct your highness,” answered back Pinkie Pie.

“What exactly this temporal quantum entails?”

“It exactly what it sounds like, Your Highness, temporal quantum bubble wrap...”

“Excuse me?” Prince Blueblood interrupted her.

Pinkie Pie blinked, “What is it Prince Bluey?” It would seem that she just found lots of metaphorical ammunition for teasing them both if that deemed possible at the time.

Prince Blueblood just simply ignored her insolence, “Did you just said bubble wrap?”

“Yepperoni, this is what’s called a reference, which is no way a sequel,” she then winked one again.

“Pinkie I know what you are trying to do is to confuse everypony, can we please just move on. Princess Celestia, please continue with the procedure.”

“Right, I believe this explanation is satisfactory at what happened during the last, what was it, several days.”

Twilight’s ears perked up, “I am sorry, but did you said several days?”

“Yes Twilight, according to the reports, you and Pinkamena spend about several days isolated from outside world,” Princess Celestia pretended to shuffle the documents that Princess Twilight noticed were blank
“And those reports were?” She asked her, shuffling hooves on the floor

“Luna show her the letters.”

“I guess I could do that, ”Princess Luna shrugged off and then teleported a pile of letters next to Twilight.”At first, everypony just assumed that you are just being you, only when everypony suddenly’ figure out that you aren't coming out from the castle only then your friends decided to take action. If you want I can even retell its contents Dear Princess Celestia... she started of speaking of from memory.

Almost immediately Twilight interrupted her, “No, no, that wouldn’t be necessary. I think I‘ve already got the picture. Princess Celestia, please continue...”

“Very well then, once everything was settled… then...” Princess Celestia once again pretended to shuffle blank documents. “I think it's then Pinkamena Diane Pie run away in her own house and I quote… Well actually I completely forgot what she said back then, let's just move on.”

“Well that was awkward,” by now Scootaloo starting to get a bit tired, but still endured because when it would be the time to start her presentation she knew that it would be worth it because it's going to be awesome.

“Maybe just a little bit. Hey Twilight why does Princess Celestia keeps referring to me by my name?”

“She had to because of bureaucracy, I think she already got bored enough that she starts to slip up so much that she forgets to insert your own title,” She whispered back.

“I have a title? Oh, wait I guess I do huh, I just thought Princess Celestia was trying to be polite.”

Twilight Sparkle cringed, “No she isn’t, I mean she kind of had to, I mean….”

“That's okay Twilight just calm down, I am only joking around.”

“I guess!”

Princess Luna had been listening to the outright ridiculous exchange between Lady Pie and Princess Twilight Sparkle, a former student of Princess Celestia. She sighed, “I really hate my job right now. Maybe our advisors were correct, and maybe we do have too many Princesses.”

“Did you said something?” Asked her Prince Blueblood who had been standing next to her

“It's nothing, I just thought that maybe we have...

“...too many Princesses?” He finished saying for her.

“Yes, well about that, I think that maybe I would officially demote you to Duke. You don't mind do you?”

*No, certainly not, I think it's a wonderful idea.Why don’t we continue to pay attention to the presentation.”

Princess Luna thought about it,”Yeah we probably should, even if it's going to get even more ridiculous at some point.”

“I've got to say you’ve finally changed your behavior Mr. Blood.”

“Eh, wouldn't be the first time I tried to scare away the overeager mare who was trying to get in my pants.”

“And you sure that was wise?”

“Probably no, probably no, but hey because I managed to present myself as the most unpleasant jerk around, almost everypony forgot I even existed. Kind of neat actually to be able to vanish into thin air.”

He chuckled, “On another hoof, I suppose I should thank Princess Twilight for putting up with such an insufferable jerk like me.”

“I think that's the story for another day, don't you agree Mr. Blood?”

“My father was Mister Blood, I am just Blood, but yeah sure let's leave it for another day.”

Meanwhile, Princess Celestia continued doing her own thing, at least tried to do so “Alright right now we are almost at the final stage Prime Minister Fancy Pants is the information presented by Lady Pinkamena Diane Pie was to your satisfaction?”

“Well yes, I suppose it does, none of us are enjoying but it needs to be documented for bureaucratic purposes.”

Princess Cadence glanced at both of them “I can't believe it, this ass kissing is going to take forever Pinkie Pie please continue with your presentation.”

Pinkie Pie trotted two steps forward and smiled “Ladies and Gentlecolts, so from all of us from the Friendship council I would like to personally show you my ass,” she turned around and shows to all that was present her ass, at the same time Duke Blueblood smirked and Princess Luna rolled her eyes.
“Pinkie! No more jokes and no more distractions, this is a serious presentation that going to decide the next stage of your career!” Princess Twilight Sparkle wasn't really happy about that.

“What? I thought it was really funny!” Exclaimed Pinkie Pie. “Alright fine this is a real deal I present to you my craziest idea the biomechanical Alicorn tada, for the purposes to avoid legal scrutiny I state this right now we didn't choose this pony to represent The Alicorn Mark 1.0‘ because we want to demonstrate this piece of junk is completely safe to use, in fact, it's so safe that even the filly with the flight impairment can use it very well.

“That brings me to my other point, we didn’t choose this flight impaired filly, just because we feel sorry for her. The fact is that we choose her to specifically highlight the gear abilities. The fact is this little filly is very happy, she has a very active social life and one of her dreams was to receive a cutie mark, which she did eventually, not saying that she didn’t have any right too. It’s in the rights of every person inside of this nation to be whatever they want to be, Right okay good.”

Pinkie Pie paused,”So anyway as I was saying to avoid another political scrutiny this equipment should not be classified as an equipment of war, even though by effectively including it as the next big thing of armed forces we wouldn't appear weak to all others around us. Are you sure we don’t want to spread friendship by domination because of we kind of can?”

“No, no we do not,” quickly denied Princess Celestia, “We do not support the message of fear, supremacy and fascism, however, we are the worldwide empire based on trade friendship and happiness, we don’t want to provide anypony any reasons to demonize us, please continue.”

“Let's just agree to disagree that this gear is aimed for medical assistance, shall we?” Twilight smiled nervously.

“Exactly my point,” Pinkie Pie winked to Twilight, “That what I wanted to say next”.

“Just out of curiosity did you mentioned that this armor has combat abilities?” asked Princess Luna.

“Oh yes definitely, Scootaloo please provide the combat demonstration of Pulsar weapon systems.

“Sure thing,” nodded Scootaloo and then Twilight and Pinkie made sure that she had enough room to fire a projector beam weapon system known as Pulsar, a ten inch very thin horn attachment, so thin it was almost like a needle.

“Question?”

“Yeah!”

“I 've noticed that this horn has a very strange shape, however you are promoting it as medical equipment,” asked Fleur Dis Lee.

“I get what are you thinking, however, I assure you that the cough weapon system coughPulsar is a completely customizable piece of equipment.’” She then turned to Scootaloo and said to her, “Fire when ready.”

“Right, but at what?”

“Oh at that wall would probably be better, or maybe at the tree, what do you think Princess Celestia?”

“Well, I can repair a wall a lot quicker than I can regrow a tree, then again delivering new stones would probably take a time that depends thought if I can recover the debris. Pick a target at your discretion.”

“Very well then a tree would work for now. Fire a ten - twenty - thirty percent burst and then finish with one hundred and twenty percent blast.”

Almost immediately the three short pulses slammed against the wall on the castle grounds then after a short pause with the heavy whine, a powerful blast of energy slammed into the wall. The resulting explosion shook the ground.

Princess Celestia decided to ask a question, “Twilight tell me why such weapon was installed as part of the horn functionality?”

“I think I can explain that your highness, by studying natural abilities of Princess Twilight as well as her niece Princess Flurry Heart I’ve managed to determine the best course of action to include it as a feature of this magitech device and as you know Allcorns can be quite explosive.”

“Thank you Lady Pinkamena, I believe that would be all.”

Author's Note:

Only 6 days since my last story update,
let's see bringing back Duke Blue Blood --- check,
present the new technology to the Equestrian government --- check,
Princess Celestia is bored out of her mind --- check.

Yeah, I guess that's it, thank you, everyone, for enjoying this story.

Comments ( 1 )

He chuckled, “On another hoof, I suppose I should thank Princess Twilight for putting up with such an insufferable jerk like me.”

“I think that's the story for another day, don't you agree Mr. Blood?”

Would love to read it.

Login or register to comment