• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 8,144 Views, 39 Comments

Sunset Shimmer Please Come Home - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sunset Shimmer ranway, and now her friends are doing what they can to bring her home

  • ...
21
 39
 8,144

Chapter 8: The Search Continues

Back at Applejack's house, a few days later:

The girls still haven't heard anything about Sunset Shimmer's whereabouts. They are beginning to worry if something had happened to her.

"Anything yet?" Applejack asks.

"No nothing," Rainbow Dash replies.

"What now?" Rarity asks.

"I have no idea," Rainbow Dash replies sadly.

"Yeah, it's bad enough that we're technically to blame for this whole mess," Applejack replies.

"I think we should put up more posters," Fluttershy suggests.

"Well, let's go check the news to see if our plan has any progress," Rainbow Dash says as she grabs the remote to turn on the TV to watch the news.

They end up seeing something that amazes them.

"Today's news from Manehatten: Two jewelry and clothesline robbers had been caught 5 days ago by two brave kids and a pig," the newsgirl says.

"Wow that's cool, I wonder who caught them?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"The two kids who caught them are a girl named Sunset Shimmer and a boy named Jingle along with his pet pig named Herbert," the newsgirl replies.

"Did she say Sunset Shimmer?" Pinkie Pie asks.

"We now will show you the video footage of the award ceremony that was shown 3 days ago," the newsgirl says, and when she finishes speaking the footage of the ceremony comes up on TV.

To the girls' surprise they see Sunset Shimmer on stage in the footage.

"It is Sunset Shimmer!" Rainbow Dash shouts.

"Well, I'll be…" Applejack replies with a cowgirl twang.

"Wow, Sunset Shimmer is like a hero," Rarity replies.

They decide to sit down and listen to the footage. The footage explains that Sunset Shimmer suspects that Ms. Glimmer and her assistant wanted to buy all the fabric in town but couldn't get any. She also explains that their plan is to pass the real jewel as accessories for the designs. That way, they can get the jewels out of Manehatten right from under everyone's noses. The owner of the jewelry store gives each of them five thousand dollars. Then Radiance and Gold Silk give each of them some clothes from their line from the contest and from their new inspiration. Finally, the mayor of Manehatten gives them a certificate of bravery for capturing the robbers. Sunset Shimmer and Jingle also explain that they are traveling to different cities for their own purposes, and they are also given some supplies and food for their travels.

After the news report ends the girls are relieved that Sunset Shimmer is alright, and become more determined to find her.

"Now that we know she's still out there, let's go to Manehatten," Pinkie replies.

"Pinkie wait, Sunset Shimmer might already left by this time," Rarity interjects.

"Oh," Pinkie Pie replies sadly.

"Well looks like we got more posters to put up," Applejack says.

"Yeah!" The girls shout.

Author's Note:

Another short chapter.