• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 1,331 Views, 48 Comments

Dystopia: Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have taken over Equestria and the nation is in ruins.

  • ...
16
 48
 1,331

Chapter 4-Two Former Tyrants, One Cell

Meanwhile, back in the cell, Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon continue to bicker. "I told you we shouldn't have trusted Twilight's quick turnaround," sighs Daybreaker.

"Oh, sorry I thought she was being sincere," replies Nightmare Moon.

"Well, your belief in her turnaround got us both caged up here, powerless, flightless!" replies Daybreaker.

Daybreaker then lunges at Nightmare Moon as Nightmare Moon ducks out of the way, causing her big sister to hit the wall, angering Daybreaker even more. Daybreaker then smacks Nightmare Moon across the face with her right hoof which angers Nightmare Moon who then slaps her back. In the cell, the two continue to tussle and fight and quarrel for hours until they are approached by Twilight.

"So, did you come to gloat about your victory?" huffs Daybreaker.

"Not at all, I came because I was curious. I'm curious about what made you two turn on a dime," replies Twilight.

"Why would you want to know that?" snaps Daybreaker.

"Because I used to think I knew you. I thought we were friends," replies Twilight.

"You were friends, but not with us, but with Celestia and Luna," replies Daybreaker, "but seeing as you have us locked up here permanently, I guess we'll tell you." She then lets out a big sigh. "We used to be Celestia and Luna before we got word that our old home had been bombed and destroyed, our parents and sisters and brothers killed, all dead. When we got there, we saw it was so and it hurt us so much, that it caused us to snap and change into our evil counterparts and remain there, still haunted by their deaths and the grief it still gives us."

"Oh, oh, well, sorry for your losses," replies Twilight.

"Really?" says a puzzled Daybreaker.

"Really," replies Twilight before flying off and leaving the cell. She then flies off towards the old Alicorn city where she views several dead bodies of alicorns both female and male in form and build. Foals lying next to parents, also dead. Their houses and castles were dust on the ground and more sturdy buildings left in ruins. She then lands and dusts off an old mural. She then looks at it with a shocked face. "It's a mural of Celestia, Luna, and what seems to be their mom and dad," says Twilight to herself with her right hoof over her mouth. "I...I can't believe it. I just can't believe it."

"Well, believe it," replies a voice in the shadows.

"Who...who's there?" says Twilight, her voice shaking.

"The lone survivor," replies the voice as its accompanying body lands in front of Twilight. "My name is Star Streak, son of Galitea, former leader of the Alicorn Kingdom of Unitus."

"You're an al...al...alicorn?" says a confused Twilight.

"Yes, all of us here were," replies Star Streak. "We all thrived here. Me, Celestia, Luna grew up together in the castle over there until one day, Celestia and Luna left us to help rule the small Equestria. When they left, mom and dad were in tears. They were heartbroken. They thought Celestia and Luna had deserted them and abandoned their crowns. They didn't know that their daughters were ruling on the other side of the globe, still having their crowns and their titles. I tried to explain the truth to them but to no avail. Not long after that, well, they turned on me and blamed Celestia and Luna's leaving on me."

"Oh, wow!" replies Twilight. "I can't believe your parents would turn on you like that."

"Well, after that, I learned not to trust anypony, not even family," Star Streak responds. "I watched when they were bombed and hid myself way underground where the bomb couldn't get to me. That's how I'm still here."

"Well, Celestia and Luna have changed immensely. Ponyville is now a wasteland with only a few newly built houses and a newly built orphanage. Celestia and Luna are now evil tyrants and I had to put them behind bars. Do all alicorns have an evil form?"

"No, not at all, only royals have a corruptible form," replies Star Streak.

"Aren't all alicorns royals?" asks Twilight puzzled.

"No, not at all," replies Star Streak. "Most actually had common jobs with only three royal families, mine being one of the three."

"Oh, I see," replies Twilight.

"I see you too are an alicorn," says Star Streak. "How'd you gain your wings?"

"By finishing a spell of Starswirl's," replies Twilight. "Once I finished the spell, Celestia bestowed me with wings. She also did the same for my sister-in-law, Cadence, but instead bestowed her with a horn as she was born a pegasus."

"Yep, that sounds about right," replies Star Streak, "alicorns have a special power where they can turn average unicorns and pegasi into alicorns with the same amount of power as a natural born one."

"Oh, wow, that's really quite cool," replies Twilight.

"Can you take me to your home? Let me see what became of my sisters," asks Star Streak.

"Okay, but you won't like what you see," replies Twilight. The two then take to the skies. A few hours later, the two land in the Canterlot castle and go down into the dungeon. There, Star Streak tries to talk to his sisters.

"Celestia, Luna," says Star Streak, "what has become of you? Why are you like this?"

"We are like this because of the destruction of our home and the death of our kind," reply the two sisters in unison. "What are you doing here, Star Eyes?"

"You two know I never liked that nickname," replies Star Streak. "I'm here to see you. Sisters, I miss you." A tear falls from his eyes.

"Well, Luna and Celestia aren't coming out anytime soon," snaps Daybreaker.

"They're not coming out ever," snaps Nightmare Moon.

"Fine," cries Star Streak, "I thought I could change you. Bring you back. Clearly, I was wrong." He stomps his hoof then flies off and Twilight flies after him. She can't help but feel bad for him. On the other hoof, she's proud that he at least tried to talk them back into their Celestia and Luna forms.

A few minutes later, Twilight finds him and sits down beside him. "I'm sorry," sighs Twilight.

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong," replies Star Streak. "I should've known I couldn't change them. Those two have always been stubborn."

"Clearly," replies Twilight with a small giggle. "At least, you tried."

"I guess you're right," replies Star Streak. "I just wish I could've talked them back down. I wish I could've gotten Luna and Celestia back."

"I know," replies Twilight. "Alas, not everypony can change." She then continues to sit there with Star Streak for hours, comforting him as he continues to cry. She just hopes she can help him get over the loss of his sisters to their corruptible forms of Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon...hooves crossed.