• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 1,334 Views, 48 Comments

Dystopia: Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have taken over Equestria and the nation is in ruins.

  • ...
16
 48
 1,334

Chapter 5-A Mad Brother

A few days later, Star Streak returns to the cell and tries to talk to Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon once again. "Hello sisters," says Star Streak.

"Hello, Star Eyes," reply the sisters.

"Don't call me that, please," shouts Star Streak. "What happened to the nice sisters I used to know? What happened to Celestia and Luna?" he continues to shout as tears flow out from his eyes. "Why turn on the ponies you swore to protect? Why abandon your own brother? Your own mother and father? Why keep the truth from us? Why didn't you tell us you were going to rule a kingdom called Equestria? Why destroy that same kingdom now? Why? Why?" He slams his hoof into their cell. "Why? Just why?"

"You wouldn't understand if I told you," replies Daybreaker.

"Tell me!" screams Star Streak. "I demand you tell me right now!"

Daybreaker then begins to explain everything to Star Streak which takes several hours. After six hours of explanation, Daybreaker finally returns back to her silent state. "Wow," replies Star Streak, "I never thought...I never knew..."

"Yeah, because we purposely kept the secret from you," replies Nightmare Moon.

"But why?" replies Star Streak. "Why hide the truth from me?"

"Because you, when it comes to reactions, you can be, let's say," says Nightmare Moon.

"Unpredictable," Daybreaker interrupts.

"I am not!" replies Star Streak. "I am not unpredictable!" He then stomps his hoof and flies off.

"He's still unpredictable, still a child in manner and mind," says Daybreaker shaking her head.

"Indeed," replies Nightmare Moon. "Why does he refuse to grow up? Why does he refuse to give up on us? Why can't he grasp that we've changed?"

"I don't know," sighs Daybreaker. "I really and truly don't know."

Daybreaker then lays her head down to rest and Nightmare Moon does the same. After hours of just lying there resting, the two tyrants fall fast asleep. Meanwhile, on a hill overlooking the palace, Star Streak stares up at the stars. He then lets out a scream. Tears then begin to fall from his eyes. He can't believe that his sisters are unable to be saved. How he wishes it wasn't so! How he truly wishes it wasn't so!