• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,237 Views, 39 Comments

Imitation - FlashFoward



Spike tries to get the perfect gift for Octavia

  • ...
0
 39
 2,237

Patched Up

Death isn’t that bad. Heck, Noble considered the total darkness around him rather calming. He could hear faint voices and sounds, but not enough to identify a proper source. The lack of pain in his limbs also was a pleasant experience. However, the atmosphere of peace was interrupted by a strong surge of pain running down his hoofs. Noble jerked his eyes open and saw the familiar yellow Pegasus standing over him. She looked startled, probably from Noble suddenly waking up.

“I hope I didn’t hurt you.” The Pegasus said in a barely audible whisper.

“No, I’m fine. A little sore, but that can’t be helped.” Noble replied, trying his best to smile at the kind mare.

“I’ll need to grab more bandages. Try not to move while I go get some.” The mare warned before trotting off to another section of the cottage.

“I can barely move my legs at this point. Moving is not an option for me.” Noble muttered, gesturing to his heavily bandaged legs.

Noble looked around his surroundings for a bit. This was a rather relaxing place, it’s like the room just emitted a positive vibe. Perhaps it was the mare who gave this place such a comfy feel. The mare had left him on a couch, which was rather plush. There was one thing that was nagging him though, the mare looked awfully familiar. A series of hoof steps could be heard getting closer and Noble wasn’t sure if she was going to interrogate him.

“What’s your name?” The mare asked, wrapping the last of his hoof.

Not a soul ever cared for his name before. If anything, a pony would threaten him for being what he was. “Noble is my name. What’s yours?”

“Fluttershy is my name.” The mare answered, hiding behind her mane as she spoke.

“Thank you for treating me Fluttershy.” Noble noticed how Fluttershy’s face looked a little panicky. “You’re scared of what I am, aren’t you?” Noble demanded a little viciously.

“What, no, I think you’re different from the rest of them.” Fluttershy spoke in a determined voice.

Noble was reminded of what Kemp always thought of him. Being different for not wanting to use the power of love for his own fancy, it was all for the Hive in his mind. His name went perfectly along with his ideals, doing things not for his own agenda but for the betterment of others.

“I’ve been told.” Noble replied, a faint grin forming on his lips.

The front door of the cottage opened suddenly and there stood a mare with a rainbow colored mane. Noble wasn’t sure if the mare was shocked to see him there or angry about his presence. Sure enough she lunged at him, knocking the couch over along with them. Noble’s back had to endure the fall for the both of them. The feeling of pain that overcame him was so ferocious that his vision became blurred and Noble wanted nothing more than to scream in agony, if the mare hadn’t shoved her hoof over his face anyway.

“What are you doing here you little creep?” The mare demanded.

“Rainbow, you’re hurting him!” Fluttershy wailed.

“Then I’ll hurt him some more if he doesn’t explain himself!” The mare raised her hoof from Noble’s face, readying to stomp on his face again.

“I was brought here because of Fluttershy.” Noble managed to say.

“You’re lying!” Rainbow nearly stomped on Noble again, but was pushed off by Fluttershy.

“It’s true what he’s saying!” Fluttershy yelled. Her usual meek tone replaced with a one of anger.

“You’re kidding, right? Look at what the changelings are doing outside Fluttershy!” Rainbow regained her composure and stared disbelievingly at Fluttershy.

“He’s…different.” Fluttershy replied, returning to her soft composure.

“Rainbow, what are you doing?” Applejack asked, trotting in and leading her group of friends in the cottage.

It didn’t take long for Applejack to gather up what Rainbow was standing on. In a wink of an eye, Applejack hogtied Noble. Twilight had encased him in an enchanted bubble to further reduce chances of him escaping.

“What are you doing here?” Twilight demanded, giving Noble her sternest glare.

“What part of Fluttershy bringing me in here don’t you understand?” Noble replied calmly, obviously not fazed by Twilight.

Twilight’s horn sparked violently and Noble could feel the bubble he was in get tighter. She was trying to scare him into telling the truth, which he had already done.

“Go ahead, I failed enough today.” Noble muttered, eyeing the bubble lazily.

“What do you mean by that?” Twilight asked, allowing the bubble to offer more comfort for Noble.

“I overthrew Chrysalis but my new found power was short lived.” Noble replied, trying his best not to remember how Wick bested him.

“So there’s a new King for the changelings?” Pinkie asked, bouncing over to Noble’s bubble.

“Indeed there is. He is determined to make himself more powerful so that not even the princesses themselves can stop him.” Noble explained.

“Come on girls, we have to get the Elements of-.” Twilight started to run out of the house but was interrupted by Noble’s cackling. “What’s so funny?” Twilight snapped impatiently.

“My dear, may I ask you something? Which is more powerful, love or friendship?” Noble asked.

“Well…” Twilight muttered thoughtfully.

“See? You have no clue. Personally thinking, the Elements would only work well if he only had a hold on one couple’s love. There’s no doubt in my mind though he is out for more.” Noble said, tapping the bubble to see if he can get through it.

“How do we stop him then?” Twilight asked, fear evident in her voice.

“I like how upset you get when not even the Elements or the princesses can stop this madness.” Noble muttered, barely stifling a chuckle.

“Just tell us already! We don’t have much time!” Applejack yelled impatiently.

“Fine, you’re only hope is to cut off his connections with the supply of love that he is feeding off of. Same like when Shining Armor snapped out of Chrysalis spell.” Noble instructed.

“Where do we even start looking for Spike and Octavia? I haven’t seen them since the party.” Pinkie interjected, eyeing Noble with a rather serious face.

“Everfree Forest is the place you want to head out to. Be warned though, the changelings have made a temporary Hive there. Expect us to be running around in Everfree Forest more than anywhere else.” Noble explained.

“Any other tips you can give us?” Rainbow asked.

Noble wanted nothing more than to tell Rainbow off for attacking him. Still, they had a much better chance of getting rid of Wick then he did.

“The Hive is underneath a very large black tree in the forest. You really can’t miss it because it’s in a clearing and stands tall over the rest of the trees in there. As for a location, I recall Wick saying to throw Octavia in the dungeons for the meantime. There’s a good chance Spike might be there…that is if the guards hadn’t decided to do away with him.” Noble muttered, trying not to think that Spike has already been used as grub.

“What might the guards do to him? Twilight demanded, slamming her hooves on Noble’s bubble. She looked utterly terrified and Noble felt pity for her.

“Give him to the young…to eat.” Noble finally responded after a long silence.

Twilight broke into a fit of tears, Noble’s bubble evaporated and Noble crashed to the ground. Even trying to stand was not possible, due to his legs being hogtied together. Chrysalis was right he would have the same fate as her, weak and pretty much powerless to do anything.

“Why did you overtake Chrysalis anyway?” Applejack asked, undoing the ties on Noble.

“Well, I felt she started to care more about herself then the sake of the Hive. Things were getting bad and I wanted to do something about it.” Noble replied, smiling in relief once Applejack got him loose.

“That’s why you guys started to-.”

“Yes.” Noble cut Applejack quickly. He didn’t want to think about the sounds that haunted him at night.

Once Noble managed to stand upright, Rainbow gave him a dirty look. He could care less what she thought of him though, many ponies acted like she did anyway.

“Are you sure you can move well?” Fluttershy asked, looking at Noble with deep concern.

“I should be fine. I really can’t thank you enough Fluttershy.” Noble replied, bowing slightly to Fluttershy as he spoke.

Fluttershy could only blush a little and hide behind her mane again. Noble couldn’t really say it, maybe not even to himself, but he felt a deep gush of gratitude and affection to Fluttershy. Once Rarity calmed down Twilight, they started to file out of the cottage. Fluttershy was at the end of the pack and lingered back with Noble a bit.

“Are you coming?” Fluttershy asked in her usual whisper.

“I guess. I can walk again and there isn’t much else I can do.” Noble muttered thoughtfully.

Fluttershy left Noble alone and followed her friends. An empty feeling started to overcome Noble’s heart. The warm feeling the cottage was still in the air, but something was missing. Suddenly, Noble felt a violent thumping on his hoof. Noble was surprised to see that a bunny was the one thumping his leg. When Noble gave the bunnies his attention though, it gestured him to the door.

“You want me to leave?” Noble muttered trying to understand the message the bunny was trying to convey to him.

The bunny replied with another gesture to the door but also pointed at the silhouette of Fluttershy near the hills now.

“Oh.”

Without much hesitation, Noble trotted after Fluttershy to the best of his ability. His leg was screaming in agony, but he pushed on. The bunny watched Noble’s valiant struggle with a look of approval.

Comments ( 7 )

I have only two problems.1: I'm seeing squares.2:This new chapter didn't showed up on my favorites.

1004763
Seems like I added a space to many, so this might be the cause of squares. As for the chapter not showing on faves, the problem could be from me submitting the chapter but forgetting to publish it right away. :facehoof: Not one of my better days.

Riz

937592

Hey could you clear my mind. What happen to the real Spike ?

1009455
The real Spike is being contained in the Hive's dungeons. The next chapter will involve a escape plan for Spike and somepony else. Whether he pulls it off or not is not something I will say.

well, this story is pretty much done for

Is the next chapter coming, or is it dead?

Plsdont be dead💀

Login or register to comment