• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 334 Views, 2 Comments

Devil's curse - Minibron3



There is a lore that tells the tale of a strange mare, one that lives deep in the Everfree Forest. She isn't a pony, no, but just like a pony, she too wants to be loved. Too bad he just fell for her.

  • ...
 2
 334

Dare

Author's Note:

Hi! So this is my first fan fiction, so do take it lightly on commenting?
A little backstory about this drawing: I was listening to "Dance with the devil" by Breaking Benjamin and I started drawing in a notebook and the cover art for the fan fiction was born. Then I thought to myself, "what if I could turn this into a fan fiction?" and so here it is, "Devil's curse".
I hope to update it at least once a week, but will try do do it more often that that.
Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy reading this.
Brony up!

He's been thinking of this for a while now. He wants to do this, but he should really listen to Granny more as well, she's done everything for him and Applejack. After ma and pa died... she was all the family they could rely on. The rest of the family was there too for a while but they had their own orchards to return to. So it fell on her, a grieving mare over her husband and, now, son too, to run the orchard. And Big Mac couldn't be more grateful for that.

He was only 9 when it happened. Applejack was 5. What he remembers of his parents is mostly vague. He does remember his mother's eyes, the bright blue sparking up his night when he's uneasy. But the one thing he'll never forget is her voice. So sweet and calming, it sang the most beautiful of lullabies. She sang to him for a long time, deep into the night until he would fall asleep in her embrace.

His father he remembers as a wise and strict stallion, but still full of love for his family. The lessons his father taught him made Macintosh the colt he is today. Many wise words and thoughtful advices led him on the path he walks today.

He didn't really feel anything for a long time after the accident. No sadness, no fear, no anger, no... nothing, just this emptiness that he knew will never be full again. He couldn't allow himself the pleasure of relief. It was all his fault, the trip, the detour, the accident. His parents are dead because of him. He wanted to go to the falls, he wanted to get there quicker and take the detour, he wanted to be a big colt and help his pa with the rescue that led to his parents falling of the cliff and...

The thought caught up in his throat and he sobbed. Shaking his head, he wipes the oncoming tears. He can't cry. "Only wee colts cry, Macintosh. You no longer are a wee colt." his father's words linger in his head for a while.

It has been years. What happened has happened. It's the past and there is nothing he could do about it. What he could do is accept it and live with the consequences of his past actions. If that means he has to live the constant feel of remorse and regret that has him wishing his body was as dead as his soul.

He waits for the clock to hit midnight. The still summer air was heavy in his room. Only sound breaking it is his trembeling breath and pounding heart. Those last few minutes had it pounding so hard he thought it might pound right out of his chest. He's never disobeyed Granny, or anyone else like this ever before. He was always the "golden colt" of the family and class. Always making his bed in the morning, always writing his homework on time and always listening to whatever the adult ponies have to say. Well behaved and mannered... he was a wuss. At least that's what all the other colts said.

" Ahahaha, look at Big Mac, always listening to the teacher." one said.

"You are such a big suck-up, you know that?" another one replied.

"Makes me wonder why they named you Big Macintosh."yet another said.

"No! No I'm not!" he tried to defend himself "I-I'll show ya'll! I'll go into the Everfree Forest myself. At midnight!"

The sentence left them all speechless.

"Ha! Yeah riight." said Rocky Dare. He was the mayor's son, and the biggest bully Big Mac has ever seen "Like you have the guts to do it." he said with a content smirk.

"I do and I will" said Mac with new found confidence in his voice.

"Then do it."

"Dare accepted" Big Macintosh said and everyone went quiet once again.Rocky Dare was surprised to say the least. After a long pause he finally spoke, breaking the silence.

"Very well. We'll see you tomorrow at midnight then. Unless you chicken up and cancel, of course." Rocky said trotting away.

"I wont." Macintosh said simply.

"Macintosh... why for Celestia's sake would you agree to something like that?" Lollipop asked. She was Mac's best, and only friend "You know it wont turn out good, you'll only get into trouble with Granny."

"I can't stand them teasing us anymore Lollipop. This will show them. The Forest is just past my family's orchard, I'll be in and out in an hour, Granny will never know." he said "Don't worry. I'll be extra careful because of you."

And that was how he got himself into this mess. Oh, why did he even speak up? Why couldn't he just stay silent like he has for all these years? But how could he not say something? This was his pride they were insulting.

"A stallions pride is the most valuable thing he owns, and his mare's honor the most valuable thing he must keep"

His father's words echoed thru his head as the clock hid midnight. This is it, no turning back now.

He hears a pony impersonation a cow very poorly and pops his head thru the open window shaft. The late summer's night is warm and damp, a scent of apples carried by the wind creates an intoxicating atmosphere. The moon is high in the clear night sky, casting the land in silver and blue tones. He sighed at the beauty of the night.

"Hey Macintosh, done stargazing?" comes a mocking voice from below the window. He just shakes Rocky's insults and slides down the gutter. "Ready Macintosh?" he asks.

"Born ready."

"Let's go then." he says, handing him a rucksack "Lead away."

He slowly start trotting towards a row of apple trees nearby. The others follow close behind. He could hear them passing of comments and insults behind him bud he really didn't care. What he is about to do, it will make them shut up about everything. It's against everything he's ever been told and his own morals, but it's worth it. They made quick progress across the orchard and soon enough, they're in front if the infamous Everfree Forest.

Comments ( 2 )

The cover image makes me think of Alucard played by Flutterbat from that one SFM video, yet it perplexes me that Fluttershy isn't listed as a featured character; she even looks like she's shouting at prospective readers "HEY KIDS, WANNA SEE A DEAD BODY?!"

8550806
Well I did have her in mind when I started writing, but switched her with an OC of mine instead. They look so much alike 'cause I scetched it out before changing my mind. The OC, Muddy Mane, has a similar desing to Flutterbat, but different colours (you can't see it because of the effects).
Hope this clears it up (:

Login or register to comment