• Published 4th Jun 2018
  • 3,432 Views, 65 Comments

Queen of the Empire - Cardinal Dan Productions



Chrysalis finds something old, lost, and abandoned, a great place to start a new hive.

  • ...
9
 65
 3,432

Part 12: Plots, Plans, and Schemes

Everyone huddled around the magic map, ponies, Jedi, and imperials alike. Thrawn strokes his chin thoughtfully as his eyes darted around the landscape displayed before him. “Fascinating...”

Ezra joined the admiral by the table, followed closely by Chrysalis. The changeling frowned as she peered at the map. “I don’t see the star destroyer anywhere. How are we supposed to know where Cavi is and where he’s going?”

Thrawn pointed towards the border between Equestria and the Crystal Empire. “Cavi has retreated to the Frozen North briefly to ensure we cannot follow him. A destroyer of that size genorates a lot of heat from its main reactor. You can see the distortion on the map here.”

Twilight saw what Thrawn was referring too, a shimmer on the map that normally wouldn’t be there. “Something big is out there...”

The blue admiral nodded his head. “That is Cavi. As for where he is going, this is something we already know.” Thrawn’s hand then shifted to the thicket adjacent to Ponyville, the Everfree Forest. “Just before we crashed in the Frozen North, we picked up an incredible energy signature coming from somewhere in this forest. Cavi will seek out the source of this energy to fully power the Chimera and be able to reach any Imperial ship with its long-range transmitters.”

Twilight and Chrysalis shared a worried glance, both coming to the same conclusion in their minds. The changeling cleared her throat and stepped forward. “I... I believe I know what he is after...”

Twilight nodded in agreement with her. “It’s the Tree of Harmony, it has to be. It’s the source of all power in Equestria, keeping the world balanced and free from chaos.”

Thrawn and his death trooper looked at each other. They knew stopping Cavi was more important than ever now, but they were facing impossible odds. “This... Tree of Harmony has to be kept safe, then, whatever the cost. Stopping the Chimera won’t be an easy task as long as Cavi is in control, however.”

As of on que, a very annoying voice cleared his throat, causing everyone to turn in sync. “Did I hear somepony mention chaos? I could have sworn I overheard something along those lines while I was evesdropong on your plan.”

Twilight looked relieved. “Discord... I hope you’re here to help.”

The lord of mischief laughed cheekily and raised his mismatched arms to remove a hat that wasn’t in his head a moment ago. “Indeed, Princess Sparkle, and I hope you don’t mind that I brought a few others with me.”

Entering the room behind him was all of her friends: Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Starlight Glimmer. The orange pony stepped forward first. “Whatever you need to do, hon, you can count on us to get it done.”

Chrysalis beamed from ear to ear. She was liking their odds a little better, now, knowing the power and capabilities of the elements of harmony that had bested her firsthoof several times before.

Thrawn gestured for everyone to gather around the map. “We have two objectives ahead of us. First, we must ensure that the source of power Cavi seeks is protected.” He looked at Twilight. “Princess, you know the forest better than anyone here, you take your friends to the tree with Lancer and stop any Imperial forces that try to reach the tree.”

Twilight nodded and pursed her lips. “We should make sure nopony else gets hurt by the destroyer.”

Then, she looked at the agent of chaos to her left. “Discord, can you take everypony in Ponyville to your home? They should be out of harms way there.”

Discord snapped his talons without hesitation. “Done, your highness. Do you require anything else?”

Thrawn raised an eyebrow. “I don’t suppose you could bring back my star destroyer, could you?”

Discord shook his head.

“Nope. I’m afraid not. You see, even my power has limits, and that flying slice of pizza is too large and too far away. The best I can do is get you on this ship, but once I do, you’re on your own.”

Ezra nudged Thrawn’s arm with his elbow. “Hey, I’ve got a few thermal detonators left. If this guy can get us in, we can blow the main reactor and worry about getting out later.”

Chrysalis pulled the Jedi aside. “Ezra, that ship might be your only chance to go home... We can’t destroy it...”

She could see a sad look in his eyes, just barely masked by a forced smile. “Stopping Cavi is more important, right now. Besides...” He placed a gentle hand on her neck, just below her tattered mane. “I’ll need a changeling to watch my back to make sure I don’t get caught this time.”

Chrysalis’s breath shortened at his touch, and her eyes closed, completely unaware that others around the map were watching her. “Ezra, I don’t...”

She wanted to say more. Everything in her chest was building up, and she needed a way to let it out, but Thrawn spoke again, and the chance was lost. “It is settled, then. While Princess Twilight and Lancer defend the tree, I shall take Ezra and Chrysalis to bring down the star destroyer.”

Lancer circled the table, passing out small communicators to all of the ponies. “Here... These will help us keep in touch. Keep them close at all times.”

Twilight turned to Discord. “You’ll keep everypony safe, right?”

He nodded in response, holding a paw over his chest as though he were taking an oath. “You have my word, princess. In fact, I’m on my way home now to see that everypony is comfortable and... well adjusted to the chaotic void.”

Satisfied with his answer, Twilight turned to Thrawn, Ezra, and Chrysalis. “I guess this is goodbye, then. Chrysalis...” The changeling’s ears perked up at the mention of her name, and her gaze met Twilight’s. “... try to come back, all of you.”

Chrysalis looked down to see a purple hoof outstretched. She raised her own hoof cautiously, but touched it to Twilight’s. The two had a brief moment of silence before Discord clapped his paws together twice to get their attention. “Remember, Mister Thrawn, this is a one way trip, so do whatever you need to do in a hurry. I suggest you hold onto something.”

Thrawn and Ezra stood close, and Ezra put an arm around Chrysalis’ back. “We’re ready, Discord.”

With that being said, everypony watched as he snapped his claws once again, and in an instant, they were gone.

***Forest Fire Fight***