• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 917 Views, 13 Comments

MasterChef Special: Apples Versus Strawberries - FlutterDashFan18



Strawberry Sunrise is getting under Applejack's skin when she critizes apples. Applejack and Strawberry Sunrise then competes against each other on "Master Chef".

  • ...
 13
 917

Chapter 1: Apples Versus Strawberries

In the Master Chef kitchen, Gordon had a apple and strawberry fruit tart in the oven and decides to watch the latest episode of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic"while it's baking. Yes he is secretly a brony but doesn't want anyone to know because he thinks it will ruin his career and that everyone including his own family will make fun of him. On the T.V., there shows a Pegasus with red mane and yellow coat talking smack about apples

"Why are they having a petty fight over fruit? It's sad. The Strawberry pony sure does know how to get under ponies' skin. I wish that I can judge those two in a Master Chef battle to settle things. " Gordon said in a slightly annoyed tone. Suddenly, the television sucks him into the My Little Pony world.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT IN THE BLOODY WORLD IS GOING ON?!" Gordon yells as he gets zapped into the television. He gets formed into all sorts of weird shapes as he is traveling into another world. He then falls out of the air a few feet from the ground. He opens his eyes and begins to process everything that was in front of him.

"Where am I? Why are there ponies around? Don't tell me that I'm in Equestria?! Is this even logical? Am I dreaming?" Gordon asked as he uses a puddle that was in front of him. He looks at himself and screams in horror. He was a unicorn with a golden coat. He has a blonde mane and a blonde tail. He has green eyes and has a flame as a cutie mark.

"HOLY MOTHER OF! AM I A UNICORN!" he exclaimed. He then calms down when he sees two ponies arguing over something. One was an earth pony. She has a blonde mane and tail and has green eyes. On her flank was a cutie mark with three red apples. She also has a brown cowboy hat. The other was a yellow coated Pegasus with a curly strawberry red mane and tail. She has green eyes and a cutie mark that has three strawberries and a sun rising behind them. He recognized them from the episode he watched not so long ago. He then decides to trot up to them to see what was going on.

"How in tarnation do y'all think strawberries are better than strawberries?!" Applejack asked in anger.

"Because they are." Strawberry responded with attitude.

"If t you think they are better prove it. Ah challenge y'all to a bake off. We will make a pie. Mine will be apple related and yours will be strawberry related. We will get ponies to taste it and which ever dish they like better is going to be the tastier fruit." Applejack said.

"Sounds good but let's make a little bet on it shall we?" Strawberry asked with a devilish grin.

"Like what?" Applejack asked. Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice comes up.

"Excuse me ladies I can't help but overhear your little quarrel over which is the superior fruit and you two will be having a bake off." Gordon said.

"Um pardon me sir but who in tarnation are you?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah why are you snooping into people's conversation?" Strawberry said with slight anger.

"Excuse me but my name in Gordon Ramsey. Professional celebrity chef. I think that in order to solve this problem. I can judge you both to see which of the two fruits is superior." Gordon said.

"Pleasure to meet y'all. The name's Applejack." Applejack said tipping her cowgirl hat.

"My name is Strawberry Sunrise. Anyways about the bet, how about this. If you win, I'll say in front of everypony in Equestria that apples are better than strawberries and I will never eat another strawberry again and I'll assist you on the apple farm at Sweet Apple Acres for free. If I win, you have to say in front of everypony in Equestria that strawberries are better than apples and you have to close down Sweet Apple Acres forever and you have to assist me with my strawberry garden for free." Strawberry said.

"Fine! Bring it on!" Applejack yelled.

"Gordon along with some other ponies will judge." Strawberry said.

"It would be an honor. I'll get everything set. The competition will be tonight at eight o' clock." Gordon says.

"Deal." Both mares yelled looking at each other in anger. They both trotted away. Applejack then starts to have surprised suddenly realized what she had done. She just put Sweet Apple Acres in jeopardy. If she loses, she loses the family farm for good and there will be nothing she could do. She will ruin the family name and no apples ever.

"Landsakes! Applejack cursed.

"Did I just put the apple farm in danger? What did ah just get mahself into?" she asked her self.

At the competition

"Welcome everypony to the cooking competition, "Master Chef". I am the host and one of the judges for the show." Gordon announced.

"Ah cannot believe she put Sweet Apple Acres in danger." Applebloom said with a sad look on her face.

"Me either." Big Mac replied.

"Ah swear to Celestia if she doesn't win and gets Sweet Apple Acres closed down, Ah will-" she was stopped by Big Mac when he said,

"Now now, calm down granny." Big Mac said.

"Allow me to introduce you all to the judges. First off we have the princess of Friendship and one of Princess Celestias students, Princess Twilight Sparkle." Gordon said. Everyone cheers.

"Thank you everypony. It's an honor to be here." Twilight said with a smile.

"I sure hope they won't serve quesadillas. Their so cheesy." Twilight hoped with fear on her face followed by a gag.

"Our second judge is a fashion designer who is also the owner of Carosoul Boutique and has her own Boutique at Canterlot. Allow me to introduce you to Miss Rarity." Gordon said. Once again, everyone cheers.

"Why thank you all. Your too kind. Don't forget to get an outfit from me at Caresoul Boutique." Rarity said. Gordon rolled his eyes.

"Right. Our third judge is going to be a major representative of the fashion world in Canterlot. Ladies and gentlecolts, Mr. Hoity Troity." Gordon said as the ponies in the audience applauses and cheers.

"Pleasure to be here." He said.

"Our last three judges will be ponies who are bakers from Sugarcube Corner. Allow me to introduce to you, Carrot Cake, Cupcake, and Pinkie Pie."

"Hi Mom! Hi Dad! Hi Maud! Hi Limestone! Hi Marble! Hi Cheese Sandwich! Hope you guys are watching me!" Pinkie Pie said enthusiasticly in front of the camera since this will be broadcasted all over.

"Thanks for having us." The couple said.

"Now let's move on to the contestants. Our first contestant is a Pegasus who loves strawberries. Please give it up for Strawberry Sunrise." Gordon says. Everyone cheers.

"Boooo!" Rainbow Dash, Applebloom, and Granny Smith yelled from the audience.

Strawberry Sunrise comes out wearing a white chef coat with her name written in red uppercase letters.

"Our second contestant is a pony who loves apples and works a family business on an apple farm called Sweet Apple Acres, give it up for Applejack." Gordon announced. Everyone cheers.

"Whoooo go Applejack! Win this for the Apple cider!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"That's are sis!" Big Mac and AppleBloom cheered.

"Y'all better win this!" Granny Smith yelled.

Applejack had a look of nervousness on her face from all the pressure on her face as she trots up next to Strawberry.

"Now. For this challenge, you both will be making." Gordon says as he uses magic to lift the lid off the plater.

"Pie." He says as he shows a pie on a tray.

"You both can get everthing you guys need to make your guys pies. You've got one hour starting now." He said as the timer stated. They two dashed into the pantry getting their supplies and in the pantry and begins the process. Applejack put her stuff down and adds the flour, eggs, milk, and butter and mixes them together. She puts it in a pie tin and bakes it in the oven. She waits while the crust bakes and takes it out. She begins chopping and putting the apples into the crust and puts it into to the oven. A while later, she takes it out and hears,

"One minute to go!" Gordon says.

They put the finishing touches on the pies while hearing,

" Five! Four! Three! Two! One! Hooves in the air!" Everyone shouted.

" Please bring the pies forward." Gordon commended. They brought the pies down. Strawberry had a smug look on her face while Applejack halted at her.

"Right. Strawberry Sunrise. What did you make us today?" Gordon asked.

"Today I made a strawberry Rubarb pie." Strawberry Sunrise said. Gordon then cuts the pie using his magic and makes a crunching sound as it cuts. It was a beautiful slice of pie.

"This looks beautiful and I had good texture." he says. He then takes a bite out of the pie. He smiles and says,

"Wow this is delicious. Good texture, good flavor. I love it." Gordon says. The other judges took a bite out of it.

"I like it. This is so good." Twlight said.

"How lovely." Rarity says.

"Incredble. Most magnificent pie I had." Hoity said with enthusiasm.

"Super yummy." Pinkie said with enthusiasm. She put the whole pie down in one go.

"Best pie I've tasted." Mr Cake said.

"I agree." Mrs Cake said.

"Thank you." Strawberry said with condfidence. The croud cheers while Applejacks face boils. She had thoughts in her head.

In her thoughts

" This pie in raw! Absolute rubbish!" Gordon yelled.

"And I thought quesadillas were horrible but this takes the cake. Just for that, I am kicking you out of the elements of harmony and you are no longer an element." Twilight said.

"This is absolutely dreadful."

"This is one of the ugliest pies I've ever seen oh for shame." Hoity said sticking his muzzle up in the air turning away. Pinkie, Mr and Mrs Cake threw up.

"Ha! Say goodbye to the farm." Strawberry says using a wrecking ball destroying the farm. Suddenly, the entire Apple family came up with angry and disappointed looks on their faces. Granny Smith said,

"Thanks a lot Applejack. You soiled are good name and just for that, you are no longer an apple."

"Nooooooooo!" Applejack yelled with tears in her eyes.

Back to reality,

Applejack snaps out of it.

"Applejack. What did you make?"

"Ah made an apple pie with with cinnamon." Applejack said. Gordon cuts a slice and tastes the pie.

"It's very scrumptious. The pie it's almost glazed. I like how the different types of apples mix in harmony." Gordon says. The other judges tasted the pie and they said,

"This is amazing." Twilight said. She gobbles the whole slice up.

"Simply lovely." Rarity said.

"Spectacular." Hoity said raising his hoof in the air.

"Super duper good!" Pinkie shouted bouncing out of her seat. Mr and Mrs Cake were enjoying it so much that they are too busy to talk which shows they like it.

"Wow. This is going to be very close." Gordon says. He along with the other judges trotted to a sound proof room. A few minutes later, they all came out. Gordon says while Applejack is sweating. Ponies were on the edge of their seats. Rainbow was biting her hoof nails while Applebloom covered her eyes and said,

"I can't watch. Tell me when it's over."

" It was very close but the winner who just have the slight edge is. Congratulations...."

Too be continued

Author's Note:

This is my first fanfic so this isn't my best work. It's not the collaborative one. (it won't come out til later since it's a chapter story). It's just something that just came out of the top of my head. I got inspired with the scene with Strawberry Sunrise criticizing apples in Season 7 episode 9 "Honest Apple", the image on derpibooru which I am using as the cover, and one of my favorite shows "Master Chef" and thought that this would be a great mix for my first fanfic.

Anyways who do you think should win? Let me know in the comment section below.

I do not own Master Chef or My Little Pony Friendship is magic

links to cover: https://derpibooru.org/1458767?q=strawberry+sunrise

https://calenita.deviantart.com/art/A-Delicious-Decision-685729757