• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 2,237 Views, 39 Comments

Imitation - FlashFoward



Spike tries to get the perfect gift for Octavia

  • ...
0
 39
 2,237

A Fall From Grace

“Wick, what are you doing?” Spike eyed another copy of himself standing near Octavia.

“What am I doing here? I’m here to take the Queen’s power.” Wick simply replied.

“You’re too late for that, I beat you to it.” Spike puffed out his chest proudly.

“No, the Queen’s shell is gone. But the power she possessed lives on, in you to be exact.” Wick muttered, walking circles around Spike now.

“Quit playing games Wick.” Spike snapped angrily.

“This is no game Tony. I’m here to take the reins from you.” Wick replied, whispering evilly into Spike’s ear.

It took a moment for things to click together for Tony. “You were the one?” Spike’s mouth nearly fell to the ground in shock.

“Yes! I’m the traitor that every single changeling grew paranoid about!” Wick revealed, laughing at the silly face of Tony’s.

“You betrayed the Hive…You betrayed your own flesh and blood Wick!” Spike yelled, glaring daggers at Wick.

Wick cringed slightly at the mention of his brother. “He figured it out I wanted the power for myself. If I didn’t stop him, he would have told you and just about everypony. So I took him out of the equation.” Wick muttered, great sorrow eating away at his tone.

“You told the guards off, didn’t you?” Spike accused Wick.

“I did. I figured the guards could do the thing I would never do to my own brother.” Wick replied, regaining some confidence now.

“Have him be eaten alive.” Spike didn’t want to sugar coat the fact. Kemp hated doing that.

“That was the first time I relished the sound of the tearing.” Wick’s mind wandered back to hearing the scream of his brother as the young did away with him.

“You’re a monster! I’ll make you pay!” Spike shot a beam of green energy at Wick.

Surprisingly, Wick shot back a beam of his own to counter Spike’s. The beams collided together and showed no signs of moving. They were evenly matched.

“How in the world did you get the power?” Spike asked, doing a poor job of hiding the fear in his voice.

“You left Octavia back at the party. It was pretty easy to leach some energy off her for myself. Seems not even you can plan for everything.” Wick answered.

Of course, leave the thing supplying you with power unattended. That was just begging for problems.

“So you’re telling me that the both of us are taking advantage of the power of love in her?” Spike asked, wanting to make sure the problem that he as facing.

“That’s pretty much the case. I sapped out a Twilight Sparkle as well, for an extra precaution. Lawrence was just too easy to take advantage of.” Wick chuckled, his face assuming the form of Lawrence.

“You really thought ahead, didn’t you? Sad to say, their relationship is pretty much useless!” Spike yelled in triumph, the beam finally pushing its way toward Wick.

“What do you mean? Twilight and Lawrence were just falling for each other!” Wick snapped impatiently, trying to stomp out any doubt.

“They were, until Lawrence showed who he really was.” Spike replied, his grin growing even larger by the look of terror on Wick’s face.

“You’re kidding! Lawrence tried to protect her before I brainwashed her!” Wick yelled shrilly.

“He might have had a thing for her, but she wasn’t feeling the same for sure. Perhaps you should have brainwashed Lawrence?” Spike suggested happily.

“I can still beat you!” Wick replied, trying to put all his focus into pushing the beam back at Spike.

“No you can’t.”

Wick’s eyes flashed green and so did Octavia’s. Spike could feel himself getting drained. It seemed like Wick had taken further control of Octavia’s feelings of love for himself. The beam start to creep closer to Spike’s claw now. Just when he had gotten so close, Wick was right there to run him over.

With a powerful surge, Wick pushed the beam right back into Spike. The beam wrapped around him and consumed him completely. With a blinding green light, Spike was flat on his back and covered in soot. Octavia had collapsed to the ground and Wick had she made her float a bit, to make the impact less painful for her. Seems having your feelings for love being abused wasn’t healthy, Octavia looked slightly pale.

“You lose again, Noble.” Wick whispered into Spike’s ear.

A pair of heavily armored changelings entered the room, looking around the mess in the room with mild confusion. Wick had
to admit, the scene was just odd. Scorch marks were all over the place and there was a passed out mare on the ground. If anything, who wouldn’t be taken aback by the scene?

“Where is the Queen?” One of the guards demanded, stepping closer to Wick.

“The Queen has been overthrown. You’re looking at your new King.” Wick answered calmly.

The guard’s eye’s opened up in surprise, but still bowed to Wick anyway. “What is needed, King..um.” One of the guards started unsurely up at Wick.

“Wick is my real name. The community will address me as Tony though.” Spike explained. “As for a command, one of you keeps an eye on the mare. Last thing I need is for her to break from the influence I have on her. Secondly, alert the others to gather up lovers and bring them to the dungeons. One last thing, take him to the dungeons.”

The guards have a last bow before disbanding to their duties. One of the guards stood close by Octavia and hoisted her on his back.

“Where do you want her?” The guard asked.

“I plan on returning to the surface. Just prop her in the dungeons for now. She could keep Noble here some company.” Spike ordered.

The guard nodded and left the room, with Octavia still draped over his back and dragging Spike by the end of his tail. Wick waited until the guard left the room to shed himself of his tedious disguise. With a burst of flames, Wick shed Spike’s skin off himself and let it fall to the ground. The rainbow diamond crown was left abandoned on the floor, probably blown off Noble’s head when the explosion went off. Wick placed the crown on his face and summoned a mirror to examine his reflection. With a simple approving nod, Wick took place on Chrysalis former throne.

“It’s good to be the King.” Wick chuckled happily.


The guard had been dragging Noble’s body and carrying Octavia on his back for a while. He ended up leaving Noble in the middle of the tunnels since Octavia was starting to become a challenge to carry. Octavia would be dropped off first and the guard decided he would return for Noble later. As the guard walked away, Noble started to stir a little. Not enough to make the guard turn around, but enough to get his face off the ground.

Once the guard was out of sight, Noble got up slowly and staggered his way out of the Hive. No doubt would Wick even consider letting him live if he got caught. Noble managed to crawl his way outside, away from the Hive now. He wasn’t sure where to go now. Octavia was under his full control now; Noble barely had enough energy to walk, let alone trying to keep his hold on her power of love. The Hive was a death sentence just waiting to happen. Noble held his head up and saw the raging swarm lingering above Ponyville.

Perhaps Ponyville would be the best place to camp out. At least there, there was a better chance of living. Noble slowly crawled his way to Ponyville, but was stopped by a yellow Pegasus. She looked familiar and a look of concern was on her face. Great, she was going to step on him like the bug he was.

Surprisingly, the mare didn’t make a movement to step on him. She spoke, but Noble could barely make out what she said. Seemed like that explosion earlier cut off his hearing for a bit. Might explain why he didn’t hear her approaching him. The last thing Noble saw before he blacked out was the concerned face of the mare turning into the one of panic.